• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono Trigger(And Cross) discussion thread.

I've been looking over some of the pages of the Wiki and quite frankly a lot of them are a mess....I'd thought I'd start with Chrono Trigger, the character profiles make no sense. Where are they getting the Relativistic speeds and Planet busting attack power?

Likewise how would you guys revise it, it's kinda hard to find the stats for Turn based JRPG characters.

First off it's assuming Crono's lightning behaves like real lightning which I'm not convinced it does, it could be a much weaker/slower electric discharge. And where does he get the speed of the lightning with Frog's Dual Tech with stabbing the Masamune and having it act like a lightning rod.

Another thing, The Masamune cutting a mountain, first off Map Scaling isn't necessarily accurate the cities and landmarks on it are not shown to scale, otherwise small villages with one inn, one bar, one shop, a residence etc would be the size of an entire country, That would also mean Crono at the beginning of the game walked from his house in the morning across an entire large country to reach the fair. (Before the day was up I assume he arrived at the fair in the late morning to early afternoon.)

The Time Egg isn't a part of his battle arsenal and he can't use it how he wishes. The Time Egg might have high end feats but Crono doesn't, not sure how moving the moon feat is really an energy feat so much as the Egg Altering the flow of time.

The Zeal feat is also questionable because I'm thinking three times the sun's energy that hit's earth every year would mess the world up far more then shown in the game. We also don't know that Crono himself was hit by all the force, I also don't know where he get's the island is the size of the British isle's, especially since a mass that small wouldn't have very noticable gravitation binding energy.

He also gives a calc that assumes he knows how much Thermal energy Lavos absorbed in that 65 million year time span....once again if that is enough power to blow up Mercury then it should have done a lot more then Life Wipe earth. (And there were survivors.) Also Not sure Crono "dodged" since it was random debry flying down....the brunt of the blast should have missed him, if Crono is that durable then lower level enemies in the game shouldn't be any threat.

Also I'm not sure how well we can judge the power of an attack based off the attack animations in battle, otherwise Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII is a Solar System buster, yet in the plot he somehow needs meteor to accomplish his goals. Not to mention there are not other feats of the party surviving similar attacks.

It's also ridiculous that Lavos impacted the Earth with enought force to destroy it yet didn't destroy it making he once again call the calc into Question.

The Uranus fact is also misleading due to Uranus being a GAS GIANT and not a rocky planet and is thus not as dense for it's size and has less Mass for it's volume, Jupiter is vastly larger in volume then earth but it's Gravitational force is between 2-3 times of earth due to have relatively less Mass for it's size.

You can't powerscale Crono and party breaking the shell, since they themselves didn't do it, they crashed the time machine into it. And whenever the fight it they always attack it's weak point NOT being covered by the shell.

The Janitor's tool is obviously a joke that shouldn't be considered seriously as even if Crono is strong enough to strike with enough force to hurt Lavos that Brush sure isn't. (It should disintregrate if let along break after one strike if I'm to believe these calcs this guy is using that seem to be based off assumption and pixel scaling to a highly inconsistent world map.)

Reference Attack Animation from Crono Cross....I believe I already explained attack animation shouldn't be taken seriously as a feat since it conflicts with the characters limitations in the plot.

tl;dr The Math doesn't match with the feats, Map Scaling and attack animation are too inconsistent to be anything conclusive, and a lot of assumptions are made about the speed of attacks. (Like his Lightning Magic.)

Back