• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Vein: Quite a lot of Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
The Code Vein profiles in terms of statistics are still somewhat barebones. I'm on the lookout for proper speed feats currently, but with these changes they should be quite a bit more complete.

Lifting Strength:

This calculatio was recently done by Ugarik (shout out to him for handling it :D) that places the lifting of weapons such as the Zweihander at Peak Human level, or more specifically 274 kg.

So, how should this apply to the profiles? Considering that they are capable of carrying multiple similar-weighted weapons at a time, along with similar weighted Blood Veils all with extraordinary ease and mobility/acrobatics far beyond any reasonable human, I believe this would best be represented on the profile as "At least Peak Human level, likely higher".

Resistances:

This is a pretty simple resistance addition that I'm actually somewhat amazed I didn't take note of until now. In Code Vein, it's established that the Queen's Relics are capable of driving Revenants to insanity. While Revenants who are starved of blood will also eventually go into a frenzy, the Queen's Relics are capable of doing this completely independently, and as such, the Successors need to be killed and replaced after a notable amount of time.

In other words, the Queen's Relics directly attack a Revenants mind, bypassing the normal frenzying process to drive them insane. And all of the Revenants who are capable of becoming Successors are shown to be able to resist these effects for a prolonged period of time (especially for characters like The Queenslayer, who've kept Queen's Relics for multiple years with no ill effects).

As such, all Revenants who are capable of becoming Successors (which would include all of current the Successors + the main cast) should gain Resistance to both Mind Manipulation and Type 2 Madness Manipulation. This would currently scale to all of the main protagonists, and some of the antagonists like Gregorio Silva.

Ability/AP Addition:

This section will detail an ability unique to The Queenslayer called "Final Journey".

This is an ability in-game that gives The Queenslayer an astounding boost in power for a very short amount of time before forcing them to disperse. At first, I simply categorised this as Statistics Amplification alongside... like, way too many forms of Statistics Amplification throughout the game. However, not only is it far more extreme than any other buffs in the game, it explicitly penalises him after the effect is over and seems to be connected to The Queenslayer's desperation to win. As such, I'm inclined to believe that this would be best considered a form of Awakened Power.

Given how extreme the buff is to both The Queenslayer's attack rating and mobility (which are directly connected to AP, Durability, Lifting Strength and Speed) I believe all of those statistics on his profile should be changed to include "Higher with Final Journey".

EDIT: As shown through the Warding Mark description, Sealing should also be added, as inhibit is capable of directly sealing abilities.

EDIT 2: Due to their blood veils being capable of transforming into various other forms, all revenants should have Cloth Manipulation added to their profiles.

Keys:

Currently, the main cast is split into the "Early-Game" and "Late-Game" keys. The Early Game keys scale from 1 Queen Relic, and the Late Game keys scale from 10 Queen's Relics. However, scaling from 10 Queen's Relics is a feat that takes place at the very end of the game, and prior to that they are shown to be comparable to characters such as Juzo Mido and Gregorio Silva, who are just "At least 7-A" via scaling massively beyond 3 Queen Relics. Considering that the main cast fights Juzo Mido and Gregorio Silva before scaling to The Virgin Bor, the character with all 10 Queen Relics, I propose changing their current "Late-Game" key to "End-Game", and adding a "Late-Game" key where they are "At least 7-A" via scaling to Juzo Mido and Gregorio Silva.

Proposed Changes:

• Add the proper lifting strength calc to the profiles, putting them at "At least Peak Human, likely higher".
  • Give Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Type 2 Madness Manipulation to the main cast.
  • Add "Awakened Power" to The Queenslayer's abilities
  • Add "Higher with Final Journey" to The Queenslayer's Attack Potency, Durability, Lifting Strength and Speed.
  • Add Sealing to profiles of all Revenants, due to being able to inflict inhibit, an effect which seals powers away.
  • Change the "Late-Game" keys of the main cast to "End-Game", and add a "Late-Game" key at At least 7-A via scaling to Juzo Mido and Gregorio Silva.

is... is that an agreement?

what do I make of this? :T

I'll take that as a support then. :D

Ah, good find. It's pretty limited, but that does fall under Sealing. I'll add it to the OP.

Thank you, Konaguna. I've added a bit more to the OP probably a bit late, but just a minor section that shouldn't be too controversial

Any staff members who could be contacted about this (other than me of course)?

Yeah, it's already listed as powernull on profiles. This would just mean it is sealing as well.

Well, that has more to do with their blood veils, but since that's pretty standard equipment for them I might as well include it.

Thank you.

There doesn't seem to be any disagreement over the changes so far, and considering how few people there are involved with this verse it should be fine to implement the changes. I would still like to get input from at least one other staff member on this though.

Well, alright. In that case, I think the changes can be applied.

All finished. Might have to make some mild edits, as I imagine there were likely some very minor formatting or grammar mistakes that slipped through the cracks. Otherwise, everything is good. I'll close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back