• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Because I'm here to help..." he replied with sincerity. "I'm here to save you, and save her..."
"...if I need saving... I would die 13 years ago..." Palaria said, her eyes bright emeralds, her trust would have to be earned, it seemed

(It is so damn hard to use the broken English here lol)

"He follow the Caravan for hours, may be here now" Palaria explained, clearly, she didn't care about the fate of this place or most of the people in it, hence why she didn't say anything earlier
“I wager that you have all the words necessary to explain why you informed no one until now.” she wants to say this is new. It is not. To begin with, the dragon had to be half the reason for the RR to adopt the nomadic way of living. This might explain why Voyant was being so secretive. Uncharacteristically quiet on the leader's part, as well. “Not here yet, that much is clear. Voyant would have known. And surveillance of the outer perimeters will know my boot up theirs if they embarrassed themselves this badly in the few hours that I was out.”
"The name's Ceallagh Yahui, Henosis Second-in-command..." he replied before looking at Palaria. "Now tell me, what's with this Dragon that you know of?"
Thought pattern: “What? ...?!! % @@ -§??”
It takes unspeakable effort not to, at least, twitch. She and Ceallagh had vastly different ideas about what staying in the down-low meant if he was willing to disclose this piece of information on the fly.
Sofia had no answer. She used the time Belladonna's interest was turned to her frail friend to recollect her thoughts. She held her hands in front of her. They were clammy, jittery, and it wasn't a result of the ice. Thoughts started racing through her head-
"What the hell is going on with me... this lady, she's... something about her... I'm not shy am I? No, it must be the ice. I never clam up or shake this bad otherwise... yeah, that must be it..."
She had convinced herself it must be the ice. It was the only conclusion she could bring herself to believe.
Either Belladonna missed this or she chose not to mention it. But it was more likely the former, because the headache she had now was not contraband induced. “I'll die of overwork before that dragon has the chance to try again, at this rate. Stay here. I have something to ask the leader. Again.” unceremoniously, she leaves.

“I wager that you have all the words necessary to explain why you informed no one until now.” she wants to say this is new. It is not. To begin with, the dragon had to be half the reason for the RR to adopt the nomadic way of living. This might explain why Voyant was being so secretive. Uncharacteristically quiet on the leader's part, as well. “Not here yet, that much is clear. Voyant would have known. And surveillance of the outer perimeters will know my boot up theirs if they embarrassed themselves this badly in the few hours that I was out.”

Thought pattern: “What? ...?!! % @@ -§??”
It takes unspeakable effort not to, at least, twitch. She and Ceallagh had vastly different ideas about what staying in the down-low meant if he was willing to disclose this piece of information on the fly.
Palaria shook her head "he good hiding, and hide presence and Aura." She explained, it seemed she knew more about the dragon then they did

Either Belladonna missed this or she chose not to mention it. But it was more likely the former, because the headache she had now was not contraband induced. “I'll die of overwork before that dragon has the chance to try again, at this rate. Stay here. I have something to ask the leader. Again.” unceremoniously, she leaves.
"Ah, she's returned. What is it you require?" the leader greeted

"Ah, she's returned. What is it you require?" the leader greeted
“Palaria says that the Dragon has been tailing the cadre to this settlement for hours now. Presence hidden.” just as unceremoniously, she declares. Standing outside the vehicle, arms crossed, back against a rock. “And unlike her, I'm not lucky enough to make wordless reports. Odds of her mind having finally snapped from the relentless pursuit sound about equal to the odds of Deathwing being among us now. So here I am, and I ask. How aware of this are we?”

Last edited:
“Palaria says that the Dragon has been tailing the cadre to this settlement for hours now. Presence hidden.” just as unceremoniously, she declares. Standing outside the vehicle, arms crossed, back against a rock. “And unlike her, I'm not lucky enough to make wordless reports. Odds of her mind having finally snapped from the relentless pursuit sound about equal to the odds of Deathwing being among us now. So here I am, and I ask. How aware of this are we?”
"You chased by Deathwing for over 10 years and not know subtle signs." Palaria said, shaking her head and going over to stand a little ways behind Sofia

"..."

Ceallagh continued to listen as he remains vigilant to her ideas and plans.
"What is it that she's thinking? What is with that weird look on her face? There has to be something else going on here, be it a ploy or anything else..."

The man crossed his arms as he arranged the rooster head and folded it in his pocket.

"We have at least 1 hour before the dragon arrives from South West" Voyant "said"

"Illusion." Palaria said with a nod, a subtle heat change to raising it by a couple degrees said something was indeed there

"Near light speed. Less then second to get here." Palaria said, and yet nothing hit like a meteor yet...

(Deathwing is Rela+, he could do thousands of laps around the ******* earth in an hour lol
(This is a combat speed vs travel speed oversight. DW doesn't have that statistic in traveling speed. And teleportation has limits in range.)

(This is a combat speed vs travel speed oversight. DW doesn't have that statistic in traveling speed. And teleportation has limits in range.)
(Like I said on discord, this kinda shit needs to be on the registration thread, the only thing given for Waterboarders is AP/SS/Dura.)

(Like I said on discord, this kinda shit needs to be on the registration thread, the only thing given for Waterboarders is AP/SS/Dura.)
(Also just saying, Deathwing has already had a movement speed feat WAY above Subsonic lol, going Cloud to earth in ******* Anta-seconds is no joke)

(With this clarified though, should edit Palaria's post. If she knows him the best it wouldn't be narratively fitting to say he can make it to the camp any moment when he's an hour away.)
(He also closely followed the Caravan, so an hour is pretty damn long to cross a mile tops)

"We have at least 1 hour before the dragon arrives from South West" Voyant "said"
“Having said that, Palaria seems eager to join the conversation. Another surprise to the many we had today.” the researcher turns around, drawing a semicircle in the dirt under her heels. “Which reminds me that I had one more thing to report. Earlier when my path crossed with Deathwing...he hinted at someone. Who do you think that someone could be?”

Saying no more, Belladonna takes her leave and returns to be in Sofia's (by extension, Palaria's and Lewis's) presence.

"What'd you tell the leader? You think you can give me a pass and let me talk to them?"
“Ask Palaria. And you aren't being treated the same as our other prisoners. On second thought, you probably don't need me to notice that.” not with Darren being made into a Mad Max presentation in plain sight. “The offer for an audience...it should still be standing. Go on. Ask.” how much would they be willing to share with so little time in their hands? Belladonna couldn't say, but the request for Lewis to meet them was made from the start.

“Ask Palaria. And you aren't being treated the same as our other prisoners. On second thought, you probably don't need me to notice that.” not with Darren being made into a Mad Max presentation in plain sight. “The offer for an audience...it should still be standing. Go on. Ask.” how much would they be willing to share with so little time in their hands? Belladonna couldn't say, but the request for Lewis to meet them was made from the start.
"Other prisoners...." he muttered to himself, "...either captured or taken hostage...." Never knew this simple of a fetching would escalate at least this high. Though not so noticable in his face, there was something off about his presence and the tone of his speech.

Moment passed and he made his way to the leaders' area, seeking to do what he came there for.

"Help him." Palaria finally said to those who remained, referring to Darren
“<.............>” Belle's neck motions at an angle. Darren's angle. What a miserable sight. Like still living remains. What hells had this man endured? “Palaria, you've been with us for a long time. Do you know why they decided on this sort of punishment for him?”

“<.............>” Belle's neck motions at an angle. Darren's angle. What a miserable sight. Like still living remains. What hells had this man endured? “Palaria, you've been with us for a long time. Do you know why they decided on this sort of punishment for him?”
"I no care." Palaria said bluntly, turning to face Belle directly

Jackie finished doing what did so he decided to walk a little more, he wanted to enjoy the last few minutes or seconds free, Well, he's not sure if are minutes or seconds to be honest, he didn't have a watch in his hand so he could know what time it is, who knows maybe he thinks that today is saturday and it's actually monday

"Right. I think I'll take a break for a bit longer. If things get rough trying to help that guy, I'll jump in."
Palaria nodded "I have idea." She said, it wasn't her first time treating wounds, and she knew her own body well, so she hoped that if a Bella stopped having complaints that she could safely help him

"I no care." Palaria said bluntly, turning to face Belle directly
Not expecting miscommunication when talking to Palaria was probably on Belle. “I was asking if you knew why. Whether or not I can do something about it depends on the reason and his cooperation. Well, suit yourself. I'm not enjoying the sights but I can live with it. Let's hope he also can.”
"What am I... doing again?" Sofia looked back and forth between Belle, Palaria, and Ceallagh
“We want one thing. The end of Deathwing. To talk without scientifical basis bothers me....But that creature is one of a kind even among the enigma that Waterboarders are. And if nothing that I encountered before measures up, his defeat should bring light upon questions that for too long were left unanswered.” On the nature of Contrabands, about the truth of his species? Belle didn't know. “What I do know is that mankind has cowered long enough.” it's not a rousing speech, those do nothing for POWs. Those who refused the call would be forced to answer it.

“Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected to take certain duties on board there will be rewards.” like the reward of not being in Darren's place.

Palaria nodded "I have idea." She said, it wasn't her first time treating wounds, and she knew her own body well, so she hoped that if a Bella stopped having complaints that she could safely help him
Belladonna could make a whole bulletin point presentation explaining why this was a bad idea. Yet she opts to watch in silence, at first.

Not expecting miscommunication when talking to Palaria was probably on Belle. “I was asking if you knew why. Whether or not I can do something about it depends on the reason and his cooperation. Well, suit yourself. I'm not enjoying the sights but I can live with it. Let's hope he also can.”

“We want one thing. The end of Deathwing. To talk without scientifical basis bothers me....But that creature is one of a kind even among the enigma that Waterboarders are. And if nothing that I encountered before measures up, his defeat should bring light upon questions that for too long were left unanswered.” On the nature of Contrabands, about the truth of his species? Belle didn't know. “What I do know is that mankind has cowered long enough.” it's not a rousing speech, those do nothing for POWs. Those who refused the call would be forced to answer it.

“Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected to take certain duties on board there will be rewards.” like the reward of not being in Darren's place.

Belladonna could make a whole bulletin point presentation explaining why this was a bad idea. Yet she opts to watch in silence, at first.
Palaria shook her head, walking over to Darren and putting a hand on his chest, using her various Elemental abilities to slowly restore motor functions with plant, ice, and electricity, he couldn't exactly move beyond speech, but she also gaves his nerves a shock so the pain would stop and he could think coherently, and what she did do was restrain his limbs in vines as a "just in case" countermeasure

Last edited:
Back