• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Damian walks into the room Tessa's in, his helmet still on, he claps once before pointing at Tessa with both hands. "I have a question for you." Damian says.

The group of survivors were lined up as the leader descended from his truck, seemingly walking perfectly fine despite previously getting crushed, blood still staining his armor. Raising his radiophone, he called out.

"Alright Void, release the Energy Blade girl".

Valentina finds herself released next to her allies who are all under threat of gunfire, as was she.

"Listen up, mucksucking vermin! Say goodbye to any silence for the roaring engine will be all you hear! Say goodbye to any stability for we'll always be on the run! And say goodbye to your safety for the dragon will always hunt you down... Here, the Roadrunners will make sure you'll be of use!" the leader explained while walking in front of the group, a hunched man walking by his side, wielding a stick. The leader stopped in his tracks, looking at the hunched man despite no sound or movement done.

"You're right, Voyant. There's way too many of them" the leader said, pulling out a mace and pointing it at Darren.

"Let's get rid of the weakest!".

At this display, Voyant seemingly froze in fear before quickly grabbing the leader, almost getting hit in the process. Seeing the hunched man in such distress, the leader stopped his agression.

"What?! The guy doesn't even have contraband on him!" he asked. In response, Voyant made a gesture with his staff, stunning his superior for a moment and once snapping out of it, he stumbled for just a moment and began looking around before looking back at the group.

"Fine, your choice"
"Oh hello, is something wrong?" Tessa asked.

Voyant walked in front of the group, observing each of them for just a second before returning to the leader who begins nodding. Turning to his men, he called.

"Take those two!".

Caleb and Jack found themselves taken by the gangsters, tossed down in front of their group.

"Fire and ice?! We've got at least 10 of em, 7 of which we fed to the ******* dragon! " the leader said to Jack before turning to Caleb.

"And as for you, we don't need any more support. We need something that can kill...".

Turning to the rest of the group, the leader rested his mace over his shoulder.

"Since it's your team, I'll let ya choose whose mouth gets fed. Better be quick, cause I'd prefer having less..." he said
Dene slowly wakes up, only to find himself restrained by something.

"Shit! Son of a bitch!"

He tried to wriggle out but it was pointless. Instead, he looked for any spot at escaping, hoping to see any sort of thing that could help them get out. Yet again, there was none.

Noah looked at these guys, looking for the one she communicated in the Radio tower, her hatred starting to rise.
He looked at Noah, wanting to save her from getting hurt. He knows he's weak, he knows that more than anything else. Having traveled out here with the hopes of getting an easy way out was unfortunately not handed to him. Now in this predicament, he starts to think of some plan, but for now... All he needs to do is to wait.

Valentina still held one blade in her hand. Though she didn't move. She wasn't afraid of gunfire, but if she did move, her entire platoon would be gunned down.
"How about you kill neither. There's a safer option."

"Ca-Caleb." stuttered Rizzuto as he tried to get up to go run and help him but was caught by his restraints.
Noah looked at these guys, looking for the one she communicated in the Radio tower, her hatred starting to rise.
Valentina still held one blade in her hand. Though she didn't move. She wasn't afraid of gunfire, but if she did move, her entire platoon would be gunned down.
"How about you kill neither. There's a safer option."
"Caleb..." Sofia muttered. She got along well with him for the short time she's spent with him.
He looked at Noah, wanting to save her from getting hurt. He knows he's weak, he knows that more than anything else. Having traveled out here with the hopes of getting an easy way out was unfortunately not handed to him. Now in this predicament, he starts to think of some plan, but for now... All he needs to do is to wait.
Darren remained silent, unable to choose as he had only met them recently. Hearing the others' choice, he decided to just go along with them and mutter "Caleb".

"Well then! Looks like you've all made your choice... Isn't it sad, fire guy? Your team would rather have you dead! Did you ever do something to deserve this? Could be the little things, maybe you snore louder, maybe you eat messily, maybe you didn't fight as hard" the leader taunted Jack, kicking him down.

"Or maybe you're just another weak replaceable goon".

The leader turned to look at the group, a sick smile on his face, almost as if he was holding back his laughter as he shuffled away from Jack.

"Poor poor Jack, cursed with contraband as common as dirt, cared and loved by none, stuck with a team that'll throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat, spat on even by lady luck. Life's just not fair, isn't it?" he said, raising his mace.

"Life's just not fair"

The leader quickly struck the dirt next to Jack's head, causing him to flinch for a moment before getting nudged down to stare at his team. A chuckle was heard from the crowd with more and more of the gangsters joining them, the chuckles turning to laughter which is joined by their leader.

"Congratulations Jack! I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Each and every man here is an unloved uncared unlucky misfit. And while I won't cut you slack just for that, your future looks brighter than those traitorous 'friends' you got. So rejoice! You've got a chance!"

Last edited:
"We need to go to the meeting room, I have something to discuss with Efrain..." Paige replied.
As they head to the meeting room, they hear a conversation going on- or at least, about to end when they arrive at the scene.

"Make sure they are safe, and if they are in any harm, eliminate any or all targets if necessary..." Efrain said, his voice showing worry as Paige begins eavesdropping whilst Eqowir watched as she continue to look at the papers.

"You say those stuff as if they are safe when you yourself sent them to a deadly mission..." a man spoke, having an Irish accent of sorts as the man giggled.

"....."

"Yeah, yeah... I'll get to it, but once I fetch these kids, you and I are gonna talk about some stuff..." the man said.

"Hmph," Efrain nods in agreement.

"Now if you'll excuse me...."

The man slowly exited the meeting room, just as Paige entered, causing her to slightly bump into the door.

"Woah there...." he said, with her holding her face.

"Paige, is that you? Wow, seems like you guys have grown quite a lot, hehe...."

The man reached his hand out as he helps Paige get up.

"Uhhhh" Eqowir tried to speak but stumbled on her words as she had them at the tip of her tongue, only to forget what she was supposed to say.

(@Peppersalt43)

In an instant he swung his mace and Caleb's head, blood splattering on the sand. The leader quickly kicked his sides, making sure he'd face his assailant. Another blow smashed his face, and then another, and another, and another with each strike growing more and more vicious while Caleb's face grew more and more unrecognizable, the leader screaming and laughing hysterically while the rest of the gang laughed uncomfortably.
"Mmgh..." They weren't expecting them to pick so hastily. She was barely holding back the urge to cut everyone down.

"Uhhhh" Eqowir tried to speak but stumbled on her words as she had them at the tip of her tongue, only to forget what she was supposed to say.
"One of those mind manipulators I bet. Take this, you'll feel better in no time" Tessa said, shoving a pill into Eqowir's mouth and taking one herself, instantly snapping the two out of their haze.

"You should take it too, Paige"

"One of those mind manipulators I bet. Take this, you'll feel better in no time" Tessa said, shoving a pill into Eqowir's mouth and taking one herself, instantly snapping the two out of their haze.
However, there was no effect. Simply Eqowir is awkward at speaking.
"You should take it too, Paige"
"So you must be Tessa Park, yes?" the man asked.

Darren remained silent, unable to choose as he had only met them recently. Hearing the others' choice, he decided to just go along with them and mutter "Caleb".

"Well then! Looks like you've all made your choice... Isn't it sad, fire guy? Your team would rather have you dead! Did you ever do something to deserve this? Could be the little things, maybe you snore louder, maybe you eat messily, maybe you didn't fight as hard" the leader taunted Jack, kicking him down.

"Or maybe you're just another weak replaceable goon".

The leader turned to look at the group, a sick smile on his face, almost as if he was holding back his laughter as he shuffled away from Jack.

"Poor poor Jack, cursed with contraband as common as dirt, cared and loved by none, stuck with a team that'll throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat, spat on even by lady luck. Life's just not fair, isn't it?" he said, raising his mace.

"Life's just not fair"

In an instant he swung his mace and Caleb's head, blood splattering on the sand. The leader quickly kicked his sides, making sure he'd face his assailant. Another blow smashed his face, and then another, and another, and another with each strike growing more and more vicious while Caleb's face grew more and more unrecognizable, the leader screaming and laughing hysterically while the rest of the gang laughed uncomfortably.
Dene stared at the death of another one of his comrades, his face growing ever so blank. Anger was present, sure. But in a situation of hopelessness, there was nothing to rage about. It would be pointless struggling, and he knows it better than anyone.

"So you must be Tessa Park, yes?" the man asked.
"Depends on who's asking" Tessa replied, a subtle gesture happening behind her back. In an instant, alarms begin blaring as armed men and contraband users arrived at the scene, ready to deal with this issue.

"We're at war with an enemy organization utilizing contraband in a mass scale unseen before. Please give a reason why we should entertain the possibility of you being on our side?"

Last edited:
"Depends on who's asking" Tessa replied, a subtle gesture happening behind her back. In an instant, alarms begin blaring as armed men and contraband users arrived at the scene, ready to deal with this issue.
The man sighed as the armed contraband users approached him.

"M- Madam, this isn't an enemy, he's..."

Suddenly, he claps.

"Good! Good! Just as I expected from the new members! You all can go back now, this matter is all but trivial."

"No worries, Sir Lewis". The men saluted and bowed before taking their leave.

"Sir Lewis? You must be..." Paige asked.

"Yep. Second High Ranking Officer, Lewis O'Lenaghan..." the man - named Lewis - replied, before turning his head to Tessa.
"We're at war with an enemy organization utilizing contraband in a mass scale unseen before. Please give a reason why we should entertain the possibility of you being on our side?"
"You know, it's kinda rude to introduce yourself to your seniors like that, no? Came here to visit Fallen Falcon to see how Efrain's been doing, and I'm greeted like this...."

"You know, it's kinda rude to introduce yourself to your seniors like that, no? Came here to visit Fallen Falcon to see how Efrain's been doing, and I'm greeted like this...."
"Well, it would've been nice for you to remind us of your arrival, especially for such a high ranking official with mind and body affecting abilities. It's good to be suspicious these days" Tessa explained calmly.

"Well, it would've been nice for you to remind us of your arrival, especially for such a high ranking official with mind and body affecting abilities. It's good to be suspicious these days" Tessa explained calmly.
"I didn't even use my Contraband, what are you talking about?" he asked, slightly scratching his head.

"But, um, what brings you here, Sir Lewis?" Eqowir asked. "There must be something important given you're here."

"Oh, it's just about the status report with the prototype Waterboarder, as well as..." he said, placing his hand on his chin.

"As well as?" Paige repeated.

"Hmmm... I think it's the new division, Thrones, right?" he asked.

"Yes, sir. Consisting of members Dene Castenada, Caleb Mitchelle, Rizzuto Gambino, Sofía Martina, Valentina Corrol, and... Noah, sir." Paige said, having such nervousness given the issue from the past days.

"Huh, that's quite a group. Anyway, I'll be going to fetch them now...." he said, slowly walking as he exits the building.

"I didn't even use my Contraband, what are you talking about?" he asked, slightly scratching his head.

"But, um, what brings you here, Sir Lewis?" Eqowir asked. "There must be something important given you're here."

"Oh, it's just about the status report with the prototype Waterboarder, as well as..." he said, placing his hand on his chin.

"As well as?" Paige repeated.

"Hmmm... I think it's the new division, Thrones, right?" he asked.

"Yes, sir. Consisting of members Dene Castenada, Caleb Mitchelle, Rizzuto Gambino, Sofía Martina, Valentina Corrol, and... Noah, sir." Paige said, having such nervousness given the issue from the past days.

"Huh, that's quite a group. Anyway, I'll be going to fetch them now...." he said, slowly walking as he exits the building.
"So is that a friend of yours...?" Someone peeped from behind Efrain's shoulder.

"So is that a friend of yours...?" Someone peeped from behind Efrain's shoulder.
"An old one, yes," Efrain said. "Used to be my right-hand-man, before it fell apart."
"I am so sorry I left them behind sir." Damian says barely hiding his guilt ridden whimpers as he enters.
"Damian, you're here..." Efrain said.

"Worry not, Sir Lewis will take care of things. You did your job, and this was a part of their mission. It's necessary for them to grow."

"A young woman that is. Is she another friend of thou?" The angelic creature fluttered over to Tessa. They gave off an uneasy, yet calming feeling.
"A friend, yes...." Efrain nodded.
"Oh, the old stories. I thought you'd be taller" Tessa said to Sir Lewis.
"Sorry to ruin your expectations, but... I got somewhere else to be..."
"Well, I'll mark this down on the database"
Lewis leaves as he summons a sofa and flies away, heading to Yhulens.

"According to the papers here...." Eqowir said to Tessa, taking a read at his profile.

"Ceallagh Yahui, real name, Lewis O'Lenaghan. Second high-ranking officer of all Henosis, right next to Sir Efrain himself." Eqowir read the text with interest as Lewis continues to head over the oceans separating Yhulens with Fallen Falcon.

"His Contraband's ability is to create anything as well as enchant them with specific powers, all under specific conditions that he must follow." She continued reading. "Due to this, the potential to grow as Survivor rivals that of the Strongest Contraband User, Efrain (Anne Belle, 1985). However, given a particular incident, he is the only remaining member of the original group of Survivors working under Efrain during The First Invasion- they are dubbed...

The Laniakea"

As Lewis makes his way to the sandy dunes, he comes across multiple events occurring. Some of his puppets traversing the land saw multiple remains of lava and a particular house that one of them visits.

"Who are you?" Nutzlos asked, coming down from the pulley as he hold a pot of a particular plant at hand.

"I'm Ceallagh Yahui, a member of Henosis." the puppet said, having the form and face of Lewis. "We're here on behalf of the organization to investigate any unknown or supernatural phenomena" he continued. "Have you sir managed to see one?"

"Uhhh, yes... Yes, sir, I have.." Nutzlos replied.

"Well, have you seen a particular group of sorts?" he asked.

"Yes, and I've been a part of them too."

"Huh, so they've encountered this guy... This makes finding them quite easy..." he thought. "So do you perhaps know where they went?"

"The last location they were was around South of here..." Nutzlos replied, trying his best to remember.

"I see. You've been of great help, mister....?" the puppet asked.

"Nutzlos Sinnlos, sir. Local florist and fruit delivery in Yhulens..." Nutzlos said.

"Mister Sinnlos, thanks a lot for your help." the puppet said, before walking away and running off in the direction given.

(Unfortunately, due to arguments and disagreement with the group, we are all taking a break from this RP.

Don't worry readers, we will be returning around two days from now.

- Backbackback)

"Nutzlos Sinnlos, sir. Local florist and fruit delivery in Yhulens..." Nutzlos said.

"Mister Sinnlos, thanks a lot for your help." the puppet said, before walking away and running off in the direction given.
The wastelands of a desolate world, ruins of coordinates unknown.

One step taken and the crunch of something breaking beneath her heel. The sound caresses the ears. Was it a bug? A piece of wood, or perhaps the remains of once valuable object. The answer was at the same time none and all of them. Specifics didn't matter...all that did was standing still, in this echo of deceased human civilization.

For the time being, that is.

Windswept as the wasteland was, the woman's hair danced. Back pressed against a wall that, like any other in sight, could fall to pieces at a moment's notice. Raising thin dust clouds that would seemingly change course before making contact with that lone woman, never to meet skin or garb. Military garments scarlet as the sunset and hair of a pink coloration made for a mockery of camouflage's concept. Was this woman a fool to stand in the middle of nowhere like this?

“Always thought that Dragons and Wyverns belonged only in heraldry.” she catches some dust in the palm of a hand. Then releases a delicate grip, for the wind to blow it away. “If you ignore existing theory, your research will persuade no one. And yet research based on the same theories will struggle to unlock anything new. The state of this world is in part the result of this simple a maxim being for so long ignored. If only I...”

Further thought is aborted. Her eyes sharpen, and doing an about-face to the right, the woman's gaze follows something that doesn't seem to be anywhere yet. Yet it is. Company. The expected company was arriving.

“But that person......I don't recognize.”

The wastelands of a desolate world, ruins of coordinates unknown.

One step taken and the crunch of something breaking beneath her heel. The sound caresses the ears. Was it a bug? A piece of wood, or perhaps the remains of once valuable object. The answer was at the same time none and all of them. Specifics didn't matter...all that did was standing still, in this echo of deceased human civilization.

For the time being, that is.
Windswept as the wasteland was, the woman's hair danced. Back pressed against a wall that, like any other in sight, could fall to pieces at a moment's notice. Raising thin dust clouds that would seemingly change course before making contact with that lone woman, never to meet skin or garb. Military garments scarlet as the sunset and hair of a pink coloration made for a mockery of camouflage's concept. Was this woman a fool to stand in the middle of nowhere like this?

“Always thought that Dragons and Wyverns belonged only in heraldry.” she catches some dust in the palm of a hand. Then releases a delicate grip, for the wind to blow it away. “If you ignore existing theory, your research will persuade no one. And yet research based on the same theories will struggle to unlock anything new. The state of this world is in part the result of this simple a maxim being for so long ignored. If only I...”

Further thought is aborted. Her eyes sharpen, and doing an about-face to the right, the woman's gaze follows something that doesn't seem to be anywhere yet. Yet it is. Company. The expected company was arriving.

“But that person......I don't recognize.”
As the woman continue to hear the wind blow, a particular silhouette— hunan or inhuman— makes it way to the sandy dunes.

The speed, the swiftness, and the uncertainty of events made it unknown what this thing's intention or motive to be.

Making it's way down the buildings of old, landmarks long devasted from a battle waged by gods. As the silhouette slowly revealed itself, the "it" slowly became a "them".

And "them", slowly became a "he".

The vehicle of a furniture makes it seem like a dream. Something illusory, something unreal, so "out of place" for a setting of desolation and loneliness. Much like how the pink-haired woman mocked the integrity of concealment, the individual— one who dons a head of a rooster— makes it all the more surreal.

Black pants jacket with a intricate design of red and yellow; symbols of unknowable origin sewn into his garments; gadgets and wires attached inside the rooster head's presumed temple.

As the individual touched the furniture, with it disappearing, the person slowly turned his head towards her. The aura they exude was... unknown.

Given the type of outfit one could see in their dreams, the presence this man omitted was... nothing short of mysterious.

Was it killing intent? Anger or malice perhaps? It was inscrutable. But all of the tension seem to end— akin to a conductor silencing the orchestra— as the individual spoke.

"What are you doing here miss?"

A question, a simple one at that. One unexpectedly coming from an individual such as he, but one that is to be expected given the way he presents himself.

"What are you doing here miss?"

A question, a simple one at that. One unexpectedly coming from an individual such as he, but one that is to be expected given the way he presents himself.
“Could ask you the same thing, but ‘Identify yourself’ takes priority.” cut and dry answer. Would be irony to speak of for generations, if her communications had been hijacked the same way and day that it happened to Henosis's newest division.

“Could ask you the same thing, but ‘Identify yourself’ takes priority.” cut and dry answer. Would be irony to speak of for generations, if her communications had been hijacked the same way and day that it happened to Henosis's newest division.
"Right.. right..." The man slowly untie the ropes of the rooster head connected to him, revealing a very young and somewhat handsome face.

The short black hair and his browbeaten eyes slowly came into view as the rooster head hangs low on his chest, acting as a sort of necklace.

"[The] Name's Ceallagh. Henosis Second-in-command."

The man answered politely, his voice— albeit scruff and old— showed his sincerity to the question. He grabbed a laced ID, with his image and name, as well as the aforementioned ranking.

"Right.. right..." The man slowly untie the ropes of the rooster head connected to him, revealing a very young and somewhat handsome face.

The short black hair and his browbeaten eyes slowly came into view as the rooster head hangs low on his chest, acting as a sort of necklace.

"[The] Name's Ceallagh. Henosis Second-in-command."

The man answered politely, his voice— albeit scruff and old— showed his sincerity to the question. He grabbed a laced ID, with his image and name, as well as the aforementioned ranking.
Second-in-command? This one? Unthinkable. Having never heard of Lewis before, these are thoughts that cross Belladonna's mind. Curse that Efrain for never mentioning any of this beforehand—No. That's not in right frame of mind. Belle wouldn't trust herself to be told everything, either. Not from the very beginning.

“For a key element of mankind's resistance, the rooster head is in very bad taste. Has anyone told you that before?” a step is taken back. His was not the first Henosis ID that Belle's eyes contemplated. Legitimate. So was his confidence. “Efrain's right-hand man. If you are an impostor, you sure got creative with the story that you want me to believe.” caution. Caution of two decades makes her think before a conclusion is reached. “Under any other circumstances, I'd struggle to believe in you. That Efrain would not send someone of this stature for rendezvous with an uncertain ally. However...it's a different story if the fate of a whole squad hangs in the balance, isn't it?”

Second-in-command? This one? Unthinkable. Having never heard of Lewis before, these are thoughts that cross Belladonna's mind. Curse that Efrain for never mentioning any of this beforehand—No. That's not in right frame of mind. Belle wouldn't trust herself to be told everything, either. Not from the very beginning.

“For a key element of mankind's resistance, the rooster head is in very bad taste. Has anyone told you that before?” a step is taken back. His was not the first Henosis ID that Belle's eyes contemplated.
"First generation Waterboarders don't attack animals and only go for humans as they are creatures who desire intelligence, since assimilating with an animal would just be a hindrance. Hence, the rooster head." he replied.
Legitimate. So was his confidence. “Efrain's right-hand man. If you are an impostor, you sure got creative with the story that you want me to believe.” caution. Caution of two decades makes her think before a conclusion is reached. “Under any other circumstances, I'd struggle to believe in you. That Efrain would not send someone of this stature for rendezvous with an uncertain ally. However...it's a different story if the fate of a whole squad hangs in the balance, isn't it?”
"Well, I can't disclose top-secret information on someone I know nothing about. Besides, it's mere coincidence I stumbled upon you..."

The man's faced wavered not. His composure was as tough as stone, something that cannot be shattered by mere cheap shot's worth of doubt. He answered with honesty, even amid the confusion.

"Now, let me get back to my question. What are you doing here, miss?"

"First generation Waterboarders don't attack animals and only go for humans as they are creatures who desire intelligence, since assimilating with an animal would just be a hindrance. Hence, the rooster head." he replied.

"Well, I can't disclose top-secret information on someone I know nothing about. Besides, it's mere coincidence I stumbled upon you..."

The man's faced wavered not. His composure was as tough as stone, something that cannot be shattered by mere cheap shot's worth of doubt. He answered with honesty, even amid the confusion.

"Now, let me get back to my question. What are you doing here, miss?"
“Coincidence?” the junction of Belladonna's fingers with the back of her hand is brought closer to her lips. Now isn't my luck beginning to turn, she thought.

“I was expecting a rendezvous with Henosis. We've been in contact, but the balance where my situation hangs on is precarious. Days where I find a modicum of independent action...ever uncertain. When “my employers” intercepted the comms from a squad of yours and left , I knew that was the perfect chance to find or be found by Henosis before regrouping as scheduled. At least if I wanted to do it without raising suspicion.” under these circumstances, someone would have to come. If not for her, for them. If not for them...for both.

“Coincidence?” the junction of Belladonna's fingers with the back of her hand is brought closer to her lips. Now isn't my luck beginning to turn, she thought.

“I was expecting a rendezvous with Henosis. We've been in contact, but the balance where my situation hangs on is precarious. Days where I find a modicum of independent action...ever uncertain. When “my employers” intercepted the comms from a squad of yours and left , I knew that was the perfect chance to find or be found by Henosis before regrouping as scheduled. At least if I wanted to do it without raising suspicion.” under these circumstances, someone would have to come. If not for her, for them. If not for them...for both.
"Uhuh... So you're with the people I'm presuming who've taken the group I'm supposed to fetch?" He asked. "That means, you're an enemy... right?"

"Uhuh... So you're with the people I'm presuming who've taken the group I'm supposed to fetch?" He asked. "That means, you're an enemy... right?"
“That depends on how much trust you place in double agents.” she doesn't spare a laugh, but it's a bitter one. It decays into a sour chuckle before fading into customary seriousness. “Advancements in my research were made while under their wing, but I'd rather not forsake my humanity any further if I can. Regrettably, your presence here tells me that the situation developed in a way such that I must don this cloak for a while longer.”

“That depends on how much trust you place in double agents.” she doesn't spare a laugh, but it's a bitter one. It decays into a sour chuckle before fading into customary seriousness. “Advancements in my research were made while under their wing, but I'd rather not forsake my humanity any further if I can. Regrettably, your presence here tells me that the situation developed in a way such that I must don this cloak for a while longer.”
"I mean, why not take me to them? After all, you are working against then. Isn't that your endgame?"

Back