• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

❝I'm sure that he can handle all the company. What a sad time for me to be going somewhere without means of gathering data, other than memory.❞ keeping an eye on the unconscious Sofia, it was harder for Belladonna to follow Lewis's movements. He was making a mockery of the Waterboarders's size, handling the towering creatures like your average worm. ❝And Pallaria. Why is that lizard so obsessed with you? After being on the run for so many years, it would be unthinkable to believe that there was never any hint about the reason.❞

❝I'm sure that he can handle all the company. What a sad time to be going somewhere without means of gathering data, other than memory.❞ keeping an eye on the unconscious Sofia, it was harder for Belladonna to follow Lewis's movements. He was making a mockery of the Waterboarder's size, handling the towering creatures like your average worm. ❝And Pallaria. Why is that lizard so obsessed with you? After being on the run for so many years, it would be unthinkable to believe that there was never any hint about the reason.❞
"...I proved worthy." Palaria said, she didn't fully understand it herself, but she knew that part was completely true
Tilting his head at their pestering persistence, puppets would pull them down as they skewer them all.
The skewering only seemed to make them stronger, no sounds coming from them as another came up from just below to attack Lewis

The skewering only seemed to make them stronger, no sounds coming from them as another came up from just below to attack Lewis
As this was wasting his time, he decided to finish it off quickly. From one of his fleet attacked a gigantic hulking puppet, towering over even a normal sized building. Through there, said puppet would crush these things with its fists, like actual worms.

<<aside>> Vague like a sci-fi novel but Works for me. How and when?❞
Palaria only summoned(i think she has that?) her golden disk and held it up, Contraband she made on her own... and the same that managed to push Deathwing back as far as it did.

"He used minion. I eventually won. Then he had much more interest. Before I was forced to join Road Runners." Palaria said... she had no real concept of time at the time, so it was unlikely she was able to recount exactly how long ago

"I guess it makes sense, from what little I know, when you somehow manage to make one of those things look at you with interest, you can hardly get rid of it unless you kill it or get out of its range for a very very very very long time." Noah said with a sigh, her voice seemed to imply that she experienced the same situation as Palaria and Deathwing.

Palaria only summoned(i think she has that?) her golden disk and held it up, Contraband she made on her own... and the same that managed to push Deathwing back as far as it did.

"He used minion. I eventually won. Then he had much more interest. Before I was forced to join Road Runners." Palaria said... she had no real concept of time at the time, so it was unlikely she was able to recount exactly how long ago
❝Then we're both happy about the end of the RR. Might throw a party if the dragon dies.❞ two fingers up, Belle taps her temple. That disc...did she see that right? Or was the heat starting to make her hallucinate? ❝Don't think I have ever asked, but this Golden Disk....Where did you find White Snake Requiem this piece of Contraband?❞

Jackie sighed, slightly looking out of this conversation at Lewis who was still battle against this monster, and then doing Dene, it still seemed strange to him that none of the ones who weren't tired enough had told that man if he wanted some help.

He also started to think about what that place called Henosis would be like, maybe there he could take a bath and clean himself properly, the few times he had take a bath were more to avoid any illness than to relax.

Then he looked at Noah, who was next to Dene, it honestly seemed strange to him that she was here, he doesn't remember ever having seen her when RR capture them, also it seems like she have a panic attack before but no one noticed, well, now she calmed down a little but the nervousness is slightly present, there is also the fact that maybe she didn't say it directly but for him, she partially said something about suffered something similar to Palaria and Deathwing, maybe it was just like a dragged third party to the situation but it still seems strange to him because his instincts tell him that her words are incorrectly located in Time, it should not be past but present but it could simply be his lack of confidence that makes him interpret that something is wrong with the girl.

Then there was the issue of the Sightbreakers, he knew, if that guy (Darren) go out of their hands, so anything that slow down those rabid animals would no longer exist, they have to fight with a wave of monster and probably die Due to not knowing how much and where they are thanks to Sightbreaker's main ability, Jackie internally cursed that, for him, his chances of living are always in the red zone.

A noise in his head, which he considers to be his instinct or something, he never really asked anyone if it was normal or not because it felt more like a human characteristic than something strange like a mental illness but rather maybe it was his intuition, Anyway, it told him that he was not seeing the situation correctly to discover what the exact limits were and what to do to change it.

"How you think I got a won?" Palaria whispered, backing away a bit
❝Who knows? I am just curious about the origins of what you have. They might...no, we know they are key to defeating that thing once and for all, if our latest battle was any indication.❞ Belle's attention is finally diverted, to Lewis. ❝Everything under control or do you need a hand, mr. second in command?❞

"Uh, yeah, right, maybe he needs help, don't you think?" Noah said, coming back to her senses, lightly touching Dene's shoulder with her elbow although maybe it was instinct, honestly being in the presence of so many contraband users (the main characters and the few RR that still are alive and have contrabands) would probably start to affect her in some way especially considering that she recovers in another way.

"Uh, yeah, right, maybe he needs help, don't you think?" Noah said, coming back to her senses, lightly touching Dene's shoulder with her elbow although maybe it was instinct, honestly being in the presence of so many contraband users (the main characters and the few RR that still are alive and have contrabands) would probably start to affect her in some way especially considering that she recovers in another way.
"Yeah?" Dene asked, pausing the battle with another Gym Leader from his Gameboy, "What is it?"

❝Who knows? I am just curious about the origins of what you have. They might...no, we know they are key to defeating that thing once and for all, if our latest battle was any indication.❞ Belle's attention is finally diverted, to Lewis. ❝Everything under control or do you need a hand, mr. second in command?❞
Palaria took a small step back, glancing as the Ashes suddenly began to swirl when they got near, shadows moving to strike at the leads of the Caravan

As this was wasting his time, he decided to finish it off quickly. From one of his fleet attacked a gigantic hulking puppet, towering over even a normal sized building. Through there, said puppet would crush these things with its fists, like actual worms.
(Oh and they ded cause I dont know how Waterboarders like, die)

the Ashes suddenly began to swirl when they got near, shadows moving to strike at the leads of the Caravan
Lewis came dashing in, spreading toxins below as he ordered the fleet to advance forward while the Caravan makes their way across to the side, attempting to divert whilst his forces aggro the enemy.
"We'll probably have problems," Noah said, pointing out the current situation.
"You were gonna say?" Dene asked, "Dude's the second in command. Our goal is to just rest and regain energy... Wait up until we got our stamina back..."

"You know it's just a precaution, did you forget what Soma told you?" she said, rolling her eyes, as she let herself lean back in her chair, she took out her own console that she had bought for herself and put on a game she liked, Megaman X

Last edited:
Lewis came dashing in, spreading toxins below as he ordered the fleet to advance forward while the Caravan makes their way across to the side, attempting to divert whilst his forces aggro the enemy.

"You were gonna say?" Dene asked, "Dude's the second in command. Our goal is to just rest and regain energy... Wait up until we got our stamina back..."
❝Agreed. My hands are full as is.❞ thus spoke Belladonna, the liar. But she wasn't slacking, either. To stabilize and control that sphere and her own forces, effort was needed. Even if no one would be able to tell by looking at her face. ❝I'm counting on him to keep his word, but if he needs support I'm counting on your group next.❞

❝Agreed. My hands are full as is.❞ thus spoke Belladonna, the liar. But she wasn't slacking, either. To stabilize and control that sphere and her own forces, effort was needed. Even if no one would be able to tell by looking at her face. ❝I'm counting on him to keep his word, but if he needs support I'm counting on your group next.❞
"I know, we got his back. But it's not like he needs it..." Dene replied, just wanting the conversation to end so he could play more pokemon.

The shadows faded to strike at Lewis when he came into the Ashes, using hit and run tactics... but the lead caravans could see something beyond the ashes... perhaps it was the city in full? Who knows, at this point...

Jackie strains his eyes to see what that was, honestly it could be anything unimportant but if it was a Deathwing doing an ambush, it would be better to take everything into account.

The shadows faded to strike at Lewis when he came into the Ashes, using hit and run tactics... but the lead caravans could see something beyond the ashes... perhaps it was the city in full? Who knows, at this point...
Jackie strains his eyes to see what that was, honestly it could be anything unimportant but if it was a Deathwing doing an ambush, it would be better to take everything into account.
"Oh hang on, I can help with this" Marcy said and with a snap of her fingers, the whole place lit up like a Christmas tree, exposing the shadow creatures for where they lurked as well as this city that laid beyond.

"Oh hang on, I can help with this" Marcy said and with a snap of her fingers, the whole place lit up like a Christmas tree, exposing the shadow creatures for where they lurked as well as this city that laid beyond.
"Thanks..." said Lewis voice, speaking out of one of the Caravan's speakers, before the aerial puppet fleet from above began its bombardment on with the shadows now exposed, raining down self-destructing puppets as they explode into shrapnel and toxin.

Jackie had his eyes focused on the shadow, the moment the light came, the boy let out a small scream of pain, it was a sudden flash for which he was not prepared, he put his hands on his eyes.

"AHHH DAMN TRASH!"

The creatures shrieked with hate, immediately lunging at the one who dared reveal them, their musculature mixing with scales and eyes to create monsters that quickly adapted to be bright, though few survived the puppets, the caravan was almost through the thick ashes...

"ready..." Palaria warned quietly, trying not to breathe

Jackie instinctively moved his hand to punch her, his senses scream in his mind because Marcy had gotten too close, of course that punch was more of a reflex and probably wouldn't even tickle her.
Darren quickly caught him before he can do anything brash, whispering to his ear "This is for your own safety, do not do that". Marcy simply tilted her head before giving a chuckle and disappearing, as usual

Darren quickly caught him before he can do anything brash, whispering to his ear "This is for your own safety, do not do that". Marcy simply tilted her head before giving a chuckle and disappearing, as usual
"Listen, it was pain when we had to deal with her games" Noah said, still playing her game.

Jackie simply gritted his teeth in frustration, muttering curses at the Waterboarders in general not only to Marcy

The creatures shrieked with hate, immediately lunging at the one who dared reveal them, their musculature mixing with scales and eyes to create monsters that quickly adapted to be bright, though few survived the puppets, the caravan was almost through the thick ashes...

"ready..." Palaria warned quietly, trying not to breathe
Again, Lewis prevented anything coming close to the Caravan, gigantic Puppets descending down upon from the aerial fleet to pummel the shadows as they were brought by colossus down and about.

Back