• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Vein: Silva and Io's abilities

Why is the only ability Silva has actually displayed in the game - Forcefield Creation - not on his profile? It's pretty potent too as it completely blocks Purging Thorns

Also, he's physically 50 years old

As for Io, she's missing Ice and Lightning Manipulation via Frost and Lightning Spike along with Energy Projection via her normal heavy attack. I don't think her ability to turn into mist via Chariot Rush is listed there either (which I think is listed as Shapeshifting for Queenslayer and Louis).

This is probably fine, but you should ask a few members listed in the Code Vei verse page to comment here

You can see it here . This is what most likely becomes the red mist later, but that one isn't combat-applicable, so, the forcefield seen here specifically is relevant.

Not sure how tagging is done

Well, normally you would have to ask them to come here via their message walls, but given the link, I think that this seems uncontroversial to apply.

They will be needed here for scaling. After all, the forcefield completely blocked Purging Thorns, which should be at least Small Country Level via scaling to Virgin Born (since the Queen IS the relics VB has).

So, At least Large Island level+, at least Small Country Level with Forcefield Creation would make sense

A few more things are needed. Statistics Manipulation needs to be expanded a little as one of his main abilities is buffing himself as he takes damage. This is seen in Skull King boss fight and Hades' Survival Instict passive. Another thing he needs is Energy Projection via normal and charged heavy attack.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Can you even get a tier via a defensive ability? At best you can mention it in the durability section.
AFAIK, no, but you can have much higher durability via forcefields and such. For example, Godzilla Earth's durability is greatly increased with his shield (Large Mountain level, At least Island level+ with its forcefield).

After looking at a few more profiles, Io doesn't have Ice or Lightning Manipulation on her profile in spite of using Frost and Lightning Spike. She's also missing Energy Projection via normal heavy attack and whatever turning into mist would be via Chariot Rush

This all seems fine to me. Admittedly, I have been skimping on the Code Vein pages for a little while (had one page sitting in my sandbox for god knows how long) so there's inevitably a few inaccuracies, mistakes, or missed info. This is all fine and correct, from what I can tell.

Well, actually, there is one thing worth noting here.

I'm fine with the forcefield being Low 6-B due to protecting against the Queen's attacks, but with some doubt. We need to remember that this happened in the same scene as one of the biggest outliers in the Queen's feats in the entire game (that is, getting one-shotted by the Queenslayer at a point when they were weaker than their early-game self). So while I'm still fine with it myself, it should be brought up that the scene doesn't depict her strength in a very accurate way.

Then should I edit the pages or should someone who knows the terms better do it? I'm not sure what Chariot Rush mist transformation would be in terms of abilities. What would Ablative Blood count as? It reduces damage taken by a half as long as she has enough ichor. There's also Panacea Essence, which cures status effects.

I'm fine with a note being added to forcefield durability.

It's quite late for me here; so I'll try and wake up early tomorrow to help out with this. I think there was a blog I made a while back on what we consider many of the revenants abilities to be, you can take a look at that.

What DarkGrath has accepted can probably be applied. Thank you for helping out.

Queenslayer should also get a list of his Gifts as some don't have obvious effects that could easily be asigned to the abilities part of the profile, such as Merciless Reaper reducing resistances to a quarter and quadrupling weaknesses and one of the new spells creating a field under the target that drains their ichor/blood

There are things that aren't listed simply because they fall in line with abilities he already has, like draining ichor just being another form of blood manip. Merciless Reaper could be a form of Resistance Negation, though, which I'm fine with accepting.

I believe the transformation for things like Chariot Rush has been accepted as Shapeshifting? Whoever uses Chariot Rush can get it too.

DarkGrath said:
There are things that aren't listed simply because they fall in line with abilities he already has, like draining ichor just being another form of blood manip. Merciless Reaper could be a form of Resistance Negation, though, which I'm fine with accepting.
I believe the transformation for things like Chariot Rush has been accepted as Shapeshifting? Whoever uses Chariot Rush can get it too.
It's less about adding more abilities and more about clarifying what different things do as Blood Manipulation is really vague. I think it's usually written under Noteable Techniques and such

Only Io (and you of course) uses Chariot Rush.

I see. Yeah, honestly, there's just so many abilities in Code Vein that I resigned myself to just summarising the important ones and leaving what I could for the explanation blog.

When I (finally) get around to making the rest of the important profiles, I might try and add Notable Technique sections to all of them with their abilities (except maybe Queenslayer, since that would mean making the page practically forking Foundation level length). I don't mind if you were planning to do that, mind you, and I could help out if that was your plan.

Queenslayer is the one who needs it the most as the rest don't have that many abilities and the ones they do have can usually be listed in the abilities section instead, such as Io's Frost and Thunder Spike.

I could put down the most important abilities. Flashing Fang or Overdrive aren't anything special, but things like Cleansing Light, Sly Vengeance and Countermeasure need to be listed. I just don't know what would be legit and what would be written off as just gameplay

Yeah, I get what you mean.

Anything that needs to be applied directly, I'm fully fine with accepting. Constructing the Notable Techniques section will take pretty significant work though. Remind me what those skills do?

Cleansing Light heals 75% of damage taken from the last hit, resetting when you take another hit. Can be combined with Sacrificial Edge to consume only 25% of your health rather than almost all of it.

Sly Vengeance creates a fiery mine whenever you get hit or block an attack.

Countermeasure creates the same mine whenever you dodge an attack. There's also a passive called Evasive Snare that does the same thing. If both are used at the same time, two mines are created

There's also Evasive Snare, which drains the enemy's ichor when you dodge, with the drain rate depending on your currently equiped weapon's drain rating. Obviously stacks with Bloodsucking Blades, Hunting Feast and Drain Rating Up

I think we can genuinely use all of this stuff without considering it game mechanics. There are some where the logic seems bizarre (like draining ichor by dodging) though given the amount of lore surrounding blood codes and the various, unique abilities they have, I don't doubt that these weird abilities were meant as intentional details.

It'll still be an absolute nightmare to actually include all of the important skills on a Notable Techniques section, but might be worth chipping away at.

It certainly is worth the time.

Also, Mido's Relic stuff should be changed to stated rather than implied as he was one of the Successors.

"Having been chosen as a Successor due to his high compatibility with relics, Mido continued his relic research covertly in a sealed off area using orphans from his previous experiments as subjects. Experiments on his own relic-empowered body unlocked incredible physical capabilities, but at the cost of his human form."

Might also want to add Minor to non-Blood resistances for Mido and Silva as those resistances are pretty low although the former can double them

Huh, missed that description when making Mido's profile. Good job.

Could we summarise all of the changes that need to be made to the profiles immediately, then? I've agreed with pretty much everything so far, though I'll need to check. We could then start discussing which abilities need to be added for a notable techniques section.

Loading tips contain a lot of useful information.

Well, starting with Io

-Age: unknown (no timeframe is given between Cruz going nuts/Queen being slain and the events of the game)

-Classification: Attendant (slightly different from Revenants as they permanently die if they lose a meaning in their life and they can turn into stone)

-Ice and Lightning Manipulation via her Spike spells

-Shapeshifting via Chariot Rush

-whatever ability healing status effects is via Panacea Essence (can be used in advance rather than after the status effect is applied)

-Energy Projection via normal heavy attack (the same reason why Mido has it)

Silva:

-Age: 50 at the time of death, unknown as a Revenant (was already a Revenant during Operation Queenslayer)

-Forcefield Creation, which most likely increases his durability to Small Country Level when deployed

-Energy Projection via normal heavy attack (the same reason why Mido has it)

-His Survival Instinct AKA The Clutch should have an explanation as he becomes stronger as his health goes down.

Mido:

-He was stated to be a former Successor, not implied

Mia:

-Age: 18 at the time of death, unknown as a Revenant (woke up at some point after the mist appeared)

Yakumo:

-Age: 22 at the time of death, unknown as a Revenant (woke up long after Emily was given a Relic)

Louis:

-Age: 20 at the time of death, unknown as a Revenant (woke up at some point after the mist appeared)

One more thing

Virgin Born does NOT have all the Relics. He's lacking at least Eye and Blood (maybe Heart too) in all endings. You can see that he absorbs 5 relics, but 4 are seen coming from outside. Your performance is not affected anyhow afterwards.

All of that is fine and correct, except for the Virgin Born part (as far as I can tell).

You can see in the scene itself that they only first notice that he's absorbing the relics specifically because he begins absorbing the relics of the Queenslayer, Jack, and Eva. The Queenslayer and Jack held the Blood and Eye relics, and it's shown that they are absorbing them before cutting to the relics coming from outside. Contextually, it's most likely that they just finished absorbing their relics off-screen.

I assumed their Relics were simply reacting to that attempt. Wouldn't the loss of Relics noticeably nerf, if not outright kill them? The Gifts you get from most of them are extensions of the Successors' abilities rather than the Queen's and when you remove them, they turn into ash.

Might be a good idea to read what the hotsprings say about it.

EDIT: read them and they say nothing useful for this argument. They do say that Virgin Born IS the Queen...in spite of being Jesus. So, female pronouns. The battle is described as being quite difficult and that's about it.

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

The fact that the Virgin Born is considered the Queen itself should prove that they absorbed all of the relics; the Queen literally is all of the relics, after all. All of the relics together make up her body.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean? I get that the Successors can die, but the actual conditions behind it are vague and not very well explained in the story. Same thing with Mido's death; despite being a Revenant, he seemingly died without actually having his heart destroyed. The story is vague on these points, so I don't think it's a fair assumption to make that removing the relic = killing the Successor. Unless it states this and having not worked on it for a month has fogged my memory. Correct me if that's so. :p

I think the big post above has been accepted for the most part.

Aside from Mido (who certainly has extensive knowledge on the Queen), all Successors die once their relics are removed, but it's usually done after they disperse. The one exception is Darkseeker, who turns into ash after his Relic is removed, but his Relic is removed from him directly rather than being left hovering after the body disperses.

But everyone's fine in the good ending, so, I'm not sure what to think.

Well, what DarkGrath has accepted can probably be applied.

Just checked the good ending, actually. Yeah, you're correct; the Virgin Born didn't absorb their relics. My bad.

There are more relics than we thought there were though, and since a lot of the scaling is based on the relics, that will probably need some revisions.

gahd I love Code Vein but it also gives me a headache

Code Vein greatly suffers from its development shenanigans. You get things like Louis having no idea there was a button on the statue (which is a thing...why?), but Mia knowing about it because of Cerberus soldiers even though he has one of them at home base, turning up the boombox and being unfortunately useless. Or Jack not recognizing the protagonist after Insatiable Despot is beaten.

Calculating Code Vein feats might help as the Queen threw some utterly gigantic Purging Thorns during Operation Queenslayer.

Yeah, maybe so.

Either way, the changes you listed in the above giant post should all be fine to implement. Once we have implemented them, we'd aught to discuss what abilities should go in the notable techniques section.

Also, just checking, exactly how many Queen's Relics are there? The Virgin Born currently scales to 10 of them, but if the Virgin Born was stated in the bathhouse to essentially be the Queen itself, then they might scale to more relics.

That discussion will take some time. Fortunately, I have pretty good knowledge of how they all work, down to less obvious facts like Merciless Reaper's defense negation and...weakness manipulation? Best way to describe it, but I don't think that's a thing here.

I don't think we're told how many there were, what kind of Relics exist and we don't even see all of them. We know about Blood (protag), Heart (Karen), Ribcage (Aurora), Hand (Emily), Lungs (Nicola), Eye (Jack), Throat (currently Eva), Brain (Silva) and that's it. For all we know, there's a Successor of Stomach, Successor of Tongue, Successor of Uterus and so on.

Well, there are actually a ton of relics shown in the good ending, actually. I don't remember how many off the top of my head, but they are absorbed into Io from many places around the land. I think there was at least 14 if my memory serves me right?

I'm pretty sure, yeah. All of the Successors shown are restored to their normal bodies in the good ending, so it wouldn't make much sense for anyone to be left out.

Most of the Successors we know were shown, but we have no idea how many Relics are there and what the other Successors are. Their number could easily reach thirty given how the Relics aren't limited to internal organs as we have Ribcage and Hand. We don't know how they cut up the Queen either.

Also, shouldn't Mido get something for being able to awaken Cannoneer and Blade Bearer, who are both Lost? They seem to be "fresh" too as they are both Cerberus soldiers (as seen in DLC) and given where they are found and when, it's very likely they were turned not long before you've arrived. Turning people into the Lost (most likely by simply removing or damaging their masks) and watching the ensuing carnage is explicitly stated to be something he was doing in Crypt Spire by one of the survivors (who triggers an invasion if you talk to him because of course that has to happen in this game)

The entire point of the ending was that the Successors were no longer necessary and that Io now carried their burden. Again, it makes no sense for every Successor we see in game + more to be in the ending, but for some to be left out. I'm almost positive it was all of them.

I suppose awakening them might mean something? I'm not sure what though.

Have you reached some form of conclusion here?

Back