• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

chess profiles

this might be the worst idea ive ever had

chess has feats

all of the pieces can one-shot the rook, who is literally just supposed to be a castle i looked it up

pieces such as the rook and queen and bishop can also move much faster than the knight, who rides a horse

in some variations the pieces eat each other

however there are many different versions of chess so we would need to use a specific variation of the game

I've thought about this myself, just with scaling to oneshotting horses/knights due to the knight piece being a knight on horseback.

I came to the conclusion that chess lacks a storyline, and that the act of taking other pieces isn't necessarily killing them, but rather something much more vauge.

While chess does depict a "war" between the two sides, I don't think it could be argued as a fictional story being portrayed via a board game.

The above just goes for vanilla, basic chess though. I'm sure "chess with lore" exists somewhere, and that can be used without issue.

I've thought about this myself, just with scaling to oneshotting horses/knights due to the knight piece being a knight on horseback.
the rook would get them much higher, but the knight would be good for speed scaling. you could also argue that the queen, bishop, and rook can move like eight times faster than an average human (pawn).
the act of taking other pieces isn't necessarily killing them, but rather something much more vauge.
there are different editions of chess with different manuals, some of which specify what is going on (especially ones for kids). i recall having a chess set with a manual which stated that the pieces cannibalize each other.
While chess does depict a "war" between the two sides, I don't think it could be argued as a fictional story being portrayed via a board game.
there’s a profile for 5d chess pieces which pretty much have the same amount of “lore” as normal chess afaik

If we considere that the rook is a Siege tower, he would be as high as 40 m and as wide as 20 m and be made of wood, we should be able to say they are hollow inside to cut corners and if we use the "eating" that other languages use to describe what happens whem a pice is captured, we probable can say It's fragmentation

so we have a bese to find out the AP

Or sinse It was a long time ago a tower on top of a elephant we can also use elephants as base

Or just use the fact that Siege towers could have battering rams to break castle walls

Chess scaling goes hard 💯 💯 🗣️🔥
Chess scale to one shoting the rook thatt is this thing
440px-Grose-Francis-Pavisors-and-Moveable-Tower-Assaulting-Castle-1812.jpg

As by what wikipedia say, so chess is at least 9-A

Back