• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A 2x AP advantage, fundamentally, means that it will take one side twice as long to kill the other, and the other side will kill twice as fast - in parity, that's a 4x time disadvantage.

Meanwhile, the gunfire + teleportation + gun skill will make approach quite difficult.

Crystals range should be notably better. A charge shot which is both weaker and less range is gonna have an impossible hard time facing a teleporting, danmaku user/dodger

I think Crystal for basically what's said. Much better range, teleportation, danmaku attack, and can easily react to anything Chel gives off considering what he deals with. I don't see Chel being skilled enough to handle that. Especially since her skill feat isn't very impressive.

And yet still skilled enough to fight Kirito and Wolf?

While Crystal has dealt with dodging Danmaku the kind of stuff I saw her be able to dish out didn't look that impressive to me and it looks like it could be manageable is Chelshia uses what she can exactly right, which I don't see as a problem or anything she wouldn't be able to do. Crystal is skilled at range but she seems to lack the kind of melee combat that Chelshia has experience in and because of that if the fight were to ever get close Chelshia could probably take it, and Crystal's teleportation isn't going to be a surprise as Chelshia has dealt with bosses that do that constantly.

Personally voting Chel, I think

The biggest fact is, for every "Chel has dealt with that", Crystal has also, except they're way stronger and can nearly one-shot.

Charging at the enemy for melee attacks? The Assassin does the same thing, can almost one-shot, and disguises as an enemy. The Crystal Spider can swarm you, has laser crystals as backup, and a fair chunk of health. Robot Wolf shoots danmaku as it rolls. Snowbot charges at the mutant at the speed of way-too-fast. Lil' Hunter flies around like a madman, summoning and dropping bombs. Explo-Freak suicide bombs into you. Dog Guardian leaps around and bounces off walls to kill you dead.

Not discounting Loops, which are a whole new level of skill and absurdity.

Furthermore, melee weapons are quite key to elements of the game - namely, reflecting and destroying otherwise undodgable sets of attacks. It's hard to quantify melee skill, because a video game media and especially a bullethell limits you in that regard, but it has to be decently high.

(Also vote counted)

Yeah but generally fodder like that isn't exactly skilled or anything along those lines, and they go down pretty easily which Chelshia isn't going to. It's why they're called fodder, after all. They don't really compare to real characters all that much, and Chelshia still has a lot of maneuverability to get close enough to begin to attack Crystal, in my mind, and has a lot of ways to avoid initial attacks or to generally go unharmed.

And I mean...without real quantifiable feats on how good the skill is, it's kind of difficult to compare her to Chelshia all the same. We know Chelshia is pretty damn good at melee combat, fighting expert swordswomen and the like, and we know she's faced a variety of ranged attacks yet still won when having a melee weapon, which helps her case here, especially when she casually beats more experienced or skilled opponents either way.

She can definitely hold her own in melee combat, but it's not even fully cause of skill (since she tended to slap around the pirates she fought) and didn't fight them all at once. She fought them in small groups. They all weren't attacking her all at once, as I brought up. There have been like up to 3 melee users, and a few more cannon shooters on screen at once,

Ahem still ignoring the final boss fight where she fights like all five of them in one go and beats the crap out of the captain twice.

True. But they all weren't attacking at once. And all used literally only one attack. while still skilled for fighting with them, still not as skilled. And they all also went down in about 2-3 shots.

Still pretty impressive considering that she has to worry about so many things at once, if you ask me, as well as the captain herself who is still plenty skilled. And like literally the level right before that she had to fight all of the pirates again. (You beat the shit out of the girls a lot)

If we go by 'types of enemies you fight and how skilled they'd be' them Crystal fights an interdimensional police force and can even raid their entire base & kill their captain.

Jackythejack said:
Hey cool Chelshia raided a pirate ship and beat the shit out of their captain twice
Pirates,

Interdimensional police force moderating what is very possibly a 2-A level of cataclysm across the multiverse,

Pirates,

IDPD,

Hrm.

Chelshia might get some upgrades soon to AP, but still has lower AP and Dura and kinda gets blasted if she Berserks. So, reasons probably stand.

I mean honestly she doesn't get nearly as blasted as before and the AP values are a lot closer. .97 to 1.18, and durability scales. This is a lot closer now

Y e s.

And it doesn't muck up her matches that much because it's not too big of an upgrade. Otus gets AP stomped but most fights are fine

Eh, not really, honestly. Only one I can think of is Otus and possibly Mario. Most others are in comparable AP range. Even Catwoman is fine

Y'see, Crystal massively upscales from the feat, given that 1.1 was from literally the lowest possible damage any attack could deal to you, and furthermore, Crystal is the most durable character in the game.

Yeah but it's not even like a two times AP advantage now presumably, which was one of the selling points for Crystal at least. Chel somewhat upscale from the feat as it is casual

Back