• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread discusses changes for the Skill "Coercion" from Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ke, as well as any Skills that scale to it. There are also some other minor changes included.

Coercion/Intimidation/Menace
First off, all official versions LN/manga/anime call the ability in question, (Õ¿üÕ£º in the RAWs) differently each. It's Coercion in the LN, Intimidation in the manga, and Menace in the anime. Since at the time this CRT is being written, we tend use the LN terms, this CRT will proceed with using "Coercion" to refer to it.

Once the dust settled, the group lifted their eyes, daring to take a look at me. They were too shocked to speak. Maybe Coercion would work now.

With an earth-shaking roar, I invoked it…but, alas, I screwed it up. I didn't mean for the audience to faint to the ground, too, with assorted substances welling up around their pants.

What a disaster. Now what? This'll be such a pain to deal with. Hmm? The party? Well, they had just taken a Coercion blow at pointblank range. I doubt I need to go into detail on what happened to them.
~ LN vol. 1​
The LN version of the scene where Rimuru used Coercion on the Adventurers is only as short as this and is basically just a summary. The manga and anime versions provide much more detail:

https://imgur.com/a/ZEExHBR

In regards to differences between manga and anime version, they translated the term Úî»õ╣▒ differently. Manga went with "Panic" and anime went with "Confusion". A quick look at Jisho.org reveals that the anime, i.e. "Confusion", is the correct Translation. Another difference is that the anime actually mentions the amount of people that soiled themselves, while the manga does not.

So from this we know the effects of one use of Coercion at Rimuru's pre-Ifrit level:

16 people ran away (Fear Manipulation)
34 people soiled themselves (Fear Manipulation, possibly Paralysis Inducement)
68 people got confused (Status Effect Inducement: Confusio and/or Madness Manipulation and/or Mind Manipulation)
92 people fainted (Sleep Manipulation and/or Status Effect Inducement: Knock Out)

In total that's 210 affected people, which should be the minimum potency of that ability.

I'll see what people propose in this thread for the concrete effects for Coercion, but in any case, it should scale to everyone who can use it, which should be:

First Key: Rimuru Tempest and Orc Disaster Geld
Second Key: Soei, Hakurou, Ranga (it's not in his LN vol. 5 stat sheet, but it's a Direwolf race-skill and he used it against Gabiru) and Geld.

Heroic Aura and Voice Canno
Gazel Dwargo also scales to this change, since his Extra Skill Heroic Aura is an advanced version of Common Skill Coercion:

"What? Are you done? Is that all the power you have, Rimuru?"

Come to think of it, he wasn't restricting me from using my skills at all. It wouldn't be breaking the rules, I reasoned. But relying on such skills seemed basically the same as admitting defeat. It peeved me. I had to get a clean blow in, no matter what. This whole match had lit a spark under the competitive streak I've had since before.

"Shut up!" I spat. "I haven't come at you for real yet, so don't hurry me!"

But I still didn't have any new ideas. I didn't want to lose, but I had nothing to work with. And as if reading this state of mild panic, King Gazel started to move, confronting me with terrific fighting force. Exposed to this aura, my movements were fully held in check.
Oh, crap. I'm leaving myself wide open to him!

Report. Analysis complete. This force is Heroic Aura, an extra skill that is a higher-level version of Coercion. Its aim is to make the target cower and become unable to move. Targets with low resistance will find themselves submitting to, and even adoring, the wielder.

Just as I feared the worst, my reliable partner gave me a report. Now that's what the Great Sage is for. So how to counteract?

Understood. As with Coercion, the correct way to resist the skill is via fighting spirit.

Um? Fighting spirit? Come on…
Talk about unreliable. I had the feeling that the Sage was starting to phone it in sometimes.
But no time for that. I need to get out of this. How do I conjure fighting spirit? Shouting could help, maybe. I couldn't move, but I could speak. If it didn't work, I'd think of something else.

"Uh… Oraaahhhhh!!"

I screamed as loud as I could. It wound up firing a Voice Cannon, one of Ranga's specialties, right at Gazel. I also released a bolt of Coercion of my own, hoping it would neutralize Heroic Aura.
The king dissolved the Voice Cannon without bothering to dodge it. But it still distracted his attention enough that his aura disappeared. Now we were back to square one. The two of us glared at each other, swords ready.
~ LN vol. 3​
This means that with Heroic Aura, aside from the effects of Coercion (and Aura, obviously), Gazel Dwargo also gains Paralysis Inducement via Aura that ignores resistance to Paralysis Inducement because it's actively mainted and if the Aura Restraint is gone, the restraint effect will be gone too.
Gazel should also gain Empathic Manipulation, due to his Aura making those with too weak Resistance submit to him or view him in a positive light.

As a consequence, Rimuru and anyone scaling to his first key should gain Resistance to Empathic Manipulation and the effects of Coercion, since Rimuru was not affected by these aspects of Gazel's Heroic Aura.

In addition, Ranga should gain Sound Manipulation due to being able to use Voice Cannon.

Haki and Demon Lord's Haki
Demon Lord's Haki also contains all the effects of Coercion:

I feel a bit pity for Elalude, so I decide to be a little more serious.
Meaning——Releasing ÒÇîDemon Lord HakiÒÇì

ÒÇî——Go ahead and ask, Elalude.ÒÇì

My subordinates started a commotion seeing this with sounds like ÒÇîOHOH!ÒÇì Gazel and his companions instead are surprised at the sight and begin to groan with sounds like ÒÇîWuu!ÒÇì. Moreover, Youmu's party, Fuze and even the three Beasteekeers begin to have cold sweat, surprised at the scene..
I've suppressed its intensity to the lowest level, yet it is still surprisingly effective.
That's because ÒÇîDemon Lord HakiÒÇì has many other skills woven in it, such as ÒÇîMenaceÒÇì and ÒÇîMagic AuraÒÇì. It can be used as an attack, so misusing would lead to public hazards.
~ LN vol. 6​
Furthermore Demon Lord's Haki can also cause instant death. It was already mentioned and accepted in the LN vol. 7 CRT, so I'll just take it for granted here.

Now there's the issue that Benimaru and Shion don't have the Common Skill Coercion, but instead the Extra Skill "Haki". It's the same as Demon Lord's Haki just without the "Demon Lord" attached to it (in RAWs it's Þªçµ░ù and Ú¡öþÄïÞªçµ░ù respectively). I think it's fair to assume that "Haki" is something in-between Coercion and Demon Lord's Haki, so it should at least scale to the effects of Coercion, but not the effects of Demon Lord's Haki (i.e. not Death Manipulation for them).

That means Benimaru and Shio gain the abilities from Coercion.

Rimuru and Diablo are the same, but also gain Death Manipulation (deathhax already implemented by other CRT). Rimuru already gets the effects from Coercion in his first key, but Diablo now also gains the effects from Coercion in his second key.

With Status Effect Inducement you mean Confusion? So something like linking to Status Effect Inducement while writing "Confusion Inducement" on the page itself? Is that alright with how it's handled on VS wiki?

NeoSuperior said:
With Status Effect Inducement you mean Confusion? So something like linking to Status Effect Inducement while writing "Confusion Inducement" on the page itself? Is that alright with how it's handled on VS wiki?
It is usually likr this case, @NeoSuperior.

Not neccessarily. The way the ability was presented it seems to create pressure on the user's surroundings to the point it could even demolish a magical ability like "Magic Wall". All the effects seem to come from that pressure, coupled with the fact that Rimuru probably imbued his normally concealed Aura into it, which amplified the effect. Or perhaps the pressure comes from the Aura itself and the Skill is just a method to utlize the Aura similar to Arts.

Either way, there is no proof that it's a primarily Fear Inducement ability so I think it's fine to be defined as CP did:

Those who gain gain the abilities from Coercion, i.e. Fear Manipulation, Confusion Inducement, and Sleep Manipulation and those who scale to it via Haki, Heroic Aura, and Demon Lord's Haki:

Aura, Empathic Manipulation, and Paralysis Inducement (through actively suppressing the enemy with Aura, ignoring Resistances to Paralysis Inducement) via Heroic Aura for Gazel Dwargo.

Resistance to Fear Manipulation, Confusion Inducement, and Sleep Manipulation scaling to anyone who is comparable to Rimuru pre-Ifrit, which is comparable to Ifrit himself, i.e. 7-A (Mountain level+).

Resistance to Empathic Manipulation scaling to anyone who is at least at the level of strength of Gazel Dwargo, scaling to Rimuru at the time who resisted it when they fought, i.e. High 7-A (Large Mountain level).

Is that alright so far?

Back