• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Deathwing laughed, before opening his mouth as if to speak

The strategy was almost immediately shut down as the tag was destroyed, nullified entirely
“Won't talk. Won't stay silent either. Problematic.” contrary to the implication in her words, she is not upset. Observant, rather. Deathwing was outside her range and engaged Ceallagh in combat. “I have a theory or two...but there are things that take precedence in my list to test.”
The tag refused to dissipate— no, it was more so unaffected by the attempt of Deathwing trying to destroy it.
“Q.E.D., that man's ability.”

On cue, there is an air impulse. No, that's wrong. Already there. It always had been. The atmosphere reverberates like thunder. Stronger than any thunder. The sound of airspace being torn at the seams with blinding speeds. To control motion is to control the world. In the wake of overwhelming pressure, space's contents are at first repulsed and then dragged. Air expands before compressing. Smaller. More air. Less space. Even more air. Even less space.

“I told you from the start, didn't I? This was never a fight. It's a lesson in discipline. Compressing air is the same as storing energy for future use. Deathwing avoided me...and that works just fine. I'd love to do a Volte-Face and help, Ceallagh. Really would. But I have a meeting to attend to. Adieu and play nice.”

...where was she? God only knows. Their battle gave Belle needed time to vanish from sight, while that sphere continued to compress the air to extents unbound. Now and just as she got out of range, that power released on its own. A deafening shockwave. At first there is no light. One blink later, it's the only thing there is as the heat ignites every material that can burn through the vast wastelands.

Force and heat lay waste to all. Not enough to kill the monster nor something that Ceallagh couldn't respond to. But enough distraction to leave the Dragon's sight until their next meeting. She's gone.

“Won't talk. Won't stay silent either. Problematic.” contrary to the implication in her words, she is not upset. Observant, rather. Deathwing was outside her range and engaged Ceallagh in combat. “I have a theory or two...but there are things that take precedence in my list to test.”

“Q.E.D., that man's ability.”

On cue, there is an air impulse. No, that's wrong. Already there. It always had been. The atmosphere reverberates like thunder. Stronger than any thunder. The sound of airspace being torn at the seams with blinding speeds. To control motion is to control the world. In the wake of overwhelming pressure, space's contents are at first repulsed and then dragged. Air expands before compressing. Smaller. More air. Less space. Even more air. Even less space.

“I told you from the start, didn't I? This was never a fight. It's a lesson in discipline. Compressing air is the same as storing energy for future use. Deathwing avoided me...and that works just fine. I'd love to do a Volte-Face and help, Ceallagh. Really would. But I have a meeting to attend to. Adieu and play nice.”

...where was she? God only knows. Their battle gave Belle needed time to vanish from sight, while that sphere continued to compress the air to extents untold. Now and just as she got out of range, that power released on its own. A deafening shockwave. At first there is no light. One blink later, it's the only thing there is as the heat ignites every material that can burn through the vast wastelands.

Force and heat lay waste to all. Not enough to kill the monster nor something that Ceallagh couldn't respond to. But enough distraction to leave the Dragon's sight, until their next meeting. She's gone.
As the woman makes her way to the gang, something else followed through. Breaking into the force and heat, it was Ceallagh who was beside her.

"You sure are on a hurry..."

Was it sheer speed? Was this one of his many eccentric abilities? Only he knows. However, the "Ceallagh" that was fighting the winged creature, remained in the place where she left.

As the woman makes her way to the gang, something else followed through. Breaking into the force and heat, it was Ceallagh who was beside her.

"You sure are on a hurry..."

Was it sheer speed? Was this one of his many eccentric abilities? Only he knows. However, the "Ceallagh" that was fighting the winged creature, remained in the place where she left.
Far. Far away from the aftermath of her own plans, Belladonna continued to move. A few more unsteady steps forward. Her walking stops. An attack of the magnitude of what she just did wasn't kind on her mind and body. To say nothing of the self-protective measures. A splitting headache found home in the back of her head, rent-free. While her thoughts were still being collected...Ceallagh made his presence known a second time.

“Because I somehow knew that you would catch up.” she grins through the pain, but her eyes remain closed.

"Aughgya"

The man couldn't speak properly, having been deluded and struck with countless blows, it would take a miracle for him to recover so quickly.
Noah wanted to go to Dene but she was trapped in this cell, she was touching the bars, she knew well that if she tried anything then she was very sure that they would eliminate her or anyone, that made her blood boil.

Far. Far away from the aftermath of her own plans, Belladonna continued to move. A few more unsteady steps forward. Her walking stops. An attack of the magnitude of what she just did wasn't kind on her mind and body. To say nothing of the self-protective measures. A splitting headache found home in the back of her head, rent-free. While her thoughts were still being collected...Ceallagh made his presence known a second time.

“Because I somehow knew that you would catch up.” she grins through the pain, but her eyes remain closed.
"Besides that, you don't... seem fine..."

Ceallagh didn't bother trying to argue about him "catching up", it was something he does daily. Although the sight of her getting hurt from using her ability does bring a slight hint of concern.

"God, in the condition they left me in they may as well have killed me there..." Caleb was just kinda laying around I their cage. Their limbs still in a battered state.

Sofia just sat in their cage quietly. Sitting down with their head resting in their knees. It wasn't clear if this was her slowly losing it, or strategizing. Perhaps a bit of both?

"Besides that, you don't... seem fine..."

Ceallagh didn't bother trying to argue about him "catching up", it was something he does daily. Although the sight of her getting hurt from using her ability does bring a slight hint of concern.
“A theory verified. But no matter how you look at it, it would be stranger if I were as fine as you are.” barely had she started to dust her prized clothes and rain began. Not of water, but debris. Airborne substances from the blast's aftermath gradually falling back in dust and fragments, even when this far away from where it all started. Like a visual paradox of charred snowflakes. As usual, an invisible force wouldn't allow any of it to reach the perpetrator. “Nevermind my mind. It only happens when I try to be on a level playing field with monsters. And I have good reason for hurrying.”

Last edited:
“A theory verified. But no matter how you look at it, it would be stranger if I were as fine as you are.” barely had she started to dust her prized clothes and rain began. Not of water, but debris. Airborne substances from the blast's aftermath gradually falling back in dust and fragments, even when this far away from where it all started. Like a visual paradox of charred snowflakes. As usual, an invisible force wouldn't allow any of it to reach the perpetrator.
"The line doesn't work here..." Ceallagh replied , brushing of the compliment.
“Nevermind my mind. It only happens when I try to be on a level playing field with monsters. And I have good reason for hurrying.”
The rooster-necklaced man summoned a floating chair right under her, replying with a reassuring tone, "Why don't you let me lead and take me to where it is you're going?"

"The line doesn't work here..." Ceallagh replied , brushing of the compliment.

The rooster-necklaced man summoned a floating chair right under her, replying with a reassuring tone, "Why don't you let me lead and take me to where it is you're going?"
It takes a dubious inspection, but Belle accepts the promise of comfort and sits on that floating chair. “For twenty years I wondered how he felt. Now I know.” clasped hands and nostalgia. “But now, to business. From here I must rejoin the Roadrunners. There are set coordinates for our next meeting. It would be reassuring to have you when that happens, but don't you think that is also a risky ploy? Remember your allies. If they grow suspicious of anything, they won't hesitate to use them as hostages.”

Rizzuto sat in his cell in silence contemplating all the stuff they had to go through these past few days while on this mission all the bullshit they had to put up with at this point and it made him angry, and that anger got him thinking so he began trying to come up with a way to break everyone out and get the **** out of doge.

It takes a dubious inspection, but Belle accepts the promise of comfort and sits on that floating chair. “For twenty years I wondered how he felt. Now I know.” clasped hands and nostalgia. “But now, to business. From here I must rejoin the Roadrunners. There are set coordinates for our next meeting. It would be reassuring to have you when that happens, but don't you think that is also a risky ploy? Remember your allies. If they grow suspicious of anything, they won't hesitate to use them as hostages.”
"I... doubt it, I'm sure they have some plan cooking up... Efrain wouldn't be trusting weaklings if he doesn't see their potential..." Ceallagh replied, having the chair slowly take off, with Lewis fly alongside her.

"I... doubt it, I'm sure they have some plan cooking up... Efrain wouldn't be trusting weaklings if he doesn't see their potential..." Ceallagh replied, having the chair slowly take off, with Lewis fly alongside her.
“Your means of travel are most avant-garde.” Having an outrider to talk along the way wasn't so bad. Accepting his proposal, Belladonna continued to give Lewis directions as they talked. “Of their strength I have no doubts. What I question is the brain,” her head was shaking. “Whoever tried their hand at communications, you should have a word with them if we all make it out of this alive. But let's talk of the present. Once we arrive at our destination...what is your intended course of action?” her way of speaking made clear that Belle had her own plans. Yet she wanted to hear his first.

Last edited:
“Your means of travel are most avant-garde.” Having an outrider to talk along the way wasn't so bad.
"I'll be taking that as a compliment...."

Ceallagh continued to fly her along the chair as his so-called "bizarre " method of transportation takes them to the desired location.
Accepting his proposal, Belladonna continued to give Lewis directions as they talked. “Of their strength I have no doubts. What I question is the brain,” her head was shaking. “Whoever tried their hand at communications, you should have a word with them if we all make out of this alive. But let's talk of the present. Once we arrive at our destination...what is your intended course of action?” her way of speaking made clear that Belle had her own plans. Yet she wanted to hear his first.
"My guess would be to have you talk to these Roadrunners of yours in the hopes you can make a deal. I take down the dragon you guys want to kill in exchange for them giving the group back..."

Ceallagh had his fail safes should the gang retaliates. Though at this point, it would be meaningless to fight another one of their kind, having to deal with a world-ending priest all the more makes it up for the inconveniences it caused him.

"My guess would be to have you talk to these Roadrunners of yours in the hopes you can make a deal. I take down the dragon you guys want to kill in exchange for them giving the group back..."

Ceallagh had his fail safes should the gang retaliates. Though at this point, it would be meaningless to fight another one of their kind, having to deal with a world-ending priest all the more makes it up for the inconveniences it caused him.
“Answer the next question honestly. From the battle just now...think you could do it on your own?” her eyes are piercing, the voice calm. As if to verify a theory, there is something that she wants to ascertain.

Last edited:
“Answer the next question honestly. From the battle just now...think you could do it on your own?” her eyes are piercing, the voice calm. As if verifying a theory, there is something that she wants to ascertain.
"If I want to, yeah..." Ceallagh replied nonchalantly before yawning, promptly covering his mouth. "But I'm more so interested in studying it than anything... Sure, fighting Waterboarders are nice and all. But if there's no end to them, the meaning of it just disappears. It's best to find a prevention than cure..."

"If I want to, yeah..." Ceallagh replied nonchalantly before yawning, promptly covering his mouth. "But I'm more so interested in studying it than anything... Sure, fighting Waterboarders are nice and all. But if there's no end to them, the meaning of it just disappears. It's best to find a prevention than cure..."
“Straightforward. That works.” one answer, more questions. Without exception, they are archived in her mind. Only later will conclusions be drawn. “Cure and disease are intertwined concepts. I'll do anything it takes to find the answer, even if it means having this around my neck to the last of my days.” removing one of her gloves, Belladonna grabs hold of her own slender neck. Of the Psych-O-Uroboros, dormant for the moment. Hers was a hand with wounds. Scarred from cold, from blade, from burns. Not what the world would expect of someone her age.

But it was the hand of a human from this age.

“No end, huh. We live and die in the attempt of putting one to this. But I'll be happy to hear more of your theory once we meet with the Roadrunners. I'll put in a good word for you...in exchange, do the same for me once it's time for Henosis, my future superior.”

“Straightforward. That works.” one answer, more questions. Without exception, they are archived in her mind. Only later will conclusions be drawn. “Cure and disease are intertwined concepts. I'll do anything it takes to find the answer, even if it means having this around my neck to the last of my days.” removing one of her gloves, Belladonna grabs hold of her own slender neck. Of the Psych-O-Uroboros, dormant for the moment. Hers was a hand with wounds. Scarred from cold, from blade, from burns. Not what the world would expect of someone her age.
"It is a necessity, but for the most part, I'd like to use the dragon as a leverage... Killing it now would make my claim easily falsifiable..."
But it was the hand of a human from this age.

“No end, huh. We live and die in the attempt of putting one to this. But I'll be happy to hear more of your theory once we meet with the Roadrunners. I'll put in a good word for you...in exchange, do the same for me once it's time for Henosis, my future superior.”
"You kids grow so excited nowadays, even at this time of the year..." he snickered.

"It is a necessity, but for the most part, I'd like to use the dragon as a leverage... Killing it now would make my claim easily falsifiable..."

"You kids grow so excited nowadays, even at this time of the year..." he snickered.
Belle furrowed her eyebrows. What could this he looks 30 but actually he is 59 man mean?
“Not wrong. With the things I've just witnessed...I am rediscovering enthusiasm.”
The flight continues. Destination: The Roadrunners.

Meanwhile jack was lost in his thoughts in the jail contemplating his life and how it ended up in this situation
(Please delete this. I have another comment. Remember, Jack is getting taken somewhere else)

Jack and Darren find themselves taken away from the rest of the group, going further away from the truck holding them where they're split away once again. Jack was thrown into a separate truck, this one without any cells, the people inside seemingly free to walk around with their weapons. The gangsters taking him showed him a metal ball before whistling, a small burst of energy expanding from it. He then slammed the ball into Jack's head, seemingly phasing it inside.

"Do anything suspicious, and that blows" the gangster threatened before leaving him inside and closing the door behind him.

Meanwhile Darren was taken to the truck that started it all, finding it littered with various memorabilia of contrabands and outfits with names listed below it. Voyant went along with him, another gangster walking along with a tray of devices which resemble a mass of straps and metal pieces. Before it could be picked up, the hunched man stopped him before reaching into a separate part of the tray, finding the actual device there, much to the confusion of the gangster who was quickly sent away.

Darren watched in confusion as Voyant looked around before turning his attention to him. Despite not moving his mouth, the hunched man's "voice" could seemingly be heard which said.

"You have quite an interesting bond with that swarm. We'll consider how to use it in the future but for now, we'll have to contain it" the voice said as the device is placed on Darren, straps wrapping around his limbs and quickly immobilizing him, the metal parts pointing at various joints and vital organs with one even covering his mouth.

"Do anything of suspicion and you'll die a horrid painful death".

A number of gangsters carried Darren to a ladder which led outside the truck. Continuing on, they were able to reach the front of the truck, the device's straps sticking him there. Once there, he got to watch as the rest of the roadrunners finished their preparations and are already inside their vehicles. With that done, the leader rose at the top of his truck to yell.

"Alright, WE LEAVE SOUTH!".

The sound of roaring engines are heard in response as dust flew behind, the roadrunners are off once again

There was someone else aside this gang of madmen that teavel in this devasted World

"apparently we stopped, and then we moved, something happened, I just hope it doesn't mean we're close to that thing" Jackie say, knowing that this is the place where people who have arrived are chosen to be part of the gang or die. If you ask him, he'd tell you he didn't want to be here

Last edited:
There was someone else aside this gang of madmen that teavel in this devasted World

"apparently we stopped, and then we moved, something happened, I just hope it doesn't mean we're close to that thing" Jackie say, knowing that this is the place where people who have arrived are chosen to be part of the gang or die. If you ask him, he'd tell you he didn't want to be here
Deathwing had reduced his size, having taken a physical form to track the Roadrunners more directly, he was silent, having also gotten rid of the mark placed on him seemingly through tearing it off of everything even remotely related to him...

"...yes." a small female voice said, coming from a form in the corner of the room, the only thing visible about her besides the rags was dirty purple hair, her face was entirely covered, as if hiding

...yes." a small female voice said, coming from a form in the corner of the room, the only thing visible about her besides the rags was dirty purple hair, her face was entirely covered, as if hiding

"Eventually they will discard us sooner or later, I think I'll not know how pizza tastes before I die" Jackie said, he began to play with a small rock

Back