• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Vein - Some new abilities and clarification for how certain abilities.

Alright to get started.
I'll start by giving new abilities.

Queenslayer and Louis should have Limited Regeneration Negation via Flame Weapon cause of this statement; wounds caused by burning blades are slow to heal, even for revenants. From what I understand, slowing down regeneration but not stopping it counts as a limited version of Regen Negation.

Queenslayer could potentially have Existence Erasure via Blazing Roar for this statement; It is said that those struck by this attack are burned so completely that all they leave behind is a shadow. Not sure if this counts as EE or complete atomization via burning.

Queenslayer should also have Body Control via Blow of Madness via this statement; Unconsciously breaking the fetters that hold the body back and generating that goes beyond psychological barriers a human impossibility, but a fine trick for a revenant.

Now, onto more clarification on how some of the powers work.
Honestly, the profiles don't have much statements, nor links, on how each power works, only that they have it. I want to fix that. Here is what I purpose that should put on the profile for the abilities without a clarification and link.

Forcefield Creation (Able to generate a barrier by utilizing gift; such gifts weave barriers into the blood, providing resistances and dulling various elements)
Poison Manipulation (By coating the blade in poison that destroys the target within should the poison-coated blade cut the target)
Shapeshifting (Various gifts allow the user to transform into mist)

The clarification on Power Null and Sealing are fine, however, we should add a link onto it's description. Same with Density Manipulation, we should add this link onto it's description.
And lastly we should add this link to the description for Spatial Manipulation.

That's it for now. I still need to go through each of the gifts description and look into some other stuff that could be of use for CV characters. I'll attempt to make another blog later, or get the screenshots and give them to someone else to make the CRT.

Now, onto more clarification on how some of the powers work.
Honestly, the profiles don't have much statements, nor links, on how each power works, only that they have it. I want to fix that. Here is what I purpose that should put on the profile for the abilities without a clarification and link.

Forcefield Creation (Able to generate a barrier by utilizing gift; such gifts weave barriers into the blood, providing resistances and dulling various elements)
Poison Manipulation (By coating the blade in poison that destroys the target within should the poison-coated blade cut the target)
Shapeshifting (Various gifts allow the user to transform into mist)
I agree for this feats.

All of this seems perfectly fine, except for Existence Erasure.

The statement that "People who are struck by Blazing Roar are burned so completely that all they leave behind is a shadow" is heavily interpretive. I can see how you'd derive EE from it, especially from the last part, but it could also easily just mean that their body is very heavily disintegrated by the flames. My point being that this isn't really proof of EE, and shouldn't be listed on the profile unless the context makes EE very clear.

Everything else seems good though!

All of this seems perfectly fine, except for Existence Erasure.

The statement that "People who are struck by Blazing Roar are burned so completely that all they leave behind is a shadow" is heavily interpretive. I can see how you'd derive EE from it, especially from the last part, but it could also easily just mean that their body is very heavily disintegrated by the flames. My point being that this isn't really proof of EE, and shouldn't be listed on the profile unless the context makes EE very clear.

Everything else seems good though!
Thanks for your clarification on Blazing Roar as I myself wasn't sure on if it was EE or not, hence why I potentially.

Anyway, I think it's say to input the stuff that has been agreed upon, however, I'm busy at the moment.

Back