• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"I mean, why not take me to them? After all, you are working against then. Isn't that your endgame?"
Belladona brings up a hand with two fingers up, bringing each one down as she explains.
“First reason, Deathwing. Second. They already have their hands on your allies by now. It's more dangerous to me but also more advantageous to all if I play pretend for a while longer. Finally, you could say that there's a third: Keeping them alive for a time could be further insurance against reason one.”

Belladona brings up a hand with two fingers up, bringing each one down as she explains.
“First reason, Deathwing. Second. They already have their hands on your allies by now. It's more dangerous to me but also more advantageous to all if I play pretend for a while longer. Finally, you could say that there's a third: Keeping them alive for a time could be further insurance against reason one.”
Loud, Metallic laughing rung out from the distance, clearly, someone who's voice was all too familiar heard that exchange, though he couldn't quite be pinpointed, it was quite clear he was not as far as it'd seem from that echo.

(Meta time as to where he is)

Deathwing hung over above the clouds, remaining above them as not even a drop of light escaped him, it'd be easier to pinpoint where there wasn't light to find him, he was amused by the caution taken with him, but he was sure that there would be failure at some point with this group, only mortals could fail to dispose of hapless captives after all...

"All I have to do... is wait..." He thought, he wanted to go down there, to kill them all and leave only scorched earth, but these puppets were useful yet, so he'd bide his time, just a bit...

Loud, Metallic laughing rung out from the distance, clearly, someone who's voice was all too familiar heard that exchange, though he couldn't quite be pinpointed, it was quite clear he was not as far as it'd seem from that echo
"Huh... Is that the Deathwing you mentioned?" Ceallagh asked, glancing towards the pink haired woman.

Darren remained silent, unable to choose as he had only met them recently. Hearing the others' choice, he decided to just go along with them and mutter "Caleb".

"Well then! Looks like you've all made your choice... Isn't it sad, fire guy? Your team would rather have you dead! Did you ever do something to deserve this? Could be the little things, maybe you snore louder, maybe you eat messily, maybe you didn't fight as hard" the leader taunted Jack, kicking him down.

"Or maybe you're just another weak replaceable goon".

The leader turned to look at the group, a sick smile on his face, almost as if he was holding back his laughter as he shuffled away from Jack.

"Poor poor Jack, cursed with contraband as common as dirt, cared and loved by none, stuck with a team that'll throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat, spat on even by lady luck. Life's just not fair, isn't it?" he said, raising his mace.

"Life's just not fair"

The leader quickly struck the dirt next to Jack's head, causing him to flinch for a moment before getting nudged down to stare at his team. A chuckle was heard from the crowd with more and more of the gangsters joining them, the chuckles turning to laughter which is joined by their leader.

"Congratulations Jack! I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Each and every man here is an unloved uncared unlucky misfit. And while I won't cut you slack just for that, your future looks brighter than those traitorous 'friends' you got. So rejoice! You've got a chance!"
"He is right." he thought "When has my counterband been useful compared to the others counterbands"?

"I guess nothing changed from my old life." he thought remembering his days in the military where he was just there as a henchman basically for the others personnel. Should i just give up the world is already gone to shit and i am still me nothing changed."

"He is right." he thought "When has my counterband been useful compared to the others counterbands"?

"I guess nothing changed from my old life." he thought remembering his days in the military where he was just there as a henchman basically for the others personnel. Should I just give up the world is already gone to shit and I am still me nothing changed."
"Alright that's enough, bring em into their prisons. Except the one without the contraband, take him to my office" the leader stated, looking behind himself.

"The dragon's nearby. We need to get a move on".

The rest of the group are quickly led into a larger truck, cells present all around. One of the gangsters whistled at the sight and in response, one of the cells was blasted by energy for a split second, denting the insides

"Don't think of anything funny, we know you're not all immortal" another gangster threatened. The group is quickly tosses into the cells though there are only 6 cells, leading to Jack getting separated from them. Darren was also taken away, Voyant looking at the distance with suspicion and fear before going along the rest of the group. In just a few minutes, the roadrunners have cleaned up their act and continued their eternal journey.

Loud, Metallic laughing rung out from the distance, clearly, someone who's voice was all too familiar heard that exchange, though he couldn't quite be pinpointed, it was quite clear he was not as far as it'd seem from that echo.
"Huh... Is that the Deathwing you mentioned?" Ceallagh asked, glancing towards the pink haired woman.
If she knew that he'd speak on cue like that, Belladonna might have timed Deathwing as the third reason instead of the first.
“People used to say that a picture's worth a thousand words and it must be true. In illustrating that point, he robbed me of any explanation rights.”
Belle had a flair for the dramatic, but this kind of timing made Deathwing the more commited actor of the two. She didn't feel like pushing her luck by staying. But she also felt like this...spawn of her bêtes noires wouldn't be satisfied with ending things here. “But one is company, two are a crowd. And speaking of crowds, I have another meeting scheduled. Should we adjourn ours, or are you coming with me?”

If she knew that he'd speak on cue like that, Belladonna might have timed Deathwing as the third reason instead of the first.
“People used to say that a picture's worth a thousand words and it must be true. In illustrating that point, he robbed me of any explanation rights.”
Belle had a flair for the dramatic, but this kind of timing made Deathwing the more commited actor of the two. She didn't feel like pushing her luck by staying. But she also felt like this...spawn of her bêtes noires wouldn't be satisfied with ending things here. “But one is company, two are a crowd. And speaking of crowds, I have another meeting scheduled. Should we adjourn ours, or are you coming with me?”
"You haven't yet answered my question. I can't trust you with flowery words if I don't know your motive..."

Ceallagh had his fair share of eccentric people, especially in situations like these. Even with the dragon's presence, he had his arms crossed and still exuding this aura of uncertainty.

"Alright that's enough, bring em into their prisons. Except the one without the contraband, take him to my office" the leader stated, looking behind himself.

The rest of the group are quickly led into a larger truck, cells present all around. One of the gangsters whistled at the sight and in response, one of the cells was blasted by energy for a split second, denting the insides

"Don't think of anything funny, we know you're not all immortal" another gangster threatened. The group is quickly tosses into the cells though there are only 6 cells, leading to Jack getting separated from them. Darren was also taken away, Voyant looking at the distance with suspicion and fear before going along the rest of the group. In just a few minutes, the roadrunners have cleaned up their act and continued their eternal journey.
(Hey is it fine if Deathwing talks shit to folks?)

"You haven't yet answered my question. I can't trust you with flowery words if I don't know your motive..."

Ceallagh had his fair share of eccentric people, especially in situations like these. Even with the dragon's presence, he had his arms crossed and still exuding this aura of uncertainty.
"Consider your meeting extended, mortals." Deathwing's metallic voice filled the air, as if he was already there, with only another anta-second left to spare as a loud crash happened and fire quickly began spreading from the Waterboarder's landing point

“Isn't it a shame that we have to live in such skeptical times?” Belle's back was already turning, but these words made her steps stop. Mechanically analyzing the situation at hand, she sighs. “I said one is good company, two are a crowd. And holding a strategy meeting right in front of the enemy is inanity. If that is the kind of confidence that being second-in-command of Henosis gives you, I'm afraid that I don't measure up.” what she did measure were her steps. “If you have any more questions, it's much better to answer them down the road before...”
"Consider your meeting extended, mortals." Deathwing's metallic voice filled the air, as if he was already there, with only another anta-second left to spare as a loud crash happened and fire quickly began spreading from the Waterboarder's landing point
“<resounding groan> Before this happens.” preceding the landing of this massive shadow, the woman jumped. There was ascension, but no call from gravity to bring her body back to the still trembling earth. Avoiding the outspreading inferno. “Interesting words for someone who always shows up unannounced.”

Last edited:
“Isn't it a shame that we have to live in such skeptical times?” Belle's back was already turning, but these words made her steps stop. Mechanically analyzing the situation at hand, she sighs. “I said one is good company, two is a crowd. And holding a strategy meeting right in front of the enemy is inanity. If that is the kind of confidence that being second-in-command of Henosis gives you, I'm afraid that I don't measure up.” what she did measure were her steps. “If you have any more questions, it's much better to answer them along the road before...”
"Not that I'm confident or anything, just taking precautions..." he replied.
“<resounding groan> Before this happens.” preceding the landing of this massive shadow, the woman jumped. There was ascension, but no call from gravity to bring her body back to the still trembling earth. Avoiding the outspreading inferno. “Interesting words for someone who always shows up unannounced.”
Ceallagh was nowhere to be found. Already above the sky, sitting on a table made from his power.

"But I mean, having me come to you could lead to a trap. Are you sure I can trust you?"

“Isn't it a shame that we have to live in such skeptical times?” Belle's back was already turning, but these words made her steps stop. Mechanically analyzing the situation at hand, she sighs. “I said one is good company, two is a crowd. And holding a strategy meeting right in front of the enemy is inanity. If that is the kind of confidence that being second-in-command of Henosis gives you, I'm afraid that I don't measure up.” what she did measure were her steps. “If you have any more questions, it's much better to answer them along the road before...”

"Not that I'm confident or anything, just taking precautions..." he replied.

Ceallagh was nowhere to be found. Already above the sky, sitting on a table made from his power.

"But I mean, having me come to you could lead to a trap. Are you sure I can trust you?"
"You should listen to her, mortal." Deathwing said bluntly to Ceallagh, who lasted about a second up there before the clouds began to be filled with a choking fire and an unseen force pulled the table down as if Deathwing was physically pulling it

"Your team has been captured, their hopes dropping, and yet you stand here and do nothing, I wonder how they feel about this one?" Deathwing coldly mocked Belle

"You should listen to her, mortal." Deathwing said bluntly to Ceallagh, who lasted about a second up there before the clouds began to be filled with a choking fire and an unseen force pulled the table down as if Deathwing was physically pulling it
"Thanks for the info. Never knew someone could point out the obvious."

Ceallagh was unfazed with the table being pulled down, summoning a revolver and shooting a bullet(?) towards it.

“You think I'm on his side?” Belle asks this and says no more. To join the winning side is standard survival tactic for human beings, but only when said side's endgame does not involve human extinction. “Had I ever been a fan of easy ways out, I'd be tempted.”

"Your team has been captured, their hopes dropping, and yet you stand here and do nothing, I wonder how they feel about this one?" Deathwing coldly mocked Belle
“They havWait. You mean..............?” the Gang, Henosis or the Thrones? actual question. She doesn't ask, of course. It's better to try and find out. “If it is as you say, I should take your advice. Do something about it.” Lewis and the Dragon seemed to be taking each other's measure. Under these circumstances, perhaps a good opportunity for Belladonna to take her leave as scheduled would soon present itself. “Before I forget, Mr. Right-Hand Man (Ceallagh). I am Belladonna Ghez. In a way, you could call me the lead researcher of the Roadrunners. And our purpose is to cast Deathwing down from the heavens. To drag it down to the earth...and make its wings our own.”

Last edited:
“You think I'm on his side?” Belle asks this and says no more. To join the winning side is standard survival tactic for human beings, but only when said side's endgame does not involve human extinction. “Had I ever been a fan of easy ways out, I'd be tempted.”
"No, just saying if you're trustworthy of my information, [that] is all..."
“They havWait. You mean..............?” the Gang, Henosis or the Thrones? actual question. She doesn't ask, of course. It's better to try and find out. “If it is as you say, I should take your advice. Do something about it.” Lewis and the Dragon seemed to be taking each other's measure. Under these circumstances, perhaps a good opportunity for Belladonna to take her leave as scheduled would soon present itself. “Before I forget, Mr. Right-Hand Man (Ceallagh). I am Belladonna Ghez. In a way, you could call me the lead researcher of the Roadrunners. And our purpose is to cast Deathwing down from the heavens. To drag it down to the earth...and make its wings our own.”
"Uhuh...Then our interests have aligned then. You seem to be a capable individual and one suited for combat." Ceallagh replied. "I would need your assistance if you want to get out of this alive..."

"Thanks for the info. Never knew someone could point out the obvious."

Ceallagh was unfazed with the table being pulled down, summoning a revolver and shooting a bullet(?) towards it.
The bullet never connected to its target, Deathwing had already long-since dodged the attack to his person

"And how often have you failed? That girl has gotten closer to ending these games then your Roadrunners ever have, and she is even more frail then you..." Deathwing said, laughter in his voice at what he viewed as the sheer arrogance of Belle and the Roadrunners

The bullet never connected to its target, Deathwing had already long-since dodged the attack to his person
The attack did hit, at least the one the dragon didn't expect. It was something else than the bullet, like sharp thorns wrapped around them, it couldn't have been a mere bullet.

The attack did hit, at least the one the dragon didn't expect. It was something else than the bullet, like sharp thorns wrapped around them, it couldn't have been a mere bullet.
(Unless that bullet has a hundred meters of range, I don't think it reliably hit lmfao, cause remember, the low-end of Deathwing's size is 80 meters so you can imagine how much room a dodge would cross)

Last edited:
(Unless that bullet has a hundred meters of range, I don't think it reliably hit lmfao, cause remember, the low-end of Deathwing's size is 80 meters so you can imagine how much room a dodge would cross)
(It isn't the bullet, it's the puppets that he had, he just shaped them very small to hide in the bullet he dodged and have them stretch out as thin as air and attack him)

(It isn't the bullet, it's the puppets that he had, he just shaped them very small to hide in the bullet he dodged and have them stretch out as thin as air and attack him)
(Ah okay)

Deathwing laughed a mocking laugh, consuming his entire body in an inferno of fire, Plasma, and lava, which he also then infused with his power to make the consumption even deadlier, and yet he was unharmed while the attack would have been destroyed

(Ah okay)

Deathwing laughed a mocking laugh, consuming his entire body in an inferno of fire, Plasma, and lava, which he also then infused with his power to make the consumption even deadlier, and yet he was unharmed while the attack would have been destroyed
"Fire-based... Just what I expected...", he thought, "I guess low-level puppets won't work...."

"Fire-based... Just what I expected...", he thought, "I guess low-level puppets won't work...."
Deathwing simply looked at him, and suddenly he was unable to move, he couldn't even speak, he wasn't paralyzed, instead, it felt like every cell of his body was being kept in place(IE Deathwing is TKing him)

"And how often have you failed? That girl has gotten closer to ending these games then your Roadrunners ever have, and she is even more frail then you..." Deathwing said, laughter in his voice at what he viewed as the sheer arrogance of Belle and the Roadrunners
“Your answer relieves me. If waterboarders aren't sharp enough to understand how science works through trial and error, mankind still has a chance.”
"No, just saying if you're trustworthy of my information, [that] is all..."

"Uhuh...Then our interests have aligned then. You seem to be a capable individual and one suited for combat." Ceallagh replied. "I would need your assistance if you want to get out of this alive..."
Belladonna looks at Ceallagh in a moment's disbelief. She had no personal connection to the division of the Thrones, but each moment spent in this place was one more for them to spend unsupervised. And the woman wasn't optimistic about the tutelage of her current employers. They'd be giving the snake just what it wanted. In that case,

“<sigh> Boys, boys. Must you solve this with a fight?” the ring worn around Belle's neck sends a pulse through the lands, collapsing every ruin in sight like an invisible halo putting dominoes down. All are grounded up down to their base by sheer pressure. “Consider this discipline.”
It then shifts in form and motion, from ring to sphere and aiming at the sunlike coordinate that was Deathwing's new location. Weaponized, the atmosphere crumples under the weight of a force not belonging to the commanding rules of nature, surrounding the winged snake. The phenomenon is like an invisible bubble of pressure surrounding explosion, played in reverse. To compress the epicenter, not allowing it release or expansion.

Deathwing simply looked at him, and suddenly he was unable to move, he couldn't even speak, he wasn't paralyzed, instead, it felt like every cell of his body was being kept in place(IE Deathwing is TKing him)
"This is nice..."

Ceallagh still remained unfazed as he looked at Belle.

"Are you gonna answer my question or assist me?"

“Your answer relieves me. If waterboarders aren't sharp enough to understand how science works through trial and error, mankind still has a chance.”

Belladonna looks at Ceallagh in a moment's disbelief. She had no personal connection to the division of the Thrones, but each moment spent in this place was one more for them to spend unsupervised. And the woman wasn't optimistic about the tutelage of her current employers. They'd be giving the snake just what it wanted. In that case,

“<sigh> Boys, boys. Must you solve this with a fight?” the ring worn around Belle's neck sends a pulse through the lands, collapsing every ruin in sight like an invisible halo putting dominoes down. All are grounded up down to their base by sheer pressure. “Consider this discipline.”

It then shifts in form and motion, from ring to sphere and aiming at the sunlike coordinate that was Deathwing's new location. Weaponized, the atmosphere crumples under the weight of a force not belonging to the commanding rules of nature, surrounding the winged snake. The phenomenon is like an invisible bubble of pressure surrounding explosion, played in reverse. To compress the epicenter, not allowing it release or expansion.
"Oh i do know, mortal, why do you think I hold that girl in higher esteem then I do you?"

Deathwing didn't even bother staying around for the attack he anticipated, before it was even there he was gone, while he was beyond overconfident and prideful, He was no fool, having detected Belle's range, he re-appeared just outside of it in flight, he wasn't preparing another attack, which was odd, even odder with a seeming grin on Deathwing'sfsce

"Oh i do know, mortal, why do you think I hold that girl in higher esteem then I do you?"

Deathwing didn't even bother staying around for the attack he anticipated, before it was even there he was gone, while he was beyond overconfident and prideful, He was no fool, having detected Belle's range, he re-appeared just outside of it in flight, he wasn't preparing another attack, which was odd, even odder with a seeming grin on Deathwing'sfsce
Suddenly, appearing from behind Deathwing, the dragon felt a powerful force knock him downward.

"You sure are, buddy..."

With a powerful kick, stacked together with his puppets, the generated push needed to fling the winged snake produced such explosive force, the wind of such attack blowing waves of wind that blew away the sand.

"Tch!"

Dene tries to wrap his head and attempt to get up, but his delirious vision and the aforementioned injuries led him to stumble on his cell, flailing his own body only to fall face-first into the rusty metal floor.

"This is nice..."

Ceallagh still remained unfazed as he looked at Belle.

"Are you gonna answer my question or assist me?"
“First, you didn't ask anything that I have yet to answer. Second, I just did. It's moronic enough to talk. Even more to stay and fight. I don't have time to entertain the dragon's game of cat and mouse right now.”

Ignoring the dragon's taunting, there's something that occurs to Belle when under this set of circumstances. But looking at Ceallagh, she perishes the thought. Where? Beyond the clouds, beyond even sight perhaps. There's only a constant, unnatural current of air all around her.
“You raise a fair point. What brings you here, then?”

Suddenly, appearing from behind Deathwing, the dragon felt a powerful force knock him downward.

"You sure are, buddy..."

With a powerful kick, stacked together with his puppets, the generated push needed to fling the winged snake produced such explosive force, the wind of such attack blowing waves of wind that blew away the sand.
Deathwing didn't even move, it became quite clear he didn't bother with allowing himself to be touched via invisible barriers, which sprung plasma that raged through the puppets and destroyed them

(Who is this directed at?)

Deathwing didn't even move, it became quite clear he didn't bother with allowing himself to be touched via invisible barriers, which sprung plasma that raged through the puppets and destroyed them
Though his low-level puppets were eviscerated by the plasma, that is to be expected given the low durability. Opting for a different strategy, Ceallagh seemingly tapped the invisible barrier, causing a tag to appear atop the dragon's head— #1.

Last edited:
Deathwing laughed, before opening his mouth as if to speak
Though his low-level puppets were eviscerated by the plasma, that is to be expected given the low durability. Opting for a different strategy, Ceallagh seemingly tapped the invisible barrier, causing a tag to appear atop the dragon's head— #1.

"I'm here to do stuff..." he replied, landing on a sofa created out of nowhere as he watches Deathwing through a black frame, akin to a television of sorts.
The strategy was almost immediately shut down as the tag was destroyed, nullified entirely

The Waterboarder noticed Dene and tried to see how him.

"Dene?!"
"Aughgya"

The man couldn't speak properly, having been deluded and struck with countless blows, it would take a miracle for him to recover so quickly.
Deathwing laughed, before opening his mouth as if to speak

The strategy was almost immediately shut down as the tag was destroyed, nullified entirely
Contrabands are... bizarre. Ones born from the flesh of Waterboarders— beings of pure invincibility and uncertainty. Such unexplained phenomenon gave birth to more extreme and nonsensical events: The First Invasion, The Birth of Contraband Users, and The Rise of Soma Imperium.

As powers from Contraband are made to kill a Waterboarder, things such as invincibility and more are included in this list. And though there could be other things included, such are yet to be discovered.

"However, there are things that makes Ceallagh special..." Efrain said to Eqowir, both sitting on a chair.

"What is it?" she asked, her hand placed on her chin as she reads the file.

"Though he may not be as strong as Soma or myself...."

The tag refused to dissipate— no, it was more so unaffected by the attempt of Deathwing trying to destroy it.

"It's his array of specialized abilities that allows him to be on par..."

"Hence his potential to be a candidate?" Eqowir asked.

"Yes."

"Aughgya"

The man couldn't speak properly, having been deluded and struck with countless blows, it would take a miracle for him to recover so quickly.

Contrabands are... bizarre. Ones born from the flesh of Waterboarders— beings of pure invincibility and uncertainty. Such unexplained phenomenon gave birth to more extreme and nonsensical events: The First Invasion, The Birth of Contraband Users, and The Rise of Soma Imperium.

As powers from Contraband are made to kill a Waterboarder, things such as invincibility and more are included in this list. And though there could be other things included, such are yet to be discovered.

"However, there are things that makes Ceallagh special..." Efrain said to Eqowir, both sitting on a chair.

"What is it?" she asked, her hand placed on her chin as she reads the file.

"Though he may not be as strong as Soma or myself...."

The tag refused to dissipate— no, it was more so unaffected by the attempt of Deathwing trying to destroy it.

"It's his array of specialized abilities that allows him to be on par..."

"Hence his potential to be a candidate?" Eqowir asked.

"Yes."
(I'm ending the scene mate, aka I don't know how to respond to this outside of "Deathwing literally drops all of his powers and murders Ceallagh horribly")

Back