• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Don't you dare say that to me..." he replied, "You... you monsters.."
"Come on man I think we can fix this with a beer and a couple of treatments, I'm not a human-eating creature, or well I think so" Jackie said taking Dene in stride, it was a natural response in this situation that the kid will be very angry

"Don't you ******* touch me..!" he exclaimed, his voice trembling as he tries to get up, only for his body to reject him.
"Don't you dare say that to me..." he replied, "You... you monsters.."
"I dislike them almost much as you. I do this for survival." Palaria said, still tending to his wounds, and eventually starting on healing his limbs

"After Noah found and here." Palaria said, slowly working on Dene's arms
“Easy. At this rate your own weapon will kill you before we lift a finger. And we don't plan to.“ this wasn't work of the RR alone. This shed more light on the situation and how easily defeated they were. “Even without context of the comms, one look at you and I know that you have been snowballing the use of Contraband.“
"What's in it for you to be concerned, huh?" he asked. "Bet you're one of those jerks who beat us up..."
"Shut!" Palaria snapped instantly

"What she look like. Sound like?" Palaria gently asked Dene
"And why the hell would I answer you? Is it just because you're healing me? No way!"

"Ok." Palaria said, pulling her knees to her head, partly revealing just how distressingly skinny she was from her legs alone, and just watched him play
Dene already spedran his way to the elite four, beating them quite easily before resetting and speedrunning another game- Pokemon Green this time.

"Dragon? The hecK? Am I in some DnD crap?" he muttered.
"Yes, I think it was something that did not fit even among the rarities that are the Waterboarders"
Listening in on the conversation while making her way to Noah's cell, Belle laughed. “I think we'll sail a fine friendship.“
"What's in it for you to be concerned, huh?" he asked. "Bet you're one of those jerks who beat us up..."

"And why the hell would I answer you? Is it just because you're healing me? No way!"
“Was too busy avoiding a beating from the dragon to personally attend yours, actually. So this Noah is your girlfriend. Men who find things other than themselves to protect in this hellhole are always a good find.“ well aware that saying it in this situation made it seem like a threat. But in this case, it wasn't, “Me, I'm the lead researcher here. I'll ask you a few questions and tell you what. I've met your other friends. Outside, without exception...well, just one exception. And then, there's you and your girlfriend. My first question is. Can you explain to me why that is the case? If I like your answers, I can talk to the superiors. Get you and her out of here. Not a bad deal, right?“

Last edited:
Listening in on the conversation while making her way to Noah's cell, Belle laughed. “I think we'll sail a fine friendship.“

“Was too busy avoiding a beating from the dragon to personally attend yours, actually. So this Noah is your girlfriend. Men who find things other than themselves to protect in this hellhole are always a good find.“
"I don't really think it's something for me to show off. Can't even protect her and it ends up me being safeguarded instead..."
well aware that saying it in this situation made it seem like a threat. But in this case, it wasn't, “Me, I'm the lead researcher here. I'll ask you a few questions and if I like your answers, tell you what. I've met your other friends. Outside, without exception...well, just one exception. And then, there's you and your girlfriend. My first question is. Can you explain to me why that is the case? If I like your answers, I can talk to the superiors. Get you and her out of here. Not a bad deal, right?“
"Fine... I'll accept the deal..." he replied, pausing his game.

"I don't really think it's something for me to show off. Can't even protect her and it ends up me being safeguarded instead..."

"Fine... I'll accept the deal..." he replied, pausing his game.
Belladonna will pull a chair or otherwise the object closest to one before sitting down. If there's absolutely none available, she'll appear to “sit“ in the air, crossing her legs. “Good. I'll make it quick, because we're short on time and I want to help you as much as I want you to help me. Dragon, DnD, you get the basic idea. Right outside there's a man. Through him, there is a Waterboarder being kept at bay. How did your unit achieve that? I know that you are of Henosis. Have they developed a new sort of technology?“

Belladonna will pull a chair or otherwise the object closest to one before sitting down. If there's absolutely none available, she'll appear to “sit“ in the air, crossing her legs. “Good. I'll make it quick, because we're short on time and I want to help you as much as I want you to help me. Dragon, DnD, you get the basic idea. Right outside there's a man. Through him, there is a Waterboarder being kept at bay. How did your unit achieve that? I know that you are of Henosis. Have they developed a new sort of technology?“
"Oh, I'm afraid I can't answer that. Not answer in a sense that I don't wanna tell 'ya, but simply because... I don't know..." he shrugged as he gave his honest answer, placing the gaming gadget back in his pockets.

"You could argue all sorts of crap 'bout me lyin' and stuff. But all I know— and Imma be honest for real here— they just use a bunch of them 'Boarders, take a bit of their schmeat, put some stuff inside and wrap it up in a cold neat package..."

"Oh, I'm afraid I can't answer that. Not answer in a sense that I don't wanna tell 'ya, but simply because... I don't know..." he shrugged as he gave his honest answer, placing the gaming gadget back in his pockets.

"You could argue all sorts of crap 'bout me lyin' and stuff. But all I know— and Imma be honest for real here— they just use a bunch of them 'Boarders, take a bit of their schmeat, put some stuff inside and wrap it up in a cold neat package..."
From the same sitting position, Belladonna leans forward. Hair-locks hanging on each side of her face like the frame to a portrait, she stares at Dene. Penetrating like the Mona Lisa effect.
“If you will pardon visual wordplay, I'm inclined to believe in you. But just to make sure that we are on the same page, I think you mean Contraband and what I'm getting at is a little different. Allow me to explain. Your friends (Contraband or not) were given the freedom to roam the camp's vicinity. There are three exceptions. One is the man that I told you about. Then there's you and your girlfriend here, so I'll change the question for now. How much do you know about the Waterboarder outside? How long has it been with your group?“

Last edited:
From the same sitting position, Belladonna leans forward. Hair-locks hanging on each side of her face like the frame to a portrait, she stares at Dene. Penetrating like the Mona Lisa effect.
“If you will pardon visual wordplay, I'm inclined to believe in you. But just to make sure that we are on the same page, I think you mean Contraband and what I'm getting at is a little different. Allow me to explain. Your friends (Contraband or not) were given the freedom to roam the camp's vicinity. There are three exceptions. One is the man that I told you about. Then there's you and your girlfriend here, so I'll change the question for now. How much do you know about the Waterboarder outside? How long has it been with your group?“

"Ohhh, you mean that little kid who sings a poor excuse for an ad?' he asked, clearly his stupidity got the better of him, having only waken up.

"Ohhh, you mean that little kid who sings a poor excuse for an ad?' he asked, clearly his stupidity got the better of him, having only waken up.
“The Sightbreaker that was impersonating the voice of a child, yes.“ she nods, not allowing curiosity about the latter half of his sentence to get the better of her. “Your answer?“

Back