• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Six hours? Yeah, I guess I can manage that... I should've expected one last stretch before this whole nightmare came to an end."
Sofia rubbed her eyes. This whole journey has been exhausting.

"And it'll probably take longer to return to HQ afterward."
Caleb added.

"I would've rather not have known that now..."
Sofia bent backward, stretching out as she let out a sigh.

"Apologies."
Caleb replied slightly smug.
"'HQ'?" Palaria asked, a little confused as to what that meant
"Let's not waste any more time...." Lewis made multiple cruises as he interrupted Palaria's question, "I'll answer those myself. For now, we should focus at the threat at hand. Board along, this should accelerate the travel process."

"Let's not waste any more time...." Lewis made multiple cruises as he interrupted Palaria's question, "I'll answer those myself. For now, we should focus at the threat at hand. Board along, this should accelerate the travel process."
Palaria glanced at Lewis, and then at the "Board", not exactly getting what she needed to do

Dene hopped on in one of the floating cruises as he looked back at them, "If y'all don't wanna waste your legs and stamina getting to that f*cker, then get on over here!"
Palaria nodded, getting it then as she moved over to get on one
"HQ as Headquarters for short, is where we all lived before being in this place, a place free of Waterboarders and stable civilization" Noah answered Palaria's question
Palaria nodded again, smiling a little and giving a thumbs up

Jackie and Noah followed Dene, both being in transport.

"Okay, this is more comfortable than when I brought all of you to the outskirts of the city, before getting hit by all those Sightbreakers" Noah said.

Jackie and Noah followed Dene, both being in transport.

"Okay, this is more comfortable than when I brought all of you to the outskirts of the city, before getting hit by all those Sightbreakers" Noah said.
"Well, that's because we need those meds for Mr. Gay and Femboy, and also for that dementia guy, who I wish should be here..." Dene replied.

"Dementia?" asked Lewis.

"Yeah, we met this good dude who's secretly a badass. Just on our way back at his home, I saw hundreds of Waterboarders dead in his backyard..." the boy advertised, making himself comfortable with the sofa placed on said cruise.

"I see. When we get the chance, we can have some uses for a man like him, in spite of his illness. After all, we haven't had a new member of the Seraphim..." replied the Rooster head, finding it slightly amusing.

"You mean the group Soma was on? Sheeesh, that high already? Though... I dunno, seems like he's just a naturally odd dude according to what I saw, so... I'm trusting your words on this..."

"Well, that's because we need those meds for Mr. Gay and Femboy, and also for that dementia guy, who I wish should be here..." Dene replied.

"Dementia?" asked Lewis.

"Yeah, we met this good dude who's secretly a badass. Just on our way back at his home, I saw hundreds of Waterboarders dead in his backyard..." the boy advertised, making himself comfortable with the sofa placed on said cruise.

"I see. When we get the chance, we can have some uses for a man like him, in spite of his illness. After all, we haven't had a new member of the Seraphim..." replied the Rooster head, finding it slightly amusing.

"You mean the group Soma was on? Sheeesh, that high already? Though... I dunno, seems like he's just a naturally odd dude according to what I saw, so... I'm trusting your words on this..."
Noah rolled her eyes at the whole mention of recruiting Nuzlos and the Seraphim division, she didn't want to deal with both of them in case Nutzlos forgot her again and she was sure that many members of the Seraphim division wouldn't forgive her.

"Dementia?" asked Lewis.

"As someone who's had a confrontation with him before, I can admit he's got some spunk. Shame it wasn't in the best conditions. I think he'd work better as a support unit with Caleb though, based on what I experienced."
Sofia sat down as well.

"Weapon or contraband ready. We be attacked on way." Palaria said, her voice a little confused, considering she knew... nothing about what they were talking about

"Weapon or contraband ready. We be attacked on way." Palaria said, her voice a little confused, considering she knew... nothing about what they were talking about
"Don't worry, I'll handle them." Lewis replied, "Your goal is to defeat the dragon or buy some time for me to beat it in a couple of attacks..."

Once they started moving, it didn't take very long for the first big swing to happen, only about five minutes or so... Lewis was going to have his hands full, it seemed, if this was their introduction

"We be in city in five." Palaria called out, the ruined buildings painting the most grim perspective, coated in a thick layer of ash that was rising up from the disturbance, whatever city this used to be, it was inhabitibal by any but the most hard of survivors, and more details couldn't be made out due to the ash covering up everything with it's movement.

"Well, it looks like we're getting closer." Jackie said with a serious but calm tone.

Noah looked at the area without saying a word, if she had a pillow in her hand, she would probably hug it.

❝I have no interest. We have bigger fish to fry.❞ Belle nonchalantly awaits the time of arrival, riding on her assigned vehicle with no perceptible change in her way of behaving. ❝Keep your fingers crossed and hope that this trip doesn't become any longer than it already is.❞

❝I have no interest. We have bigger fish to fry.❞ Belle nonchalantly awaits the time of arrival, riding on her assigned vehicle with no perceptible change in her way of behaving. ❝Keep your fingers crossed and hope that this trip doesn't become any longer than it already is.❞
Sofia slowly turns over to Belle, smirking.
"Lighten up a little, would y..."
She started to drone off mid sentence before face planting unconscious. Seems like she was at her limit

"Are you stupid-" Palaria immediately spoke, looking immediately surprised about Sofia collapsing and swinging her whole body over to face her unconscious form, and was worried about that one moreso than the others considering the assistance she'd given Palaria when they got back to base before it was turned to glass and scrap metal

She started to drone off mid sentence before face planting unconscious. Seems like she was at her limit
".....Well, I guess someone should stay to take care of her while she's unconscious," Noah said, surprised by what happened, but really now that she thought about it, Sofia was pushed to her limits multiple times on this trip, so her resting make sense.

Belle looks just as unfazed by the developments, but she does the courtesy of stopping gravity's call. With a thought, Sofia's promised fall would come instead to meet a cushion of wind.

❝You should take your own advice. Make the most of your rest while it lasts.❞ the wind howls like a dying animal. You almost can't hear it, but the sound is there, in this desert of dust and ashes. ❝More importantly, any of you know where exactly are we? I've gone places, but this ruined city is a discovery.❞

Belle looks just as unfazed by the developments, but she does the courtesy of stopping gravity's call. With a thought, Sofia's promised fall would come instead to meet a cushion of wind.

❝You should take your own advice. Make the most of your rest while it lasts.❞ the wind howls like a dying animal. You almost can't hear it, but the sound is there, in this desert of dust and ashes. ❝More importantly, any of you know where exactly are we? I've gone places, but this ruined city is a discovery.❞
"Dunno..." Dene just muttered, playing his Gameboy regardless of what happened. "Any idea, Sir Lewis?"

"..." Lewis was just silent, not saying much as he remained watchful of the surroundings.

"This place is strange to me too, there aren't many cities after those damn disgusting monsters appeared to kill kids, old people, whoever they saw, so get together in a city would only make easy targets unless it had something that made they think could survive all of them together, so if there were a lot of people here they died out of stupidity, that or the flying big guy just likes destroying an abandoned city." Jackie said, hinting at his distaste for the Waterboarders, clearly he hatred was palpable.

Noah couldn't say something but look away, as if the words of hate gave her a shock of culpability.

The ground rumbled and a massive beast came from the sand, rushing to destroy one of the board-things

Palaria looked at it, and then to Lewis, he said he'd handle the company, so she expected him to follow through

An uninterested look from decades of experience. Something like this of a threat, would only impede their progress.

"Leave the rest to me..." he muttered, before...

Swish, gone.

The air spoke nothing of what happened, nor did the sounds of walking ever escaped. Dene's eyes widened seeing him gone, in a flash, faster than anyone besides the other two he and many other know.

Instantly, in the sky, Lewis was seen. Both revolver and a blade on his hand, he'd deliver precise poisonous slashes directly at the beast, then shooting several shots, which— even if they appear seemingly ineffective— controlled the nervous system of the monster and made it go rampant, destroying its insides with both the deadly toxin and the gun.

Noah watched as Lewis fought, his presence was the same as Soma's(to a lesser extent at least), she start to cold sweat a bit as she remembered every attack that Soma threw at her both in training time and the time he wanted to kill her and seeing Lewis releasing power now, before, her focus was on surviving and saving her friends and love from the clutches of the RR and Deathwing so she didn't pay much attention to her enhanced senses about the danger, but now almost start to hypervetilate.

Honestly, it wasn't the best week for her.

Noah watched as Lewis fought, his presence was the same as Soma's(to a lesser extent at least), she start to cold sweat a bit as she remembered every attack that Soma threw at her both in training time and the time he wanted to kill her and seeing Lewis releasing power now, before, her focus was on surviving and saving her friends and love from the clutches of the RR and Deathwing so she didn't pay much attention to her enhanced senses about the danger, but now almost start to hypervetilate.

Honestly, it wasn't the best week for her.
Caleb who could read Noah's thoughts due to their contraband looked over to her. They weren't quite sure of what to say to lighten the mood at this time.

Jackie could barely see what was happening in front of him, this guy named Lewis disappeared and now he is fighting this beast, his eyes were alert, in case this is not the only enemy around.

"Well, this guy will finish off that non-human trash, great, with him we'll have a chance to survive with luck, don't you think Palaria? After finishing off Deathwing, I guess with some effort any stupid and trash Waterboarder would be a piece of cake" Jackie said

An uninterested look from decades of experience. Something like this of a threat, would only impede their progress.

"Leave the rest to me..." he muttered, before...

Swish, gone.

The air spoke nothing of what happened, nor did the sounds of walking ever escaped. Dene's eyes widened seeing him gone, in a flash, faster than anyone besides the other two he and many other know.

Instantly, in the sky, Lewis was seen. Both revolver and a blade on his hand, he'd deliver precise poisonous slashes directly at the beast, then shooting several shots, which— even if they appear seemingly ineffective— controlled the nervous system of the monster and made it go rampant, destroying its insides with both the deadly toxin and the gun.

Whatever that thing was as a Waterboarder, it had no necessary organs, and from the wounds erupted sand at it's attacker, at least it shot up at Lewis instead of the Board now
Jackie could barely see what was happening in front of him, this guy named Lewis disappeared and now he is fighting this beast, his eyes were alert, in case this is not the only enemy around.

"Well, this guy will finish off that non-human trash, great, with him we'll have a chance to survive with luck, don't you think Palaria? After finishing off Deathwing, I guess with some effort any stupid and trash Waterboarder would be a piece of cake" Jackie said
"If Waterboarder can be reasoned with, we reason with them. If not, they be destroyed." Palaria gave a rather blunt response, she didn't think all Waterboarders were condemned from the word 'go', but she certainly wasn't merciful to them either...

Whatever that thing was as a Waterboarder, it had no necessary organs, and from the wounds erupted sand at it's attacker, at least it shot up at Lewis instead of the Board now
The sand was quickly dispatched by gigantic mouths surrounding his puppets, before self-destructing to ensure it won't live again.

"If Waterboarder can be reasoned with, we reason with them. If not, they be destroyed." Palaria gave a rather blunt response, she didn't think all Waterboarders were condemned from the word 'go', but she certainly wasn't merciful to them either...
"You're kidding, only a fool who doesn't know how to breath would try to reason with a Waterboarder, the most logical thing is to destroy them before those monsters destroy us" Jackie joke

"You're kidding, only a fool who doesn't know how to breath would try to reason with a Waterboarder, the most logical thing is to destroy them before those monsters destroy us" Jackie joke
"We reason with one now don't we?" Palaria responded, rolling her eyes
The sand was quickly dispatched by gigantic mouths surrounding his puppets, before self-destructing to ensure it won't live again.
With the death of one came dozens more like it, all drawn to the death of one, now spewing sand without being injured first, it was annoying at best for Lewis, but it definitely slowed things down with some of the caravan having to dodge some coming in to assist

With the death of one came dozens more like it, all drawn to the death of one, now spewing sand without being injured first, it was annoying at best for Lewis, but it definitely slowed things down with some of the caravan having to dodge some coming in to assist
The caravan weren't just for transport as it shot out puppets to dice them up, not allowing any sand to touch his teammates and allies. Dene could that say that he's a man of his word.

(Whatever her name was, I know we got a waterboarder that's not Noah running around somewhere, thats about it lol)
(ah, ok)
"We reason with one now don't we?" Palaria responded, rolling her eyes
"We are surrounded before Deathwing come to fight us, and we are using them to our advantage now, you know they only do this because they see us as potential food, nothing more, to them we are only less than Nothing" he aswner while shrug

(ah, ok)

"We are surrounded before Deathwing come to fight us, and we are using them to our advantage now, you know they only do this because they see us as potential food, nothing more, to them we are only less than Nothing" he aswner while shrug
"Clearly if the one keeping Sightbreaker(I think) in line isn't dead yet..." Palaria said with an eye roll
The caravan weren't just for transport as it shot out puppets to dice them up, not allowing any sand to touch his teammates and allies. Dene could that say that he's a man of his word.
It dug in, but didn't kill, and did get sand to shoot out at the caravans that was countered, with the movement stirring within the city too...

It dug in, but didn't kill, and did get sand to shoot out at the caravans that was countered, with the movement stirring within the city too...
Spewing them away, Lewis steps him and— instead of slashing away— made tubes out of puppets to push them out with the air, like a reverse vacuum.

"Probably a strange time while we're in the middle of an attack but... we're going to be at this for a while. Why don't we all try to get to know each other a bit? It couldn't hurt, right? To starttttt... favorite songs or genres. How about it?"
Caleb claps a few times as to grab their attention. They weren't going to let this entire trip to finish off this dragon be a drag as well.

"Probably a strange time while we're in the middle of an attack but... we're going to be at this for a while. Why don't we all try to get to know each other a bit? It couldn't hurt, right? To starttttt... favorite songs or genres. How about it?"
Caleb claps a few times as to grab their attention. They weren't going to let this entire trip to finish off this dragon be a drag as well.
"I no know. I not told." Palaria responded, shrugging
Spewing them away, Lewis steps him and— instead of slashing away— made tubes out of puppets to push them out with the air, like a reverse vacuum.
As soon as they left the ground, they would repeatedly blast themselves at Lewis, proving to be a pain

Back