• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classic Mega Man (Canon) vs. Sonic the Hedgehog (Canon)

I'll assume by canon you mean game canon.

In this case (assuming max potential), Sonic should have the upper hand if he has access to all of his Super Forms due to superior hax. However, if he starts in base Mega Man can time stop then pelt with Mega Buster rounds before going in for the kill with one of his highest ouput weapons (i.e. the Thunder Beam or Atomic Fire).

DC, Durability, and Speed go to Mega Man in base, but all of Sonic's forms outside of werehog form will give the Blue Bomber serious contenton, but he should be able to clear up to Darkspine and Hyper.

Base Sonic and Werehog get stomped by Mega, Excalibur Sonic would get destroyed as well. Super Sonic could put up a solid fight and they would be near equals but I would still give the SLIGHT edge to Mega Man. Darkspine Sonic with his reality warping I think will come in the clutch for Sonic to take Round 1 (I'm still of the opinion Darkspine is Universe Level).

Round 2 Hyper Sonic takes it solidly with equal or superior speed and far superior DC and Durability.

i'm not too familiar with classic megaman even though i did play the games..it didn't have that much lore and was never as serious as the X series so i mostly just remember gameplay stuff

however if classic megaman is anywhere near X he would totally stomp/blitz sonic (as i'm assuming sonic starts at base)

Sonic in a game says that the speed of light is not challenge him, Megaman has reaction at lightning speed straight, but he has no such speed, already exceeds sonic, Sonic would hit a lot in Megaman even in base form

Majin-Form said:
Sonic in a game says that the speed of light is not challenge him, Megaman has reaction at lightning speed straight, but he has no such speed, already exceeds sonic, Sonic would hit a lot in Megaman even in base form
You do realise Mega Man is MFTL.

Davy0 said:
Please show the piece of evidence that states Super Emeralds are a non-factor.
serving as lock-on bonuses to enrich the experience for players who had already collected the Chaos Emeralds. At Sonic Boom 2013, Takashi Iizuka said (as translated by the Q&A board's translator) "So Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles had...the lock-on, and...for people who played Sonic 3the first time, they went through and they collected all the emeralds, right? ...So you already played Sonic 3 and you go to playSonic & Knuckles, you've gotta have more emeralds to collect...and we put the Super Emeralds right there... Going forward, y'know, we also have...the Super Emeralds, the Master Emerald, and there's all these emeralds, and we've got too many, so when we released Sonic Adventure, we went back and just sort of cleaned up all the Emeralds and kind of reduced that down so we can have a little more control."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzxRoIX4QU at 19:40

That doesn't mean that they aren't canon, all it means is that they were de-powered.

And Super Sonic is a very large boost to Sonic's physical abilities, that's why I'm assuming that Super Sonic could possibly be MFTL.

Davy0 said:
That doesn't mean that they aren't canon, all it means is that they were de-powered.
And Super Sonic is a very large boost to Sonic's physical abilities, that's why I'm assuming that Super Sonic could possibly be MFTL.
i won't argue sonics super form and or his boost he gains from super sonic, all i'm saying is that takashi did pretty much state that super emeralds no longer exist which pretty much means no more hyper sonic. even if you state that the chaos emeralds were depowered it still means that the super emeralds are gone.

All in all, this match seems pretty inconclusive. It's pretty much accepted that Rock blitzes the hedgehog in base but suffers when going against the likes of Darkspine and Hyper Sonic. So is there going to be a verdict for this or no?

Inconclusive: Mega Man VS Super Sonic

Win for Mega Man: Mega Man VS Base Sonic

Win for Sonic: Mega Man VS Darkspine Sonic

Now go home, everybody happy?

Also the Quick Man being faster than lightning thing was a mistranslation, I own the official Udon translation and he specifically outright says faster than light, though Quick Man overcoming Flash Man's weapon manipulating the speed of light already proves Quick Man is FTL in the manga but I digress

ClassicGameGuys said:

Also the Quick Man being faster than lightning thing was a mistranslation, I own the official Udon translation and he specifically outright says faster than light, though Quick Man overcoming Flash Man's weapon manipulating the speed of light already proves Quick Man is FTL in the manga but I digress
Yeah, I agree with this.

ClassicGameGuys said:

Aye. Sums it up rather nicely.

Ultimatesonic91 said:
Sonic got this but Megaman is a pure challenge here
Base Sonic would die against Megaman unless you ment his darkspine form or whatever.

Megaman.EXE would solo every Sonic tho i think.

ClassicGameGuys said:

I remember that. Though I thought Flashman Manipulated time, not Photons.

He's an improvement on Time Man's design, so yeah he manipulates time rather than photons. The latter would be Bright Man's and Gemini Man's specialty.

It's fan-made and far from official. Time Man has been confirmed to slow time and Flash Man is a straight up improvement.

Round 1 If hyper is not allowed in first round but darkspine is then Sonic rekts if not then Megaman wins with high difficulty

Round 2 He rekts but less if darkspine was included in round 1

Mega Man should blitz base Sonic (base Sonic is currently clocked at regular FTL), but the others he wins with high difficulty, only losing out at Hyper and Darkspine.

Reppuzan said:
Mega Man should blitz base Sonic (base Sonic is currently clocked at regular FTL), but the others he wins with high difficulty, only losing out at Hyper and Darkspine.
Nah, you're clearly discounting how strong Super Sonic is. Megaman is Planet Level+ at best without the Adapter. Super Sonic is Large Planet Level+ because he beat Perfect Dark Gaia. Dark Gaia was Large Planet Level while weakened and still moving several pieces of the entire planet with tendrils, with ease.

People seem to believe Mega blitzes Sonic- THIS IS NOT TRUE. Mega Man only has MFTL+ REACTIONS, and even then those calculations aren't completely reliable.

Let me list the problems.

First off, they say he can move that fast because he can dodge Duo's Meteor Strike, and give a calculation for it- The issue being that DUO WAS HOLDING BACK SO THAT HE WOULDN'T DESTROY THE PLANET. If Duo was using his Meteor Strike at full speed, he would've been hitting things with the same amount of force as Superman's Infinite Mass Punch... which would've obliterated the entire planet, Mega Man included, upon colliding with ANYTHING. The Meteor Strike Duo used against Mega Man is not moving at the same speed as Duo used to reach Earth.

Secondly, the Space Rush calculation. This would be all well and good but we don't know the size of the asteroid belt that Mega piloted Space Rush through. This is by far the most concrete of the four calculations, though.

Third: The Black Hole Bomb (As well as Stardroid Saturn's Black Hole) are not proper Black Holes. If they were, then Sonic would have an even greater speed feat of maintaining a significant lead over the black hole at the end of Sonic Colours for a small while.

Fourth: Quickman's lasers are unlikely to be lightspeed considering that Mega Man's Metal Blades fly faster than those lasers, not to mention the Leaf Shield. In short, unless you're telling me that Mega Man can throw his Metal Blades with enough force to cause IMP-like effects (Which, as stated with Duo's Meteor Strike, would cause the Planet to be obliterated, along with Mega himself) casually and DOES SO ON A REGULAR BASIS (which would go against his personality and the three laws of robotics), the Lasers in Quick Man's stage are not Light Speed.

Out of the four pieces of evidence used for Mega's alleged MFTL speeds, only one of them is even close to reliable.

@Neo

I don't see what that does. IMP is an entirely different thing and Duo's Meteor Strike is not the same.

How about the actual asteroid belt?

Except that feat is listed in his profile, so the argument there is null. Also, I don't see why those black holes aren't proper ones, they're freaking black holes.

They're not lasers, they're beams of light. And besides, IMP is DC, not Mega Man, you can't compare them.

The Everlasting said:
@Neo
I don't see what that does. IMP is an entirely different thing and Duo's Meteor Strike is not the same.

How about the actual asteroid belt?

Except that feat is listed in his profile, so the argument there is null. Also, I don't see why those black holes aren't proper ones, they're freaking black holes.

They're not lasers, they're beams of light. And besides, IMP is DC, not Mega Man, you can't compare them.
Don't worry, Ever. He's known for things like this...

Neosonic97 said:
People seem to believe Mega blitzes Sonic- THIS IS NOT TRUE. Mega Man only has MFTL+ REACTIONS, and even then those calculations aren't completely reliable.
Let me list the problems.

First off, they say he can move that fast because he can dodge Duo's Meteor Strike, and give a calculation for it- The issue being that DUO WAS HOLDING BACK SO THAT HE WOULDN'T DESTROY THE PLANET. If Duo was using his Meteor Strike at full speed, he would've been hitting things with the same amount of force as Superman's Infinite Mass Punch... which would've obliterated the entire planet, Mega Man included, upon colliding with ANYTHING. The Meteor Strike Duo used against Mega Man is not moving at the same speed as Duo used to reach Earth.

Secondly, the Space Rush calculation. This would be all well and good but we don't know the size of the asteroid belt that Mega piloted Space Rush through. This is by far the most concrete of the four calculations, though.

Third: The Black Hole Bomb (As well as Stardroid Saturn's Black Hole) are not proper Black Holes. If they were, then Sonic would have an even greater speed feat of maintaining a significant lead over the black hole at the end of Sonic Colours for a small while.

Fourth: Quickman's lasers are unlikely to be lightspeed considering that Mega Man's Metal Blades fly faster than those lasers, not to mention the Leaf Shield. In short, unless you're telling me that Mega Man can throw his Metal Blades with enough force to cause IMP-like effects (Which, as stated with Duo's Meteor Strike, would cause the Planet to be obliterated, along with Mega himself) casually and DOES SO ON A REGULAR BASIS (which would go against his personality and the three laws of robotics), the Lasers in Quick Man's stage are not Light Speed.

Out of the four pieces of evidence used for Mega's alleged MFTL speeds, only one of them is even close to reliable.
Did you even listen to what Proto replied to you with...?

@The Everlasting

If Duo was truly using the Meteor Strike at said speeds, crashing into something would cause effects similar to what the IMP does- That's how PHYSICS works. And Duo was quite clearly crashing into walls and ceilings in said fight. Since the planet didn't blow up from an insane amount of force being released in an instant, he CAN'T have been moving that fast. Unless you're implying that Duo's Meteor Strike is merely STREET-LEVEL despite moving many times faster than light.

The only similarity that the BHB and Saturn's Black Hole have with real black holes are that they're very dangerous gravity wells. They both have definitive lifespans (a REAL Black Hole would not, instead devouring everything until there's no mass left) , and the BHB can be sealed in concrete. They're far from real black holes, and much weaker than the ones seen in the Sonic series, to boot.

Read my section replying to your Duo comment. The IMP is a result of physics- this was explained in DC comics- it relies on the E=mc^2 equation. And the Metal Blades are clearly a physical object. While i could understand if it were, say, the Gemini Laser or the Thunder Beam, the Metal Blades are quite clearly physical objects. Thus, physics applies to them meaning that if Mega truly threw them at the speeds past the alleged 'beams of light', each one would cause effects similar to the Infinite Mass Punch. However, since this doesn't happen, they CAN'T be that fast. Also, how would a beam of light hurt Mega Man in the first place, let alone kill him in one hit? He'd need to stand there for a bit and it wouldn't cause him to explode- it would make him overheat and melt.

The Space Rush thing is sketchy, but it's still more reliable than the other three points, and if we can get a solid size for that asteroid belt, I would concede that point.

You can't compare something from Mega Man to something from DC. And we're really bringing in physics into a FTL movement feat?

Them being much weaker doesn't really mean anything, they still have the escape velocity of actual black holes. I still don't see how it would change their escape velocity if they had definitive lifespans.

You can't compare two things from different franchises and expect them to behave the same. Goku's punches don't carry the same weight as the IMP. Beams of light hurting Mega Man is the creators making it to be so, there's no explanation, but there doesn't need to be one.

Again, how about the actual asteroid belt's size?

A few issues.

1: Goku does not FIGHT at FTL speeds- hell, he never even breached FTL speeds until Battle of Gods/GT, when he obtains the Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan 4 forms respectively. And even at his lower speeds (See: SS3) he was capable of punching a massive hole in King Kai's Planet in Battle of Gods.

2: I said they would cause something similar. At the very least there'd be MORE than enough force to destroy the entire planet, considering the speeds they'd be moving at. Duo's Meteor Strike can't possibly be Street Level if it can deal notable damage to Mega Man, and it would've at least done notable damage to the surroundings if it were any higher, assuming he was using it at full speed. It was more likely that Duo was very much holding back if he's as powerful as everyone says he is. This also applies to Mega Man's Metal Blades. The issue here is a paradox- In order to not cause any destruction at all, Duo's Meteor Strike had to be dealing Street level damage constantly. But it damaged Mega Man, so it would have to be doing at least multi-continent level damage. But if it's travelling faster than light, it would likely be doing Planet+ level damage. The issue is that in order for all of those to be things, Duo would have be constantly accelerating and decelerating when using the Meteor Strike- but he's not. He bounces off the walls, ceiling and floor. You can't seriously be implying that a full-power Meteor Strike is both Street Level and Multi Continent-Planet Level.

3: They are NOT real Black Holes, though! They don't have an Event Horizon, They don't indiscriminately consume mass all around them, and as i stated before, the Black Hole Bomb can be sealed in CONCRETE. Unless you're telling me that a Black Hole can somehow be sealed inside concrete, the BHB can't even be considered close to a real Black Hole. If it were a real Black Hole, using it would be akin to using the Double Mega Buster- flat-out suicide, as Mega Man himself would be sucked in and crushed- as a Black Hole has powerful enough gravity to consume and crush stars, if not entire solar systems. Planet-level durability doesn't account for that. A Black Hole only has an insane escape velocity due to its incredibly powerful gravitational pull, and even then, ONLY once the Event Horizon is crossed. Evidently, the BHB and Saturn's Black Hole don't have that, due to the fact that they don't suck THE EARTH ITSELF in whenever Mega Man uses it. And as stated before, the 'Black Holes' that Sonic has come across during his adventures are very clearly stronger than Mega Man's 'Black Hole' weapons.

4: What actual asteroid belt are you talking about? I'm asking about the size of it here, you're not answering my question.

5: As for the beams of light thing, that only puts Mega Man at speeds slightly faster than Light, if not only Lightspeed, based on the speed in which both Mega Man and the beam travel across the screen. Definitely not seven times it at minimum like Sonic is.

Back