• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Noah gave a frustrated sigh and she slapped her face with her hands.

She forgot that most people had not seen something like this because humanity has been on the brink of extinction for years.

so she guessed that this girl was not even more than 20 years old

"...Just leave me alone"

Noah gave a frustrated sigh and she slapped her face with her hands.

She forgot that most people had not seen something like this because humanity has been on the brink of extinction for years.

so she guessed that this girl was not even more than 20 years old

"...Just leave me alone"
"...I wish I go in there..." Palaria said with a sigh, shaking her head

Noah laughed, clearly not believing.

“Oh if I stepped out of this cell you would no longer be in this world, that's for sure, the last time I let my guard a little down a Waterboarder almost killed me by split me in two, that wasn't even 3 days ago“
“Remind me to go over ‘why everything that you just said is wrong’ when we have the time for it.“ what sort of Contraband did the woman behind the walls have to show such confidence when trapped like a bird in a cage? Maybe a bluff. “Your boyfriend let us know that you carried his weight on occasion. He seemed bothered by it and now I'm even more curious. Why are you trapped in this cage like that waterboarder well-wisher?“

“Remind me to go over ‘why everything that you just said is wrong’ when we have the time for it.“ what sort of Contraband did the woman behind the walls have to show such confidence when trapped like a bird in a cage? Maybe a bluff. “Your boyfriend let us know that you carried his weight on occasion. He seemed bothered by it and now I'm even more curious. Why are you trapped in this cage like that waterboarder well-wisher?“
"They don't know what I am" She thought "Whoever is the boss, assignment sent some rookies to do this job, that means-" she thought as the primal malice began to creep into her mind, a plan began to be created

"I don't know, i want to be outside before get sick" she said

"They don't know what I am" She thought "Whoever is the boss, assignment sent some rookies to do this job, that means-" she thought as the primal malice began to creep into her mind, a plan began to be created

"...outside happen in 30 minutes(or whatever time it is) more..." Palaria murmured genuinely

“You have no idea whatsoever?“ Belladonna taps a temple, impatient again. In this woman's position, she'd do the same. What bothers her is that she could have all of these answers the moment a foot was set in this camp if those two heaps of trash that she had for a leadership weren't being so cryptic. Maybe Ceallagh slipped up somewhere and they were now on to her plans. That would explain a lot if true. But Belle had no means of knowing. Unlike Voyant, she can't read minds. “Think harder. I can't help but notice that you had no reaction to show when compared to a waterboarder well-wisher.“

"i have a bad feeling now" jackie thought

"What? I don't understand what you mean, I didn't react because I'm a little confused about what you mean by a 'waterboarder well-wisher', god, people are too vague with their words sometimes" Noah say

"i have a bad feeling now" jackie thought

"What? I don't understand what you mean, I didn't react because I'm a little confused about what you mean by a 'waterboarder well-wisher', god, people are too vague with their words sometimes" Noah say
“Rumors circulate in the air. You may not know who I am...but I know what you are.“ Belladonna says with the calm airs of an interrogator. “Being the lead researcher has its advantages, and it would be best for both of us if you stopped trying to fool me. It's not working. Rather than coming up with a reason, you avoided giving me any from the start. Yet, your silence isn't complete. What your behavior hints at is that you expect something out of this conversation and that something is important enough that you'd keep talking. Even when doing so meant taking a risk: The risk of handing me the truth on a silver platter.“
"...Now being Suspicious." Palaria responded
“See? Even our honest-to-goodness doctor sees through you by now.“

“Rumors circulate in the air. You may not know who I am...but I know what you are.“ Belladonna says with the calm airs of an interrogator. “Being the lead researcher has its advantages, and it would be best for both of us if you stopped trying to fool me. It's not working. Rather than coming up with a reason, you avoided giving me any from the start. Yet, your silence isn't complete. What your behavior hints at is that you expect something out of this conversation, that something is important enough that you'd keep talking. Even when doing so meant taking a risk.“

“See? Even our honest-to-goodness doctor sees through you by now.“
"I no "doctor"." Palaria said, not knowing what that was but knowing she wasn't it

Noah sighed as she leaned back on the ground.

"You are one of the most talkative people I've ever met, and I've met a lot of people" she said

''But what do they want from me? because these questions only seem to be a hello with several extra steps"

Noah sighed as she leaned back on the ground.

"You are one of the most talkative people I've ever met, and I've met a lot of people" she said

''But what do they want from me? because these questions only seem to be a hello with several extra steps"
“You seem to be under the impression that I'm not using Kyouka Suigetsu fishing for information, so I'll make this clear. If it were any more plain to see that you are just as connected to Waterboarders as the man outside is, your cell would be beige.“

“You seem to be under the impression that I'm not using Kyouka Suigetsu fishing for information, so I'll make this clear. If it were any more plain to see that you are just as connected to Waterboarders as the man outside is, your cell would be beige.“
"You mean the guy being stalked by a Waterboarder? If so, I'll be honest, the poor guy met a Waterboarder who tortured him for years creating a whole colony of sightbreakers, they just see him as a toy, their favourite, imagine seeing how your own daughter was the same monster that created a false reality for you by making you pass for all those years thought that the people from the outside were the bad monsters, imagine knowing how many he killed by mistake thinking they were monsters, the man tried to kill us and nearly do to all of us, we are not with that Waterboarder, it had us against a sword and the wall, literally, I'll just tell you something, if you can tell to that Waterboarders that it can go to hell, we not have the control, it only live for feel from the humanity's agony and fear, all Waterboarders do that, after all Monster are monster otherwise they would be not name as Monster"

"You mean the guy being stalked by a Waterboarder? If so, I'll be honest, the poor guy met a Waterboarder who tortured him for years creating a whole colony of sightbreakers, they just see him as a toy, their favourite, imagine seeing how your own daughter was the same monster that created a false reality for you by making you pass for all those years thought that the people from the outside were the bad monsters, imagine knowing how many he killed by mistake thinking they were monsters, the man tried to kill us and nearly do to all of us, we are not with that Waterboarder, it had us against a sword and the wall, literally, I'll just tell you something, if you can tell to that Waterboarders that it can go to hell, we not have the control, it only live for feel from the humanity's agony and fear, all Waterboarders do that, after all Monster are monster otherwise they would be not name as Monster"
A whole colony would explain why she got so many readings via Insight. The possibility was there, but it was so horrifying that Belle would rather avoid thinking about it. “You wouldn't be making bedtime stories out of this one.“ she tries not to bat an eye, but her brain continues to process all the info fed to it. Using it to shed light on the other parts of this puzzle. Not just Noah. “It's no wonder that Voyant took those measures. I attacked something that was locked away for good reason.“ a reason on the level of not one, but a whole colony of Sightbreakers. Reflecting on everything...Belle stood up. For once, a solitary cold sweat running down her cheek. “Palaria. Jackie. We're leaving. The Dragon could be here any minute now.“

Last edited:
A whole colony would explain why she got so many readings via Insight. The possibility was there, but it was so horrifying that Belle would rather avoid thinking about it. “You wouldn't be making bedtime stories out of this one.“ she tries not to bat an eye, but her brain continues to process all the info fed to it. Using it to shed light on the other parts of this puzzle. Not just Noah. “It's no wonder that Voyant took those measures. I attacked something that was locked away for good reason.“ a reason on the level of not one, but a whole colony of Sightbreakers. Reflecting on everything...Belle stood up. For once, a solitary cold sweat running down her cheek. “Palaria. Jackie. We're leaving. The Dragon could be here any minute now.“
"...OK." Palaria murmured

The leader looked at the clock, finding it dangerously close to the hour Voyant had warned him about. Turning to Lewis, he apologized and stood up from his seat.

"You will be moved over to the second warriors' cabin. Simply use the radio if you need to request anything else. Void, move the crew over" the leader explained and with a flash of darkness, Lewis found himself inside another of the trucks, warriors pouring back in in a slightly messy manner. Everyone not a prisoner or guard within the prison were quickly teleported away, either to the new gangsters' truck or to the research place. Meanwhile the prisoners outside are quickly teleported back into their cells.

With a few quick minutes, the gangsters are now back in action and the quietness is quickly subdued by the loud sound of engines. Once the fire in the barrel outside is extinguished, they quickly moved out, and back to their usual journey to avoid their mortal enemy

The leader looked at the clock, finding it dangerously close to the hour Voyant had warned him about. Turning to Lewis, he apologized and stood up from his seat.

"You will be moved over to the second warriors' cabin. Simply use the radio if you need to request anything else. Void, move the crew over" the leader explained and with a flash of darkness, Lewis found himself inside another of the trucks, warriors pouring back in in a slightly messy manner. Everyone not a prisoner or guard within the prison were quickly teleported away, either to the new gangsters' truck or to the research place. Meanwhile the prisoners outside are quickly teleported back into their cells.

With a few quick minutes, the gangsters are now back in action and the quietness is quickly subdued by the loud sound of engines. Once the fire in the barrel outside is extinguished, they quickly moved out, and back to their usual journey to avoid their mortal enemy
Lewis merely shrugged in response, observing the gang as they leave, analyzing their powers as well while he's at it.

Soon, he made himself comfortable in his seat and merely waited for a chance to talk to the Thrones later on.

/\ Probability of Success | 52%

"Well, you sure have a weird group of people, Belladonna...", he thought.

Belladonna drops to her chair and grabs a mug the moment she's out of sight.
“<sigh> I have no mouth (drink) and I must scream (get wasted).“

"Well, it looks like we're already at the finish line, huh Palaria?" He said with a smile to the girl, maybe it could be the day that they get rid of Deathwing forever
"We not. I say that much." Palaria said grimly keeping her head down, this would be the first time her and Deathwing would actually meet since she was brought in months ago by the Roadrunners, and she was not very happy about that, but that wasn't something anybody knew

"We not. I say that much." Palaria said grimly keeping her head down, this would be the first time her and Deathwing would actually meet since she was brought in months ago by the Roadrunners, and she was not very happy about that, but that wasn't something anybody knew
"Relax, I'm sure the boss has a plan "

As she did, a smoke poured into the place she was in, footsteps following suit as a man stepped through.

"Didn't notice you come back. Good to meet you, Bella" George greeted
Belladonna looks at this visitor's overall direction, over the shoulder (literal sense) if necessary. She's in a truck's interior turned makeshift lab. Glassware, tubes, boiling fluids of dubious provenience. Things that aid with the measuring of quantities. The classics, though not all neatly organized. “There was a door.“ a few seconds of staring in place elapse. She blinks. “Right...moving vehicles. Well, it's good to see that you're also still alive.“

Last edited:
Belladonna looks at this visitor's overall direction, over the shoulder (literal sense) if necessary. She's in a truck's interior turned makeshift lab. Glassware, tubes, boiling fluids of dubious provenience. Things that aid with the measuring of quantities. The classics, though not all neatly organized. “There was a door.“ a few seconds of staring in place elapse. She blinks. “Right...moving vehicles. Well, it's good to see that you're also still alive.“
"We've been getting a lot of new people, huh? Though, I didn't expect you to catch one of them" George asked

"We've been getting a lot of new people, huh? Though, I didn't expect you to catch one of them" George asked
How ironic it is that the one person she didn't see had paid the most attention to her arrival. “That one's a rare find. The dragon wasn't taking us as seriously as he could, but standing against Deathwing on one's own under any circumstances warrants praise.“ though there, she had been hiding her talons. “And you're right. I was getting tired of finding people just so they'd die the next day. But my expectations for this set of survivors are acceptable.“

“That one's a rare find. The dragon wasn't taking us as seriously as he could, but standing against Deathwing on one's own under any circumstances warrants praise.“ though there, she had been hiding her talons. “And you're right. I was getting tired of finding people just so they'd die the next day. But my expectations for this set of survivors are acceptable.“
"I'm glad you think so. But that does beg the question, how were you able to take down someone capable of taking on the dragon?" George asked.

"I'm glad you think so. But that does beg the question, how were you able to take down someone capable of taking on the dragon?" George asked.
“Simple, I didn't. It was out of his own volition that he came along. What about you, George? Is good business right now so hard to find that you'd try another shot at that thing?“

“Simple, I didn't. It was out of his own volition that he came along. What about you, George? Is good business right now so hard to find that you'd try another shot at that thing?“
"No, not this time..." George replied, looking out at nowhere particular before turning his attention back at Bella.

"Also, I overheard that they've decided on your punishment. Someone might pick you up any time now"

"No, not this time..." George replied, looking out at nowhere particular before turning his attention back at Bella.

"Also, I overheard that they've decided on your punishment. Someone might pick you up any time now"
“Already? I thought they would put it on hold until a later time. A time with no dragons hot in pursuit.“ less reaction than one might expect to the news, her real thoughts secret. “Do you know what they have in mind, or do I look forward to another birthday surprise?“

(Bump)

Noah need to check something before starting her escape and rescue plan.

She concentrated while take a deep breath and tracked the contrabands of all those present, counting all, although she did not know how they works, it still would give her an idea of how many users there are.

“Already? I thought they would put it on hold until a later time. A time with no dragons hot in pursuit.“ less reaction than one might expect to the news, her real thoughts secret. “Do you know what they have in mind, or do I look forward to another birthday surprise?“
"I just heard it while passing by some guards. I think they were bringing a boombox of some sort" George explained.
She concentrated while take a deep breath and tracked the contrabands of all those present, counting all, although she did not know how they works, it still would give her an idea of how many users there are.
There were around 30 to 40 of them around, most in the trucks with a very few of them being in the cars that surrounded them

Noah smiled, she thought that by going to the right and then under each of the vehicles, she could sabotage the brakes or the fuel, that way she wouldn't have to worry, now she just have to cross the walls of her cell without anyone notice, so she started thinking of a way that is not the one of make a massive hole in the vehicle's walls

Lewis, out of just pure boredom, dozed off as he slumped on the truck. There wasn't anything to be considered a real threat, not aside from the Dragon which could get a little difficult- more so if Thrones were involved. However, he isn't much to care about as opposed to the other Strongest People around, knowing they would survive and will survive, given they had training from Soma himself.

"I just heard it while passing by some guards. I think they were bringing a boombox of some sort" George explained.
Belle's lips separate as if to speak but no words come out. Instead, her eyes do the opposite and close.

Her mind drifted, away and to days past. Traversing white “seas“ unlike those known before, of water of snow of ash...and she, a singularity point in the ivory canvas. Solitary at the center when seen from above the surface. Endlessly stretching, a dead desert. Yes...that colorless white swallowed all other colors in the world that she once knew. And that's why she closes her eyes. To escape this white. To “see“, Black.

“Being given the runaround when asking a question makes anyone sick after a while. This group's obsession made all of them become nothing but an echo of the Dragon's actions. It pursues us like animals for slaughter, we pursue others like lambs to feed the pyre in turn. Tell me, George. How much do you like business with the RR?“

Last edited:
Back