• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classroom of the Elite Discussion Thread

Starting the COTE discussion thread to add more organization to the verse since their arent many active scalers
MV5BMDZmYjc0NDMtM2VkNy00Yjc2LThiMGQtYjJkOWRiNzdlODQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NTI5MDY@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
What volume is currently? I forgot which volume last time i read it, i guess when ayanoukouji fight houken the big dude with knife. Did you know which volume is that?

Amasawa hit Kushidas cheek so fast that she didn’t even feel it until a few seconds later. They were both face to face when Kushida only realized something was wrong when she heard the smack. What speed would this be? (Added another scan proving that she was also holding back.)

Last edited:
Amasawa hit Kushidas cheek so fast that she didn’t even feel it until a few seconds later. They were both face to face when Kushida only realized something was wrong when she heard the smack. What speed would this be? (Added another scan proving that she was also holding back.)

Definitely FTE Kushida was on guard and attacking during that time so she wouldnt have looked away for no reason. I think its valid

Definitely FTE Kushida was on guard and attacking during that time so she wouldnt have looked away for no reason. I think its valid
Also the fact that she was going "gentle" on Kushida should imply she was going easy on her. Should qualify for likely higher.

I saw a scan about Ayanokouji (not sure which volume) posted by “Companion”, where Ayanokouji stated that:
”Even if they (referring to 5th Generation whiteroomers) went from 5 to a 20 or even a 30, it wouldn’t matter because I’m a perfect 100”.

Can this be indicative of Ayanokouji’s AP and speed, if that’s the case then:
*Ayanokouji get’s bumped to 853 Kilojoules to ~ 1.3 Megajoules (Amasawa is stronger than Ibuki who dented a metal elevator)
*Amasawa and Yagami get downgraded to ~34.5 m/s to 51.7 m/s (Ayanokouji’s current speed is 172.4 m/s)

Should a CRT be made about this or?

I don’t think that feat in particular would qualify for subsonic. Bruce Lee could punch so fast that even cameras weren’t able to detect his fist moving and the current world record holder for the fastest punch ever thrown (who should be faster than Bruce) was only able to punch at 20 m/s (Superhuman).

Speed isn’t necessary to blitz humans through punches, the fist of a human is relatively small and with proper technique/orientation, it can appear invisible to the eye despite not being subsonic. The lighting of that scene was dark to begin with because it was night time in the middle of a forest.

But even despite that, you don’t even need to faster than the eye to speed/perception blitz a human being.

To illustrate my point, let’s wank Kushida up to baseline superhuman perceptions (which’d be like saying she’s faster than Ryuen and Manabu despite being a featless character), so that means her perception would be 0.08 seconds and to give further benefit of doubt, let’s also assume the distance b/w Kushida and Amasawa was 2 meter (twice the standard assumption of such feats, although the illustration of that scene suggests they were hardly at one arm distance), that means Amasawa would have to move at any speed beyond 25 m/s to blitz Kushida, that’s superhuman. Same applies with the feat of her blitzing Ibuki and Horikita, she is not subsonic unless calced otherwise.

Last edited:
I don’t think that feat in particular would qualify for subsonic. Bruce Lee could punch so fast that even cameras weren’t able to detect his fist moving and the current world record holder for the fastest punch ever thrown (who should be faster than Bruce) was only able to punch at 20 m/s (Superhuman).

Speed isn’t necessary to blitz humans through punches, the fist of a human is relatively small and with proper technique/orientation, it can appear invisible to the eye despite not being subsonic. The lighting of that scene was dark to begin with because it was night time in the middle of a forest.

But even despite that, you don’t even need a speed of 34.3 m/s to speed blitz a human being.

To illustrate my point, let’s wank Kushida up to baseline superhuman perceptions (which’d be like saying she’s faster than Ryuen and Manabu despite being a featless character), so that means her perception would be 0.08 seconds and to give further benefit of doubt, let’s also assume the distance b/w Kushida and Amasawa was 2 meter (twice the standard assumption of such feats, although the illustration of that scene suggests they were hardly at one arm distance), that means Amasawa would have to move at any speed beyond 25 m/s to blitz Kushida, that’s superhuman. Same applies with the feat of her blitzing Ibuki and Horikita, she is not subsonic unless calced otherwise.
There’s a difference between being unable to react due to not being fast enough and not being able to see the attack/process what just happened. In the scans I presented above Kushida was perplexed because she heard a smacking sound. Just when she started to wonder what happened she started to feel the pain. Plus the Bruce lee cameras… what about the frames? 😂

There’s a difference between being unable to react due to not being fast enough and not being able to see the attack/process what just happened. In the scans I presented above Kushida was perplexed because she heard a smacking sound. Just when she started to wonder what happened she started to feel the pain. Plus the Bruce lee cameras… what about the frames? 😂
Yes even that, the cameras weren’t able to perceive how fast Bruce Lee was punching, so even he’s subsonic now? And again, I edited the comment to add an example, giving Amasawa the benefit of the doubt according to this wiki’s PERCEPTION tierlist (i.e. how fast you percieve something, which has to do with how fast something can be processed) and gave her a 2 meters distance on top of that.

And what’s your counterargument to the Bruce Lee feat “what about the frames?”, what do you even mean? I am referring to blitzing, which isn’t just not being able to react (outspeeding), it is not being able to process what happened.

You completely ignored my argument as to why speed wasn’t necessary to not be able to percieve an object.

Yes even that, the cameras weren’t able to perceive how fast Bruce Lee was punching, so even he’s subsonic now? And again, I edited the comment to add an example, giving Amasawa the benefit of the doubt according to this wiki’s PERCEPTION tierlist (i.e. how fast you percieve something, which has to do with how fast something can be processed) and gave her a 2 meters distance on top of that.

And what’s your counterargument to Bruce Lee feat “what about the frames?”, what do you even mean? I am referring to blitzing, which isn’t just not being able to react (outspeeding), it is not being able to process what happened.

You completely ignored my argument as to why speed wasn’t necessary to not be able to percoeve an object.
Faster then the eye is already accepted as Subsonic in the wiki. Kushida being clueless that she even got hit is further proof. By frames I’m talking about camera quality frames. This must’ve been somewhere back in the 60s. I just saw the video and even though I definitely wouldn’t be able to block that, I would realize that he made the movements to hit me.

Faster then the eye is already accepted as Subsonic in the wiki. Kushida being clueless that she even got hit is further proof. By frames I’m talking about camera quality frames. This must’ve been somewhere back in the 60s. I just saw the video and even though I definitely wouldn’t be able to block that, I would realize that he made the movements to hit me.
Bruce was in his american roles from 1966-1970 and there’s no reason to assume that their perceptions are slower than the human eye’s.

FTE is accepted by the wiki yes, but I’m pretty sure it’s referring to the movement of a human-sized object or larger (say a train) that would appear invisible instead of small objects (say a fist). I do understand your point, unless there are profiles on this wiki which give subsonic ratings to characters because they punched to fast for people to perceive, the statement of “FTE” remains vague.

Edit: Actually, the FTE feats concerns were already cleared up in this thread. And they agreed that just because an object appeared invisible to the eye, doesn’t mean it’s FTE.

Bruce was in his american roles from 1966-1970 and there’s no reason to assume that their perceptions are slower than the human eye’s.

FTE is accepted by the wiki yes, but I’m pretty sure it’s referring to the movement of a human-sized object or larger (say a train) that would appear invisible instead of small objects (say a fist).
No… FTE means FTE. In the Bruce lee video, the man that was being tested on wasn’t able to block the attack but he was able to react to it. In my scans it proves that Ichikas attack was too fast for Ichika to even realize she moved. No blur or anything was mentioned to signify there was still movement, it was just the sound. It’s like getting punched by a guy is is standing completely still, no sign of movement.

No… FTE means FTE. In the Bruce lee video, the man that was being tested on wasn’t able to block the attack but he was able to react to it. In my scans it proves that Ichikas attack was too fast for Ichika to even realize she moved. No blur or anything was mentioned to signify there was still movement, it was just the sound. It’s like getting punched by a guy is is standing completely still, no sign of movement.
The FTE feats concern was already cleared up in this thread and the calc group agreed to the notion that just because something appeared invisble/un-perceiveable to the eye =/= Subsonic or FTE. Also in that gif, both the gifs, the man just stood still and didn’t even move, he didn’t react. It was never stated anywhere that he was able to percieve the blow either, so it means his punch did appear invisible to the man.

The FTE feats concern was already cleared up in this thread and the calc group agreed to the notion that just because something appeared invisble/un-perceiveable to the eye =/= Subsonic. Also in that gif, both the gifs, the man just stood still and didn’t even move, he didn’t react. Also, it was never stated anywhere that he was able to percieve the blow either, so it means his punch did appear invisible to the man.
My scans show that it was just a simple slap. She wasn’t waving her hand infront of Kushidas eyes to create the illusion of being invisible. One swing being FTE whilst not being right up your face. I don’t know how that thread debunks anything. It even says moving as a blur wouldn’t be enough but my scans signify that it was too fast to even leave a trace of movement.

My scans show that it was just a simple slap. She wasn’t waving her hand infront of Kushidas eyes to create the illusion of being invisible. One swing being FTE whilst not being right up your face. I don’t know how that thread debunks anything. It even says moving as a blur wouldn’t be enough but my scans signify that it was too fast to even leave a trace of movement.
“Flap your hand in front of your face. If you do it real fast you'll have pretty much no visual obstruction”
It legit says that there, if your hand moves fast enough it will have no visual obstruction i.e. it won’t leave any trace of movement

Site admin even left a comment: ”I in principle agree regarding FTE feats. However, I don't think as many people need to get downgraded as you make out.
If a human-sized or larger character can move so fast that its entire body can't be seen, isn't using notable camouflage and isn't doing so in an especially dark place, that character should still be at least subsonic.“

The criteria for FTE requires the whole body to disappear instead of just “punch so fast you couldn’t even see”

Oh yea and the problem is with the slap too.
In the first scan, Kushida herself was in her thoughts wondering how Amasawa came to her without a backpack or tablet so:
1. She wasn’t even focused on Amsawa, but instead trying to look for a bagpack or tablet, then got lost in her own thoughts.
2. Amasawa hit her cheek from the side, she didn’t directly punch her in the face. So really there’s all the problem with orientation (slapped from the side instead of the front, which is less visible to the eye), size (Amasawa’s below average height and hands are small in general), luminosity (it was night time) as discussed in that thread and focus (Kushida zoned put).

The scan about Amasawa’s second slap says nothing about Kushida not being able to perceive her, she even said that she even tried to block (i.e. she knew Amasawa would attack and saw her punch to try and block).

“Flap your hand in front of your face. If you do it real fast you'll have pretty much no visual obstruction”
It legit says that there, if your hand moves fast enough it will have no visual obstruction i.e. it won’t leave any trace of movement

Site admin even left a comment: ”I in principle agree regarding FTE feats. However, I don't think as many people need to get downgraded as you make out.
If a human-sized or larger character can move so fast that its entire body can't be seen, isn't using notable camouflage and isn't doing so in an especially dark place, that character should still be at least subsonic.“

The criteria for FTE requires the whole body to disappear instead of just “punch so fast you couldn’t even see”
The body was still the whole time proved by Kushida not being aware of any changes. Again, the only things that led her to realize she’d been hit is the sound, then the pain. Here, stare at your wall. Smack. You’ve been hit by the wall but the wall is still, no sign of movements or changes.

Oh yea and the problem is with the slap too.
In the first scan, Kushida herself was in her thoughts wondering how Amasawa came to her without a backpack or tablet so:
1. She wasn’t even focused on Amsawa, but instead trying to look for a bagpack or tablet, then got lost in her own thoughts.
2. Amasawa hit her cheek from the side, she didn’t directly punch her in the face. So really there’s all the problem with orientation (slapped from the side instead of the front), size (Amasawa’s below average height and hands are small in general) And luminosity (it was night time) as discussed in that thread.

The scan about Amasawa’s second slap says nothing about Kushida not being able to perceive her, she even said that she even tried to block (i.e. she knew Amasawa would attack and saw her punch to try and block).
She was looking at Amasawa, noticing that she lacked those items. Also since when was it nighttime?? Kushida was literally trying to catch Ayanokoji hitting Nanase on camera. Great idea to do it at night.

The body was still the whole time proved by Kushida not being aware of any changes. Again, the only things that led her to realize she’d been hit is the sound, then the pain. Here, stare at your wall. Smack. You’ve been hit by the wall but the wall is still, no sign of movements or changes.
Proves nothing, this can only be FTE if Amasawa’s entire body disappeared from Kushida’s sight, which it didn’t, so it can’t be FTE.

She was looking at Amasawa, noticing that she lacked those items. Also since when was it nighttime?? Kushida was literally trying to catch Ayanokoji hitting Nanase on camera. Great idea to do it at night.
It was night time, look at the illustration where Amasawa is grabbing Kushida by her hair. And she wasn’t looking at Amasawa’s hands only her back to notice that that her bag and tablet were missing. And during Nanase and Ayanokouji’s fight, it was stated beforehand that she was fighting him in the night.

Whatever, you don’t really have any scans to prove Amasawa’s entire body disappeared instead of just her hands, so verify it with a calc group member.

I saw a scan about Ayanokouji (not sure which volume) posted by “Companion”, where Ayanokouji stated that:
”Even if they (referring to 5th Generation whiteroomers) went from 5 to a 20 or even a 30, it wouldn’t matter because I’m a perfect 100”.

*Ayanokouji get’s bumped to 853 Kilojoules to ~ 1.3 Megajoules (Amasawa is stronger than Ibuki who dented a metal elevator)
*Amasawa and Yagami get downgraded to ~34.5 m/s to 51.7 m/s (Ayanokouji’s current speed is 172.4 m/s)

Whatever, FTE is up for grabs, my bigger is concern is this. Should a CRT be made to upgrade Ayanokouji’s AP?

Proves nothing, this can only be FTE if Amasawa’s entire body disappeared from Kushida’s sight, which it didn’t, so it can’t be FTE.
You don’t have to be invisible. You have to be faster then the said humans perception. Kushida is at least Athletic human so this would grant Ichika FTE.
It was night time, look at the illustration where Amasawa is grabbing Kushida by her hair. And she wasn’t looking at Amasawa’s hands only her back to notice that that her bag and tablet were missing. And during Nanase and Ayanokouji’s fight, it was stated beforehand that she was fighting him in the night.
Wrong, it was getting cloudy.

Also since when did Ichika have subsonic+? If she actually does have it, shouldn’t Ayanokoji’s speed be upgraded to supersonic+?

You don’t have to be invisible. You have to be faster then the said humans perception. Kushida is at least Athletic human so this would grant Ichika FTE.

Wrong, it was getting cloudy.
Eh, whatever, ask for calc group member approval. Arguing won’t get us anywhere.
Also, what do you think about Ayanokouji’s 20-30 statement?

I think it would have to be more proof of the AP/strength difference between White room students because he could have been referring to physical and mental ability in one. i made a similar CRT for another verse and it was accepted but later denied for that exact reason. Thats why i wish Ayanokouji fought Yagami hand to hand. Maybe when Vol. 0 we will get more clarification on the strength difference

You both are making some great points honestly but i think Amasawa is subsonic. She created an after image against Kushida if I remember correctly is that still considered FTE?

You both are making some great points honestly but i think Amasawa is subsonic. She created an after image against Kushida if I remember correctly is that still considered FTE?
I don’t remember any mentions of after image. I’ll ask for more opinions on what the speed is. So far I’ve been getting FTE.

Back