• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"...Deathwing hunt me most of life. He had a servant. Got servant down twelve moon ago. Made this." Palaria said, clearly, that was reasons 1-100 on why her English wasn't the best, and from her voice, she had some hope that she could actually win for real...
"Uhuh? And what's this?" Dene asked.

"Argh, I suppose this is what Soma meant by saying that he can't always take care of the heavy thing" Noha said, sighing, already finishing healing Palaria.

"I recommend that you not use your contraband for about 20 minutes, otherwise we will go back to the beginning and would waste energy"

"Argh, I suppose this is what Soma meant by saying that he can't always take care of the heavy thing" Noha said, sighing, already finishing healing Palaria.

"I recommend that you not use your contraband for about 20 minutes, otherwise we will go back to the beginning and would waste energy"
"...I hear it called 'Contraband'." Palaria responded, keeping her cool when the attempt to grab it was made
"Kid, Imma need you to tell us what this golden disc do cuz that dealt some damage to the dragon. Either you lend them to me while she heals you up or you don't use it... option 1's the best if you're asking me, cuz I can't bear the sight of that damn dragon any longer..." Dene said, breathing in as he clenched his fist and glared at the dragon. "And now that f***er is dipping!"

With a high-powered rifle conjured and steadied by practiced hands, Dene aimed to strike the fleeing Deathwing obscured by distance, wind, and angular displacement.

The power of the shot, expressed through a complex equation, was defined as follows:

F = (M * V^2) / (2 * D * sin(θ))

Where:
  • F represented the necessary force to overcome the myriad environmental factors,
  • M denoted the bullet's mass,
  • V symbolized its velocity,
  • D characterized the target distance,
  • θ quantified the angle of elevation required to compensate for gravitational pull and reach the intended mark.

With meticulous calculation, factoring in wind speed and direction, humidity, temperature, and the Coriolis effect, the sniper orchestrated their formulaic masterpiece. The outcome: a shot that defied the chaotic forces of the world... in short, "a f**k you shot sponsored by all the pain he and everyone here went through".

The trigger squeezed, and the bullet soared through the mathematical ether, striking its target as Dene was blown back.

Last edited:
"Kid, Imma need you to tell us what this golden disc do cuz that dealt some damage to the dragon. Either you lend them to me while she heals you up or you don't use it... option 1's the best if you're asking me, cuz I can't bear the sight of that damn dragon any longer..." Dene said, breathing in as he clenched his fist and glared at the dragon.
(Deathwing dipped)

"Kid, Imma need you to tell us what this golden disc do cuz that dealt some damage to the dragon. Either you lend them to me while she heals you up or you don't use it... option 1's the best if you're asking me, cuz I can't bear the sight of that damn dragon any longer..." Dene said, breathing in as he clenched his fist and glared at the dragon.
"Dene you should calm down and think carefully, first you have to see the others and think a plan" Noah tells him, Before he could do something stupid, she pushes him a little so the bullet doesn't hit its target.

Last edited:
“Seems that way.” and all it took was an hour of preparation and a boost of several times her normal output for it to happen. As a mild inconvenience. “Like every other problem in a post-apocalyptic world...you get used to it.” where that last set of phenomena took place is where her eyes are at. Had this continued, she might say reality took a day off from being realistic and wanted to just tell them Palaria was that good. But Belle stopped reading comic books at age 7, when the world ended. All she needed was to survive and obtain data.

“Never been better. It's not much, but we've seen with our own eyes that it isn't invincible. Also that the RR has the same relevance of their vehicles.” Belle releases the tension building up in her body. Her pulse is still abnormal. Head will be stinging for a while. Senses in disarray. But she'll manage at about half-capacity for the time being. It's not the first time and it wasn't the worst. “Someone would need an IQ in the negatives to not know this by now but I'll state it anyway. Either you are Palaria or you are Soma, otherwise you can't detain DW. Mildly inconvenience at best. Whether or not that remains true after what just happened is what needs further testing.”
"Right, I gotcha... just for future reference, you can keep it brief with me. Kinda hard to follow all your metaphors and filler. No offense. I can tell you like talking like that after last time.."
"Lower riff raff wouldn't work to do damage against them, good grief..." the puppet sighed, and looked at Sofia— now shifted to match her old face, "Martina, I am going to need you to buy me some time..."
"I'm going to assume you're joking about both things you just said to me, How am I going to buy you time when I myself am charging something up, huh Brainiac?"

"Dene you should calm down and think carefully, first you have to see the others and think a plan" Noah tells him, Before he could do something stupid, she pushes him a little so the bullet doesn't hit its target.
"I WAS ABOUT TO HIT HI-" the bullet was calculated to reach it and home in, "Noahhh!!!!" Dene gritted his teeth.

"I'm going to assume you're joking about both things you just said to me, How am I going to buy you time when I myself am charging something up, huh Brainiac?"
The puppets snaps her fingers before it alongside the aerial fleet slowly dissipate. "Very well, I suppose Thrones are still experimental and not an official one..."

"Right, I gotcha... just for future reference, you can keep it brief with me. Kinda hard to follow all your metaphors and filler. No offense. I can tell you like talking like that after last time.."
“The RR are useless, Palaria isn't. We might stand a chance against Deathwing if we catch it before he recovers.” Belle recaps, hand to her head. “Or not. At least I'm sure that whatever Palaria does works and we're good for third wheels. That's good enough for me. Whatever kills that thing for good is.”

“The RR are useless, Palaria isn't. We might stand a chance against Deathwing if we catch it before he recovers.” Belle recaps, hand to her head. “Or not. At least I'm sure that whatever Palaria does works and we're good for third wheels. That's good enough for me. Whatever kills that thing for good does.”
"I didn't mean you had to repeat your last point, I got it. Just for future reference, we're not strangers anymore. And I'm not your boss, you can talk to me like we know each other. I know I'm kinda dumb sometimes, but I'm not an idiot... Sorry if I'm being a bit bitchy, I'm not in the best mindset right now." Sofia's hands were starting to become warm with heat as she pressurized the oil further and further.
The puppets snaps her fingers before it alongside the aerial fleet slowly dissipate. "Very well, I suppose Thrones are still experimental and not an official one..."
"Yeah yeah, whatever. You'd get better support from the others down there right now. Trust me."

"I'm sorry Dene, I just thought that if you shot you were going to bring that thing back and honestly we need more than just a couple of shots to make it fall." She say to him, sorry to interrupt but fail

"I'm sorry Dene, I just thought that if you shot you were going to bring that thing back and honestly we need more than just a couple of shots to make it fall." She say to him, sorry to interrupt but fail
"I just shot the thing because- eurghhh! Nevermind!" Dene punched himself again, "Arghhh!!!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. You'd get better support from the others down there right now. Trust me."
"Efrain told me to fetch you here not babysit you or them..." the Sofia puppet joked.

"I just shot the thing because- eurghhh! Nevermind!" Dene punched himself again, "Arghhh!!!"
Noah looked at Dene and tried to calm him down.

"Don't worry My Flowerman, why first let's see what that guy Lewis wants, apparently the old man sent him for us, so we can think about how to kill Waterboarders better?" She tried to cheer him up.

"I didn't mean you had to repeat your last point, I got it. Just for future reference, we're not strangers anymore. And I'm not your boss, you can talk to me like we know each other. I know I'm kinda dumb sometimes, but I'm not an idiot... Sorry if I'm being a bit bitchy, I'm not in the best mindset right now." Sofia's hands were starting to become warm with heat as she pressurized the oil further and further.

“You aren't. I don't talk to people often. And when I do, it is research or business. But nevermind me, what are you up to? Is this a part of the plan that you were hinting at before?”

Noah looked at Dene and tried to calm him down.

"Don't worry My Flowerman, why first let's see what that guy Lewis wants, apparently the old man sent him for us, so we can think about how to kill Waterboarders better?" She tried to cheer him up.
"..." Dene breathed in and out, "I mean, if the dude's cooking up something, then he may find the bullet I shot helpful..." he then looks at Noah and said, "Hey, mind flying me and the kid next to that floating chick (Belle)? I got somethin' to tell her."

"..." Dene breathed in and out, "I mean, if the dude's cooking up something, then he may find the bullet I shot helpful..." he then looks at Noah and said, "Hey, mind flying me and the kid next to that floating chick (Belle)? I got somethin' to tell her."
"Sure..." Noah said, hoping that Dene would try something to lift her up and fly, since for her to fly naturally she need to change part of her body, which would currently be something counterproductive for obvious reasons.

“You aren't. I don't talk to people often. And when I do, it is research or business. But nevermind me, what are you up to? Is this a part of the plan that you were hinting at before?”
"That's right. I'm hoping once I've compressed this enough, you'll be able to do to it what you did with Noah's attack earlier. Then when that thing shows up again, we'll direct it straight at its weak-point. I think with my attack charged up enough, amplified by your power, and Caleb amplifying both of our powers, we can cause major damage. Enough for the others to be able to combat it anyway." Her palms are beginning to emanate heat, steam slowly steeping from out of her skin
"T-Tsss.. getting a bit tough to do so though.." She grits her teeth, trying to maintain a straight face despite her hands starting to burn up.
"Efrain told me to fetch you here not babysit you or them..." the Sofia puppet joked.
"I-Ironic considering how much you're asking for help, eh? Go away so I can focus.."

"That's right. I'm hoping once I've compressed this enough, you'll be able to do to it what you did with Noah's attack earlier. Then when that thing shows up again, we'll direct it straight at its weak-point. I think with my attack charged up enough, amplified by your power, and Caleb amplifying both of our powers, we can cause major damage. Enough for the others to be able to combat it anyway." Her palms are beginning to emanate heat, steam slowly steeping from out of her skin
"T-Tsss.. getting a bit tough to do so though.." She grits her teeth, trying to maintain a straight face despite her hands starting to burn up.
“You broke rule number 1 of fiction. Never explain the plan.” once an almost gleeful chuckle and another sting of her headache are had, she revisits the thought. “But actually thank you for explaining. The RR were always using that rule. And we see now how swimmingly it went for 'em. We can talk about it some more on our way to that lizard....But speaking of the RR, aren't you worried? Go back in time a few minutes and I was with them, you know.”

"Sure..." Noah said, hoping that Dene would try something to lift her up and fly, since for her to fly naturally she need to change part of her body, which would currently be something counterproductive for obvious reasons.
"Can't get you up." Palaria said,, following what Noah said for her health

“You broke rule number 1 of fiction. Never explain the plan.” once an almost gleeful chuckle and another sting of her headache are had, she revisits the thought. “But actually thank you for explaining. The RR were always using that rule. And we see now how swimmingly it went for 'em. We can talk about it some more on our way to that lizard....But speaking of the RR, aren't you worried? Go back in time a few minutes and I was with them, you know.”
"Heh..." She smiled, not so much because of the joke, but from Belle opening up enough to have a laugh
"Worried? Maybe a little, but I never let that hinder me in the past. Even if you are still working with them after this, the fact that they want our help to destroy this thing still remains. I'm more worried about getting even more burned if anything... Speaking of which." Her hand is starting to slowly glow yellow with radiating heat. Fumes of burning flesh began emanating from her palms, escaping the tight grasp she has on the oil

"Heh..." She smiled, not so much because of the joke, but from Belle opening up enough to have a laugh
"Worried? Maybe a little, but I never let that hinder me in the past. Even if you are still working with them after this, the fact that they want our help to destroy this thing still remains. I'm more worried about getting even more burned if anything... Speaking of which." Her hand is starting to slowly glow yellow with radiating heat. Fumes of burning flesh began emanating from her palms, escaping the tight grasp she has on the oil
“Easy. At this rate you'll burst into flames, starting from the clothes.” at Belle's command, the air currents are redirected and focus on Sofia. To disperse the heat, same way she had done against Deathwing, now with inch-perfect precision. “I don't think there's much of them left to work with. Shame.” and by that, Belle meant the research material that was lost with those vehicles. “But it's no big deal. Nothing with them that I can't find in better quality somewhere else.”
"Well, it is a collaborative effort..." the puppet shrugged, and ignored the 'go away' part, simply camouflaging to the background subtlely.
“And with most of them reduced to dead meat (good riddance) devoid of resources, any need to keep up the ruse is as good as gone.”

“Easy. At this rate you'll burst into flames, starting from the clothes.” at Belle's command, the air currents are redirected and focus on Sofia. To disperse the heat, same way she had done against Deathwing, now with inch-perfect precision. “I don't think there's much of them left to work with. Shame.” and by that, Belle meant the research material that was lost with those vehicles. “But it's no big deal. Nothing with them that I can't find in better quality somewhere else.”
"Yeah, wouldn't want you to see me like that yet. Heheheheh..." They chuckle, but keep their attention towards their hands which are beginning to shake
"Hey Sofia, and huh, what was your name Scientist? I refuse to call you Scientist Who" Noah, who was with the other two(Dene and Palaria) at a distance, tried to get their attention, almost shouting at them.
"You don't need to shout, we can all hear each other through our link with Caleb... what do you need?"

Back