• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cid vs Uno (Strongest Non-Smurf fight for 7th spot in 7-C)

I mean, any of his magic obliterate Uno AP wise, and even in the case he entertain the idea of fight against Uno sometime without it he would eventually use it, so Uno need to kill him before he get the chance to do it, which seems quite unlikely.
How unlikely are we talking about? This guy basically is a kill on sight type of guy with no bs nor takes any bs.
Not immediately. You'll be lucky if;
  1. You don't piss him off
  2. Your character can't help him achieve stuff on his bucket list as an Eminence in Shadow
  3. He doesn't feel like showing off (in this case he could fight to show his skill & power then nuke everything but in the spoiler i sent he went straight for nuke against the horde of beasts. Reason for that is point 2)
  4. If his enemy is skilled and powerful enough to make him enjoy the fight like Aurora and Beatrix etc.
Overall he doesn't start off with nuke but it's always on the table as something to use and he isn't averse to using it.
Luckily for Uno however. He only fits the 4th criteria but before Cid knows that he is skilled, Uno would just dice him with his deconstruction blade. When cid decides to block. He'll be cut like a hot knife through butter scotch.

should be noted even if Cid gets hit by something he can just use I Am Atomic anyway (This was a fight where he couldn't really use magic and got impaled twice, stabbed 3 times)

should be noted even if Cid gets hit by something he can just use I Am Atomic anyway (This was a fight where he couldn't really use magic and got impaled twice, stabbed 3 times)

Well the thing is. The thing is in that fight he managed to pull it off before that sword penned through his heart. Had it activated many seconds later than he just did. We are guaranteed a corpse on the floor.

Well the thing is. The thing is in that fight he managed to pull it off before that sword penned through his heart. Had it activated many seconds later than he just did. We are guaranteed a corpse on the floor.
You assume Uno will be able to pierce his heart accurately, he can pull off inosuke like shit and shift it's position
Luckily for Uno however. He only fits the 4th criteria but before Cid knows that he is skilled, Uno would just dice him with his deconstruction blade. When cid decides to block. He'll be cut like a hot knife through butter scotch.
You're underestimating how skilled this guy is. He's more likely to parry or feint while leading into further moves.
If you watched the recent episode, He's skilled enough to make his opponents hallucinate being cut simply by making tiny muscle movements and changing his center of gravity. He had an entire arena assume his sword was drawn when it was in its sheath all along.

Any movement, no matter how miniscule, made by Uno tells Cid exactly what he's aiming for

Yea Cid skill is pretty bs, and even if Uno gets an attack off, he will just move his vitals anyway. Also if Uno doesn't instantly one shot, Cid's movements will become more and more refined till he just outspeeds Uno, not to mention his trackless step bs where his attacks can't be perceived, and also being able to dodge stuff he isn't aware of, block attacks from all angles (danmaku aint doing a thing here), react to stuff he isn't even aware of etc.

Voting for the skilled chuuni fra, though he will be revised soon, i guess when the anime finishes.

Last edited:
You assume Uno will be able to pierce his heart accurately, he can pull off inosuke like shit and shift it's position
?
You're underestimating how skilled this guy is. He's more likely to parry or feint while leading into further moves.
Parries and feints are nothing new to Uno and he did those without the usage of I.R.I.S. nor the usage of Azurium blade.
If you watched the recent episode, He's skilled enough to make his opponents hallucinate being cut simply by making tiny muscle movements and changing his center of gravity. He had an entire arena assume his sword was drawn when it was in its sheath all along.
well just one thing. You can't really make him see a hallucination when his helmet which already had I.R.I.S. integrated into it is covering his damn head unless the hallucinations works on machines too.
Any movement, no matter how miniscule, made by Uno tells Cid exactly what he's aiming for
And Uno would know what Cid would be aiming for. here is the scaling chain for Uno's I.R.I.S. Override Mode.

at (59:23) Someone using I.R.I.S. Neo could stomp Ali who wields I.R.I.S. in a match.

at (80:40) Ali using Pre-Data Erasure Override Mode was capable of wiping out several dozen agents that had I.R.I.S. Neo which is already superior to I.R.I.S.'s Analytical Prediction and information analysis even when in conjunction with Atlas.

In Uno's case, he upscales further than all that. Even overwhelming Ali's Pre-Data Erasure Override Mode even when in conjunction with Atlas override that raises the processing rate to a more optimum level.

Basically, taking into account this entire chain. Uno would practically 'skill stomp' anyone that doesn't surpass the entirety of the current modern world's supercomputers or basically anyone that can't surpass the processing power of the 433 qubit quantum computer. a 30 qubit quantum computer can basically do 10 trillion mathematical calculations per second. That's a real humdinger right there.

He can avoid attacks aimed at his vitals even when hit or just outright shift the position of his organs
and feints are nothing new to Uno and he did those without the usage of I.R.I.S. nor the usage of Azurium blade
Don't know what this is supposed to prove. Also see zero feints there
And Uno would know what Cid would be aiming for. here is the scaling chain for Uno's I.R.I.S. Override Mode.
Which will be to his detriment. These guys are simply doing what an AI tells them to. Cid plans several moves ahead.

A skill scaling chain doesn't really do much considering Cid Casually stomps those who have a scaling chain who stomp others who stomp others etc and all those people appear clumsy to him.
After reincarnating thought the sword style of someone who mastered the Royal Bushin method was clumsy[1]. Grease who is a skilled knight felt like a child in front of Cid, despite having more power, Cid stood against him with skill alone[5]. His swordplay doesn't rely on strength or speed, but the basics, which can even defeat geniuses[4]. Copied Rose swordsmanship after seeing it once[14]. Can perceive purpose in the smallest of actions[11] such as a tremor in a sword’s tip, a shift in gaze, the position of the feet, and prepare a superior response. Has the skill to think battles through, envisioning the battlefield from above with keen eye for understanding a fight’s progression and predicting its future developments[19]. Can analyze his opponents with just a glance, and can refine his movements in a fight[11], making him have to evade less, and giving him more chances for a counter attack. His swordplay is polished to the point of being art, being great enough to let him be known worldwide, and yet that isn't even his real sword play as Shadow, just a fancy sword style meant to be performative[18]. This fancy sword play, which isn't even his real sword play, is a single, incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach[20]. Has reached the pinnacle of martial skill[7], being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements. His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them[27], just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling. Through sheer skill he was able to not only survive[22] against Olivier whose strength, speed and power were dimensions beyond his own, as Cid was unable to use any magic, while she could, in a world where not using magic, superhuman characters can be killed by a regular bullet; he was even able to kill her[22]. Even while he was weighed down by the coins he was carrying, he was able to block attacks which not came from his blind spots[7], but also from every direction[7])

He can avoid attacks aimed at his vitals even when hit or just outright shift the position of his organs
i mean can the same be said for a slash? especially when the area of deconstruction is that wide.
Don't know what this is supposed to prove. Also see zero feints there
Feint: a deceptive or pretended blow, thrust, or other movement, especially in boxing or fencing. You're telling that one particular move where goes up to deliver a fake blow on his opponent's neck before reappearing right infront of them again, delivering the actual attack. is not a feint>
Which will be to his detriment. These guys are simply doing what an AI tells them to. Cid plans several moves ahead.
So does Zain and he does it far better. Also really following AI? There is not a smidget of artificial intelligence in there. Just a hyper advanced program that is contained within a device that has more processing power than all of our current era's supercomputers combined.
A skill scaling chain doesn't really do much considering Cid Casually stomps those who have a scaling chain who stomp others who stomp others etc and all those people appear clumsy to him.
the people cid skill stomped are practically just fodder to him in the first place. considering the fact that he never fought an opponent that is actually comparable to his skills in the first place unlike the ones Uno had fought who are consistently portrayed to have some level of comparability before getting curbstomped.

Also, are we just going to ignore the fact that Uno has a guaranteed one shot for Cid in the form of an Exterminatus rip-off?

Last edited:
the people cid skill stomped are practically just fodder to him in the first place.
Fodder in what way? The likes of "Knights of Round", War Goddess Beatrix, Aurora, Iris, Elizabeth, Olivier etc aren't in anyway fodder.
Even when he has zero access to magic (ordinary human), he can handle people massively skilled and massively superior to himself with skills alone.
Uno just doesn't have skill on his level.

What even are Unos/Alis skill feats? From what I remember from the most skilled threads, Cid had some insane feats

Fodder in what way? The likes of "Knights of Round", War Goddess Beatrix, Aurora, Iris, Elizabeth, Olivier etc aren't in anyway fodder.
Even when he has zero access to magic (ordinary human), he can handle people massively skilled and massively superior to himself with skills alone.
Just like that time during the debate of Uno vs The Hunter, I'd like those feats and skills listed to prove your point.
Uno just doesn't have skill on his level.
I'd agree however if I.R.I.S. was never included into this.

I'd argue and say Cid's feat are more or less equal or superior to the entirety of Grappler Baki. But not really anything major to I.R.I.S. quantum computer analytical prediction and information analysis

I'd argue and say Cid's feat are more or less equal or superior to the entirety of Grappler Baki. But not really anything major to I.R.I.S. quantum computer analytical prediction and information analysis
Somehow one of the boldest claim I have read in recent times

Okay but how is this a skill feat again. Going by the video it looks like Uno speed blitzed him
The thing is Ali had FTL perception. Yet he couldn't notice the fact Uno was right behind him. That's a skill feat. Unless you want to argue Uno had FTL travel speed.

couldn't find his stuff but are we all ignoring Uno's 6-B AP?
From the calc the laser don't look too big so that certainly could be dodged (different to I AM ATOMIC stuff that is several kilometers in aoe compared to the laser that is 21 meters big), besides that how likely he would decide to begin with that against a single opponent that he don't know how strong or dangerous is? Because if he choose to use it after discover how dangerous Cid is then that would mean Uno is close to Cid which as result would prevent him from using it since he would also get caught in the laser attack.

The thing is Ali had FTL perception. Yet he couldn't notice the fact Uno was right behind him. That's a skill feat. Unless you want to argue Uno had FTL travel speed.
In my business we call that inconsistency. You can't just slap skill on random feats and pretend thats logical. In what way is this supposed to be skill? Ma guy just teleported behind him and clearly even moved faster than the kid.

And dont give me this "Oh so you think hes FTL then", thats literally not my business.

From the calc the laser don't look too big so that certainly could be dodged (different to I AM ATOMIC stuff that is several kilometers in aoe compared to the laser that is 21 meters big),
the thing is, the laser would speed blitz Cid. so it being just 20+ meters wide doesn't make it less effective as a wincon.
besides that how likely he would decide to begin with that against a single opponent that he don't know how strong or dangerous is?
The moment he overrode the mainframe, he immediately used the satellite weapon.
Because if he choose to use it after discover how dangerous Cid is then that would mean Uno is close to Cid which as result would prevent him from using it since he would also get caught in the laser attack.
No he wouldn't he'd just:

1. lure cid to the area where the laser would land or

2. just blow him and his opponents up simultaneously at the same time.

In my business we call that inconsistency. You can't just slap skill on random feats and pretend thats logical. In what way is this supposed to be skill? Ma guy just teleported behind him and clearly even moved faster than the kid.
yes he is the fastest agent in the series but that wouldn't mean he has FTL speed. He simply just moved in such a way that Ali couldn't perceive it with I.R.I.S.

Teleportation was also quite literally disproven
And dont give me this "Oh so you think hes FTL then", thats literally not my business.
you made it sound like that tho

yes he is the fastest agent in the series but that wouldn't mean he has FTL speed. He simply just moved in such a way that Ali couldn't perceive it with I.R.I.S.

Teleportation was also quite literally disproven

then don't make assumptions
So he is literally faster than the kid, obstructed his vision with smoke, while having FTL combat speed himself... Calling this a "Outskilling FTL speed characters" was misleading then, thanks for wasting my time.

Aint my fault when you provide me with those informations.

But in any case. Unlike that fight with that old geezer from slime decapitating someone who could perceive his surroundings at a much slower rate and was forced to watch his own death. This one is a man suddenly giving a boy a chop to the neck knocking him unconscious before he could even perceive what happened.

So he is literally faster than the kid, obstructed his vision with smoke, while having FTL combat speed himself... Calling this a "Outskilling FTL speed characters" was misleading then, thanks for wasting my time.
He doesn't have FTL combat speed as far as we can see. You just misjudged the profile.
Aint my fault when you provide me with those informations.
But you brought up some information that I've never even seen. FTL combat speed this, telling me that this isn't skill. But in the end it proves that he couldn't even be perceived with FTL perception despite having only Massively hypersonic travel speed to cover the distance between he and Ali. That requires skill not some supernatural luck that appears on most op protagonists profiles.

He doesn't have FTL combat speed as far as we can see. You just misjudged the profile.
Reaction and Perception speed, if he can slap a FTL attack out of the air then thats text book combat speed. If he can only see shit in that speed, meaning that he couldnt block FTL attacks then my bad.

But you brought up some information that I've never even seen. FTL combat speed this, telling me that this isn't skill. But in the end it proves that he couldn't even be perceived with FTL perception despite having only Massively hypersonic travel speed to cover the distance between he and Ali. That requires skill not some supernatural luck that appears on most op protagonists profiles.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, its that simple. You claim that this is a extraordinary skill feat of overcoming massive speed gaps with skill. Its a nonsensical claim without canon explanations as to how he pulled that off. What I mean with explanations is something like that; "Uno, by reading his opponent, can predict the dead angles of his Enemies vision. Paired with his presence concealment ability he earned through his years of spy and infiltration work, allows him to close the distance between him and his opponent, making it look like he teleported behind them". Not "He behinds smoke and apperently moved behind the enemy without them even realizing it even though Uno should literally appear like frozen to the kid because Uno moves over 1200x slower than the Kid should be able to see.

the thing is, the laser would speed blitz Cid. so it being just 20+ meters wide doesn't make it less effective as a wincon.
The fact that until it actually fired the laser after receive the command injuried people who were walking very slowly were able to run from the area mean that isn't going to hit Cid at all.
That is a completely different situation because:
  1. He used it against the enemy organization that he hated and know a lot about
  2. He used it after a intense fight
  3. He used it to blow the building of the organization he hated, not to kill a single individual but a group of them.
I geniunely speaking can't see him using it against a random teenager that he don't anything about.
1. lure cid to the area where the laser would land or

2. just blow him and his opponents up simultaneously at the same time.
He literally used the thing when inside the building destroyed by the laser, which would be an inco at best in case that Cid just don't dodge.
The dude also explain how the smoke is to **** his opponent vision, and explicitly showed to be disappointed with I.R.I.S for be tricked with something as that. Cid have both supernatural senses and super hearing so the same trick wouldn't work.

And dont get me wrong, it can be a skill feat, I know of examples that are similar, like Sasaki Kojiro from Records of Ragnarok. That feat against Poseidon was treated as a skill feat IN the series itself though and was explained well within that Series (He pulled his off by predicing Poseidon).

Just calling it a Skill feat without explanaining how skill was involved is just not a skill feat

Back