• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's still flying, he's not using his legs. Regardless, I don't think any of this will suddenly mean Classic dodges every move, because again, he can.
Why not? Those moves are techniques Sonic knows. There is no evidence he wouldn't use those techniques on the ground dealing with a ground based enemy like Rabbid Mario because Classic Super Sonic has never fought someone who was ground based. Dark Gaia doesn't count because of the massive size difference and Sonic focusing on the head.

This applies to all of Super Sonic's fights.

Rabbid Mario also has an ability that forces enemies to come to him.
And force them to come in at a straight line and remain stationary so they can get hit? And its spamable? :/

Classic Super Sonic still has the speed advantage to not get hit.

Super Peel Out or the faster in combat Drop Dash (battle assumption for Rabbid Mario and Sonic says its not an open field, even takes place in a location, Green Hill Zone, where Sonic is more knowledgable than Rabbid Mario),

Time Break, slows down time for Rabbid Mario to near stop,

and passive Afterimage creation, making Rabbid Mario seeing multiple faster than he can move clones of Sonic that are always being created, is making it dubious for me to believe Rabbid Mario can land a hit.

Last edited:
And force them to come in at a straight line and remain stationary so they can get hit? And its spamable? :/
As it shows, it forces the enemy to directly come to Rabbid Mario. Meaning he can just shoot him as he's moving towards him.

Classic Super Sonic still has the speed advantage to get hit.
Which relies on two moves that require him to stay in the same position, leaving him vulnerable.

Super Peel Out or the faster in combat Drop Dash (battle assumption for Rabbid Mario and Sonic says its not an open field, even takes place in a location, Green Hill Zone, where Sonic is more knowledgable than Rabbid Mario),
Okay and why does this matter? I highly doubt this will do much, or anything at all. Won't stop him from getting blasted.

Time Break, slows down time for Rabbid Mario to near stop
However Time Break also slows Sonic, not just Rabbid Mario.

and passive Afterimage creation, making Rabbid Mario seeing multiple faster than he can move clones of Sonic that are always being created, is making it dubious for me to believe Rabbid Mario can land a hit.
Why would we say Sonic is just that much faster. Speed isn't exactly a large factor when Rabbid Mario already keeps up with what I argue as characters with better agility. And the fact that Rabbid Mario can just straight up force Sonic to come to him makes it an easy win. Classic has nothing to bypass Magnet Dance.

As it shows, it forces the enemy to directly come to Rabbid Mario. Meaning he can just shoot him as he's moving towards him.
Cool, Sonic can jump over it as he is forced to go towards him. Speed equal is effects projectile, as DDM said in a Metroid vs thread.

Which relies on two moves that require him to stay in the same position, leaving him vulnerable.
Er, Drop Dash works by Sonic jumping in the air and coming down. As soon as he hits the ground, he shoots off in speed. "Staying in the same position" I think you are referring to the Spin Dash.

Okay and why does this matter? I highly doubt this will do much, or anything at all. Won't stop him from getting blasted.
Provides cover for any moves that require charge time, as you pointed out.

However Time Break also slows Sonic, not just Rabbid Mario.
Obstacles noticeably moves slower than they were before. Sonic does slow down but not to the extend as the Obstacles. This isn't from observation, I grew up on this broke wii motion game. Had to use Time Break a lot to make any progress.

Speed isn't exactly a large factor when Rabbid Mario already keeps up with what I argue as characters with better agility.
Speed Equal, except with in character abilities or techniques that increase speed.

Classic has nothing to bypass Magnet Dance.
I watched the clip play out. The enemies in the back didn't reach Rabbid Mario but changed direction for regular Mario once it was their turn to move. Also, Rabbid Mario couldn't attack immediately after using that ability.

Last edited:
Cool, Sonic can jump over it as he is forced to go towards him. Speed equal is effects projectile, as DDM said in a Metroid vs thread.
Okay, that doesn't stop the fact that when Rabbid Mario attacks, he creates an explosion. So he still gets hit, plus Rabbid Mario's already been able to shoot enemies mid-air.

Er, Drop Dash works by Sonic jumping in the air and coming down. As soon as he hits the ground, he shoots off in speed. "Staying in the same position" I think you are referring to the Spin Dash.
No, I know how Drop Dash works. Still unsure how it bypasses anything I listed. Again, stop downplaying Rabbid Mario's shots. Sonic's not going to be untouchable, he's been hit several times before in his own boss battles.

Provides cover for any moves that require charge time, as you pointed out.
So we're just going to assume Sonic runs away, charges up, and comes back? Yeah, no.

Obstacles noticeably moves slower than they were before. Sonic does slow down but not to the extend as the Obstacles. This isn't from observation, I grew up on this broke wii motion game. Had to use Time Break a lot to make any progress.
Time Break is used because it gives you, the player, more time to react to obstacles because we aren't affected by it. Still won't bypass being forced to go to Rabbid Mario and just being hit by an aoe attack or anything else with a larger blast.

Speed Equal.
Doesn't disallow me to use characters with good agility as an argument.

I watched the clip play out. The enemies in the back didn't reach Rabbid Mario but changed direction for regular Mario once it was their turn to move. Also, Rabbid Mario couldn't attack immediately after using that ability.
Okay, and why does that matter when the enemies will run towards Rabbid Mario. That second argument is a blatant game mechanic, come on, it's a turn-based game.

Okay so overall, Sonic has nothing to bypass Rabbid Mario's Magnet Dance and aoe attack. Good to know.

he creates an explosion.
It explodes when it hits, won't explode when Sonic dodges. It'll explode when it comes in contact with something in the background.

Rabbid Mario's already been able to shoot enemies mid-air.
Sonic jumps over the first shot and lands before the 2nd shot is fired. Speed Equal.

No, I know how Drop Dash works. Still unsure how it bypasses anything I listed.
Just pointing out that Drop Dash doesn't require Sonic to stay in the same position is all.

he's been hit several times before in his own boss battles.
Boss battles that doesn't allow Sonic to use the abilities I've listed because the fights aren't on the ground and they take place in a wide open space. This battle against Rabbid Mario does not.

So we're just going to assume Sonic runs away, charges up, and comes back? Yeah, no.
So we are going to assume that he continues to hit Rabbid Mario over and over again without retreating when he realize he isn't damaging Rabbid Mario or moving him? Yeah, no.

Time Break is used because it gives you, the player, more time to react to obstacles because we aren't affected by it. Still won't bypass being forced to go to Rabbid Mario and just being hit by an aoe attack or anything else with a larger blast.
I'm dumb. Let me clear up the Time Break argument with a cutscene. Apparently, Ifrit Golem is similar or equal in speed to Sonic for Sonic to need to use it.

Speed Equal doesn't disallow me to use characters with good agility as an argument.
"Agility: Ability to move quickly and easily."

I'm not sure how much this would factor into this fight nor do I believe Rabbid Mario is equal to Mario in this stat nor Mario's is better than Sonic's, so you won't get a more intelligent debate out of me over this one.

Okay, and why does that matter when the enemies will run towards Rabbid Mario. That second argument is a blatant game mechanic, come on, it's a turn-based game.
You are using Magnet Dance as way to argue Sonic will not be able to escape/is helpless, when running towards Rabbid Mario, trapped till he is hit or touches Rabbid Mario. The Game itself clearly shows it's not like that. As for "game mechanic", I found Rabbid Peach using Shield before firing her gun 37:22. I played Kingdom Battle once and remembered not all moves lets you attack after using the move. Can Rabbid Mario use his gun after using Magnet Dance like Rabbid Peach's special move?

Okay so overall, Sonic has nothing to bypass Rabbid Mario's Magnet Dance and aoe attack. Good to know.
Er, you asked me a question, good sir.

You are using Magnet Dance as way to argue Sonic will not be able to escape/is helpless, when running towards Rabbid Mario, trapped till he is hit or touches Rabbid Mario. The Game itself clearly shows it's not like that. As for "game mechanic", I found Rabbid Peach using Shield before firing her gun 37:22. I played Kingdom Battle once and remembered not all moves lets you attack after using the move. Can Rabbid Mario use his gun after using Magnet Dance like Rabbid Peach's special move?
Yes Rabbid Mario can use his guns after he uses any of his abilities.

Damn on that line of thought then. My point still stands on the others factors. Sonic has more than enough edge to not let himself get hit.

Also, Sonic's regular power ups don't stack on top of his Super form, especially not invulnerability, so it really wouldn't be in character for him to rely on them.

Why not? Those moves are techniques Sonic knows. There is no evidence he wouldn't use those techniques on the ground dealing with a ground based enemy like Rabbid Mario because Classic Super Sonic has never fought someone who was ground based in canon. Dark Gaia doesn't count because of the massive size difference and Sonic focusing on the head.

This applies to all of Super Sonic's fights.

Those power-ups should work just as well in the air as they do on the ground, so I don't see how that's an excuse. I thought you were referring to techniques like the drop dash and the Super peel out with that statement.

Oh, I am. I thought thats what you meant by power ups for a moment, as my entire argument had noting to do with power ups.

Completely forgot what Hyperspace said. Haven't reread this thread in awhile.

It's kind of a necro now. Classic Sonic's AP is now >>>>>>>> FEB = 5.708 ExaFoe, while Rabbid Mario scales to starry sky, which is 16.88 ExaFoe

Now this is probably enough for Classic Sonic to eithet easily win or outright stomp Rabbid Mario as of now

It's kind of a necro now. Classic Sonic's AP is now >>>>>>>> FEB = 5.708 ExaFoe, while Rabbid Mario scales to starry sky, which is 16.88 ExaFoe

Now this is probably enough for Classic Sonic to eithet easily win or outright stomp Rabbid Mario as of now
How much does Super Sonic upscale from the FEB and why?

How much does Super Sonic upscale from the FEB and why?
Sonic massively scales above the FEB because he's powered by the Chaos Emeralds, whose sought by Eggman as for their “unimaginable power”, and thus the power of the Final Egg Blaster should hold no candle to them and their strength.

Any Super form should at bare minimum scale to the minimal power of the Chaos Emeralds, which already massively dwarfs the likes of the FEB in power

Doesn't that mean Perfect Chaos should be upgraded to 4-A? The emeralds vary in power to the point that we know for a fact they can go FAR higher than the FEB, but who's to say they' can't also go lower? The ARK apparantly needed all 7 of them to blow up the Earth. When Eggman pissed on the moon with it, he used 5 of them, It would make sense for it to be a warning shot, but then why would he need all 7?

Doesn't that mean Perfect Chaos should be upgraded to 4-A? The emeralds vary in power to the point that we know for a fact they can go FAR higher than the FEB, but who's to say they' can't also go lower? The ARK apparantly needed all 7 of them to blow up the Earth. When Eggman pissed on the moon with it, he used 5 of them, It would make sense for it to be a warning shot, but then why would he need all 7?
He should. But I'll do that thread in another time

Alright, but at the moment, it's not accepted, so I'm still voting for Rabbid Mario. Sorry, that's just how matchups work on this site

Alright, but at the moment, it's not accepted, so I'm still voting for Rabbid Mario. Sorry, that's just how matchups work on this site
Classic Sonic isn't 4-A because of Chaos though. His 4-A rating comes from the FEB calc, which is only 3 times lower than Rabbid Mario's AP

Super Sonic scales massively above that and have stonewall durability on top of that

A 3x times difference pretty is massive when it comes to characters of this scale
1) a 3 times difference in this scale is the same as a 3 times difference in any other scale

2) The difference isn't even 3 times. You seem to completely ignore the part when I said Sonic acales MASSIVELY above this feat, so the AP difference is either neglible or even in Sonic's favor.Also Sonic is much more skilled and haxxed than Rabbid Mario and Super forms can no sell attacks from characters even stronger than themselves, like Metal Overlord

1) a 3 times difference in this scale is the same as a 3 times difference in any other scale
Is that what the AP page says? I haven't looked it up in a while. A normal human fighting someone 3 times stronger than them should be fighting way less of an uphill battle than a galaxy buster fighting someone 3× stronger than them, because the multiplier makes way less of a difference
2) The difference isn't even 3 times. You seem to completely ignore the part when I said Sonic acales MASSIVELY above this feat, so the AP difference is either neglible or even in Sonic's favor.
I didn't ignore it, it's just unuclear what "massively" means in this situation and if it's even accurate. It was agreed that the Super forms scale equally to the FEB, and that was reasonable considering its charge time and the fact that it's a god damn giant laser rather than a robot.
Also Sonic is much more skilled and haxxed than Rabbid Mario and Super forms can no sell attacks from characters even stronger than themselves, like Metal Overlord
That part is fair though. Sonic could just stone wall him and outmanuver him with greater agility. Rabbid Mario still has better range, power and defenses though. This is a really close call... Does Sonic have access to the Wisps? Classic Sonic is shown to use them in Runners

Is that what the AP page says? I haven't looked it up in a while. A normal human fighting someone 3 times stronger than them should be fighting way less of an uphill battle than a galaxy buster fighting someone 3× stronger than them, because the multiplier makes way less of a difference

I didn't ignore it, it's just unuclear what "massively" means in this situation and if it's even accurate. It was agreed that the Super forms scale equally to the FEB, and that was reasonable considering its charge time and the fact that it's a god damn giant laser rather than a robot.

That part is fair though. Sonic could just stone wall him and outmanuver him with greater agility. Rabbid Mario still has better range, power and defenses though. This is a really close call... Does Sonic have access to the Wisps? Classic Sonic is shown to use them in Runners
He get's acces to wisp's in this fight, And just in case anyone forgots Rabbid Mario has statis Inducment (Like Turning the oppentent into stone and the vampire effect) and his abilites has cooldown's. (Like an minute or five)

He get's acces to wisp's in this fight, And just in case anyone forgots Rabbid Mario has statis Inducment (Like Turning the oppentent into stone and the vampire effect) and his abilites has cooldown's. (Like an minute or five)
In that case, I'm changing my vote to Sonic. Wisps and ring time really carry him in this one, especially since Rabbid Mario has never shown the same resistance to transmutation as Mario has. Base form modern Sonic broke free from petrification before, so Super Classic Sonic could probably do the same. Add on stuff like insta-shield and Sonic's better agility and manuverabillity, and not even the Rabbid's range and AP advantage can give him the win. He would come close, though. As his boomshots spread, they would be much harder to dodge, but Sonic's stonewall should allow him to survive at least one clean shot and some time of the vampire after-effect. By then, he would likely stop fooling around and use one of his win conditions.
According to his profile, Classic Sonic can even use time break, which should make the win much easier, but I have no idea when the hell he ever used it?? And it's not specified wether it's via standard equipment or not

According to his profile, Classic Sonic can even use time break, which should make the win much easier, but I have no idea when the hell he ever used it?? And it's not specified wether it's via standard equipment or not
iirc it's a skill he can utilize in Generations

There's no reason why there would be any difference. Their relative difference is still 3 times whenever that they're 10-B or 4-A. Say for example you have 2 characters, and one is 3 times as strong as the other. Obviously Character A easily overpowers Character B. Now you give them both a 100 times multiplier so both are 100 times stronger than before. However, because both increased by the same amount, Character A is going to overpower Character B with as much difficulty as earlier.

Also the difference between them isn't even 3 times. Super Sonic scales massively above the FEB calc
Actually, it wasn't. The agreed concensus is that the Chaos Emeralds' minimum output is vastly superior to the FEB, as Eggman descirbes the Chaos Emeralds as artifacts with "Unimaginable power", meaning that their power far surpasses anything that Eggman has built, and that includes the FEB, which did said 5.708 ExaFoe calc

Fair, but when Eggman says the emeralds have unimaginable power, he was likely referring to their peek. We know the emeralds vary in power, so who's to say that their absolute minimum is above the FEB when they've also shown tier 5 and even tier 6-7 feats?

Last edited:
Back