• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Palaria eventually found something- made sure the best she could that it was free- and took the rations back to Sofia so that she could eat and watch Sofia at the same time
She couldn't help but crack a smirk when noticing Palaria watching them
"Heh, it's almost like having a kid... No no, don't get too attached Sofia, don't make the same mistake as that man or it'll come back to bite me..." She thought. The thought that started with a smirk, ended, leaving a scowl behind. It only added to her anger, there was so much she couldn't have because of the apocalypse, because of all the crazy scenario's she's been in. Keeping it bottled in was tough, and it was reflected in her movements which became quicker and more powerful, but simplistic and predictable. She started letting out grunts with each of her strikes. This would let her vent a little, but it wasn't an effective outlet. If she couldn't find an effective outlet soon, she'd surely explode.

She couldn't help but crack a smirk when noticing Palaria watching them
"Heh, it's almost like having a kid... No no, don't get too attached Sofia, don't make the same mistake as that man or it'll come back to bite me..." She thought. The thought that started with a smirk, ended, leaving a scowl behind. It only added to her anger, there was so much she couldn't have because of the apocalypse, because of all the crazy scenario's she's been in. Keeping it bottled in was tough, and it was reflected in her movements which became quicker and more powerful, but simplistic and predictable. She started letting out grunts with each of her strikes. This would let her vent a little, but it wasn't an effective outlet. If she couldn't find an effective outlet soon, she'd surely explode.
Palaria quickly finished eating, and then... created a clone of ice that copied Sofia's previously shown skill to burn her frustration out on

Palaria quickly finished eating, and then... created a clone of ice that copied Sofia's previously shown skill to burn her frustration out on
"Thanks... Much appreciated." And appreciate she did. She'd be able take her anger out on something and more efficiently hone her skill against a fellow, or rather cloned practitioner.

She went in for a right hook- The icy double weaved beneath it and punished her with jab to the plexus. She took a few steps back in recoil.
The icy dummy paced closer with their arms up for cover- Sofia threw a few jabs to pull their guard, going for another right hook around their arms. It hardly hit due to the speed, but was mostly stopped by the frozen double who had moved their hand to stop it. They threw a jab at her nose, then followed through with several hard hits and a round house kick to the side of her head. They had drawn blood from her nose, right ear, and lip.

"Hoooo, focus..." She spat a drop of blood at the copies feet and started deep breaths through their nose and mouth. They would need to concentrate if they wanted to connect any real hits. They put their arms up in he guard stance and started shifting their feet and balance left and right. Mimicking the foot work of a boxer.

As the duplicate once again paced forward, Sofia took a quick step forward of her own. In retaliation, the ice double threw another jab once again. Sofia was quicker to react this time- weaving of too the left before pulling off a successful left hook. Causing a small crack to appear on the clones hip. She used their small stun time to go aggro with a flurry of punches. Several landing, causing fractures to grow. They hardly managed to put up their guard through the onslaught of attack, but that was shut down by a strong push from Sofia's kick. The push sending them back, nearly losing balance causing them to once again open their guard in attempt to regain it.

Sofia threw out her finishing blow at full force, a vertical right kick from ground to air. The kick made contact with the mirrored fighters face- then through it, continuing until Sofia had made a full 360 degree rotation and planted her foot back in the ground. By the time she faced the chilly doppelgänger again, it had already crumbled.

"Thanks... Much appreciated." And appreciate she did. She'd be able take her anger out on something and more efficiently hone her skill against a fellow, or rather cloned practitioner.

She went in for a right hook- The icy double weaved beneath it and punished her with jab to the plexus. She took a few steps back in recoil.
The icy dummy paced closer with their arms up for cover- Sofia threw a few jabs to pull their guard, going for another right hook around their arms. It hardly hit due to the speed, but was mostly stopped by the frozen double who had moved their hand to stop it. They threw a jab at her nose, then followed through with several hard hits and a round house kick to the side of her head. They had drawn blood from her nose, right ear, and lip.

"Hoooo, focus..." She spat a drop of blood at the copies feet and started deep breaths through their nose and mouth. They would need to concentrate if they wanted to connect any real hits. They put their arms up in he guard stance and started shifting their feet and balance left and right. Mimicking the foot work of a boxer.

As the duplicate once again paced forward, Sofia took a quick step forward of her own. In retaliation, the ice double threw another jab once again. Sofia was quicker to react this time- weaving of too the left before pulling off a successful left hook. Causing a small crack to appear on the clones hip. She used their small stun time to go aggro with a flurry of punches. Several landing, causing fractures to grow. They hardly managed to put up their guard through the onslaught of attack, but that was shut down by a strong push from Sofia's kick. The push sending them back, nearly losing balance causing them to once again open their guard in attempt to regain it.

Sofia threw out her finishing blow at full force, a vertical right kick from ground to air. The kick made contact with the mirrored fighters face- then through it, continuing until Sofia had made a full 360 degree rotation and planted her foot back in the ground. By the time she faced the chilly doppelgänger again, it had already crumbled.
"...okay you?" Palaria asked

"I feel that. Want help?" Palaria asked, getting up to walk over to Sofia
"Oddly enough, no. Well, not right now anyway. I've noticed every time I have snapped, I made advances in my abilities. I have a feeling if I harbor that anger until the time is right, I'll make a new development that'll get us all out of this roadkill predicament we're in now. But if you could help me keep that at bay until the time is right, I wouldn't mind that."

"Oddly enough, no. Well, not right now anyway. I've noticed every time I have snapped, I made advances in my abilities. I have a feeling if I harbor that anger until the time is right, I'll make a new development that'll get us all out of this roadkill predicament we're in now. But if you could help me keep that at bay until the time is right, I wouldn't mind that."
"All right." Palaria responded, nodding, though she wanted to help now, she couldn't deny that Sofia had a somewhat solid plan, plus she was catching onto the language now too, so she could work on her sentences being less broken

"All right." Palaria responded, nodding, though she wanted to help now, she couldn't deny that Sofia had a somewhat solid plan, plus she was catching onto the language now too, so she could work on her sentences being less broken
"So, how was the food? I know it might not always sit well when you eat after abstaining from it for so long.. but it is good for you. You'll be able to fight better on a full stomach."

At the impromptu garrison of the RR,
sunset gives way to evening.

From far and near the darkened horizon, a pair of figures could at last descry the settlement. What a long journey it was but, now, at its end.

“Almost there.” Belladonna leaves a pair of words in the air, like her hair, still from her chair. ”Judging by the relative peace of this outpost, their operation went smoothly.” signaling for Ceallagh to slow down, the researcher ponders. Let's just hope that all of them are in one piece. It's too early in the planning stages to start talk of replacing assets.

Jackie was sitting quietly eating his sandwich.
1668363443531.png

At the impromptu garrison of the RR,
sunset gives way to evening.

From far and near the darkened horizon, a pair of figures could at last descry the settlement. What a long journey it was but, now, at its end.

“Almost there.” Belladonna leaves a pair of words in the air, like her hair, still from her chair. ”Judging by the relative peace of this outpost, their operation went smoothly.” signaling for Ceallagh to slow down, the researcher ponders. Let's just hope that all of them are in one piece. It's too early in the planning stages to start talk of replacing assets.
Ceallagh looked at the nearby outpost, making the chair slow down as they reached the camp.

"This is the place right?" he asked.

Ceallagh looked at the nearby outpost, making the chair slow down as they reached the camp.

"This is the place right?" he asked.
“I spot lambs that strayed from the barn.” prisoners outside their cells. Glaring lack of judgment? Or did the RR give them treatment harsh enough to engrave in the mind that all attempts at escape would lead to recapture? ”...odd.” dismissing the thought, she turns her eyes to Ceallagh. Inquiring, with expression alone, whether or not he recognized all of those new faces. Whether or not all were still there.

Not waiting for the answer, Belle stands up and moves towards the settlement. ”Correct. I shall lead you to Voyant and Mr. 0, Sir Crocodile the Leader. Your name and our meeting should be highlight of the report.”

“I spot lambs that strayed from the barn.” prisoners outside their cells. Glaring lack of judgment? Or did the RR give them treatment harsh enough to engrave in the mind that all attempts at escape would lead to recapture? ”...odd.” dismissing the thought, she turns her eyes to Ceallagh. Inquiring, with expression alone, whether or not he recognized all of those new faces. Whether or not all were still there.
"Uhuh..." he gave a look at the prisoners, seeing the faces from each of the profile. However, what's a Waterboarder doing there? What's the connection between Thrones and this monster? "Paige's face was weird when she mentioned the name 'Noah'... Perhaps it's this one she's referring to?" he sighed. "I guess the old man is finally taking the third route: my proposal..."
Not waiting for the answer, Belle stands up and moves towards the settlement. ”Correct. I shall lead you to Voyant and Mr. 0, Sir Crocodile the Leader. Your name and our meeting should be highlight of the report.”
"Be my guest..." he replied, motioning her to walk.

"I want to leave, I'm gone..." Palaria thought to herself, she wasn't above ditching the entire thing, plus she'd spent more then a decade on the run against multiple Waterboarders, so she could probably make them waste resources trying to find her let alone catch her, and since she didn't like the look of this place, it was only Sofia that was keeping her anywhere near the place

She also didn't recognize the individuals coming, so she was more on edge, and as such she simply retreated back inside to go to Sofia, not even turning or taking her eyes off of the new arrivals until she was already inside

"Uhuh..." he gave a look at the prisoners, seeing the faces from each of the profile. However, what's a Waterboarder doing there? What's the connection between Thrones and this monster? "Paige's face was weird when she mentioned the name 'Noah'... Perhaps it's this one she's referring to?" he sighed. "I guess the old man is finally taking the third route: my proposal..."

"Be my guest..." he replied, motioning her to walk.
No signs of panic or alarm. Either this man was as cold as Efrain or everything was in order. Over dead soils liable to erosion, covered in blankets of dust and dead matter, she walks uninterrupted as told. Pale moonlight her only guide. Gazes of prisoners the only audience.

“Do not play games with me, Voyant. This is Belladonna Ghez...The Demon of Laplace. I've come to make my report as told. And I know that you've been expecting me.”

She pays no apparent mind to the prisoners. Like a shepherd walking past sleeping animals. By the time her voice was heard, Belladonna was nearing the center of the RR's outpost. Her voice was loud, but no shout. Commanding but also composed.

“Don't make me elongate the prose. A rarity I know, but the news I'm bringing tonight are good. And this time, not the dragon that follows in our wake.”

Back