• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

“The Sightbreaker that was impersonating the voice of a child, yes.“ she nods, not allowing curiosity about the latter half of his sentence to get the better of her. “Your answer?“
"Barely know her, just met only for two days: The first being the time she nearly killed my girl..." he replied nonchalantly.

"Barely know her, just met only for two days: The first being the time she nearly killed my girl..." he replied nonchalantly.
“Well, if you're telling the truth that's one of my theories out of the window. If. But I don't have any reason to believe that you care about that thing outside any more than your friends did.“
"That prove my theory that this Waterboarder had them in one torture game" Jackie tells Bella.
“Don't be too fast in your conclusions, that doesn't explain why the Waterboarder is with them now. If it were just some torture game, that mad dog would have already found another toy to play with.“ repeatedly tapping a temple as she thinks, her attention turns again to Dene. “Why is that creature tagging along with you?“

“Well, if you're telling the truth that's one of my theories out of the window. If. But I don't have any reason to believe that you care about that thing outside any more than your friends did.“

“Don't be too fast in your conclusions, that doesn't explain why the Waterboarder is with them now. If it were just some torture game, that mad dog would have already found another toy to play with.“ repeatedly tapping a temple as she thinks, her attention turns again to Dene. “Why is that creature tagging along with you?“
(Dont say it Reaper...)

"Sightbreaker no try kill you?" Palaria asked Dene

(Dont say it Reaper...)

"Sightbreaker no try kill you?" Palaria asked Dene
"Dunno, don't care..." he shrugged. "As long as they ain't hurtin' my girl and my team, we good..."
“Well, if you're telling the truth that's one of my theories out of the window. If. But I don't have any reason to believe that you care about that thing outside any more than your friends did."
"Say what you want, but I'm honest, for real, dawg..."

"To be honest, I still have a bad feeling about this sightbreaker, after all, they need to eat, although I have never seen one eating a breakfast, considering that they are the reason why humanity is almost extinct it is clear that it is what they eat" Jackie say to Belladonna

"we need a plan to take down all these Waterboarder in case they get out of hand"

Last edited:
"Dunno, don't care..." he shrugged. "As long as they ain't hurtin' my girl and my team, we good..."

"Say what you want, but I'm honest, for real, dawg..."
“Do you know what I think? That you're half honest...but I also think that you are hiding something. Because I don't believe that you and your group are all imbeciles. It would take a handful of those to agree with that thing tagging along without knowing why it is. Put your cards on the table.“

“Do you know what I think? That you're half honest...but I also think that you are hiding something. Because I don't believe that you and your group are all imbeciles. It would take a handful of those to agree with that thing tagging along without knowing why it is. Put your cards on the table.“
"I mean, the other more intelligent people on my team got into some kind of deal. Didn't really paid attention to it. So... You can ask the others about it, I'm all out of brain juice..." he replied.

"I mean, the other more intelligent people on my team got into some kind of deal. Didn't really paid attention to it. So... You can ask the others about it, I'm all out of brain juice..." he replied.
“A...deal? You would have me believe that there's no other variable at work here. Only the Waterboarder's will? Then...tell me. When you first met this Sightbreaker. Under what circumstances was it? Was that man a part of the deal that you have just mentioned? Was he always with you, or...“

“A...deal? You would have me believe that there's no other variable at work here. Only the Waterboarder's will? Then...tell me. When you first met this Sightbreaker. Under what circumstances was it? Was that man a part of the deal that you have just mentioned? Was he always with you, or...“
"Nahh, that man was a part of the 'lil girl. And when we first met 'em, we got packed up, run 'em hands but we got our asses handed like a free delivery..." he replied.

"Nahh, that man was a part of the 'lil girl. And when we first met 'em, we got packed up, run 'em hands but we got our asses handed like a free delivery..." he replied.
()

"Well, let's go find that Noah, maybe she'll enlighten us better, At worst, we'll have to find a way to prepare to fight multiple Waterboarders if they try to do anything when Deathwing is here." Jackie said

The focus of Belladonna's eyes shifts somewhere, to someone. It lasts for the fraction of a second, only perceptible if a person already expected it.
“<To Jackie.> Choice in words notwithstanding, he's been helping. His testimony adds up with the state they were found in and what I've witnessed outside. Also,“ thinks about Palaria. Doesn't mention it. “<To Dene.> Never you mind. Here's your final question. You don't seem to be lying about your lack of personal connection to the prisoner outside. One of your allies didn't react when he was in great distress. Any idea why you and your girlfriend are each in a cell as though you do, then?“

"Never you mind. Here's your final question. You don't seem to be lying about your lack of personal connection to the prisoner outside. One of your allies didn't react when he was in great distress. Any idea why you and your girlfriend are each in a cell as though you do, then?“
"I don't know... We got attacked, tried to fight back, and here we are..." he replied.

"I don't know... We got attacked, tried to fight back, and here we are..." he replied.
“Among your allies, there was one whose attitude stood out. A loose cannon, insubordination her middle name. After we conversed, something almost happened to this outsider to your group and she did not lift a finger. Way she sees it, people who sympathize with Waterboarders deserve no quarter. I'm sure you can see the pattern that I am drawing here. Someone who fought back and has no intention to obey is allowed outside. You have done nothing but cooperate with me since this conversation began...and yet here you are. You aren't also sympathizers of that thing outside...are you?“

"To be honest, the boss put all of us rookies in a cell, I guess the guards don't care because both were unconscious and they'll leave both of them lying there"
Belladonna opens her mouth wide. She looks to a side and there are I don't know, two or three guards keeping watch. “We can test that theory. Hey! You over there! On guard duty. Did you just leave these people here? Or are these leader's orders?“

Last edited:
“Among your allies, there was one whose attitude stood out. A loose cannon, insubordination her middle name. After we conversed, something almost happened to this outsider to your group and she did not lift a finger. Way she sees it, people who sympathize with Waterboarders deserve no quarter. I'm sure you can see the pattern that I am drawing here. Someone who fought back and has no intention to obey is allowed outside. You have done nothing but cooperate with me since this conversation began...and yet here you are. You aren't also sympathizers of that thing outside...are you?“
"Can't say much about it. I mean, them monsters are a hassle and I could go on a spree killin' a couple. But I ain't on a worldwide mission to take 'em out, not until they come into my turf." shrugged. "Oh, by the way, that's the short haired girl you were talking about, yeah? The Valentina girl..."

Last edited:
Belladonna opens her mouth wide. She looks to a side and there are I don't know, two or three guards keeping watch. “We can test that theory. Hey! You over there! On guard duty. Did you just leave these people here? Or are these leader's orders?“
"The one you're talking to had been unconscious during break time. He can leave if he wants to. The other one on the other hand, we're not allowed to release" the guard explained

"Can't say much about it. I mean, them monsters are a hassle and I could go on a spree killin' a couple. But I ain't on a worldwide mission to take 'em out, not until they come into my turf." shrugged. "Oh, by the way, that's the short haired girl you were talking about, yeah?"
“Rapunzel hair, actually. Even in a ponytail it was long enough to work as a whip secondary weapon if she really put her mind to it. Eyes filled with defiance, one of each color. Heterochromia.“
"The one you're talking to had been unconscious during break time. He can leave if he wants to. The other one on the other hand, we're not allowed to release" the guard explained
“So he wasn't lying. It's...only his girlfriend?“
Palaria got up and walked over to Bella "need cell open." She said bluntly
“Sorry Palaria, but you just heard the guard. We can't open that last cell. Leader's orders...but her boyfriend has answered all of my questions to the best of his ability.“ or at least enough to bring them all closer to the truth. “I will try and find a way to have her out of this cell and with the others, at least.“

"She get break out anyway." Palaria said, referring to Deathwing's attack

"Many others injured?" She asked Belle
“The ones here ought to be the ones in most need of assistance. His girlfriend...I'll go talk to her through the cell walls, and ascertain her current condition. Come.“
(I edited my post btw)
"Yeah, the Valentina girl...."
Belladonna might have mumbled something about lambs not having names here, but it would be ignorance to draw aggro in a defused situation, mere minutes away from Deathwing. She makes her way to right outside Noah's cell, reassuring Dene of something first. “You have kept your part of the deal: No further harm will reach your girlfriend if I can avoid it. I'll see to it that she is released if the possibility exists. That, I promise you.“

“The ones here ought to be the ones in most need of assistance. His girlfriend...I'll go talk to her through the cell walls, and ascertain her current condition. Come.“

Belladonna might have mumbled something about lambs not having names here, but it would be ignorance to draw aggro in a defused situation, mere minutes away from Deathwing. She makes her way to right outside Noah's cell, reassuring Dene of something first. “You have kept your part of the deal: No further harm will reach your girlfriend if I can avoid it. I'll see to it that she is released if the possibility exists. That, I promise you.“
Palaria nodded

"She be released when he comes... there be too much damage not to be." Palaria thought to herself

"Long ass dialogue, but... m'kay..." he gave her a thumbs up.

"Long ass dialogue, but... m'kay..." he gave her a thumbs up.
“<snicker> This isn't how I wanted to spend my Sunday, but not everyone can afford a lover during the end of the world, Romeo.“ with this sort of a wisecrack, sort of actual exchange, their ways part.
Jackie moved next to Bella, he had a bad feeling, seeing the guards
Here we are.“ she calls for Noah. “Greetings. Before I ask any of my own questions, I'll ask one for our doctor Palaria. How are you feeling?“

“<snicker> This isn't how I wanted to spend my Sunday, but not everyone can afford a lover during the end of the world, Romeo.“ with this sort of a wisecrack, sort of actual exchange, their ways part.

Here we are.“ she calls for Noah. “Greetings. Before I ask any of my own questions, I'll ask one for Palaria. How are you feeling?“
"...yes." Palaria said to Noah

Noah was on the darkest side of the cell, she heard everyone present, her hatred was palpable in the air, this week was possibly the worst of her life and all because of her own fault, these people had forced her friends as simple slaves, that added to her natural aggression that was in the physiology of all of her species made her have to concentrate all her strength not to jump and go through this prison in search of killing all humans.

Now to make matters worse she had to deal with a scientist and a Doctor, she had nothing against science as such but how they apply it to her species, although she tried to ignore the fact that her friends are using parts from the body of her own brothers and sisters that to a certain extent she can feel how they suffer and scream every time they use it, either they were created like this by humans to make psychological warfare or it is just an effect of her own mind in an attempt to show how terrible humans are, programmed into her Codex as well as certain instinctive functions.

A slight sound escaped from her mouth, almost a growl, her muscles tensed for a couple of seconds, she looked at the location where the present voices came from without blinking for a second, she was scanning her possibilities, maybe she had a chance to escape and rescue the others

"Go to hell, you" it seems that she was not happy, obviously she did not want to be the laboratory rat of two unknown scientists

"..." Palaria remained silent, she didn't know how Noah felt with Dene like that, she couldn't know, but she knew for a fact it absolutely could not be good.

"Well, she doesn't seem to enjoy her confinement" Jackie said, although he couldn't see her because of the cell, he subconsciously had his hand on his gun, it was as if his intuition was activated without telling him anything.

"Go to hell, you" it seems that she was not happy, obviously she did not want to be the laboratory rat of two unknown scientists
“If I say ‘we're already there’ it'll be so piegas.“ Belladonna mutters to the people on each side. “Having the energy to curse at us first thing is a good sign. I know what you're thinking. You're in a cell, I mentioned a doctor. ‘I'm waiting outside with syringes and a variety of pathogens that I want to play eeny, meeny, miny, mo with’, right? But Palaria is authentic and after a talk with your boyfriend, we're trying to have you out of this cell.“

“If I say ‘we're already there’ it'll be so piegas.“ Belladonna mutters to the people on each side. “Having the energy to curse at us first thing is a good sign. I know what you're thinking. You're in a cell, I mentioned a doctor. ‘I'm waiting outside with syringes and a variety of pathogens that I want to play eeny, meeny, miny, mo with’, right? But Palaria is authentic and after a talk with your boyfriend, we're trying to have you out of this cell.“
Noah laughed, clearly not believing.

“Oh if I stepped out of this cell you would no longer be in this world, that's for sure, the last time I let my guard a little down a Waterboarder almost killed me by split me in two, that wasn't even 3 days ago“

Noah laughed, clearly not believing.

“Oh if I stepped out of this cell you would no longer be in this world, that's for sure, the last time I let my guard a little down a Waterboarder almost killed me by split me in two, that wasn't even 3 days ago“
"If you nearly split in two how alive?" Palaria asked, her voice was genuine at least, but her voice darkened as she spoke out loud to Bella

"She be broke out when he come anyway. No see why she kept in there."

"Well I guess we should start with someone's help, you know who" Jackie murmured to Belladonna.
"If you nearly split in two how alive?" Palaria asked, her voice was genuine at least
"enough to punch you, I am not going to enter a laboratory or hospital or whatever it is that you have that fulfills that function" Noah say

Back