• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"That was another successful one. Thank you for the opportunity" Tidebreaker said, walking out of the leader's truck.

The leader also stepped out, viewing the damages done to his crew. Relatively minimal compared to many other fights his crew had engaged in which is a great sight. A sight made strange when Voyant returned with a number of printed documents though for those in the know, it signaled the arrival of a particular fellow.

"Again?! He was here just 2 weeks ago!" the leader complained.
"Usually it's 2 and a half weeks, not too far off as a deviation. As an added bonus, we've suffered a number of damages which will require specialized parts" Voyant's voice was heard in his head, before being heard in the heads of others.

"Cover your mouths".

Just in time, smoke began to pour from the sky, obscuring the fire for just a moment as coughs and wheezes could be heard. Among it however, one can also hear a faint whistle, almost imperceptible to the average person, making way for when the smoke finally cleared, a pack of wolves standing in the middle of the circle with a familiar man commanding them.

"Hello, roadrunners!" George greeted

Caleb let out a few coughs before looking up towards the voice. The voice sounded familiar... and then it clicked.
"George..?"

Sofia had lifted their shirt over her face as a makeshift gas mask

Approaching the leader with his usual smile, George reviewed the documents gathered up by Voyant.

"Hmm, that's significantly thinner than before? What happened?" he asked.
"I've sensed something that may be of importance to you" Voyant "commented".

Among the documents is the list of prisoners which among them was that all too familiar name

"Caleb Mitchelle".

"His safety will be elevated should you allow us to take a quarter of your sold supplies for free" the leader offered.
"Hmm, I suppose I'll have to make sure of that, do I? How about this, you can take a third of my supplies for your offer as well as allowing me to stay around without any strings attached" George offered.

"Hmmph, what do you see Voyant?" the leader asked, getting a thumbs up from the hunched man.

"Alright, don't slow us down".

George nodded along before calling in his wolves with a whistle, the second one bringing forth a smaller one who stood further than the rest.

"They don't really have much space so you'll have to stay without me. Ruby, you're in charge" he explained, the wolf sitting down to listen before leading the rest of the pack off. Smoke once again descended from the sky and once it was over, George was the only one left. With that, a guard was sent to the prison truck...

"Didn't think I'd be seeing you again any time soon.." Caleb commented. They give him a bit of a mean gaze with crossed arms
"It's been a busy few days. Also Yang was injured while bringing my last note, apparently some cuckoo flew into her. Apologies for the silence" George explained

"It's been a busy few days. Also Yang was injured while bringing my last note, apparently some cuckoo flew into her. Apologies for the silence" George explained
"I was more upset with the whole shooting at me and my friends last time we met than that..."
Palaria looked out of the caravan from fhe top, trying to identify the area
"What's your deal?" Sofia pulled her shirt back down after the smoke cleared

"Look, you fit in with your crew and I fit in with mine. I'm in no way in any position to openly defy him"
"I would've hoped you at least pulled your punches on an ex-teammate. Especially one you're swapping details with." They let out a sigh
"No interaction. No learning." Palaria tried to explain
"No interactions? You been secluded your whole life or somethin'?"

"I would've hoped you at least pulled your punches on an ex-teammate. Especially one you're swapping details with." They let out a sigh

"No interactions? You been secluded your whole life or somethin'?"
Palaria nodded, she pulled herself out and dropped down, the rags she called clothes covering what her form really looked like but from her hands she was skinny, even malnourished "yes..."

Palaria nodded, she pulled herself out and dropped down, the rags she called clothes covering what her form really looked like but from her hands she was skinny, even malnourished "yes..."
"Ah.." Sofia awkwardly scratched at the back of her head
"Sorry about that. Hope that's not a touchy topic for you. I'm all for helping others get some hands on experience if you're interested."
"Well, I'm sorry"
"Apology dubiously accepted."

"Ah.." Sofia awkwardly scratched at the back of her head
"Sorry about that. Hope that's not a touchy topic for you. I'm all for helping others get some hands on experience if you're interested."
"Apology dubiously accepted."
"It not." Palaria said with a nod and a smile "need help?" She asked

"It not." Palaria said with a nod and a smile "need help?" She asked
"Sadly I don't think there's much you can do to help my current situation. If you could, I'd have taken care of things by now. But I can help you with "field experience". You said you lacked interactions, yeah? Wouldn't mind helping you get accustomed to the world. What do ya' say?" She puts out her hand for a shake.

"Sadly I don't think there's much you can do to help my current situation. If you could, I'd have taken care of things by now. But I can help you with "field experience". You said you lacked interactions, yeah? Wouldn't mind helping you get accustomed to the world. What do ya' say?" She puts out her hand for a shake.
Palaria looked at the hand, clearly confused as to what the gesture meant "yes?" She said

Palaria grabbed it with her right hand, her form was absolutely awful, but she quickly corrected it
Sofia raised her hands so their elbows made contact. She then tightens her grip, not to be painful, but firm. Her toned bicep flexing as she did.
"This makes us friends. You know what that one means at least, right?"

Palaria observed, while her predictions were mostly capable of seeing what Waterboarders were going to do, this was great experience to get down the machinations of the human body from an observers' standpoint

Palaria observed, while her predictions were mostly capable of seeing what Waterboarders were going to do, this was great experience to get down the machinations of the human body from an observers' standpoint
"Might be good to try picking up on some of this. Why don't you try mimicking a few if you can. As long as you're quiet enough for me to focus I don't mind."

Jackie watched the conversation about the captain and the mystery one dude, then there was that other guy, he was confused as hell about what is happen

"Well, anyway I'm going to get some water" He said as he walked in search of a glass, his throat was dry

"I survive another day..." Palaria responded, shaking her head, clearly she was all too used to the feeling of extreme hunger, for better or worse as her shoulders slouching revealed more of just how skinny she was
"Cmon, cut the bullshit, go grab a bite. You clearly need it. I ain't gonna throw a fit if you go to eat for a bit. It'll be hard to be friends if you die of starvation you know?"

Back