• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Circular Reasoning in Snake and Ocelot's profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Snake is Building Level with physical strikes because he traded blows with Ocelot.

Ocelot is Building Level with physical strikes because he traded blows with Snake.

I would either like an explanation to be added, or to change the stats to "Unknown physically, 8-A with weapons".

I'm pretty sure that'd work as a "traded blows with characters who harmed" him type of deal, though the tiers would need revising regardless.

I feel like surviving a hallway of microwaves would count as a resistance to vaporization, not straight up durability; a MCB punch and a MCB microwave are two completely different things.

Mmm... I'm guessing that they're put there due harm anyone with Building level durability with them bare hands. What was the one hurt?

Welp, resisting being in a microwave could be considered high temperatures resistence, could disipate the same amount of energy, but doesn't possesses the overpressure of an explosion. Any force durability feat from Snake? Profile only tell me about tanking some bombs

I guess than that was a question: welp, not sure, but taking a look, the calcs that put the p-bombs into +100 tnt tons is assumed vaporization due graphic limits, and I think were used several bombs to take it down.

Antoniofer said:
I guess than that was a question: welp, not sure, but taking a look, the calcs that put the p-bombs into +100 tnt tons is assumed vaporization due graphic limits, and I think were used several bombs to take it down.
Xcano recalc that at Building level (Pulv) and City Block level (Vap) for each bomb. He used 16 in the feat.

I asked him depending on the scaling, which should be better. Also, the Outer Heaven feat has a calc in the 8-B range.

AP downgrade is close...

Yeah seems the chase, even vaorization seems questionable considering that was assumed that way cuz the old graphics, at least I missed something and were stated. Snake surviving in the microwave sound more like a heat resistence and stamina feat, shouldn't be scalable.

The Metal Gear Characters are only 8-A with Tech.

But Snake is straight up 8-C in Durability / AP. He is unharmed by tanks, lifts 10,000 Ton mechs, survived hits from said mechs, there's the Microwave feat..

Matthew Schroeder said:
Snake is considered to have vaporized the Metal Gear because technology in the MGS Universe is so advanced they can rebuild objects and machines from the tiniest scraps and fragments.
Pretty sure the main reason is because you see nothing from the Gear

And with that reasoning Matt, pulverization is also factible.

But it depends in which is most consistent

Guys, keep in mind that I'm not familiar with this verse outside of Smash Bros.

I'd just either like an explanation or a revision.

@Ant

That particular Bomb he never used again, but this is Metal Gear Solid, a series where there is a constant Arms Race of Sci-Fi technology going on. Metal Gear for the MSX happens in 1995, while say, MGSIV happens in 2010. It's not a stretch to assume that Snake's heavier weaponry would surpass that bomb, specially since he can harm Metal Gears in both I's final Boss and various battles in IV.

Also, another VERY good feat of durability for Metal Gear:

A worn-out, bloodied, exhausted Volgin with his arms wrapped in electrical cords and wires, and his whole body wet from the falling rain, gets hit in full with a Lightning Strike from a cloud, and you can imagine the result.

That hit ended up putting him in a coma, but Volgin's body survived only with serious scars.

This is a very blatant High 8-C feat.

Welp, if the other bombs are way powerful than those, should they evaporize metal too? was asking for that in order to find consistence, if the most modern bombs don't evaporize, the previous one neither.

If he was knocked by a lightning isn't a durability feat, common people can survive lightning too with notable scars, that sound more like a stamina feat than a durability one.

It's a durability feat. Specially because it was Volgin's himself who channeled the lightning, and his lightning is real lightning. I.E, High 8-C.

Getting hit with something, or surviving being vaporized by microwaves aren't special resistances or Stamina Feats. This sounds almost like an attempt at downplaying, I wish no offense.

Lightning generally negate durability due high electric tension, and the yield by a lightning is pretty different to an explosion, otherwise would be tree branch and common people rated building level. We're looking for other feats cuz a difference from high temperatures or lightning strokes, those ones don't possesses force, so isn't related physical resistence against strikes.

The situation demands an 8-C durability. There was no big dissipation of energy that could have happened. He was wrapped in the Shogohod's wires and 100% damped in water. Also, Volgin's lightning's have an emissitivy of over 10 Million Volts.

And no, the Microwave Room is durability. It is stated that a normal human would ve vaporized in 4 seconds there. Snake lasted over 2 minutes.

Calculate the energy needed to vaporize a human being, and that is a pretty big durability feat for the absolute weakest Snake.

It takes 2.99 Gigajoules for one to vaporize the human body.

https://science.slashdot.org/story/13/09/13/2122208/it-takes-299-gigajoules-to-vaporize-a-human-body

Snake endured this level of energy being constantly emitted at him for over 4 minutes, and came off with no profound damage. The absolute weakest Snake.

Snake is constantly blasted with missiles from Tanks, Mechs, 10 Million-Volt Lightning and survives all of it.

Big Boss lifted over 10,000 Tons Mechs on numerous occasions.

Really, Building level+ Snake is consistent.

Welp, I can believe 8-C for characters rather than 8-B, I would consider tanking 10M volts as electricity resistence, but lifting a 10k tons mech sound pretty convincent to me.

I would like if someone calculated the weights and durability of some of the largest Metal Gears, and the firepower it would take to harm them.

Hasn't any Metal Gear it our weight and dimension? Also, without shield, metal gears will be considered jus another mass of metal, used as reference for calcs.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I would like if someone calculated the weights and durability of some of the largest Metal Gears, and the firepower it would take to harm them.
The Metal Gear of Rising has a MCB feat

Welp, the bigger gear is the Outer Have, it doesn't say his weight, but with it dimension has a volume of 10.8*10^12 cc, assuming like just a mass of steel, it would be needed a yield of 1.467 Gigatons. However, that is the absolute high-ball, since is empty, not entire made of steel, and not related to the durability since don't consider shields (if any), destruction via chain reaction or the amount of damage before starting to malfunction.

No, no, destruction of the Gear via chain reaction, like, sabbotaging the core of the ship and then eventually exploting (like most of action movies); don't know if the ship has shields, so I considered that too.

No.

Snake destroys Metal Gears by continuously blasting them with RPGs and Bullets until they start exploding. No sabbotaging or chain reaction other than damaging the thing enough to damage it's reactors and cores and whatnot.

His RPGs can cause considerable damage to these mechs. This is the main getaway from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back