• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

No signs of panic or alarm. Either this man was as cold as Efrain or everything was in order. Over dead soils liable to erosion, covered in blankets of dust and dead matter, she walks uninterrupted as told. Pale moonlight her only guide. Gazes of prisoners the only audience.

“Do not play games with me, Voyant. This is Belladonna Ghez...The Demon of Laplace. I've come to make my report as told. And I know that you've been expecting me.”

She pays no apparent mind to the prisoners. Like a shepherd walking past sleeping animals. By the time her voice was heard, Belladonna was nearing the center of the RR's outpost. Her voice was loud, but no shout. Commanding but also composed.

“Don't make me elongate the prose. A rarity I know, but the news I'm bringing tonight are good. And this time, not the dragon that follows in our wake.”
(I am so tempted just to have Deathwing appear like whats up hey hello and continue with his tomfuckery)

(I won't, but it is tempting)

“Do not play games with me, Voyant. This is Belladonna Ghez...The Demon of Laplace. I've come to make my report as told. And I know that you've been expecting me.”

She pays no apparent mind to the prisoners. Like a shepherd walking past sleeping animals. By the time her voice was heard, Belladonna was nearing the center of the RR's outpost. Her voice was loud, but no shout. Commanding but also composed.

“Don't make me elongate the prose. A rarity I know, but the news I'm bringing tonight are good. And this time, not the dragon that follows in our wake.”
"What news do you bring?" Voyant's words etched in Belladonna's mind. She was amongst the few people he had to ask questions to, an odd ability lingering on her

"What news do you bring?" Voyant's words etched in Belladonna's mind. She was amongst the few people he had to ask questions to, an odd ability lingering on her
She would never get used to this feeling. Something sounding in her head like an invasion to the brain. But her answer comes regardless:

“The search for Contraband has led me into another rencounter with the dragon.” speech starts with something certain to catch Voyant's attention. “Thought a chance meeting like that on my own was the end of the line. But it was in the same battle that I came across this man. He's not one of many words, but his wish to settle a score with Deathwing is not inferior to our own.” a moment is taken to breathe. To look at the prisoners within line of sight.

“He's willing to join our cause, even subjected himself to Psych-O-Uroborus's power. All for a chance to meet with you and the Leader. Would you grant him audience?” true to her words, distortions triggered by her power were visible to the naked eye at the space Ceallagh's body filled. Leaving in full display that she could tear apart this man with the guard lowered at the blink of an eye. Ceallagh had to trust and lower his guard not as a fakeout. To truly leave his life in Belle's hands for this negotiation. The only way they might be able to fool Voyant's power.

“He's willing to join our cause, even subjected himself to Psych-O-Uroborus's power. All for a chance to meet with you and the Leader. Would you grant him audience?” true to her words, distortions triggered by her power were visible to the naked eye at the space Ceallagh's body filled. Leaving in full display that she could tear apart this man with the guard lowered at the blink of an eye. Ceallagh had to trust and lower his guard not as a fakeout. To truly leave his life in Belle's hands for this negotiation. The only way they might be able to fool Voyant's power.
"Doing the good ol' fake their trust, huh?" he thought, eyeing the Roadrunners and the prisoners.

He played along and became "fully affected" by her Contraband, even suppressing his aura from leaking and subjecting himself to her power.

Last edited:
"Doing the good ol' fake their trust, huh?" he thought, eyeing the Roadrunners and the prisoners.

He played along and became "fully affected" by her Contraband, even suppressing his aura from leaking and subjecting himself to her power.
Voyant simply looked at the leader, some words presumably appearing in his head which allowed him to make this decision.

"Keep him around, he'll be useful" he called out the rest of the gangsters

Voyant simply looked at the leader, some words presumably appearing in his head which allowed him to make this decision.

"...."

He lowered his head as he remained silent and tried his best to keep his composure.

“Others before you have presumed that they knew me, Ceallagh.” there's no follow-up. Belladonna has little time to fill with elaborate threats or one-liners. Serenely she senses around the settlement, in a way she's gauging the current distribution of the RR forces. A variety of conveyances, side by side or in straight line like a wall of metal.

A small surveillance team informed Voyant and the leader of their arrival long before they actually answered, no doubt. “Routine procedure, really.” .........were it this easy to be right under their nose unnoticed, Deathwing would have a field day every day.
"...."

He lowered his head as he remained silent and tried his best to keep his composure.
“Seems you pass. Follow me.” forgetting about any vigilant eyes that watched or ears that heard her leader's words, Belle marched forth to where his voice would guide.

“One of these vehicles will have to make do for an assembly hall.” not that covert meetings about using neutral parties as bait in personal war effort has ever been an activity that demanded a palace or decorum to be had. “If you can give them half the impression you had in store for that snake, you'll have a red carpet for a welcome by the time we are done.”

Last edited:
Throughout the whole ordeal, Darren has been stuck in the front of the truck, still strapped onto that horrific contraption, still at the edge of death at any moment and due to being stuck, has missed out on a good portion of what's been happening. The good news is, conditions have gotten far quieter and still.

"So, we're in quite a pickle" Marcy commented, standing over the truck's hood.
"You think?!" Darren asked back, trying to limit his words due to the metal positioned near his mouth.

"Yeah, I messed up badly. Don't worry, the next time won't go as badly".
"And why's that?".

"You'll see, you'll see~" Marcy explained, earning a groan of disappointment from her father

"Anyway, I suppose you're probably wondering what's been happening" she continued.

Essentially, we just got attacked by another type of waterboarders, our group had just been allowed out except for Noah and Dene, the latter is unconscious and the other is too powerful, a trader had arrived and made a deal to get Caleb a better chance, and this really creepy lady had just arrived, I sense bad things from her

"Oh, and I think they stole most of our supplies" Marcy continued.
"Great..." her father groaned.

"Well, that's just the apocalypse for ya. Desert gangsters, giant monsters, and creepy people. I thought that's what you've been preparing for?".
"It's just... I should've... I can't... Just, let me think for a bit".

"Alright, I have to warn another" Marcy said before disappearing, sending herself somewhere distant. Back in the truck where the prisoners were held, she reappeared once more, finding the guard there presumably talking to another outside. Which is where Noah was found, still sitting in her cell.

"Hey there, Noah was it?" Marcy greeted

Noah was turned away on the dark side of the cell with her back to Marcy, probably too irritated to talk to anyone or was sleeping, though the latter is highly unlikely.

Noah was turned away on the dark side of the cell with her back to Marcy, probably too irritated to talk to anyone or was sleeping, though the latter is highly unlikely.
"Look, we've had our differences before but just warning you, watch out for the pink hair lady. I think she's supposed to be one of these guys' researchers. Try to keep a low profile, tell the same to that boyfriend of yours" Marcy warned

“Seems you pass. Follow me.” forgetting about any vigilant eyes that watched or ears that heard her leader's words, Belle marched forth to where his voice would guide.

“One of these vehicles will have to make do for an assembly hall.” not that covert meetings about using neutral parties as bait in personal war effort has ever been an activity that demanded a palace or decorum to be had. “If you can give them half the impression you had in store for that snake, you'll have a red carpet for a welcome by the time we are done.”
"Hmm, seriously? Alright then" the leader said to Voyant before turning his attention to Lewis and Bella.

"The new one shall be assigned to the Eastern truck. For now, he may walk among us freely"

"Hmm, seriously? Alright then" the leader said to Voyant before turning his attention to Lewis and Bella.

"The new one shall be assigned to the Eastern truck. For now, he may walk among us freely"
"...."

He's... somewhat confused. There had been some doubts about Belladonna's goals, and what is that she's trying to achieve. But given there's isn't anyone getting hurt.

"I'm fine with it..." he thought, and went to see what Bella wants to show him.

“Nothing else that you wish to know? Very well. Expect a complete report by tomorrow's morning.” she stood ready for a summon or any questions up to this moment, but if she was dismissed there was nothing left to keep the woman in this particular post. Her once crossed arms separated, she was about ready to turn and leave for a long overdue sating of her curiosity.
"...."

He's... somewhat confused. There had been some doubts about Belladonna's goals, and what is that she's trying to achieve. But given there's isn't anyone getting hurt.

"I'm fine with it..." he thought, and went to see what Bella wants to show him.
“Yes? No more questions asked means that Voyant already knows all he wants of you...for now, at least. Consider yourself lucky that you were measured and not found wanting. Unlike the lambs I'm off to meet, presumably.” once more, Belladonna was ready to take her leave. “Why not take in the sights while you still have the time? If what you have in mind are questions, the ones within would have better answers. But I won't stop you from following me if it's what you want.”

“Yes? No more questions asked means that Voyant already knows all he wants of you...for now, at least. Consider yourself lucky that you were measured and not found wanting. Unlike the lambs I'm off to meet, presumably.” once more, Belladonna was ready to take her leave. “Why not take in the sights while you still have the time? If what you have in mind are questions, the ones within would have better answers. But I won't stop you from following me if it's what you want.”
Ceallagh remained silent and followed her, all without even making any strange face nor sound.

Ceallagh remained silent and followed her, all without even making any strange face nor sound.
“Suit yourself.” resuming her stride, Belladonna traversed her way around the camp. No name was in her mind but there were a number of options to pick from. “If you don't have any suggestions, those seem like a good place to start.” she points towards two. One a woman with a body covered in scars, another the girl whose eyes briefly met Belle's own as she brought Lewis to the center of this settlement.

If no objections are raised, Belle will approach Sofia first. In all probability, she felt like this would be a more promising back-and-forth.

Last edited:
“Suit yourself.” resuming her stride, Belladonna traversed her way around the camp. No name was in her mind but there were a number of options to pick from. “If you don't have any suggestions, those seem like a good place to start.” she points towards two. One a woman with a body covered in scars, another the girl whose eyes briefly met Belle's own as she brought Lewis to the center of this settlement.

If no objections are raised, Belle will approach Sofia first. In all probability, she felt like this would be a more promising back-and-forth.
Sofia had taken a seat. She was holding ice cubes against the back of their neck to cool off

Sofia had taken a seat. She was holding ice cubes against the back of their neck to cool off
“Training is good form for someone in your situation.” the woman in red speaks once close enough that her voice would need not be raised. “Suppose that I can skip on the introductions after saying my name loud and clear mere moments ago. What about you?”

“Training is good form for someone in your situation.” the woman in red speaks once close enough that her voice would need not be raised. “Suppose that I can skip on the introductions after saying my name loud and clear mere moments ago. What about you?”
"It's Sofia. Though I won't complain if you call me whatever." She stood. She wanted to take a more formal position before engaging in conversation.

"It's Sofia. Though I won't complain if you call me whatever." She stood. She wanted to take a more formal position before engaging in conversation.
One whole head of difference in height. “Maybe I should have brought higher heels. Would make it easier to look you in the eyes.” or maybe she would need to levitate. “And that, I'm still deciding. But your willingness to talk makes things easier. Say....Do you know why you're here?”

One whole head of difference in height. “Maybe I should have brought higher heels. Would make it easier to look you in the eyes.” or maybe she would need to levitate. “And that, I'm still deciding. But your willingness to talk makes things easier. Say....Do you know why you're here?”
"Hmhm, you're funny. I can crouch if ya' want." They jested
"Anyway, I'm not entirely sure. I assume to do the hard work for these thugs."

"Hmhm, you're funny. I can crouch if ya' want." They jested
"Anyway, I'm not entirely sure. I assume to do the hard work for these thugs."
Belle's expression remains and about as neutral as before. There's an unspoken tension. A quiet, serene lagoon of the mind where an answer lies, left unsaid. But instead, “I would advise you not to get too familiar.” and no elaboration is given, as usual. “Either way, your sincerity is appreciated. So none of you were told anything of this group's nemesis....Of Deathwing.”

Belle's expression remains and about as neutral as before. There's an unspoken tension. A quiet, serene lagoon of the mind where an answer lies, left unsaid. But instead, “I would advise you not to get too familiar.” and no elaboration is given, as usual. “Either way, your sincerity is appreciated. So none of you were told anything of this group's nemesis....Of Deathwing.”
The "loud" silence where an answer should have been seemed to have some effect on her. Uncomfortable? Awkwardness? Nervousness? It wasn't very clear with her.
"I can't... I can't say I have heard of a Deathwing.. If I did, I must have forgotten." Her usually joking tone was now more quiet and sheepish.

The "loud" silence where an answer should have been seemed to have some effect on her. Uncomfortable? Awkwardness? Nervousness? It wasn't very clear with her.
"I can't... I can't say I have heard of a Deathwing.. If I did, I must have forgotten."
“No, you must have heard someone, something about him.” the researcher insists, walking closer...closer still until she's past Sofia. Until their backs are turned to each other. “A word that is no code name, no metaphor or title to allegory. Word of a Dragon. That is the waterboarder. That, is Deathwing. As much the reason for your predicament now as it has been ours, for a long time.”

“No, you must have heard someone, something about him.” the researcher insists, walking closer...closer still until she's past Sofia. Until their backs are turned to each other. “A word that is no code name, no metaphor or title to allegory. Word of a Dragon. That is the waterboarder. That, is Deathwing. As much the reason for your predicament now as it has been ours, for a long time.”
Sofia was very still as she closed in. She was sweating, but it wasn't from the heat of the desert. That much was clear.
"You remind me of a friend... but you're different, and I can't put my finger on what that is... I'm being dead honest with you, sister. I haven't heard much talk about a Deathwing. I may have overheard talk about a Dragon, but not much. Sorry to.. disappoint."

Sofia was very still as she closed in. She was sweating, but it wasn't from the heat of the desert. That much was clear.
"You remind me of a friend... but you're different, and I can't put my finger on what that is... I'm being dead honest with you, sister. I haven't heard much talk about a Deathwing. I may have overheard talk about a Dragon, but not much. Sorry to.. disappoint."
“Then you should choose your friends better.” once more she speaks, once more without looking back at the addresse. Expression made as much mystery as thoughts. Then she sneers. ”You don't seem to be lying. And if you were, someone would have pried your head open by now to find out the secret. These coworkers of mine aren't big on manners.” Belladonna tapers her lips, a click of her tongue is heard. Follows a second. A third, a fourth even. “Suppose you won't mind if I put you on message relaying duty to your friends, then.” with this sentence comes the implication that Sofia has no right to refuse.
With talk about Deathwing, Palaria began shifting awkwardly. Whatever she called shoes rubbing against eachother
“Palaria.” hers is a name that has been on Belle's list of acquaintances for some time. “What's the matter? Have you seen any signs of him in my absence?” come to think of it, Deathwing had spoken of her in this very same day. But Belladonna wasn't sure if this was the best time to mention it. First a test to the waters.

Last edited:
“Palaria.” hers is a name that has been on Belle's list of acquaintances for some time. “What's the matter? Have you seen any signs of him in my absence?” come to think of it, Deathwing had spoken of her in this very same day. But Belladonna wasn't sure if this was the best time to mention it. First a test to the waters.
"...yes." Palaria said honestly

“Then you should choose your friends better.” once more she speaks, once more without looking back at the addresse. Expression made as much mistery as thoughts. Then she sneers. ”You don't seem to be lying. And if you were, someone would have pried your head open by now to find out the secret. These coworkers of mine aren't big on manners.” Belladonna tapers her lips, a click of her tongue is heard. Follows a second. A third, a fourth even. “Suppose you won't mind if I put you on message relaying duty to your friends, then.” with this sentence comes the implication that Sofia has no right to refuse.
"N-No, not at all.." She was surprisingly willing for someone who didn't care for working with the RR to any capacity.

“No, you must have heard someone something about him.” the researcher insists, walking closer...closer still until she's past Sofia. Until their backs are turned to each other. “A word that is no code name, no metaphor or title to allegory. Word of a Dragon. That is the waterboarder. That, is Deathwing. As much the reason for your predicament now as it has been ours, for a long time.”
"Right, what she said."

Ceallagh turned his head towards the Roadrunner leaders, being reminded of what he came for.

"N-No, not at all.." She was surprisingly willing for someone who didn't care for working with the RR to any capacity.
“You have been giving the correct answers from the moment I began asking questions. I don't know if this is an attempt to earn favor, but it's of use.” there was truth to this. She couldn't be bothered with talking to the members of THRONES one by one. It was fortunate to find someone who would talk and listen without any need to force her hand with the RR's brand of discipline. “In that case,”
"...yes." Palaria said honestly
Belladonna was about to motion for Sofia to come with her. But this word had the power to give her pause. And pause she did.
“I am listening.”

“You have been giving the correct answers from the moment I began asking questions. I don't know if this is an attempt to earn favor, but it's of use.” there was truth to this. She couldn't be bothered with talking to the members of THRONES one by one. It was fortunate to find someone who would talk and listen without any need to force her hand with the RR's brand of discipline. “In that case,”

Belladonna was about to motion for Sofia to come with her. But this word had the power to give her pause. And pause she did.
“I am listening.”
Sofia had no answer. She used the time Belladonna's interest was turned to her frail friend to recollect her thoughts. She held her hands in front of her. They were clammy, jittery, and it wasn't a result of the ice. Thoughts started racing through her head-
"What the hell is going on with me... this lady, she's... something about her... I'm not shy am I? No, it must be the ice. I never clam up or shake this bad otherwise... yeah, that must be it..."
She had convinced herself it must be the ice. It was the only conclusion she could bring herself to believe.

“I am listening.”
"He follow the Caravan for hours, may be here now" Palaria explained, clearly, she didn't care about the fate of this place or most of the people in it, hence why she didn't say anything earlier

Back