• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Lewis gave a look at the dragon as he slowly floats up with his couch. There was many things he could take into account when fighting a high-level Waterboarder like this, but said tactics he had against him would be best if there weren't as many people on the way.

"So just magma and invulnerability..." he thought, "Sixth would do the work, but the conditions aren't met yet..."

Tilting his head, he'd create more puppets to surround the not-so-cold-but-basically-a-volcano esque of an area. These puppets held something different than the last one, either from a test or a way to measure the dragon's power— it was toxins.

Poison-like gas spread around the area, though catered not to injure any humans, only focused on the dragon. Weakening or inflict continuous damage would do enough, more than enough for a set up eve.ln

Palaria would see someone running towards her, "Where the f**k did my Gameboy go!?" he yelled at angrily, approaching the girl as he saw the golden disc, "That dragon must've been the one the floating chick told, damnit..."
Deathwing had no air pockets to his 'flesh' across his entire body, and the toxins were blasted sway by each flap of his mighty flaming wings, it seemed unstoppable

Palaria was too focused to notice the man, too focused on her aim, her goal to save these people, innocent or not!

Sofia, after familiarizing themselves with what was going on, likewise followed golden disc. It was one of the few things she actually recognized. She tried her best to keep herself hidden from view. Her weakest match-up is against people of the fire-element. Even if she was a core power-house of the group, she wasn't going to accomplish much if her main weapon would just be burned up.

Deathwing had no air pockets to his 'flesh' across his entire body, and the toxins were blasted sway by each flap of his mighty flaming wings, it seemed unstoppable.
"Heh, having fun now?" taunted a Lewis floating atop, leaving his teammates as he met the dragon face-to-face.
Palaria was too focused to notice the man, too focused on her aim, her goal to save these people, innocent or not!
"Hey, you're that uhh Palaria kid, huh?" Dene asked,
Sofia, after familiarizing themselves with what was going on, likewise followed golden disc. It was one of the few things she actually recognized. She tried her best to keep herself hidden from view. Her weakest match-up is against people of the fire-element. Even if she was a core power-house of the group, she wasn't going to accomplish much if her main weapon would just be burned up.
"And so are you!" Yelled the boy, materializing a gun with floral patterns and aiming it at the dragon. "Don't think your stuff would work on that DnD boss!"

Noah approached where the others were, behind palaria, her golden eyes were on Deathwing, this has been a torment for a week, if she gets out of here alive, she probably won't do a mission for a month.

Noah approached where the others were, behind palaria, her golden eyes were on Deathwing, this has been a torment for a week, if she gets out of here alive, she probably won't do a mission for a month.
"Noah." Dene looked at her, "Surprised to see you here!" he exclaimed, before making binoculars to look at the dragon.

"Whatever, but..." he pointed at Lewis floating atop, "Who the heck is that guy?"
"Eh?" She placed her palm just above her brows. Serving as a visor to block out the glaring sun, heat, and flames.
"Being honest with ya, I've got no clue. I'm thinking he might be on our side though. Stupid hat he's got there though." Leave it to Sofia to be petty in the most dire of times.

"Eh?" She placed her palm just above her brows. Serving as a visor to block out the glaring sun, heat, and flames.
"Being honest with ya, I've got no clue. I'm thinking he might be on our side though. Stupid hat he's got there though." Leave it to Sofia to be petty in the most dire of times.
"I've seen enough movie tropes to know that that guy over there has something cooking up, same with that scientist chick from earlier..."

"If you're judging him as a hippie, at least he isn't gay— unlike that guy— iykyk."
"It's boarderline idiotic that you'd think it's a good idea to tell me that of all people... We'll talk about that later. That said, hippie isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes what you need is someone a little crazy in the head in an apocalypse like this. Let's just hope he's not as useless as all the other crazy people I've encountered."

"Heh, having fun now?" taunted a Lewis floating atop, leaving his teammates as he met the dragon face-to-face.

"Hey, you're that uhh Palaria kid, huh?" Dene asked,

"And so are you!" Yelled the boy, materializing a gun with floral patterns and aiming it at the dragon. "Don't think your stuff would work on that DnD boss!"
Deathwing completely ignored the taunt, though he did catapult Lewis straight down with one quick movement of a claw with surprising speed, The Black Dragon was hell-bent on making sure his blow was as cruel as could be, even going out of his way to focus some of his power onto the vehicle Jack was trying to save, it seemed unstoppable...

Palaria was continuing to focus, and her teeth clenched in pain from overuse of her Contraband, she was almost to the minimum... almost...

The energy... did nothing as Deathwing excreted magma from his body, like an impossible barrier of heat and Fury, which Deathwing was getting Furious, magma erupted from all around, but more importantly, her was destroying the vans and vehicles... all of them, if he couldn't end Palaria here, he'd have to do it another time, but taking away the transportation? Yes, that was worth sticking into a fight on neutral ground.

Deathwing... laughed as he rose into the air with wings of fire and death and swept across every vehicle in sight, reducing them to unsalvageable Molten metal and glass, and cracking open the earth under them, nothing seemed to stop the... almost Invincible dragon.

Time seemed to slow for Palaria, she knew she couldn't end it with this opening, but it was more then enough to save everyone there, so her arms rose, one gripping the golden disk and the other gripping her wrist for stability and she began to charge, to anyone looking or paying attention, it was glowing and golden energy was swirling, it was like a weapon from God himself was made handheld for the express purpose of this very moment...
“So that didn't work either,” as expected. If it did, this war wouldn't have lasted long. How much more did she need to accumulate before it became too much for this enemy?
"Yeah, no ***** kidding. If I could get an open shot and miss pinkies help, I might be able to do something.."
Flying, Belle continues to float toward a higher level. Her head was starting to sting and she could feel her dominant hand twitch from stress and strain. “The longer I keep this up, the worse it'll get. In theory I could accumulate sufficient power.......but in practice my body would break before reaching that limit. I mustn't waste energy.”

Deathwing flew. And with a decisive command, the heavens also moved but to make the dragon stop.
Nothing genius or complex about this strategy, she had to admit.

“I can't stop Deathwing.” eyes are locked in the creature as Belle uses every other breath to keep it where it is. If paralysis is too much, she will slow it down. “But even this lizard isn't big enough that I can't make a test tube for it.”

Tremendous increase in power but the burden of forces she commanded also grew. Heart beating so fast, felt like it would burst in her chest. Her left grasped it. The dominant right had its open palm directed at Deathwing for focus. These were forces that she accumulated, released all at once. All counteracting the power behind his movement. To make it stop. From the moment she first set foot in the caravan and without letting any go to waste, like a perpetual motion machine, this was a bet.

A bet to be tested this very moment.

“I don't know what Palaria is trying to do, but this thing doesn't want to see it happen. And I'm sorry to break it to you.......But scientists always want to see what'll happen.”

Last edited:
Deathwing completely ignored the taunt, though he did catapult Lewis straight down with one quick movement of a claw with surprising speed, The Black Dragon was hell-bent on making sure his blow was as cruel as could be, even going out of his way to focus some of his power onto the vehicle Jack was trying to save, it seemed unstoppable...
Unfortunately, the Lewis he killed was just... a clone. A puppet, the one that fought him earlier...

“I don't know what Palaria is trying to do, but this thing doesn't want to see it happen. And I'm sorry to break it to you.......But scientists always want to see what'll happen.”
"Heh!" smirking like it was a go signal, there were several clanking atop Deathwing. On the far side of the dessert, walking and watching form harms away was the real body, seeing the entire thing go down like a theatrical play.

And with a flick of a finger, the set up followed by Belle was commencing...

Armies upon armies of puppets, all shaped into multiple weapons. Human guns, catapults, and even suicide puppets still carrying the visage of Ceallagh Yahui, dropped upon and barraged the dragon.

They were of low quality as opposed to the one back at his quarters, yes, though a whole lot of riffraff should do well.

Quantity over Quality...

"I hope you're ready to be the circuses' main attraction..."

The army commanded by the Right Hand Man now begins the fun show!

"I just want to go home and take a big bath, eat an elephant and sleep."
"Wow not even including m- WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!" he gasped looking at the chicken head (Lewis).

Palaria was continuing to focus, and her teeth clenched in pain from overuse of her Contraband, she was almost to the minimum... almost...
Seeing it damaged, Jack pressed on putting more effort to try absorb the heat

Unfortunately, the Lewis he killed was just... a clone. A puppet, the one that fought him earlier...

"Heh!" smirking like it was a go signal, there were several clanking atop Deathwing. On the far side of the dessert, walking and watching form harms away was the real body, seeing the entire thing go down like a theatrical play.

And with a flick of a finger, the set up followed by Belle was commencing...

Armies upon armies of puppets, all shaped into multiple weapons. Human guns, catapults, and even suicide puppets still carrying the visage of Ceallagh Yahui, dropped upon and barraged the dragon.

They were of low quality as opposed to the one back at his quarters, yes, though a whole lot of riffraff should do well.

Quantity over Quality...

"I hope you're ready to be the circuses' main attraction..."

The army commanded by the Right Hand Man now begins the fun show!

"Wow not even including m- WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!" he gasped looking at the chicken head (Lewis).
"Dene, Tell me I don't have a screw loose." She said surprised too

"It's fine, femboy. Just rizzing my girl... lol..."
"Riiight..." They just scratched their head awkwardly.

"Actually, it's good that you're here. How's your Contraband work again? It's supportive in nature, isn't it?"

"Uhuh. Those I shake the hands of are allied with me. They gain numerous benefits from it. You probably know about that bit already. After our training, I learned to increase the physicality of those allied with me, and weaken targets."

"Would it increase the power of Contraband output?" Sofia walked up to Caleb

"I'm... not entirely sure? I don't see why it wouldn't though.." Caleb looked up at Sofia with an inquisitive stare

"Shake my hand." She put her hand out

"I'm guessing you've got a plan." Caleb clutched her hand, shaking it once. The two now established a link.

"Right. I'm gonna stick my neck out for you guys. Hopefully it doesn't get me killed. Fingers crossed, right?"

"I know mine are." Caleb held out their fingers. They were indeed crossed. They smirked. "You didn't doubt me, did you?"

"Of course not. You're not like that. Do me a favor though, while I work my magic, you go shake hands with the rest of our group. Would be best if we could keep track of each other."

"Understood." Caleb nodded.

"If something bad does happen to me... you'd tell Viviaan I'm sorry for always stressing her out, right..?"

"Mmm. Of course. But quit doubting yourself, I don't like the look of it on you. I know this whole trip has been a shit-show, but you've managed to push through all of it with Viviaan's emotional support. It helps to have a partner there to back you up, but you've got enough strength to make up for the two of you!" Caleb gave Sofia a reassuring smile. "Go get 'em, girl."

"Heh... yeah... alright." Sofia's attention slowly shifted from Caleb to Belle. She stood quietly for a few seconds to collect her thoughts. She had regrettably grown a little attached to their little group. But she didn't want them to know she was doing this for them. Someone like her can't show even a moment of weakness... right? Using her tattoo, she propelled herself into the air in Belle's direction.

"I wish she didn't feel the need to try and bear everyone's burden. If she'd just open up..." Caleb sighs before turning around to face their currently incomplete group.
"Well, you heard what she said."

Last edited:
"Riiight..." They just scratched their head awkwardly.

"Actually, it's good that you're here. How's your Contraband work again? It's supportive in nature, isn't it?"

"Uhuh. Those I shake the hands of are allied with me. They gain numerous benefits from it. You probably know about that bit already. After our training, I learned to increase the physicality of those allied with me, and weaken targets."

"Would it increase the power of Contraband output?" Sofia walked up to Caleb

"I'm... not entirely sure? I don't see why it wouldn't though.." Caleb looked up at Sofia with an inquisitive stare

"Shake my hand." She put her hand out

"I'm guessing you've got a plan." Caleb clutched her hand, shaking it once. The two now established a link.

"Right. I'm gonna stick my neck out for you guys. Hopefully it doesn't get me killed. Fingers crossed, right?"

"I know mine are." Caleb held out their fingers. They were indeed crossed. They smirked. "You didn't doubt me, did you?"

"Of course not. You're not like that. Do me a favor though, while I work my magic, you go shake hands with the rest of our group. Would be best if we could keep track of each other."

"Understood." Caleb nodded.

"If something bad does happen to me... you'd tell Viviaan I'm sorry for always stressing her out, right..?"

"Mmm. Of course. But quit doubting yourself, I don't like the look of it on you. I know this whole trip has been a shit-show, but you've managed to push through all of it with Viviaan's emotional support. It helps to have a partner there to back you up, but you've got enough strength to make up for the two of you!" Caleb gave Sofia a reassuring smile. "Go get 'em, girl."

"Heh... yeah... alright." Sofia's attention slowly shifted from Caleb to Belle. She stood quietly for a few seconds to collect her thoughts. She had regrettably grown a little attached to their little group. But she didn't want them to know she was doing this for them. Someone like her can't show even a moment of weakness... right? Using her tattoo, she propelled herself into the air in Belle's direction.

"I wish she didn't feel the need to try and bear everyone's burden. If she'd just open up..." Caleb sighs before turning around to face their currently incomplete group.
"Well, you heard what she said."
"Caleb Mitchelle, correct?" a puppet from the aerial barrage manage to land and have the form of the chicken rooster head from earlier, the puppet would then take off his mask and reveal Ceallagh.

"Seems like you're allied with us, huh?" he crossed his arms, with Dene raising an eyebrow.

"And who... are you exactly, mister Hippie?" asks Dene with doubt.

Sighing, "Ceallagh Yahui, Efrain's Second In Command..." like this was the many'th time he had said it, "Sent by him to fetch Thrones, but I guess that comes after killing that dragon..."

"Bruh, never knew you'd be the Old Guy's 2nd dude! So that means you're like the third Strongest, yeah?" Dene was shocked to say the least, though had to keep his cool— especially with Noah around.

"I wouldn't call myself that..." Lewis shook his head, "Because I'm nowhere those two, not even close..."

Noah narrowed her eyes, honestly, knowing that Lewis was sent to look for our means that Efrian did care enough to look for them, that or Paige bothered him to go look for us.

"Well, Lewis, I hope we can finish this and return to Henosis, either way, this conversation is going on too long and we have a fight in front of us."

Noah narrowed her eyes, honestly, knowing that Lewis was sent to look for our means that Efrian did care enough to look for them, that or Paige bothered him to go look for us.

"Well, Lewis, I hope we can finish this and return to Henosis, either way, this conversation is going on too long and we have a fight in front of us."
"Well, I'll need your assistance, Thrones." he would say seriously.

"Roger that..." Dene smirked as he made giant guns and cannons from her person, each one controlled by a finger and all pointed at the one big nuisance that is the dragon.

“So that didn't work either,” as expected. If it did, this war wouldn't have lasted long. How much more did she need to accumulate before it became too much for this enemy?

Flying, Belle continues to float toward a higher level. Her head was starting to sting and she could feel her dominant hand twitch from stress and strain. “The longer I keep this up, the worse it'll get. In theory I could accumulate sufficient power.......but in practice my body would break before reaching that limit. I mustn't waste energy.”

Deathwing flew. And with a decisive command, the heavens also moved but to make the dragon stop.
Nothing genius or complex about this strategy, she had to admit.

“I can't stop Deathwing.” eyes are locked in the creature as Belle uses every other breath to keep it where it is. If paralysis is too much, she will slow it down. “But even this lizard isn't big enough that I can't make a test tube for it.”

Tremendous increase in power but the burden of forces she commanded also grew. Heart beating so fast, felt like it would burst in her chest. Her left grasped it. The dominant right had its open palm directed at Deathwing for focus. These were forces that she accumulated, released all at once. All counteracting the power behind his movement. To make it stop. From the moment she first set foot in the caravan and without letting any go to waste, like a perpetual motion machine, this was a bet.

A few seconds on her trip, she closes in on Belle. Keeping herself suspended in the air next to Belle, using her tattoo, which is stretched thinly beneath her feet.
"I get scientists willing to do just about anything to get results, but a face like that shouldn't be wasted here. I've got a plan, but it'll only work if you cooperate. You up for it?"
Sofia holds out her hand for Belle to grab.

"Both. One, to increase the power of the bombardment..." he said, pointing at the fleet still barraging the dragon as he spoke, "And two, to establish a line of unhindered communication..."
"All those little puppet things of yours? I might be able to do that but... Wouldn't the drawbacks it has on me be almost irreversible? That's a LOT of guys. But maybe... Hmm.." They put their hand up to their him in thought.
"Maybe not? They are all derived from your own contraband, right? So it'd just be me enhancing one person, with the benefit of enhancing their Contraband. With said contraband just so luckily having the ability to summon armies, who would inadvertently also benefit from the boost without inversely affecting me? Does that seem right?"

"All those little puppet things of yours? I might be able to do that but... Wouldn't the drawbacks it has on me be almost irreversible? That's a LOT of guys. But maybe... Hmm.." They put their hand up to their him in thought.
"Maybe not? They are all derived from your own contraband, right? So it'd just be me enhancing one person, with the benefit of enhancing their Contraband. With said contraband just so luckily having the ability to summon armies, who would inadvertently also benefit from the boost without inversely affecting me? Does that seem right?"
"I mean..." the puppet slowly shifts to match Caleb's face and body, "These puppets are just an extension of me, so using your Contraband will affect the real body and even my powers as a byproduct..." even down to the voice. "Thus, it'd be only one person you'd use it on."

"I mean..." the puppet slowly shifts to match Caleb's face and body, "These puppets are just an extension of me, so using your Contraband will affect the real body and even my powers as a byproduct..." even down to the voice. "Thus, it'd be only one person you'd use it on."
"Huh, I see..." Caleb investigativelynpoked and prodded their duplicate.
"Best looking puppet I've seen in my life..." Caleb jokingly mumbled to themselves
"Alright, I'll take your word for it. Not sure how much it'll help, but you wouldn't be a high-up exec if you didn't know what you were doing, right?"

"Huh, I see..." Caleb investigativelynpoked and prodded their duplicate.
"Best looking puppet I've seen in my life..." Caleb jokingly mumbled to themselves
The duplicate would mimic Caleb's actions, clearly not used manually by Ceallagh.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it. Not sure how much it'll help, but you wouldn't be a high-up exec if you didn't know what you were doing, right?"
"Yes." said the puppet in their voice, nodding.

The duplicate would mimic Caleb's actions, clearly not used manually by Ceallagh.

"Yes." said the puppet in their voice, nodding.
"Alright then." Caleb gestured for Ceallugh to turn around
"The condition for the ability to work is a slap across the rear." They grinned. Even during a time like this they could find the time to humor themselves.

Back