• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"You don't need to shout, we can all hear each other through our link with Caleb... what do you need?"
"I'm sorry, I still don't know which is less annoying, calling someone in person or sending messages in someone's head." She apologized

"Anyway, I just came to see how you guys are, you know, because of the use of contrabands can make our human´s body become a radioactive soup and we were separated."

"It's me, Dene ya boi. I've done somethin' I dunno if it's g or not g to the dragon..."
"Yeah, that too"

"It's me, Dene ya boi. I've done somethin' I dunno if it's g or not g to the dragon..."
"Lay it on me then.."
"I'm sorry, I still don't know which is less annoying, calling someone in person or sending messages in someone's head." She apologized

"Anyway, I just came to see how you guys are, you know, because of the use of contrabands can make our human´s body become a radioactive soup and we were separated."
"Belle... is fine, but she's been better. I'm fine, the technique I'm working on right now is just a very intensive one. Takes a lot of effort and time to build it up enough. Plus Belle's helping me out with the tax of it as we speak."

"Belle... is fine, but she's been better. I'm fine, the technique I'm working on right now is just a very intensive one. Takes a lot of effort and time to build it up enough. Plus Belle's helping me out with the tax of it as we speak."
"Good, I don't want to be the only one who can mend the broken bones here, that would bad if i go to nearly zero ."

"He be watching. Studying. In fire hill." Palaria said, pointing in the direction of... the nearest supervolcano.
“We should strike while the iron is hot if we want to have a shot at putting an end to this, once and for all.” and her power was good against environmental hazards.
“I can manage. If there's one thing I was born with that is never breaking, it's my mind.”
"Is the Scientist Chick listenin' on this?" he asked first.
“Yes. Saving my breath, is all. Head still rings like a bell. Proceed.”

Last edited:
“Yes. Saving my breath, is all. Head still rings like a bell. Proceed.”
Dene would then proceed to tune this not just to them but to everyone who is in the vicinity, "Before the dragon escaped, I fired some bullet. Can't really call it a bullet cuz it involved math — something you guys would know and not me. But from what I can tell, it's tracking the lizard as we speak... The bullet ain't gonna stop following and it's damn sure to hit wherever it is it's gon' hit. Be it the wings or anythin', I'm sure that the next time we all fight this guy, there ain't no running..."

Last edited:
"So, where are they heading?" the leader asked as he walked towards Voyant who was focusing on a sight at the distance.
"To where it always goes" words appeared in his head, confirming his beliefs.

"Alright everyone! We ride in an hour" he said to his men, followed by most of them quickly getting up.

"So, where are they heading?" the leader asked as he walked towards Voyant who was focusing on a sight at the distance.
"To where it always goes" words appeared in his head, confirming his beliefs.

"Alright everyone! We ride in an hour" he said to his men, followed by most of them quickly getting up.
"I've checked on my team." Ceallagh would slowly walk behind the leader, "It's a good thing you kept your word." though his voice was still as serious.

Jackie came out from where he was, he had treated some of his own first degree burns and some injures, nothing serious so he had the conditions to do what was in his power.

He saw how the leader seemed to be planning to leave soon, he wasn't sure, he had heard fragments of conversation but that was all, he had no idea what to do.

Checking for something, he only found his large blade-knife which he used to kill any animal and prepare it to make food..... Turning around he could see Palaria in the distance next to the group that the leader brought but it seems he saw a couple of new faces although he did not give it much importance

Dene would then proceed to tune this not just to them but to everyone who is in the vicinity, "Before the dragon escaped, I fired some bullet. Can't really call it a bullet some it involved math — something you guys would know and not me. But from what I can tell, it's tracking the lizard as we speak... The bullet ain't gonna stop following and it's damn sure to hit wherever it is it's gon' hit. Be it the wings or anythin', I'm sure that the next time we all fight this guy, there ain't no running..."
“Dene was your name, correct?” Belle snaps her fingers, calling name to memory. “Splendid work. With Palaria's senses and your ability, finding where that thing's been holed up before it gets back in shape shouldn't be a challenge. His kind rose from the ocean...we'll make that volcano its grave.”

“Dene was your name, correct?” Belle snaps her fingers, calling name to memory.
"Yes my name is Dene, you dipshi-" he sneaked that in so to spite.
“Splendid work. With Palaria's senses and your ability, finding where that thing's been holed up before it gets back in shape shouldn't be a challenge. His kind rose from the ocean...we'll make that volcano its grave.”
"Of course, beat his ass and go home..."

While Dene was sort of relishing the fact that it could be over, Lewis— who was listening and staying quiet— had other things to take note off than just wondering about the dragon. Either obliging or disagreement were in his decision, one thing isn't clear as mud water; his thoughts.

"Huh, you know a volcano isn't the place where, well, he would have more fuel? You know with all the lava he released being outside one, I guess we would have to get him out in case he decides to hide in a sea of lava" Noah she said, disgusted by the fact that she had to face lava again, nowadays one could say she hates waterboarders that control lava.

"He is at strongest there. Just getting there will lose people." Palaria grimly said with a slight sigh
"Welp, what do you gotta say to that Mr. Right Hand Man?" Dene would pat Palaria's head as a joke and look at where Lewis— the puppet or whatever is hiding.

The puppet would suddenly appear, bearing the Chicken-rooster head everyone keeps yapping about, crossed arms and floating next to them.

"I've told some of y-"

"You've never told anyone, dude..." Dene cut him off, making a derpy face.

"Ahem..." clearing the puppet's throat, "I can't exactly go all out and take the dragon out without any of you getting hurt." explained Ceallagh.

"Well, can't you just head there solo and just beat him yourself? Saves the time if you can just fight 'em by yourself..." Dene replied, shrugging his arms.

"At the current state I'm in, most of the conditions for my Contraband aren't met yet. So as much as I would want to go there now, I cannot guarantee I could win easily without having to sacrifice something else in return..." the man brought no reassurance but at the same time had confidence.

"So? You're saying you can't win?" the boy asked again.

"I could if I really tried-"

"Then go and chase after 'em!" Dene exclaimed.

"Like I said, the conditions aren't met yet and I don't want to sacrifice something great just to defeat an enemy..." Ceallagh lowered his head, shook it, and let out a breath of disappointment.

"Well what 'great' is it that you're sayin' huh?"

"Like my base back at Misty Basin. Releasing my puppets there would allow for a swift victory, but it'd cost the Contraband supply to be all destroyed. That's not something I'm willing to gamble on considering I'm the only one who guard it..." Ceallagh wasn't the type to info-dump, but seeing this as necessary or everyone's gonna be confused, he had to say what he needed to.

"Well, Efrain's got thi-"

"The old man has the same situation as mine..." it took a short while of silence for him to speak as he sighed very deeply, "To put this in a way for you to understand: he gets out, priest swoops in to attack Henosis. If I get out, my puppets defend my base. Got it?"

"Y-yeah... got it..." Dene gave a thumbs up, sort of parent-scolded-me-embarrassed as he trained his look down and stopped patting Palaria's head.

Noah just rolled her eyes before starting to walk.

"Well, Lewis cannot won by himself alone, so what are we waiting for? we don't want to have to deal with other Waterboarders if we don't hurry up" Noah say hinting that while Deathwing is the big guy, there are still enough monsters in this world to bother the team regardless of their size.

Palaria... completely didn't understand the gesture and shifted to avoid being touched

"If you fight him once he know what coming now..." warned Palaria grimly

“Yes, yes. All that you people have said makes a lot of sense. Here's the problem.” she takes a step ahead. “We're out of options. But if we do have options and I'm not seeing them. If anyone can dig him out of that hole without the need for a hands-on approach, I'd love to hear how.”

"Maybe I should have thought about having a contraband that makes the skin resistant to lava and heat," Noah muttered but something occurred to her.

"Maybe we can make him deaf? That will force him to rely on his eyes, so he will not hide" Noah said, remembering that Marcy's ability also affects senses like hearing by controlling the sound could be used against Deathwing.

"...you want make him rely more on large swaths?" Palaria asked
"rather, it is to prevent him from going down underground or into the magma of the volcano, remember that he is in one, so he would have to limit himself to being at a point where it is reachable for our attacks, and unless have a better idea, that's what we have"

"rather, it is to prevent him from going down underground or into the magma of the volcano, remember that he is in one, so he would have to limit himself to being at a point where it is reachable for our attacks, and unless have a better idea, that's what we have"
"..." Palaria was quiet... before she spoke again

"That the point."

"I already fired the math bullet thingy, there ain't no running away when we fight 'em again." Dene replied, with him looking at Lewis, "Besides, we got that guy on our side." even smirking.

"I already fired the math bullet thingy, there ain't no running away when we fight 'em again." Dene replied, with him looking at Lewis, "Besides, we got that guy on our side." even smirking.
"It's not that he escapes, it's that we can't reach him in the lava without missing one of our attacks or do you want me to go down there and fight him like I did with the hellblazer?" Noah remind Dene, although she was immune to the normal lava and heat, she was not immune to the lava and heat generated by another Waterboarder.

"It's not that he escapes, it's that we can't reach him in the lava without missing one of our attacks or do you want me to go down there and fight him like I did with the hellblazer?" Noah remind Dene, although she was immune to the normal lava and heat, she was not immune to the lava and heat generated by another Waterboarder.
"I mean, we don't need to reach him in the lava. We can just make him come out. If I can have Belle's support combined with The Second in Command Guy's power, we can zone him out. Either he stays there and eventually die or he comes out and we beat him up, pretty simple."

Palaria sighed

"Thought of how many die in first attacks?" She asked bluntly
"They weren't our friends, so I'm sorry if one was yours."
"I mean, we don't need to reach him in the lava. We can just make him come out. If I can have Belle's support combined with The Second in Command Guy's power, we can zone him out. Either he stays there and eventually die or he comes out and we beat him up, pretty simple."
"Sometimes I wish things were that simple," Noah said before turning to the others.

"Well, enough talk, let's move on."

Belle does the time-honored gesture of pulling on each glove and stretching her fingers. “The year is 1959. At depth of ten kilometers, a M7.3 or 7.2, depends on your source earthquake strikes. Enough energy to destroy a city a hundred times over is released. In comparison to this, nuclear weapons seen at the end of World War II are sticks and stones.........but Supervolcanoes can take impacts of this magnitude without any issues. Rest assured that you'll have my support, risk-free of any collaterals like the volcano blowing up the way it happens in a sunday cartoon.”

Belle does the time-honored gesture of pulling on each glove and stretching her fingers. “The year is 1959. At depth of ten kilometers, a M7.3 earthquake strikes. Enough energy to destroy a city a hundred times over is released. In comparison to this, nuclear weapons seen at the end of World War II are sticks and stones.........but Supervolcanoes can take impacts of this magnitude without any issues. Rest assured that you'll have my support, risk-free of any collaterals like the volcano blowing up the way it happens in a sunday cartoon.”
"Okay, floating chick nerd..." having grumbled another insult, not taking in the deep river of conversation that sincerely, "But, ermm, yeah. It ain't gon' be the same... Just provide them math and shit, I'll shoot and calculate..." his mind was still in the ball game, that's for sure.

"Okay, floating chick nerd..." having grumbled another insult, not taking in the deep river of conversation that sincerely, "But, ermm, yeah. It ain't gon' be the same... Just provide them math and shit, I'll shoot and calculate..." his mind was still in the ball game, that's for sure.
“There's nothing nerd about what I just said.” she absent-mindedly responds. “Documentaries were all over the place from the late 60's to the early 70's. Anyone who read a newspaper on the regular or watched tv would know about that. It's not my fault that anyone of your age was born too late to know what it was like to have newsstands and sunday cartoons.”

Last edited:
“There's nothing nerd about what I just said.” she absent-mindedly responds. “Documentaries were all over the place from the late 60's to the early 70's. Anyone who read a newspaper on the regular or watched tv would know about that. It's not my fault that anyone of your age was born too late to know what it was like to have newsstands and sunday cartoons.”
"You don't have to hit me backhanded, I know..." he shrugged, "Besides, as if I could care less to watch cartoons; I've played enough Pokemon to make a good idea of how they work..."

"I've checked on my team." Ceallagh would slowly walk behind the leader, "It's a good thing you kept your word." though his voice was still as serious.
"Remind them of our presence. I'll be there when they arrive" the leader replied
"Is that, higher ground?" George asked, noticing the mountain before him.

"Yes, he always returns here"
."They are getting close" the words spelled out in the heads of the roadrunners around.

"Good, then we'll be ready for them. Get it ready" the leader replied, his men quickly rushing to position.

"Remind them of our presence. I'll be there when they arrive" the leader replied
"Already did." Ceallagh was relaying it via Caleb's Contraband, slightly having some use off of this power— one he finds to be very convenient.

"Just make sure you and your men don't do any funny business... I'd rather not get my hands more dirty than they are..."

"mmmmmmmmm" Jackie looked at his boss from a distance, he was also watching Daren very closely in case of anything, he was really starting to think about how he got here, so many possibilities and ended up at the bottom.

-------------

Noah really needed a Coca-Cola now.

"what one has to do to be able to live and eat" she murmured, It's a little annoying to know that now she has to kill her another Waterboarders, but well Deathwing asked for it after bothering her and her friends.

Noah really needed a Coca-Cola now.

"what one has to do to be able to live and eat" she murmured, It's a little annoying to know that now she has to kill her another Waterboarders, but well Deathwing asked for it after bothering her and her friends.
"You know... how about I treat you again for a date this time?" Dene asked, trying to make light of the situation.

"You know... how about I treat you again for a date this time?" Dene asked, trying to make light of the situation.
Noah looked at him for a bit before laughing lightly and patting him on the shoulder.

"Oh how chivalrous, does the flower man want to take the carnivorous plant to dinner again?" She joke using a pun about Dene's contraband and the fact that Noah is very lethal.

Noah looked at him for a bit before laughing lightly and patting him on the shoulder.

"Oh how chivalrous, does the flower man want to take the carnivorous plant to dinner again?" She joke using a pun about Dene's contraband and the fact that Noah is very lethal.
"Don't make me take you to bed!" Dene replied with a joke as well, "Of course I will! What kind of boyfri-fianceeidunno would I be if I didn't?" he smirked.

Back