• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Sooner rather than later. I'm thinking tomorrow. With the loss of Caleb, we can't keep a close eye on Henosis anymore. I'm hoping we won't need to worry about them. After all, after cutting all ties with Caleb, they'd have also lost information on that girls whereabouts. We will need a replacement however."
In the midst of the woods, George hands over the paper he had been scribbling on to a canary, revealing it to be a comprehensible note all along.

"And don't get to them until they blows on that whistle, got it?" George orders, the bird giving a salute with its wing before taking the note and flying off.

It read : "Write back when safe. Status requested"

"Sooner rather than later. I'm thinking tomorrow. With the loss of Caleb, we can't keep a close eye on Henosis anymore. I'm hoping we won't need to worry about them. After all, after cutting all ties with Caleb, they'd have also lost information on that girls whereabouts. We will need a replacement however."
"You all must go to the arena now... He is waiting for you.." a propagandist said in a low tone, bowing their head as they lead them inside the arena.

It appeared as a church, filled with crucified humans and Waterboarders alike, their bodies rotting as some corpses fall flat into the ground, picked up by the other members to be sent to the incinerator.

"You all must go to the arena now... He is waiting for you.." a propagandist said in a low tone, bowing their head as they lead them inside the arena.

It appeared as a church, filled with crucified humans and Waterboarders alike, their bodies rotting as some corpses fall flat into the ground, picked up by the other members to be sent to the incinerator.

Upon entering the room, he bent down on his knee and looked down to the floor as a sign of respect
"It's been a while, master."

Upon entering the room, he bent down on his knee and looked down to the floor as a sign of respect
For a while, there was silence, only the faint sounds of the snow blowing through the church.
"It's been a while, master."
His voice echoed throughout the place before tiny sounds of footsteps were heard. However, it was instant that his presence was known.
"You did well, Adom... A commendable effort for managing to amass multiple Contrabands..." he said, his voice shrouded in pure mystery.

It was deep, nerve-wracking, and terrifying... Carrying such an impact that the church felt colder than ever before.

For a while, there was silence, only the faint sounds of the snow blowing through the church.

His voice echoed throughout the place before tiny sounds of footsteps were heard. However, it was instant that his presence was known.
"You did well, Adom... A commendable effort for managing to amass multiple Contrabands..." he said, his voice shrouded in pure mystery.

It was deep, nerve-wracking, and terrifying... Carrying such an impact that the church felt colder than ever before.

"I thank you for your praise, but I do no deserve it."

"I thank you for your praise, but I do no deserve it."
He said nothing for a moment, looking at his injuries. After a while, he stepped outside the dark shadow, revealing part of his face covered by a strange mask.

"Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate... It is not out of flattery that one commends you of your actions, but rather a reward for accomplishing yet another step towards our path to salvation..." he said.

"I still envy Soma Imperium for his departure... It is but a shame that he decided to leave... But it matters not. for we shall continue without the need of the Strongest Contraband User."

He said nothing for a moment, looking at his injuries. After a while, he stepped outside the dark shadow, revealing part of his face covered by a strange mask.

"Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate... It is not out of flattery that one commends you of your actions, but rather a reward for accomplishing yet another step towards our path to salvation..." he said.

"I still envy Soma Imperium for his departure... It is but a shame that he decided to leave... But it matters not. for we shall continue without the need of the Strongest Contraband User."

"Even the strongest are useless if their strength is misguided. I promise you this, master. The strongest will be felled. Not by my strength, but my brain. Only then do I believe I've earned your praise."

(Wait, isn't Adom's thing is that he's really strong?)

(He's physically superhuman and has a relatively strong ability despite it being simple due to its utility. But he only got to that point through ingenuity and planning. He ain't a super genius, but he is a smart strategist and fighter. This is higher position)

"Even the strongest are useless if their strength is misguided. I promise you this, master. The strongest will be felled. Not by my strength, but my brain."
"Eyes held high in pride are less able to see the uneven ground ahead, my apprentice. Soma is a very smart and powerful man, he is one that you cannot beat with intelligence alone..." he said, slowly pulling a picture from his sleeve. An image of a woman.

"Given Caleb was taken, we should set our focus towards her... Viviaan Lidea. Her power should temporarily give him quite the trouble while we take our time to acquire it," he said. It was mysterious as to what that "thing" his master was referring to.

"Eyes held high in pride are less able to see the uneven ground ahead, my apprentice. Soma is a very smart and powerful man, he is one that you cannot beat with intelligence alone..." he said, slowly pulling a picture from his sleeve. An image of a woman.

"Given Caleb was taken, we should set our focus towards her... Viviaan Lidea. Her power should temporarily give him quite the trouble while we take our time to acquire it," he said. It was mysterious as to what that "thing" his master was referring to.

"Understood. Master, I hope to prove you wrong and exceed your expectations, even if with a stroke of luck.."
He finally pulled his gaze away from the ground. Taking in his masters greatness as he made that claim

"Understood. Master, I hope to prove you wrong and exceed your expectations, even if with a stroke of luck.."
He finally pulled his gaze away from the ground. Taking in his masters greatness as he made that claim
"I sure do hope so, Adom... Now call the others and assign them the task I gave you.." he said, before summoning something from his hand.

"You will need this. It is a navigation-based Contraband... On December 1 in the morning, you will bring Viviaan here... Understood?"

"I sure do hope so, Adom... Now call the others and assign them the task I gave you.." he said, before summoning something from his hand.

"You will need this. It is a navigation-based Contraband... On December 1 in the morning, you will bring Viviaan here... Understood?"

"Understood. George, Mark, at my sides!"

(I remember. But Adom believes he's watching Paige in her cell and within earshot)
(OK then, lemme make a good scenario)

The dog in the room quickly left, eventually finding George in the forest, filling up some water from his purifier. Said dog proceeded to point at the direction of the base before tugging on his arm.

"Damnit, I missed it" George complained before writing a note and handing it to a nearby canary "Alright, Yang. Send this to them, I'll be with you shortly".

"Hmmm?" He looked off to his other side
"Where is he..?"
A canary soon landed on the window, tweeting a tune while a note laid below her.

"Out filtering some water for you all. Give me a rundown once I get there. And don't do anything to Yang, she's just the messenger" ~Hunters

Noah followed her companions hoping that Sir Efrain is not so different from how the people here are, she liked this place apart from the fact of the Warzone part.

Noah followed her companions hoping that Sir Efrain is not so different from how the people here are, she liked this place apart from the fact of the Warzone part.
As they entered the facility, a male robotic figure appears to be approaching them, presumably Sir Efrain. The sound of the metal limbs clanking as he walked to them and the walking stick supporting his weight, implying his old age.

As they entered the facility, a male robotic figure appears to be approaching them, presumably Sir Efrain. The sound of the metal limbs clanking as he walked to them and the walking stick supporting his weight, implying his old age.
Seeing him approach Rizzuto looked at the group and said, "Is this Sir Efrain because if so, I didn't expect him to be so old or disabled."

Seeing him approach Rizzuto looked at the group and said, "Is this Sir Efrain because if so, I didn't expect him to be so old or disabled."
"I don't think an old man in an exosuit would qualify as disabled," Dene said.

Efrain slowly approaches the three...

"Hello.. it seems that Soma has sent you three here..."

"I don't think an old man in an exosuit would qualify as disabled," Dene said.

Efrain slowly approaches the three...

"Hello.. it seems that Soma has sent you three here..."
"I not sure about that dene I mean he does have a cane and he's walking pretty slowly I think that makes him qualify as disabled." said Rizzuto He then turned his head at the old man and said, "Yes Soma sent us what do you need."

He sighed and instructed Mark prepare digital coordinates to Viviaan's location and air artillery by tomorrow before strutting to Paige's cage to ascertain she doesn't escape.
Paige simply remained silent, trying to think of a plan.
"By now, Soma's planning to come save me and possibly try to regain the lost Contraband.... But I don't think he'll just arrive here alone. At least they've got their information gatherer, and are now interrogating them... Most likely, he'd try to train those three as well... I mean, that's the most logical thing he's ever gonna do..." she thought to herself.
"I not sure about that dene I mean he does have a cane and he's walking pretty slowly I think that makes him qualify as disabled." said Rizzuto He then turned his head at the old man and said, "Yes Soma sent us what do you need."
"Yes, apparently there wanted to be something here that made our presence important"

"Well... I am here to guide you to your rooms... They have a special code that's only accessible to you only, and I'm here to debrief you on what you need to know... now come follow me..." Efrain said, taking the lead as he walks towards the multiple corridors, eventually arriving to a dormitory where there are 7 rooms, each having a complete set of food, drinks, and devices they'll need.

"Damn... just look at those rooms.."
Dene's face was filled with shock. He never thought he'd live such a wonderful life and now having all the food and comfortable bed all to himself, he simply can't wait to jump in.

"Well... I am here to guide you to your rooms... They have a special code that's only accessible to you only, and I'm here to debrief you on what you need to know... now come follow me..." Efrain said, taking the lead as he walks towards the multiple corridors, eventually arriving to a dormitory where there are 7 rooms, each having a complete set of food, drinks, and devices they'll need.
"Holy shit." said Rizzuto as he thought comfort like this was all laid to waste after the Waterboarders attacked he never imagined a place like this still existed.

"Damn... just look at those rooms.."
Dene's face was filled with shock. He never thought he'd live such a wonderful life and now having all the food and comfortable bed all to himself, he simply can't wait to jump in
Noah was surprised, this place is really more incredible than she thought, analyzing everything with her mouth open.

"Well, I haven't had a place like this since, since-, well I don't know," Noah said, then looked at her companions.

"Looks like our luck is finally working for something" she told to Dene

Paige simply remained silent, trying to think of a plan.
"By now, Soma's planning to come save me and possibly try to regain the lost Contraband.... But I don't think he'll just arrive here alone. At least they've got their information gatherer, and are now interrogating them... Most likely, he'd try to train those three as well... I mean, that's the most logical thing he's ever gonna do..." she thought to herself.
"Awake again so soon?" He spoke through the cell

"Awake again so soon?" He spoke through the cell
She simply stared at him, saying nothing.
"Holy shit." said Rizzuto as he thought comfort like this was all laid to waste after the Waterboarders attacked he never imagined a place like this still existed.
Noah was surprised, this place is really more incredible than she thought, analyzing everything with her mouth open.

"Well, I haven't had a place like this since, since-, well I don't know," Noah said, then looked at her companions.

"Looks like our luck is finally working for something" she told to Dene
"Sheeeshh!! Guess we struck ******* gold when we got here!! Thanks a lot old.."

Dene turned his head to see that Efrain once again disappeared, simply leaving behind three color coded cards...

"...man..."

Noah takes her card.

"Well, apparently the guy is a ninja, but this place is so great"
"Yep.. I wonder if there's movies to watch... " Dene said, picking his own card and handing the other to Rizzuto.
"Well, that happened." said Rizzuto
"Says the guy who said he was disabled..." Dene joked.
who then turned to Dene and Noah and said, "Wanna get ****** up." He then pulled out some weed offering it to them.
"Make sure this is some good shit or I ain't buying it..." he said, taking one as he uses his lighter.

(Me trying to process what happened: )

Noah blinked twice, she simply took two steps back and entered her room and then locked it, she decided not to accept it since something in her told her that it was not a good idea to mix Rizzuto's gifts with her physiology.

Back