• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chicken man fights a savage birdie (Gustavo Fring vs Cassowary)

I'm dying to post this thread lol. I wonder why Gus hasn't had a match up, considering that he's a notable character in the BB verse.

Conditions: Speed Equalized; Gus has 2 mins of prep, box cutter, and knowledge on how to restrain a Cassowary. Both opponents start 6 m away from each other.

HAAAK!: _ ()

Hello, and welcome to the Los Pollos Hermanos family!: _ ()

Mike decides to intervene:

Last edited:
Ok so the poison is completely inconsequential. Although upon watching some videos of Cassowaries I'd say Gus probably takes this. He surprisingly has the lifting strength advantage so he could probably just put the cassowary in a choke hold, jump on it's back (Which would probably destabilize it). And then he could use the box cutter to finish the job. And even though the poison is worthless I suppose he could also use the bottle as a blunt weapon (For maybe 1 or 2 hits before it breaks but still)

Ok so the poison is completely inconsequential. Although upon watching some videos of Cassowaries I'd say Gus probably takes this. He surprisingly has the lifting strength advantage so he could probably just put the cassowary in a choke hold, jump on it's back (Which would probably destabilize it). And then he could use the box cutter to finish the job. And even though the poison is worthless I suppose he could also use the bottle as a blunt weapon (For maybe 1 or 2 hits before it breaks but still)
I mean, I picked this fight since Cassowaries are pretty aggressive, and Gus is pretty competant and cold in hand-to-hand combat. I gave Gus some of the advantages on this thread since he's basically fighting a murder bird in this match.

Can the bird kick the chicken man to death as a wincon?

If yes, your vote for Gus is valid.

Theres definitely the possibility that Gus isn't quick enough
He still starts in his location according to SBA conditions. Definitely a possiblity. Vote counted until reasoning proves otherwise.
I suppose he could get bucked off the bird and get stomped out
Unlikely, Gus' profile has shown that he's a competant fighter and the lifting strength advantage.

Walter vs T-Rex 2.0
Have you ever seen a human actually try to go toe-to-toe with a cassowary without any proper animal handling equipment? It's a scene straight out of a horror movie. Lifting Strength won't mean anything when Gus doesn't know how to restrain the crackhead ostrich, and the thing will constantly weave around him to avoid being touched. And if he does manage to restrain it, it still wouldn't make a difference since he's getting scratched by giant talons and a beak. Voting Cassowary.

Walter vs T-Rex 2.0
Have you ever seen a human actually try to go toe-to-toe with a cassowary without any proper animal handling equipment? It's a scene straight out of a horror movie. Lifting Strength won't mean anything when Gus doesn't know how to restrain the crackhead ostrich, and the thing will constantly weave around him to avoid being touched. And if he does manage to restrain it, it still wouldn't make a difference since he's getting scratched by giant talons and a beak. Voting Cassowary.
Difference is that gus isn't some hapless moron with no weaponry. He's got a box cutter and bottle and the lifting strength advantage as soon as he gets close enough he's gonna use it to cut it's long ass neck. Also Cassowary's aren’t as big as you'd think height wise Gus has the edge here

Difference is that gus isn't some hapless moron with no weaponry. He's got a box cutter and bottle and the lifting strength advantage as soon as he gets close enough he's gonna use it to cut it's long ass neck. Also Cassowary's aren’t as big as you'd think height wise Gus has the edge here
He is just gonna get gored by a dropkick of the bird, not only It can Blitz humans beingh much faster them normal Cassowar atacks people need to use shields to handle the bird thanks to that atack. No, Gus can't really use anything that was giving to protect him self

He may be able to serch about Cassowar handling and grt something to use as a shield with his 1 hour of prepare time trough

But i doubt he would be able to actually harm the bird in any way withou gettig gored first

You still haven't explained how would Gus actually get close enough to harm the bird, and how would he avoid losing his fingers entirely. Prior knowledge will help him out slightly, but it still wouldn't matter in the end. The height advantage doesn't matter because Gus doesn't know how to restrain a ratite whatsoever, and again this thing will constantly be moving around and chomping and kicking and clawing him whenever it gets the chance.

I guess this is not a stomp sinse Gus maybe(extremely low chance) of making a shield in that 1 hour and getting luck to kill the bird with a atack, maybe? But like... is a 0,01% chance

Frankly, a box cutter is dirt compared to a bird claw. Since Gus has intelligence higher than the bird, I decided to restrict preparation to 2 mins. Before redoing the conditions to more prep/prior knowledge for Gus, I want to attack a couple of points first.
You still haven't explained how would Gus actually get close enough to harm the bird, and how would he avoid losing his fingers entirely. Prior knowledge will help him out slightly, but it still wouldn't matter in the end. The height advantage doesn't matter because Gus doesn't know how to restrain a ratite whatsoever, and again this thing will constantly be moving around and chomping and kicking and clawing him whenever it gets the chance.
1: Valid

2: Both opponents are under equalized speed and same range this visuallization shows from the Dodo:
flatten;scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg
Birdie is still savage tho.

3: I picked Gus since he's a cold and calculated combatant. But since that and the 2 min prep time is not enough apparently, I guess I'll give Gus knowledge of the how to restrain a Cassowary.

I almost forgot to mention that speed is equalized. The match conditions are so simple. 💀 Exactly how is a speed equalized bird going to outmanuver Gus more than Gus can out manueover the bird? One rhetorical question example: is the bird more agile by refined movement?

I almost forgot to mention that speed is equalized. The match conditions are so simple. 💀 Exactly how is a speed equalized bird going to outmanuver Gus more than Gus can out manueover the bird? One rhetorical question example: is the bird more agile by refined movement?
Combat speed is equalized, other speeds are equalized to the same multiplier, Kazuar dropkick is much faster them It's base combat speed, no need to say anything else

Well, that like went by quickly, still, there's going to be that one guy that says "WhAT AbOUt thE OthER MoVEs? JUsT BeCAusE 1 MoVe Is FasTEr DoESN't MeAN tHE ReST Of The MoVeS are FaSTeR!"

Still, the bird still has more ways to kick. +agility

Since I've changed the match conditions, I presume the outcome is still the same, but no a stomp, right?

Well, that like went by quickly, still, there's going to be that one guy that says "WhAT AbOUt thE OthER MoVEs? JUsT BeCAusE 1 MoVe Is FasTEr DoESN't MeAN tHE ReST Of The MoVeS are FaSTeR!"

Still, the bird still has more ways to kick. +agility

Since I've changed the match conditions, I presume the outcome is still the same, but no a stomp, right?
Idk

Walter vs T-Rex 2.0
I decided to adjust the prior knowledge and later on, starting distance part so Gus can actually use any plan he could think of in his prep time. Does the chunky turkey still stomp Gus?

Back