• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

City Level+ FT Upgrade

"This Calc is credited to Iwandesu from OBD wiki."

B4UDOWNPLAY

It scales to Laxus, Natsu, Erza, Jellal, Gajeel, Mirajane, and Gildarts, possibly Wendy.

Onto the calc

Gray destroys the eternal flame

[[1]] The giant head is 52 px (15.29411)

[[2]] The tree is 17 px (about 5 m)

Now let's scale the mountain

i'll assume both the nearest and furthest fire variations have the same size (nothing outside of the safe zone) giant head 115px fire variation 149px (19.8158 meters) fire variation at the top (12px) panel height 1142px 2 * atan(12/ (1142/ tan(70 / 2))) 0.57052244 degrees which gives me a distance of 1991.8 meters i'm going to assume this is a tetraedrical pyramid because the guy didn't gave me scans where i could compare the ice width you people who have a problem with it can be my guests and find a proper scan i don't care either way this gives me a volume of 931259971.251 m^3

Mass=Density*Volume

air is 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen

frozen nitrogen density is 1026.5 kg/m^3

density of solid oxygen is 1426 kg/m^3

NM=931259971.251 *1 026.5 x 0.8

NM=764750688391 kg

OM=931259971.251 *1426.5 x 0.2

OM=265688469798 kg we are by default assuming this ice sits at 54,75 kelvin

which is oxygen melting point

The heat of fusion of oxygen is 13875 J/kg

Q=m*l*t Fusion yeild1=265688469798 *13875

FYO=3.6864275e+15

the energy needed to heat liquid nitrogen is 920 J/kgk

we will be heating this 90.18k ice till it arrives 90,18k

Q=m*c*Δt

Heating yeild=265688469798 *920*35.43

HYO=8.6602751e+15 joules

now that the oxygen is at 52.75k we just need to apply its vaporization value

oxygen vaporization value is 213000 J/kg Q=m*l

Vaporization yeild=213000*265688469798

VY=5.6591644e+16 joules

now we will deal with nitrogen

specific heat of nitrogen is 1040 j/kgk

nitrogen melting point is at 63k

HYN1=8.25 x 1040 x 764750688391 HYN1=6.5615609e+15 joules

heat of fusion of nytrogen is 25800 j/kg

FYN=25800 x 764750688391

FYN=1.9730568e+16 joules

now i just need to heat the nytrogen until it reaches 77.2 k

HNY=14.2 x 764750688391 x 1040

HNY=1.1293838e+16 joules

now it is time for nytrogen vaporization (199000)

VYN=764750688391 x 199000

VYN=1.5218539e+17 joules

and then we just put it at the same temperature as oxygen (90.18k)

HNY3=12.98 x 764750688391 x 1040

HNY3=1.0323522e+16 joules

TE= 2.5668652e+17 joules

or

61 Megatons

City Level+/Large City

Good for them, don't give them the upgrades and move on. We got more important stuff to talk about.

Hmm, considering how complicated this is, I would prefer it that a calc member comes in. I do have a question for your density calcs. Do they solid versions of nitrogen and oxegen have the same density as the gas versions? After all, water's density tends to change, not sure if the others do. Also, there a quite a few assumptions.

SomebodyStupid said:
Hmm, considering how complicated this is, I would prefer it that a calc member comes in. I do have a question for your density calcs. Do they solid versions of nitrogen and oxegen have the same density as the gas versions? After all, water's density tends to change, not sure if the others do. Also, there a quite a few assumptions.
I can't find the exact values of such things and the assumptions are ultra low balling :p

Davy0 said:
Good for them, give them the upgrades and move on. We got more important stuff to talk about.
STOP, no one cares about your OP speed upgrade, it's not gonna do much for them.

Davy0 said:
Good for them, give them the upgrades and move on. We got more important stuff to talk about.
Bruh, don't just decide what's imporatant and not important

It doesn't matter, a "+" means more than a series about women who swim in hot tubs, spas, hot springs, and get their clothes ripped off just to get people with certain "issues" and constantly Nakama Punching the villains to beat them. They don't get the upgrades due to Future-Past Tense.

Davy0 said:
It doesn't matter, a "+" means more than a series about women who swim in hot tubs, spas, hot springs, and get their clothes ripped off just to get people with certain "issues" and constantly Nakama Punching the villains to beat them. Why are you so mad, I just stated give them the upgrades.
Cause it was rather rude you can't just say a subject is not important, when some other people might find this to be rather important. And a + and no + can make a difference in fights.

Davy0 said:
Bruh, don't just decide what's imporatant and not important
It doesn't matter, a "+" means more than a series about women who swim in hot tubs, spas, hot springs, and get their clothes ripped off just to get people with certain "issues" and constantly Nakama Punching the villains to beat them. Why are you so mad, I just stated give them the upgrades.
When I stop being right, maybe.

Everybody please keep being polite to each other.

i actually believe that i saw a calc for this on OBD and it was incredibly flawed because there was only that one picture of the eternal flame which couldn;t be scaled properly so yeah.

EDIT: this was taken straight off of Narutoforums.

Maybe you can ask the calculation group about checking up the calculation? To me it seems fine, but I would like to wait and see what the rest of the staff thinks?

Hmmm... before I go and check the thermodynamic calculations here, let me say that I do not think this feat actually scales to grays Attack potency.

As he said a few pages before he lacked the magic power to even knock out some bird-demon at that time, but could possibly melt the ice.

That has likely to do with a new technique he learned just shortly before. He was capable of taking the magic power in the magic ice (it was magically made indestructible) and channel it through his body melting the ice in the process and gaining the power to perform magic, even through he lacked the power to do so before.

When melting the giant flame he said he was gonna do it by channeling the ice magic through his body. So the power to perform the feat came from the ice he was going to melt, so this does not demonstrate grays power at all.

1. This feat actually scales to Silver and Mard and maybe maxed form Kyouka, no one else in Tartaros though, and there were many city level feats first timeskip so it's not an outlier

2. If he can channel the amount of energy needed to do so that is his attack potency, note this was BEFORE fighting Silver who froze the entire village along with the flame. Attack Potency is how much damage someone can do to something, NOT striking strength which many people confuse AP for, or AOE damage. He broke off all of the ice around the outside of the flame, which is the city level feat. If it were the entire flame the feat would actually be far higher (500 megatons). And, I corrected this before because I knew people would not agree with mountain level.

Attack potency is how much damage someone can do with their own power, in other words how much energy they can produce at once. Grays power source here was not his own body or something he always has avaiable, but he used the power left in the ice to perform the feat. So it doesn´t scale to him directly.

That silver froze the town is something I forgot, so HE does probably does scale to this feat and over him it scales to gray I guess (since gray defeated him IIRC) and from gray to the protagonists and everyone who is equal to the protagonists after the point in time where Gray fought silver.

That said let me first check the scaling and everything to make sure the calc is correct.

@WhiteSnakeSage:

A question. Do I understand it right, that you scaled a tree to the face of the giant, and from the face of the giant to the ice formations? If so where is the tree, I can spontanously not spot it.

DontTalk said:
Attack potency is how much damage someone can do with their own power, in other words how much energy they can produce at once. Grays power source here was not his own body or something he always has avaiable, but he used the power left in the ice to perform the feat. So it doesn´t scale to him directly.

That silver froze the town is something I forgot, so HE does probably does scale to this feat and over him it scales to gray I guess (since gray defeated him IIRC) and from gray to the protagonists and everyone who is equal to the protagonists after the point in time where Gray fought silver.

That said let me first check the scaling and everything to make sure the calc is correct.
Also, as more proof for the scaling here

Also I'm not doing this for Davy, he can go get blocked for all I care, but I'm doing this bcuz I like you.

Melting and molding something requires energy, gray himself exhausts himself during the process and like he showed in his fight against silver and the fodder on this same arc is perfectly able to redirect such energy in the form of an energy wave

Said energy was tanked by Silver and can casually be manipulated by him

WhiteSnakeSage said:
Davy0 said:
Obviously it does if you're talking to me. I'm invisible, right? (Smiles)
I don't think you understand what I said, an opinion means what you think, and frankly, no one cares. (Smiles)
Sir you seem to be caring a lot. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking to me.

Silver let himself be defeated. It was a year time skip, right? He should have mastered it by then, so only now does he scale to his pop-pop.

Ok, since I have to do something else now let me give a short report on my progress with checking the calc. I have basically just finished the first part at this point, the scaling of the size of the giants face. But there is already a first point of discussion. I went through the chapter and gathered 5 other scalings for the size of the giants face here they are:

1FT
Picture 1

Picture 1: So here I have gray and the giant.
I will in this assume that everyone in fairy tail is 172 cm, which is the average height for a japanese male.

Scaling directly I get 254.37 cm for the face.

Now I also scaled the total height here for another method I am going to use. Human proportions. Now per wikipedia a human is about 7.5 heads height. His height is 2422.54 cm per scaling putting his head at 323 cm.

So that are the two results for the first scaling.

2 FT
Picture 2

Picture 2: Giant legs 1416.65 cm. Legs are about 3 times as large as a head, so head about 472.22 cm. Picture 3:
3 FT
Picture 3

Tree shall be 5 meters. Giant heads 479.17 cm. Picture 4:
4 FT
Picture 4

Assuming even in that position natsu is 172: 366.76 cm giant head. Picture 5:
5 FT
Picture 5

328 cm
Average: So we have sizes from 6 different panels (i will only use the direct value for picture 1), including the one already given. Now the average of them is 571.65 cm with the one given in the original calc and 380.104 cm without it. So the first point of discussion I will throw in here is: which value is the reasonable one? In my opinion 4-5 meters is a good value, but maybe people have different suggestions.

Well wouldn't the fact that its efeect later killed Atlas just count at At least City Level ?

Edit: Well not exactly killed but incapitated for long perid of time. Alsoe wouldn't Giant's village be big enogh to count it as a city?

Sun Village wasnt that big

Is even smaller o at best comparable to Magnolia

And because atlas flame is city level, Silver has to be City Level

Atlas Flame body can be at best Iron/steel melt

A lot people here saying City level is too much, if you heard the wanks i heard a couple days before you would laugh Seriously

Back