• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Alright then." Caleb gestured for Ceallugh to turn around
"The condition for the ability to work is a slap across the rear." They grinned. Even during a time like this they could find the time to humor themselves.
The puppet suddenly shifted into Sofia, "You do realize that I can take control of this puppet..." said with the same voice, crossing her arms. "But, with the knowledge I'm given with, the handshake signals the activation, no?"

The puppet suddenly shifted into Sofia, "You do realize that I can take control of this puppet..." said with the same voice, crossing her arms. "But, with the knowledge I'm given with, the handshake signals the activation, no?"
"Mmmmm, yeah. I thought I could get ya with that one. Better luck next time I guess."
They brought their fingers together, snapping. As the snap echoed into Ceallugh's ears, he could feel his body become invigorated. He almost felt young again.

"Mmmmm, yeah. I thought I could get ya with that one. Better luck next time I guess."
"Many people had asked me to make puppets for them with the same reason, so you're not the first..." she— the puppet— replied.
They brought their fingers together, snapping. As the snap echoed into Ceallugh's ears, he could feel his body become invigorated. He almost felt young again.
"Nice... the fleet should be strengthened in due time..." said the puppet, with her looking at the barraging aerial strike.

"Many people had asked me to make puppets for them with the same reason, so you're not the first..." she— the puppet— replied.

"Nice... the fleet should be strengthened in due time..." said the puppet, with her looking at the barraging aerial strike.
"Yeah, but I wasn't talking about the puppet. I was going for the real deal-- you."
Caleb joined the puppet at looking onwards at the dragon whom was being attacked relentlessly. They didnt expect that to be the case for long.
"Don't let my boyfriend get too hurt though, or I'll give you that spanking anyway. Don't care how much of a fight you put up, someone's gotta get it for putting us on to this."

"Yeah, but I wasn't talking about the puppet. I was going for the real deal-- you."
"I won't be tricked by those, sorry.."
Caleb joined the puppet at looking onwards at the dragon whom was being attacked relentlessly. They didnt expect that to be the case for long.
"Don't let my boyfriend get too hurt though, or I'll give you that spanking anyway. Don't care how much of a fight you put up, someone's gotta get it for putting us on to this."
"Relax, they're not targeted at any ally— neither Rizzuto nor anyone else.." the puppet said.

Noah half closed her eyes, thinking about what she could do, she lacked enough energy to generate lightning, she didn't have a super weapon and she didn't want to relive being drowned in lava again, she currently felt a little useless, she sighed after some thought, she have to leave this in the hands of her friends.

Noah half closed her eyes, thinking about what she could do, she lacked enough energy to generate lightning, she didn't have a super weapon and she didn't want to relive being drowned in lava again, she currently felt a little useless, she sighed after some thought, she have to leave this in the hands of her friends.
"Noah..." Dene placed a hand on her shoulder, "You gotta stop being nervous, cuz ya ain't gon' get anywhere if you just leave 'em to others..." he said, "I mean, gyatdang, you're a Waterboarder for gosh sake, ain't no way you're gonna let yourself be beaten by this stupid excuse of a dragon, no?"

"Noah..." Dene placed a hand on her shoulder, "You gotta stop being nervous, cuz ya ain't gon' get anywhere if you just leave 'em to others..." he said, "I mean, gyatdang, you're a Waterboarder for gosh sake, ain't no way you're gonna let yourself be beaten by this stupid excuse of a dragon, no?"
That raised the girl's spirits and made her laugh a little.

"You're right, I can't let you guys kill my family without me." She joked

"Of course! Gotta make sure my girl gets the joy she needs!" he chuckled.
Noah found this funny, now she saw things differently, humans are chaotic and some are treacherous, but at the same time interesting, in their darkest times they achieve great things, they reflect, they form alliances to end a common enemy, they adapt, they have fun, and now she can be part of it, that made her feel more determined.

Noah found this funny, now she saw things differently, humans are chaotic and some are treacherous, but at the same time interesting, in their darkest times they achieve great things, they reflect, they form alliances to end a common enemy, they adapt, they have fun, and now she can be part of it, that made her feel more determined.
"Let's get this over with so we can have a date later!" Dene said, forming large guns and crystal flowers.

A few seconds on her trip, she closes in on Belle. Keeping herself suspended in the air next to Belle, using her tattoo, which is stretched thinly beneath her feet.
"I get scientists willing to do just about anything to get results, but a face like that shouldn't be wasted here. I've got a plan, but it'll only work if you cooperate. You up for it?"
Sofia holds out her hand for Belle to grab.
“I am....a tad busy.......as you might........expect here..........” gritting her teeth. At this point the forces at Belle's command are strong, stronger than anything she has tried before. So great their pressure. Surrounding currents drag the atmosphere, further layers to invisible grave. All matter that she does not selectively leave out is pulled into a stasis singularity imposed upon the creature from all sides, at every angle. Her right arm stays course towards Deathwing. That eye of the storm where nothing should move, no activity should occur. She doesn't even look at Sofia.

“But if you found a better way to solve this equation, better let me know how before my eardrums are ruptured from trying to hold back Krakatoa!!!!!!!” her other arm reaches out to the hand given and she takes it. So much more happens, but there's only so much she can pay mind to at a time now.

“I am....a tad busy.......as you might........expect here..........” gritting her teeth. At this point the forces at Belle's command are strong, stronger than anything she has tried before. So great their pressure. Surrounding currents are dragging the atmosphere, all matter she does not selectively leave out is pulled into the stasis singularity imposed upon that creature from all sides, at every angle. Her right arm stays course towards Deathwing. That eye of the storm where nothing should move, no activity should occur. She doesn't even look at Sofia.

“But if you found a better way to solve this equation, better let me know how before my eardrums are ruptured from trying to hold back Krakatoa!!!!!!!” her other arm reaches out to the hand given and she takes it. So much more happens, but there's only so much she can pay mind to at a time now.
"That's what I'm here for. I can't stand letting you shoulder this all by yourself. I'll get straight to the point though. Right now, you're in contact with everyone in my group that has a link with Caleb. You and me are both subject to their power. From what I understand, they can increase our physicality and contraband output. I figured if you, me, and Caleb worked together we could land a blow that causes actual lasting damage. I've got an attack with a lot of piercing power, but it takes a while to charge it up. If I was given sufficient time to do so, while amplified by Caleb and your Contraband like you did with Noah, and targeted that things weak-point, I think we'd be able to weaken it enough for our hard-hitters to finish it off. That make sense to you?"

"That's what I'm here for. I can't stand letting you shoulder this all by yourself. I'll get straight to the point though. Right now, you're in contact with everyone in my group that has a link with Caleb. You and me are both subject to their power. From what I understand, they can increase our physicality and contraband output. I figured if you, me, and Caleb worked together we could land a blow that causes actual lasting damage. I've got an attack with a lot of piercing power, but it takes a while to charge it up. If I was given sufficient time to do so, while amplified by Caleb and your Contraband like you did with Noah, and targeted that things weak-point, I think we'd be able to weaken it enough for our hard-hitters to finish it off. That make sense to you?"
Belle nods. The look in her eyes....She wants to answer, but her concentration will crumble if she does. Eyes that are determined but also at their wit's end. Holding her hand means that Sofia will perceive it. Even when dispersing all harmful heat waves with currents, Belle's temperature is abnormally cold. Stray shivers cross her body at every opportunity. But none of her frail limbs were any less ready to put on display how obstinate humans can be.

The puppet flew and faced Sofia, "Just be sure not to hit the aerial fleet, Sofia Martina and you as well Belle.." having the face Sofia had before she was burnt, pointing at the barraging attack Ceallagh is doing— now strengthened thanks to Caleb.

Belle nods. The look in her eyes....She wants to answer, but her concentration will crumble if she does. Eyes that are determined but also at their wit's end. Holding her hand means that Sofia will perceive it. Even when dispersing all harmful heat waves with currents, Belle's temperature is abnormally cold. Stray shivers cross her body at every opportunity. But none of her frail limbs were any less ready to put on display how obstinate humans can be.
"Gonna be honest, you look like shit right now. Not in a bad way! You.. you just seem like you're going to be out of it. I told you I wasn't going to let you shoulder everything, so let me help some."
Sofia pointed at her back while keeping a firm grasp on her hand.
The puppet flew and faced Sofia, "Just be sure not to hit the aerial fleet, Sofia Martina and you as well Belle.." having the face Sofia had before she was burnt, pointing at the barraging attack Ceallagh is doing— now strengthened thanks to Caleb.
"You don't gotta worry about that... and quit stealing my face! Or my old one anyway..."

"Gonna be honest, you look like shit right now. Not in a bad way! You.. you just seem like you're going to be out of it. I told you I wasn't going to let you shoulder everything, so let me help some."
Sofia pointed at her back while keeping a firm grasp on her hand.

"You don't gotta worry about that... and quit stealing my face! Or my old one anyway..."
“If I lose focus because one of these clowns made me laugh, so help me God. I turn the atmosphere into a Neutron Star or I die trying.” Belle smiles, secure in the many positive thoughts and feelings born from these ties that she has found.

“If I lose focus because one of these clowns made me laugh, so help me God. I turn the atmosphere into a Neutron Star or I die trying.” Belle smiles, secure in the many positive thoughts and feelings born from these ties that she has found.
Sofia hoists Belle onto her back so she doesn't have to exert as much effort, even if it's not much help. A little piggyback never hurt anyone.
"Caleb, I think you know what to do."
"I only did this to show your friend, Caleb, that it's a part of my ability... relax..." she replied, shifting to Sofia's current appearance, "See?" shrugging.
"I get it. But it's weird looking at myself anywhere but a mirror."

Caleb was getting ready for the plan. They were shaking hands with Noah and Dene who were currently the few ones nearby.

"Huh... what's a good way to make myself approacheable to Thrones..." the Sofia puppet muttered, before shrugging and randomly possessing Viviaan's face. "I think this works?" even down to the voice, "Yeah..."
Caleb was getting ready for the plan. They were shaking hands with Noah and Dene who were currently the few ones nearby.
Dene shook hands as well.

"Huh... what's a good way to make myself approacheable to Thrones..." the Sofia puppet muttered, before shrugging and randomly possessing Viviaan's face. "I think this works?" even down to the voice, "Yeah..."
"Not funny. Get out of that one, now. Go back to me if you have to." Guess that one's a touchy topic.
Dene shook hands as well.
"It might be best if we gather up everyone else, right?"

"Not funny. Get out of that one, now. Go back to me if you have to." Guess that one's a touchy topic
"I don't even know who this is, but okay..." the puppet shrugged and turned into a mix of Valentina and Tessa, "Is the one I shifted last a part of Thrones, or no? I'm not sure I remember correctly... Could ask Efrain later, but... I'm not sure if he will even talk after you guys arrive."
"It might be best if we gather up everyone else, right?"
"Yeah..."

Last edited:
Sofia hoists Belle onto her back so she doesn't have to exert as much effort, even if it's not much help. A little piggyback never hurt anyone.
"Caleb, I think you know what to do."

“<demonic inside noises about everyone trying to make her sit like it's a new trend.>” she dares to observe what else is there to. Or tries to. The inferno hurts her eyes, it's a good thing that the air currents blow, because the stench coming from the middle of that blazing graveyard was even less pleasant to experience than it would be to describe. “Human resources has seen better days.”

"I don't even know who this is, but okay..." the puppet shrugged and turned into a mix of Valentina and Tessa, "Is the one I shifted last a part of Thrones, or no? I'm not sure I remember correctly... Could ask Efrain later, but... I'm not sure if he will even talk after you guys arrive."
No... she's not."
“<demonic inside noises about everyone trying to make her sit like it's a new trend.>” she dares to observe what else is there to. Or tries to. The inferno hurts her eyes, it's a good thing that the air currents blow, because the stench coming from the middle of that blazing graveyard was even less pleasant to experience than it would be to describe. “Human resources has seen better days.”
"Hopefully this over with soon. I'll set you down afterwards, I imagine you're probably annoyed with how many people are trying to sit you out, but this time you looked like you actually could've used it."
She slowly rotated her hands around each other, gathering up any traces of oil left behind from all the destroyed vehicles left behind by the imminent threat.
"Hopefully you don't mind too much..."
"Speaking of everyone else, where is the leader of this gang, has he already died?" Noah said after shook the hands.
"Haven't seen him since he sent me out a bit away." They looked up at Sofia and Belle, snapping. The two of them could feel their attributes shoot up by a fair margin.
"That settles that... now let's look for others quick. I can't maintain this forever."

"Haven't seen him since he sent me out a bit away." They looked up at Sofia and Belle, snapping. The two of them could feel their attributes shoot up by a fair margin.
In the distant landscape, many of the roadrunners were tending to their wounds or repairing whatever is left of their vehicles. The leader stood on one of the hills, observing the battle from afar.

"This is the second time we've had to make a swift retreat. Voidmaker may not survive this time so tell me..." the leader said, facing Voyant who seemed to be bracing for something.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!". Voyant was grabbed by the neck and lifted up in the air though he didn't struggle much.

"I saw Deathwing cruising through darkness. He has never done such a thing before" words appeared in the leader's mind, his grip loosening for a moment.
"So you made a literal shot in the dark?! Of all people I knew, you wouldn't have done something so brash, so savage, so... unprofessional" he replied before dropping him.

"We may need to make an unwilling alliance with our former prisoners, they seem to be doing much better". The leader noticed not much resistance from his men besides one of them raising his hand, one he recognized.

"Go ahead, George" he said.
"How exactly would you get them to co-operate? You have no incentives or good relations and subjugation is difficult with most of your forces burned away" George explained.

"We managed to save one" the leader replied, walking to one of the ruins of the truck. There Darren stood, still strapped onto the hood with his contraption. The leader smiled before turning to nowhere in particular and grabbing the air. With a snap, a SightBreaker appeared, dead in his hands.

The instant Deathwing was targeted by belle he landed, Lava sweeping over the rest of the vehicles and melting them down before he lept up at her, ignoring almost everything else with his speed and power, and then he saw

Palaria fought not shifting under Deathwing's terrible gaze, especially when the Waterboarder cursed in a language none there could understand, though Deathwing tried to dodge, he knew that he'd been distracted too much by crippling this place and that organization to see a threat, careless he was to underestimate the girl who'd already put down a Waterboarder on her own... a mistake he couldn't make again.

But that was in the past as a quiet Dragon's Roar sounded, the light pierced the darkness, and the energy materialized into a dragon head and shot out at shocking speed to impact Deathwing directly in his armored spine, sending the massive dragon roaring back in rage, the energy drawing Molten and corrupt blood from him, staying for two seconds before it faded, leaving Deathwing somewhat staggered half a kilometer away

"I underestimated your tenacity... I will not make that mistake again, Palaria." The dragon growled, going deep underground just after, and leaving no trace of himself beyond his blood that dissipated

Noah could see Palaria tipping back into her, with what she knew about Contraband, Palaria clearly taxed herself pulling a stunt like that

"Looks like we're playing whack-a-mole now. 'Least that last hit did something. Wonder how... You holding up back there?" She looked back at Belle while keeping her hands cupped tightly together, the oil being forced into a volume comparable to a pencil's tip, and yet still had room to be compressed further under the intense pressure of her contraband

Noah could see Palaria tipping back into her, with what she knew about Contraband, Palaria clearly taxed herself pulling a stunt like that
"Ey kid!" Dene could be seen approaching her as he and Noah went over to Palaria's location.
"Looks like we're playing whack-a-mole now. 'Least that last hit did something. Wonder how... You holding up back there?" She looked back at Belle while keeping her hands cupped tightly together, the oil being forced into a volume comparable to a pencil's tip, and yet still had room to be compressed further under the intense pressure of her contraband
"Lower riff raff wouldn't work to do damage against them, good grief..." the puppet sighed, and looked at Sofia— now shifted to match her old face, "Martina, I am going to need you to buy me some time..."

“Seems that way.” and all it took was an hour of preparation and a boost of several times her normal output for it to happen. As a mild inconvenience. “Like every other problem in a post-apocalyptic world...you get used to it.” where that last set of phenomena took place is where her eyes are at. Had this continued, she might say reality took a day off from being realistic and wanted to just tell them Palaria was that good. But Belle stopped reading comic books at age 7, when the world ended. All she needed was to survive and obtain data.

“Never been better. It's not much, but we've seen with our own eyes that it isn't invincible. Also that the RR has the same relevance of their vehicles.” Belle releases the tension building up in her body. Her pulse is still abnormal. Head will be stinging for a while. Senses in disarray. But she'll manage at about half-capacity for the time being. It's not the first time and it wasn't the worst. “Someone would need an IQ in the negatives to not know this by now but I'll state it anyway. Either you are Palaria or you are Soma, otherwise you can't detain DW. Mildly inconvenience at best. Whether or not that remains true after what just happened is what needs further testing.”

Last edited:
"Yes, we honestly can't help you if you don't clarify that for us" Noah said worried at this point, starting to heal Palaria but taking her time to heal her, so she doesn't try to escape.

"...Deathwing hunt me most of life. He had a servant. Got servant down twelve moon ago. Made this." Palaria said, clearly, that was reasons 1-100 on why her English wasn't the best, and from her voice, she had some hope that she could actually win for real...

Back