• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

“At this point I'll take anything that doesn't make this day last any longer than it has to.” Belle repeats. “Thank you for the trust. It won't be wasted.” invisible depths are commanded to surround the compact sphere, defy the laws of physics and act as the requested counterforce. Belle's stance falters for a spell. She steps back at first but stabilizes. More than she expected. “Now, to calculate the probable outcome of making the radius even smaller than the Schwarzschild r. when it reaches Deathwing.....no, impossible.”
"Thanks." They look at their steaming palms afterwards
"I math tho.." he shrugged. "Maybe that, alongside miss floating chick may help..."
"As long as you don't **** it up."

"Thanks." They look at their steaming palms afterwards
In silence, Belle glances at her own hands. Hidden behind those gloves, same as always. Reaching for something inside one of her pockets, she takes a medicinal ointment and throws it to Sofia. “It's not much, but it's the best skin care we can hope for in this carcass of a planet. Just make sure to give it back to me, if you're one of those people allergic to sympathy. I still have use for it.”

In silence, Belle glances at her own hands. Hidden behind those gloves, same as always. Reaching for something inside one of her pockets, she takes a medicinal ointment and throws it to Sofia. “It's not much, but it's the best skin care we can hope for in this carcass of a planet. Just make sure to give it back to me, if you're one of those people allergic to sympathy. I still have use for it.”
"Nah, I used to have medic that traveled with me a while back. He didn't make it though.." She opens up the ointment, rubbing it into her hands. Wincing as she does so.

"Nah, I used to have medic that traveled with me a while back. He didn't make it though.." She opens up the ointment, rubbing it into her hands. Wincing as she does so.
After this, mud-covered, fish-infested carcass of a planet is something that Belle adds under her breath. But there was no rush of blood to her head. Only shared frustration. “I'm sorry for your loss.” there was implicit intention to say more, but Belle didn't know how to express a word of support for feelings of loss that she never fully sorted either. Worse, in what Earth had become, they could also become another statistic in the page at any time. She continues, silent.

After this, mud-covered, fish-infested carcass of a planet is something that Belle adds under her breath. But there was no rush of blood to her head. Only shared frustration. “I'm sorry for your loss.” there was implicit intention to say more, but Belle didn't know how to express a word of support for feelings of loss that she never fully sorted either. Worse, in what Earth had become, they could also become another statistic in the page at any time. She continues, silent.
"As long as you don't **** it up."
"Soma's the guy who taught me math, so I can't possibly **** up..." Dene concentrates as mathematical symbols danced and surrounded him like an aura, "Miss Belle, I'mma need some assistance here..." Dene said.

As much grief as there was, statistics and whatnot, Dene could care less about it. There was no point in getting mad over spilled milk, except that milk is coming out to grab you by the ankles and take you to the underground.

Noah didn't know what to do, she stayed silent listening to the conversation although she focused her senses on sensing if there was something wrong on the roads to volcano.

"Why we wait? Longer we wait more planning he do." Palaria said as she began walking, stumbling and catching herself on one hand, pushing herself back up as she shook herself, her skinny and malnourished form beginning to walk again, her simple tattered blanket turned into a robe being all that covered her outside of clothing that very clearly did not fit, a torn brown with dirt t-shirt, barely recognizable jean-shorts, and... no clothing on her feet. This was not a girl who was taken good care of very often at all...

Noah followed the girl, she wanted to end this, her golden eyes looking ahead attentively at everything around her.

Jackie sighed since he have to go to the dragon's cave where he would probably die, but at least this suffering called life might end, so he continued walking.

"So question, does he still need to be locked up?" George asked while pointing at Darren.
"Depends" the leader replied before turning to the main group and then to Marcy.

"Can any of you deal with her if she rampages?".

"Rude" Marcy commented.

"I'll try" replied Noah, who turned to look at him, at least she understood how Marcy felt in this situation.
The leader turned to Voyant who simply nodded at the suggestion.

"Hmm, good enough" he said before pulling a key out of his coat pocket. Sticking it into a particular keyhole released Darren from his bondage, followed by him immediately dropping flat on the ground.
"This has been a very horrible few days" he said in pain.

The leader turned to Voyant who simply nodded at the suggestion.

"Hmm, good enough" he said before pulling a key out of his coat pocket. Sticking it into a particular keyhole released Darren from his bondage, followed by him immediately dropping flat on the ground.
"This has been a very horrible few days" he said in pain.
"Life always finds a way to screw us" Jackie say

"Nah, it's fine. You don't gotta be sorry for me. He wouldn't want people to mourn him long after his death. So there's no point in being sad. 'Specially when we could join him at any second. It's worth putting that effort into thinking about yourself." She closed the ointment and lightly tossed it back at Belle.
"Soma's the guy who taught me math, so I can't possibly **** up..." Dene concentrates as mathematical symbols danced and surrounded him like an aura, "Miss Belle, I'mma need some assistance here..." Dene said.

As much grief as there was, statistics and whatnot, Dene could care less about it. There was no point in getting mad over spilled milk, except that milk is coming out to grab you by the ankles and take you to the underground.
"I'll take your word for it. Didn't get to know that "Soma" guy, but he must've been a pretty big nerd if you're saying you can't mess it up."

"Nah, it's fine. You don't gotta be sorry for me. He wouldn't want people to mourn him long after his death. So there's no point in being sad. 'Specially when we could join him at any second. It's worth putting that effort into thinking about yourself." She closed the ointment and lightly tossed it back at Belle.
“Fair.” because her mind is still busy with other things, Belle almost misses it but catches with her hand. And she keeps walking.

"I'll take your word for it. Didn't get to know that "Soma" guy, but he must've been a pretty big nerd if you're saying you can't mess it up."
"I don't you'd call someone who's extremely lazy and arrogant a nerd. I heard he doesn't even read books, and that's coming from the old man." Dene replied.

"Soma is lazy. Untalented, even..." said Ceallagh, "That guy worked very hard to get that status, unlike prodigies like Nuntius and Efrain who got it based on natural intuition alone."

"Damn." Dene muttered, "But enough cliche giving backstory, we got a lizard to beat."

(I'll be mostly inactive for awhile, certainly not active enough to describe the journey... I warned about spooky season didnt I?)

"I don't you'd call someone who's extremely lazy and arrogant a nerd. I heard he doesn't even read books, and that's coming from the old man." Dene replied.

"Soma is lazy. Untalented, even..." said Ceallagh, "That guy worked very hard to get that status, unlike prodigies like Nuntius and Efrain who got it based on natural intuition alone."

"Damn." Dene muttered, "But enough cliche giving backstory, we got a lizard to beat."
Palaria sighed, this was going to be a long journey...

The desert was long, as usual, but completely glassed over areas spoke of where Deathwing had crossed, for massive swaths and Palaria surprisingly stuck to those, using them to slide and move faster, and after about two hours, they saw a city in the distance, black smoke forming a cloud, they couldn't make out any details from where they were... Palaria heaving a sigh as she glanced at the sky, about 9:00 PM... they'd covered a lot of distance, and Palaria recognized the city...

"Pause here. Much further and we'll get attention." Palaria said, trying to raise her voice to reach the whole group

(And this took over 30 minutes to write. I suck at writing traveling lmfao)

"Pause here. Much further and we'll get attention." Palaria said, trying to raise her voice to reach the whole group
Dene stopped, readying his gun as he waited for a signal.
Noah looked at this destroyed area and then looked around.

"Huh? Didn't you say we shouldn't give him time to create an attack plan?" She say confuse
"Trust the kid, Noah. She's met this dragon, so... She knows..." he shrugged, with Lewis just there watching. Wether the Dragon attacks or not, there's not much they could do except to fight.

Dene stopped, readying his gun as he waited for a signal.

"Trust the kid, Noah. She's met this dragon, so... She knows..." he shrugged, with Lewis just there watching. Wether the Dragon attacks or not, there's not much they could do except to fight.
"God, I just want this to be over, I'm worried about what Nuntius might be doing while we're here." She say while looking at the darkening sky.

Noah looked at this destroyed area and then looked around.

"Huh? Didn't you say we shouldn't give him time to create an attack plan?" She say confuse
"You want to take chance when tired? We go on his land." Palaria immediately asked, looking Noah right in the eye, before approaching her a bit

"When you deal with Deathwing and minions for all the time you remember you can contest me."

"Whatever it is, it's not like we can let this f*cker run around. Just imagine if Nuntius got a hold of this guy?"
"My father would kill me if that happened, well no, I have no idea who he is or where he is, maybe Soma but he's "busy", well Efrain maybe would go crazy"

"You want to take chance when tired? We go on his land." Palaria immediately asked, looking Noah right in the eye, before approaching her a bit

"When you deal with Deathwing and minions for all the time you remember you can contest me."
"Yeah, yeh, i get it kid"

Perge sequar.❞ the only purpose behind Belle's words is to let the group know that she follows and listens. Her focus remains with her Contraband and the duty entrusted to her.

"Hey, don't you think the scientist Bell not has much time left if she keeps using her contraband all night? You know cuz the radiation."
❝I should be able to last some time. Used to survive on my own before meeting the RR and it's been years since I inherited this. Situations where I needed to use the Contraband for more than an hour aren't new. That being said, I don't think that trying our luck by waiting a whole night is productive. Even if we turn a blind eye to my well being with such a gamble, that would give the dragon ample time to recover.❞

"I don't know, maybe asking them if they has anlther telekinetic Contraband, what I know is that she could die regardless if we sleep for more than 5 hours while she holds that" Noah said pointing to the rest of RR.
"Don't think swapping contrabands helps. They'd all emit radiation all the same. Think the best decision is getting to that Dragon asap."

Palaria sighed "suit yourself. From here have 6 more hours to travel if we continue at good pace. or 10 more with interruptions." She warned, shaking her head

Last edited:
"Great, if we survive, I'll go to Eqowir's restaurant and order everything on the menu." Noah joked a little, she felt good that they are close to returning to Henosis, now she understood why humans wanted a shelter not only to survive but for the peace that it offers

"Six hours? Yeah, I guess I can manage that... I should've expected one last stretch before this whole nightmare came to an end."
Sofia rubbed her eyes. This whole journey has been exhausting.

"And it'll probably take longer to return to HQ afterward."
Caleb added.

"I would've rather not have known that now..."
Sofia bent backward, stretching out as she let out a sigh.

"Apologies."
Caleb replied slightly smug.

Back