• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

After looking around for a while, she slowly retracted her blades after an extended period of silence. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Lewis following the RR leader. She felt the need to approach, but understood she likely wouldn't be allowed clearance to do so. So she instead waits, doing her own things until he's available.

(Who TF runs Darren lmfao)
(me)
"Yeah." he gave a nod.

One not for many words, but carried a whole paragraph of meaning. He followed them along, looking here and there like something is watching him. Thoughts processed in his mind as he heard many things and saw horrible sightings of people being tortured, though for a guy like him, this is child's play to what he had seen.
The two walked into the leader's truck, the place which usually struck fear into anyone ending up there. Passing by the decor, the two ended up by a table with two chairs, the leader sitting in one of them.

"Take a seat, then we'll begin negotiations"

Palaria shook her head, walking over to Darren and putting a hand on his chest, using her various Elemental abilities to slowly restore motor functions with plant, ice, and electricity, he couldn't exactly move beyond speech, but she also gaves his nerves a shock so the pain would stop and he could think coherently, and what she did do was restrain his limbs in vines as a "just in case" countermeasure
(Ahem.)

The two walked into the leader's truck, the place which usually struck fear into anyone ending up there. Passing by the decor, the two ended up by a table with two chairs, the leader sitting in one of them.
Lewis remained calm and collected as usual, but something had been going on in his mind ever since he and Bella arrived here. Whatever those thoughts are, only he knows.
"Take a seat, then we'll begin negotiations"
The man silently grabbed the arm of the chair, moved it, and slid into the seat. He clasps his hands as he looked at the leader, as if waiting for him to start.

"My team... had been captured by your men." he said calmly, "I want them back... And you desire something of importance, correct?"
"Yes, I've been told that you may have the power to defeat the dragon that has terrorized my men all these years. Once that feat is accomplished, your team will be released" the leader explained

"What do you mean?" his face got a little serious as tension surrounded the area. "Are you telling me...

...that the guy tortured back there, was one of my men?" he asked in disbelief.
"Oh that one? No, that one's a ticking time bomb" the leader replied

"So far, none of them have given me a good reason to hurt them more than what's required"

... saying no more, she moves on. To find the other prisoners. Every minute was necessary.
Belladonna had a smile on the corner of her lips. Which meant that she was simmering. Not because of Voyant or what happened to her arm, let alone Valentina. All events were relegated to one out of many corners in her mind. Except that a Waterboarder other than the Dragon was lurking around and no one thought it important to mention it. Several minutes of precious time were lost figuring out something that could have been known in just a few seconds. That Darren was on display to keep such a threat in check.

Jackie saw Bella walk in, he could see right through the girl.

"Hey, Are you okay?" He ask without intention to make her uncomfortable
When passing by Jackie, Belladonna was mumbling something that would give an expert in lip-reading a run for their money. The woman was about five steps away when she stopped walking. “It's you, Jackie. Good to see you still alive.“ this one has been around for a week. No lamb designation for him. “Does Henosis have a means to control these monsters in the works? This is the first time I observed such a thing. A waterboarder held at bay because of a single human?“

When passing by Jackie, Belladonna was mumbling something that would give an expert in lip-reading a run for their money. The woman was about five steps away when she stopped walking. “It's you, Jackie. Good to see you still alive.“ this one has been around for a week. No lamb designation for him. “Does Henosis have a means to control these monsters in the works? This is the first time I observed such a thing. A waterboarder held at bay because of a single human?“
"ª" he don't understand what she is saying

"I don't know what is Henosis? and I don't know what exactly is happening, I think that monster is surrounding us and using this guy as a distraction, giving us false feelings of control just so that when we let our guard down a little, it kill us"

"ª" he don't understand what she is saying

"I don't know what is Henosis? and I don't know what exactly is happening, I think that monster is surrounding us and using this guy as a distraction, giving us false feelings of control just so that when we let our guard down a little, it kill us"
“The people originally in charge of these lambs.“ she keeps it simple. Lewis would be a better one to ask, but he had to be in the leader's presence by now. “I thought you overheard something since you were on guard duty, but guess not. In which cells are the other prisoners?“

“The people originally in charge of these lambs.“ she keeps it simple. Lewis would be a better one to ask, but he had to be in the leader's presence by now. “I thought you overheard something since you were on guard duty, but guess not. In which cells are the other prisoners?“
"Oh well, follow me" He said as he began to walk towards the cells with her.

"By the way, what were you doing outside exactly? Not today, but the other days, what are you doing in the outside beyond of this place?"

"Oh well, follow me" He said as he began to walk towards the cells with her.

"By the way, what were you doing outside exactly? Not today, but the other days, what are you doing in the outside beyond of this place?"
“Jackie, Jackie. If I follow the kind of protocol that I've dealing with here, I'm supposed to tell you nothing about it and leave you wondering until a critical moment. Wouldn't that be fun?“ sufficient salt in her soul for this joke. “The usual. Field research, information gathering. My scanning ability is best suited when it comes to finding places with resources to be marauded. The only things I found today were the Dragon and that new champion, though.“

“Jackie, Jackie. If I follow the kind of protocol that I've dealing with here, I'm supposed to tell you nothing about it and leave you wondering until a critical moment. Wouldn't that be fun?“ sufficient salt in her soul for this joke. “The usual. Field research, information gathering. My scanning ability is best suited when it comes to finding places with resources to be marauded. The only things I found today were the Dragon and that new champion, though.“
Jackie looked at the girl

"Well, an extra hand is fine, I really want this to end one thing is face a monster that randomly appears while you're moving, and another to have a monster chase you endlessly."

Jackie looked at the girl

"Well, an extra hand is fine, I really want this to end one thing is face a monster that randomly appears while you're moving, and another to have a monster chase you endlessly."
Belle continued to follow his lead. “I agree, this has lasted enough. Look at us now. Walking the corpse of a planet like vultures in search of the next carcass to consume. So much to control and nobody to control it. We start with relying on some loose cannons and next thing you know, we'll be warming up to what's even harder to control. Waterboarders. I don't know if Henosis is also getting desperate or what, but that...thing. We need answers about it. That's why we're seeing the other people in this team.“

Belle continued to follow his lead. “I agree, this has lasted enough. Look at us now. Walking the corpse of a planet like vultures in search of the next carcass to consume. So much to control and nobody to control it. We start with relying on some loose cannons and next thing you know, we'll be warming up to what's even harder to control. Waterboarders. I don't know if Henosis is also getting desperate or what, but that...thing. We need answers about it. That's why we're seeing the other people in this team.“
"Now that I think about it, I have a feeling that we are heading into a trap, Think about it, what if they are related, these Waterboarder with the dragon? I mean they could attack us while we are trying to drive out of range of it so we have to fight in a one of us vs 10 of them battle, I don't think these Waterboarder are stop for just one person, I think they are analyzing us in search of new candidates for their party of blood and torture"

"Now that I think about it, I have a feeling that we are heading into a trap, Think about it, what if they are related, these Waterboarder with the dragon? I mean they could attack us while we are trying to drive out of range of it so we have to fight in a one of us vs 10 of them battle, I don't think these Waterboarder are stop for just one person, I think they are analyzing us in search of new candidates for their party of blood and torture"
“I find that hard to believe. From information that I have gathered of other Henosis members so far, this man was with them. And none of them were surprised when that thing attacked me. In other words...this Waterboarder has been with them. It's simple, absolute logic.“

“I find that hard to believe. From information that I have gathered of other Henosis members so far, this man was with them. And none of them were surprised when that thing attacked me. In other words...this Waterboarder has been with them. It's simple, absolute logic.“
"Do you really think that thing cares about a mere human as a living being? At best we're just breaking it favorite toy, I'll tell you bluntly, we came to its home because we intercepted a transmission, we destroyed its playground, it is just mad at us " he say

"Do you really think that thing cares about a mere human as a living being? At best we're just breaking it favorite toy, I'll tell you bluntly, we came to its home because we intercepted a transmission, we destroyed its playground, it is just mad at us " he say
Wrong. Waterboarders can learn. The Dragon is proof enough of it but take this ring around my neck, for example. If someone threatened its destruction, I'd negotiate with my life at stake. I can't say with a hundred percent certainty that it's the same thing, but we can't discard the possibility just yet...unless Henosis has somehow achieved a level of control of these creatures, it's the only one left. That this Waterboarder willingly walks with them. That through him, they are allied.“

Wrong. Waterboarders can learn. The Dragon is proof enough of it but take this ring around my neck, for example. If someone threatened its destruction, I'd negotiate with my life at stake. I can't say with a hundred percent certainty that it's the same thing, but we can't discard the possibility just yet...unless Henosis has somehow achieved a level of control of these creatures, it's the only one left. That this Waterboarder willingly walks with them. That through him, they are allied.“
"No, you're not understanding me, they can adapt yes, but I mean we can't trust them just because they don't kill you today or tomorrow, we don't even know what they were doing to those guys, what do you know if it used they to play games where his life almost ceases to exist? that Waterboarder just grew attached to it in a twisted way, same with Deathwing, all Waterboarders have a twisted version of appreciated" he say, now both are In front of a cell that Jackie opened with a key, there was a person lying unconscious on the ground

"Wake up before you get sick"

"Oh that one? No, that one's a ticking time bomb" the leader replied

"So far, none of them have given me a good reason to hurt them more than what's required"
"Could you be more specific? I'm not inclined to believe such a claim after seeing that"

His suspicions get further and further tense. First, the arrival of them in the camp- he saw several survivors: Palaria as well as Sofia, must be the one Paige was saying hours ago.

\/ 34% Probability of Success - Every Second Counts...

Second, the "ticking time bomb"- held seems to be in some torture device made by the Roadrunners.

\/ 31% Probability of Success - The Roadrunners aren't as friendly as he thought they'd be...

Hostage. That man is a hostage for anyone trying to escape. Which means...

"No, you're not understanding me, they can adapt yes, but I mean we can't trust them just because they don't kill you today or tomorrow, we don't even know what they were doing to those guys, what do you know if it used they to play games where his life almost ceases to exist? that Waterboarder just grew attached to it in a twisted way, same with Deathwing, all Waterboarders have a twisted version of appreciated" he say, now both are In front of a cell that Jackie opened with a key, there was a person lying unconscious on the ground

"Wake up before you get sick"
“No matter what reason it is, it is connected. We are living the situation where a single human is being element of bargain with a waterboarder. Right now. In this settlement. Facts cannot be argued, Jackie. The most likely scenario is that these people before us have used him in the same way Voyant does now. Why and how that is possible is what we want to pinpoint, but the man being a leash to this mad dog is a fact.“

Last edited:
“No matter what reason it is, it is connected. We are living the situation were a single human is being element of bargain with a waterboarder. Right now. In this settlement. Facts cannot be argued, Jackie. The most likely scenario is that these people before us have used him in the same way Voyant does now. Why and how that is possible is what we want to pinpoint, but the man being a leash to this mad dog is a fact.“
"Well, I think I understand you now" He said as he touched Dene's head with his foot, simply to see if he was alive since Dene was still on the ground

"Did you see anyone else experiencing such torment? This occurrence is not commonplace and rest assured, nobody is experiencing anything that comes close to what he is" the leader explained, noticing Lewis' anxiousness.

"Are we still negotiating?"
(Oi Slothsalt, i need ye)
(Again, we've already progressed too far. Just delete that comment, it serves nothing)

(Again, we've already progressed too far. Just delete that comment, it serves nothing)
(Mostly because you type at a 2 word per minute it seems, doesn't take very long to yay or nay Darren waking up dude, that's like, a 2-sentence post at most, but fine)

Palaria sighed, she wasn't willing to use more physical force and they were burning time, she moved to the prison cells where individuals such as Dene were kept, her face becoming a little disgusted as she heard Belle and Jackie

"He getting up then." Palaria said, she might be... less then enthused with any Waterboarders due to only seeing the ones that wanted her dead, but if one changed, she'd be willing to give them a chance, at the very least

Back