• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classic RE and Modern RE Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
This discussion started in a previous thread here, but i think it was better separated it.

For who don't know, i have suggested to separate all the original RE chararacters (Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong) in two keys.

Classic, which is everything from RE0 to Umbrella's End (RE Umbrella Chronicles).

Modern, which is everything from RE4 to the last instalment RE7.

Since from RE4 there the protagonists has been notable increase of their physical capacities due of more impressive feats.

- If back in Classic RE BOWs such as Lickers or Hunters were physically stronger than any RE protagonists, in Modern RE we have seen many instances were characters like Chris or Leon where able to physically match BOWs to even kill them with their bare hands, at example Leon in Damnation could restrain a Leacker's movements long enough to grab his gu.

- If back in Classic RE Wesker could easily withstand Chris's punches, in Modern RE Chris's punches were actually able to slightly hurt him.

- Modern Chris is as suppost to be as strong as Jack Muller, who had fought and defeat a weakened Ustanak in hand to hand combat, while be physically stronger than Ethan Winters, as at difference of the latter Chris is capable to oneshot Molded.

Overall i think there is enough justification, and the profile are going to be turn intro something like this.

Tier: 9-B, At least 9-B with small firearms, 9-A with heavy weapons and explosives | At least 9-B physically and with small firearms, High 8-C with heavy weapons and explosives

Key: Classic (RE0 to Umbrella's End) | Modern (RE4 to RE7)

I'd wait until some more feats are evaluated becuase there might actually not be enough differences between versions in terms of stats, specially those of weapons.

Numbersguy said:
Eh, Chris didn't show superhuman strength in RE1 or in the remake of RE1...
I havent played the remake. But chris in the RE1 has zero physical feats. Zero. Unless being pummeled by the Tyrant counts.

Numbersguy said:
Eh, Chris didn't show superhuman strength in RE1 or in the remake of RE1...
Actually Chris, Jill, Rebecca and Billy are capable to completely shatter zombie's heads with a single stomp.

The only one who should get a separated key if anything is Leon. He went through training and stuff since his first day in the RPD.

You can actually crush zombie heads if they grab you on the floor, that requires wall level AP minimum.

Also if the tyrant grabs you and you have a dagger equipped the character will stab clean through the Tyrants arm.

I still dont get the point. They have better feats, so what. They are still 9-B physically. Its not like they jumped tiers.

PaChi2 said:
I still dont get the point. They have better feats, so what. They are still 9-B physically. Its not like they jumped tiers.
Just because they're 9-B it doesn't mean Chris from RE1 is to be treated as the same Chris from RE5.

Do you really think RE2 Leon could had be able to pull the same feats he did in RE4, RE6 and the Movies?

Just because they're 9-B it doesn't mean Chris from RE1 is to be treated as the same Chris from RE5.

Do you really think RE2 Leon could had be able to pull the same feats he did in RE4, RE6 and the Movies?

Redundant keys are unnecessary. Simple as that.

"Leon ... Long time no see.

ADA TO LEON UPON MEETING AFTER A LONG TIME"

What in the world is this lol.

Your reason is far worse than mine to be honest, at least in my case its due the clear jump in strength of the RE protagonists and not because of just a time skip.

Your reason is far worse than mine to be honest, at least in my case its due the clear jump in strength of the RE protagonists and not because of just a time skip.

Lol? Far worse? Leon learning martial arts? That alone would be enough for another key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back