• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

“We want one thing. The end of Deathwing. To talk without scientifical basis bothers me....But that creature is one of a kind even among the enigma that Waterboarders are. And if nothing that I encountered before measures up, his defeat should bring light upon questions that for too long were left unanswered.” On the nature of Contrabands, about the truth of his species? Belle didn't know. “What I do know is that mankind has cowered long enough.” it's not a rousing speech, those do nothing for POWs. Those who refused the call would be forced to answer it.

“Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected to take certain duties on board there will be rewards.” like the reward of not being in Darren's place.
"Right, and that's cool and all, but how can I help you with that? And maybe explain in a way that doesn't use big words? I don't have any money on me at the moment, but I'd pay you 20 dollars if you could keep it short and without words that haven't been used since stone age. Call me stupid, but it's hard to follow."

Palaria shook her head, walking over to Dene and putting a hand on his chest, using her various Elemental abilities to slowly restore motor functions with plant, ice, and electricity, he couldn't exactly move beyond speech, but she also gaves his nerves a shock so the pain would stop and he could think coherently, and what she did do was restrain his limbs in vines as a "just in case" countermeasure
(No sure if you can just put him, since i sure you all are in the other side of the zone)

"Right, and that's cool and all, but how can I help you with that? And maybe explain in a way that doesn't use big words? I don't have any money on me at the moment, but I'd pay you 20 dollars if you could keep it short and without words that haven't been used since stone age. Call me stupid, but it's hard to follow."
“I'll do this just once, so I want you to listen really well. First you make it past one meeting with the dragon. Then you survive up to tomorrow's morning. Finally you bleed half to death and I might remember that you even have a name.“ mimicking the rest of the RR killed half of her soul. Belle changes right back. “Feel free to file any further complaints about my means of articulation after that.“

“I'll do this just once, so I want you to listen really well. First you make it past one meeting with the dragon. Then you survive up to tomorrow's morning. Finally you bleed half to death and I might remember that you even have a name.“ mimicking the rest of the RR killed half of her soul. Belle changes right back. “Feel free to file any further complaints about my means of articulation after that.“
"Been. Done. I have name." Palaria called out, faintly overhearing Belle

"That's... better. No complaints here.." She went silent again

"Been. Done. I have name." Palaria called out, faintly overhearing Belle
“Don't be that person now, Palaria.“ but thinking about it, it was true. She was calling Palaria by name from the very beginning.
"That's... better. No complaints here.." She went silent again
“I'll have you meet me at the laboratory once the RR are back on the roads. There's more that you need to hear.“ Belladonna pulls on the end and edge of her gloves, stretching before releasing them back into place with an audible snap. “In the meantime, try not to do anything that would force my hand.“ Then she walks away. There were others to speak to.

“I'll have you meet me at the laboratory once the RR are back on the roads. There's more that you need to hear.“ Belladonna pulls on the end and edge of her gloves, stretching before releasing them back into place with an audible snap. “In the meantime, try not to do anything that would force my hand.“ Then she walks away. There were others to speak to.
"Y-Yes'm..." Yes'm. Yes'm? It seemed she had accidentally blurred her words together. Try yes ma'am. She hits herself in the head a few times for making the mistake.
"What am I even sayin'? Stupid stupid! Thank clearly, gonk!"

"Y-Yes'm..." Yes'm. Yes'm? It seemed she had accidentally blurred her words together. Try yes ma'am. She hits herself in the head a few times for making the mistake.
"What am I even sayin'? Stupid stupid! Thank clearly, gonk!"
"Check on prisoner. Need know who need heal." Palaria asked Sofia to check on the other prisoners for her

There were others to speak to.
She thought of Jackie but the boy had been with the RR for barely a week. As for George, he wasn't a part of Henosis. His assistance would be valuable in the future if they could win him to their side, yes, but now was not the time. Uncertain elements wait. In this case, Valentina is the one that Belle greets next.

She thought of Jackie but the boy had been with the RR for barely a week. As for George, he wasn't a part of Henosis. His assistance would be valuable in the future if they could win him to their side, yes, but now was not the time. Uncertain elements wait. In this case, Valentina is the one that Belle greets next.
"Who're you and what do you want?"

"Who're you and what do you want?"
“Belladonna Ghez. The lead researcher here. I worked so hard on that introduction and no one paid attention to it?“ a hand is raised, but the slap delivered is to her own face. “Now it's your turn to answer. You're one of the people whom, just a few hours ago, had your comms handled by a farm animal yes?“

“Belladonna Ghez. The lead researcher here. I worked so hard on that introduction and no one paid attention to it?“ a hand is raised, but the slap delivered is to her own face. “Now it's your turn to answer. You're one of the people whom, just a few hours ago, had your comms handled by a farm animal yes?“
"That's correct. What of it? Out with it already." She gave her a cold glare as she polished off one of her hair pins

"That's correct. What of it? Out with it already." She gave her a cold glare as she polished off one of her hair pins
Less reaction than Belle anticipated after a direct insult to one of her friends. Was there something that she was missing here? “For talking with someone who could make your head roll at any moment, you have a tone.“ she mentions it but does not care enough to pursue the remark. “Time is of the essence so I'll be borrowing some of yours. How many are (or were) you, how many contrabands are in your possession and how much experience do each of you have compared to one another. Scale of 1 to 10.“

Less reaction than Belle anticipated after a direct insult to one of her friends. Was there something that she was missing here? “For talking with someone who could make your head roll at any moment, you have a tone.“ she mentions it but does not care enough to pursue the remark. “Time is of the essence so I'll be borrowing some of yours. How many are (or were) you, how many contrabands are in your possession and how much experience do each of you have compared to one another. Scale of 1 to 10.“
"You think you've a silver tongue little girl? You don't. I'm under your command but you won't treat me as such when you talk to me. Whether you can take my head or not, with someone who has little left, that threat is all but empty. I'll answer your questions out of principle, but don't expect much if you talk like that with me later on. I have one on me. I have the most experience in the group as far as I'm aware. I'd give myself an 8, 9 on a good day. From what I've picked up on the last few days, the others are a 5 at most. That is to say they're reckless and have much to go." She certainly had a lot of bite in her. It seemed the only thing holding her back was her teammates rather than her own safety

"You think you've a silver tongue little girl? You don't. I'm under your command but you won't treat me as such when you talk to me. Whether you can take my head or not, with someone who has little left, that threat is all but empty. I'll answer your questions out of principle, but don't expect much if you talk like that with me later on. I have one on me. I have the most experience in the group as far as I'm aware. I'd give myself an 8, 9 on a good day. From what I've picked up on the last few days, the others are a 5 at most. That is to say they're reckless and have much to go." She certainly had a lot of bite in her. It seemed the only thing holding her back was her teammates rather than her own safety
“Talking of your own volition or being forced to is a choice you're free to make. I hope you keep choosing the first option. It saves time.“ an ironical answer, but Belle was taking notes of the information provided. In one word, “Harsh. I'm almost asking what is going on, but prying into the personal lives of others is Voyant's business. Next question...actually, you haven't answered how many of you there are. Mind?“

“Talking of your own volition or being forced to is a choice you're free to make. I hope you keep choosing the first option. It saves time.“ an ironical answer, but Belle was taking notes of the information provided. In one word, “Harsh. I'm almost asking what is going on, but prying into the personal lives of others is Voyant's business. Next question...actually, you haven't answered how many of you there are. Mind?“
"Keep trying, girl. You'll get there some day." She sarcastically remarked, placing her hair pin back in her hair. She wasn't showing any sign of budging at her implied threats.
"There's about 7, but I'm losing count with all the additions. I'd personally discount some of them, but that's a long story. Need anything else, Princess?"

"Keep trying, girl. You'll get there some day." She sarcastically remarked, placing her hair pin back in her hair. She wasn't showing any sign of budging at her implied threats.
"There's about 7, but I'm losing count with all the additions. I'd personally discount some of them, but that's a long story. Need anything else, Princess?"
“Your entire unit, like POWs. I really don't need to try.“ Belle continues the entertaining minigame of ping-ponging a snide remark or another, but the number heard makes her stop. “So there are others.“ this one was rethorical. A moment was taken to double-check, even. But there was no mistake. Darren wasn't the only one. And if Valentina wasn't enough for the RR to throw back into a cell, this couldn't be a matter of insubordination. “Just one. What did that man do?“ Darren.

“Your entire unit, like POWs. I really don't need to try.“ Belle continues the entertaining minigame of ping-ponging a snide remark or another, but the number heard makes her stop. “So there are others.“ this one was rethorical. A moment was taken to double-check, even. But there was no mistake. Darren wasn't the only one. And if Valentina wasn't enough for the RR to throw back into a cell, this couldn't be a matter of insubordination. “Just one. What did that man do?“ Darren.
"I beg to differ. You come off as more of a spoiled brat than anything. I'd have expected more of a fellow survivor, but I always seem to keep my expectations too high. If you want someone to lick you boots, you're better off seeing to the others. I'm done with you now." She stands up, looking down at Belle as she walks up to her.
"You'd look better with some red in your hair. Consider it." She gives her head a small harmless shove before walking off. Somehow, it felt like she caught onto Belle's plan.. either that or she was toying with her. It was quite hard to read her.

"I beg to differ. You come off as more of a spoiled brat than anything. I'd have expected more of a fellow survivor, but I always seem to keep my expectations too high. If you want someone to lick you boots, you're better off seeing to the others. I'm done with you now." She stands up, looking down at Belle as she walks up to her.
"You'd look better with some red in your hair. Consider it." She gives her head a small harmless shove before walking off. Somehow, it felt like she caught onto Belle's plan.. either that or she was toying with her. It was quite hard to read her.
“I told this to one of your acquaintances, I don't mind repeating myself.“ the hand never reaches, halted by an invisible force before any contact is made. “I would advise you not to get too familiar, lamb. And for the last time, I am not Makise Kurisu.“ Belle's expression however, had a hint of perplexity. Few of the words here made it to her mind. “I will ask again. What did that man do?“

“I told this to one of your acquaintances, I don't mind repeating myself.“ the hand never reaches, halted by an invisible force before any contact is made. “I would advise you not to get too familiar, lamb. And for the last time, I am not Makise Kurisu.“ Belle's expression however, had a hint of perplexity. Few of the words here made it to her mind. “I will ask again. What did that man do?“
She simply raises a hand in a waving-like gesture. Boss or not, she refused to answer without proper etiquette from the addressee's side. Especially so because she felt Belle was putting on an act. More bark than bite to put it simply.

She simply raises a hand in a waving-like gesture. Boss or not, she refused to answer without proper etiquette from the addressee's side. Especially so because she felt Belle was putting on an act. More bark than bite to put it simply.
“Very well. Suit yourself.“ for a moment, Belle seems about to leave.

The next, she raises a hand towards the imprisoned Darren and by encircling pressure with the invisible grip of a giant called atmosphere, his body begins to constrict. For the first time since her arrival, Belladonna's voice is raised. Loud and clear. For everyone to see, for everyone to hear.

“Each 10 seconds will be a limb. Then, your torso. Last, your throat. At that point, you won't be able to speak, so I'd like someone to at least try and answer my question in the meantime. Was that clear? Good. I'll start counting.“

“Very well. Suit yourself.“ for a moment, Belle seems about to leave.

The next, she raises a hand towards the imprisoned Darren and by encircling pressure with the invisible grip of a giant called atmosphere, his body begins to constrict. For the first time since her arrival, Belladonna's voice is raised. Loud and clear. For everyone to see, for everyone to hear.

“Each 10 seconds will be a limb. Then, your torso. Last, your throat. At that point, you won't be able to speak, so I'd like someone to at least try and answer my question in the meantime. Was that clear? Good. I'll start counting.“
"Those who hold Waterboarders near and dear are to be left out to rot." She continued on her path. If anyone were to answer, it would certainly not be her. Her conviction against the monsters who usurped their world made it hard for her to sympathize with one who harbored them.

"No no no! Don't-" Voyant "yelled" out in panic.

In an instant, that raised arm fell to the ground, detached from the body which used to control it, a chuckle heard from nowhere in particular, looming over the entire encampment, followed by these following words.

"What a fun game, can I join?"

"..." Palaria was absolutely disgusted when she heard that

"I no know why I even help..." she said, not making any attempt to even remotely hide her extreme disdain for this as she glanced around for the source

"Not this shit again. I swear, the moment we pull up on anywhere with resources she's good as dead." Sofia's strutting became more like stomping as she continued on her way to find Rizzuto first.

"These sure are a bunch of weird people you hired, Efrain..." he thought, looking at Sofia and the rest as Belladonna does her "thing".

Lewis walked towards the leader, his hands in his pockets as he analyzed the equipment and its tools the Roadrunners used.

"Those who hold Waterboarders near and dear are to be left out to rot." She continued on her path. If anyone were to answer, it would certainly not be her. Her conviction against the monsters who usurped their world made it hard for her to sympathize with one who harbored them.
The irony. This offhand comment would be the answer to the question. But not three seconds had passed since the start of her count when,
"No no no! Don't-" Voyant "yelled" out in panic.

In an instant, that raised arm fell to the ground, detached from the body which used to control it, a chuckle heard from nowhere in particular, looming over the entire encampment, followed by these following words.

"What a fun game, can I join?"
Belle couldn't answer one or the other. Her attention was drawn to the words that had been spoken. And to the thing that fell next to her. With eyes reflexively drawn to the object...and she notices her slender arm dirtied, lost. On the floor.

Her lips separate, a wordless open mouth. Expression twists. Perhaps a scream or a shriek would follow. At this sudden turn of events Belladona was shocked, no doubt. But if shock, pain or fear made her stop thinking, she wouldn't have made it to this day. Thoughts are clouded, the brain wants to focus on nothing but the wound. But.

“Don't panic. Think. Focus. Zeta!!“ a mnemonic device to the ability Insight. An almost imperceptible force sweeps the settlement. This feeds her mind a perfect blueprint of the battlefield, like a scan. The shape of every rock, object and person. Including her own. This tells Belladonna that her arm is still there. Which meant...which meant. “So this is how things are.“

Jackie stopped, looked at what was happening and said

"I told them I wasn't crazy, Wilson, you see we're surrounded by Monsters like i see everyday, we should have followed my plan to go south where we wouldn't have this problem" he spoke to his friend.

"No, I don't care about these people, I would have preferred a place where they don't lock you up without knowing if they could lose the keys to the door"

Lewis walked towards the leader, his hands on his pockets as he analyzed the equipment and their tools.
"Further negotiation? What did Voyant even see in you? Oh well, come along. This is not a good place for such civilized activities
“So this is how things are.“
During her scan, one of the metal shards jutted straight through Darren's arm as he screamed in pain. Before any retribution could be had, Voyant simply stepped in, a recorder playing a loud message

"We've told you the consequences! Do you wish to test your luck again? Who knows, maybe you'll only rip apart his leg, or his arm... or maybe his torso, can you take a risk for those internal organs? Or maybe it crush his head... Now, give back her arm".

A quiet sigh could be heard, followed by the fallen arm disappearing from the ground and Bella's arm seemingly reappearing on its former stump. Voyant sighed in relief before walking up to Darren and pulling the shard back to its former place, another gangster coming along and using his contraband, healing the wounded area so that the mechanism can be placed back in.

"When I saw that vision, I didn't think it could be real. Maybe it was the occasional fluke that seemed to pervade my readings of you. You wouldn't do something so brash, so savage, so... unprofessional" Voyant's words burned in Bella's head as he worked on the mechanism that kept Darren in bondage, and the gangsters safe

Valentina instinctively whipped out her swords even after the recall of illusions. Her last encounter with them wasn't a pretty one, and she wasn't going to risk another slip-up.

"Further negotiation? What did Voyant even see in you? Oh well, come along. This is not a good place for such civilized activities

During her scan, one of the metal shards jutted straight through Darren's arm as he screamed in pain. Before any retribution could be had, Voyant simply stepped in, a recorder playing a loud message

"We've told you the consequences! Do you wish to test your luck again? Who knows, maybe you'll only rip apart his leg, or his arm... or maybe his torso, can you take a risk for those internal organs? Or maybe it crush his head... Now, give back her arm".

A quiet sigh could be heard, followed by the fallen arm disappearing from the ground and Bella's arm seemingly reappearing on its former stump. Voyant sighed in relief before walking up to Darren and pulling the shard back to its former place, another gangster coming along and using his contraband, healing the wounded area so that the mechanism can be placed back in.

"When I saw that vision, I didn't think it could be real. Maybe it was the occasional fluke that seemed to pervade my readings of you. You wouldn't do something so brash, so savage, so... unprofessional" Voyant's words burned in Bella's head as he worked on the mechanism that kept Darren in bondage, and the gangsters safe
“I thought only Palaria held off on reports.“ deep down, this is what Belladonna wants to answer. Nothing else. But no. This was not the time. And she could use that breath to recover hers. “My apologies.“ she inspects her arm. It's back where it should have been. Insight was an ability born from the need to fight Sightbreakers, but even now moments like these awakened trauma in her. Trauma of a sense of reality questioned so many times before. “I'll accept my own punishment later, if...if necessary.“ saying no more, she moves on. To find the other prisoners. Every minute was necessary.

"Yeah." he gave a nod.

One not for many words, but carried a whole paragraph of meaning. He followed them along, looking here and there like something is watching him. Thoughts processed in his mind as he heard many things and saw horrible sightings of people being tortured, though for a guy like him, this is child's play to what he had seen.

Back