• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs. Itachi Uchiha

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, both are intent on killing, without prior knowledge or preparation, beyond the initial distance of 100 meters.

The referred Itachi is Edo Itachi. His immortality is restricted, but the other effects of Edo Tensei are still active.

Katakuri dodges Amaterasu, Observation Haki nulls Genjutsu, can't get hit with Taijutsu, what else?

Katakuri dodges Amaterasu, Observation Haki nulls Genjutsu, can't get hit with Taijutsu, what else?
Why can he dodge Amaterasu? Explain how it nulls Genjutsu. I'll just scale Itachi's speed and AP higher than Katakuri. Well actually he has dura neg. So Totsuka stab GG.

Why can he dodge Amaterasu?
Katakuri's profile is Relativistic+. Ay was sub-rel dodging Amaterasu. And his future sight will tell him that he got burnt.
Explain how it nulls Genjutsu.
Genjutsu works on the 5 senses. Observation Haki is a 6th Sense. This will not work. And CoO users can fight with their eyes closed, and Katakuri is a master of CoO. Does Genjutsu have feats of working against extrasensory capabilities?
I'll just scale Itachi's speed and AP higher than Katakuri.
It doesn't matter what you scale his speed and AP, we have profiles here for a reason.
  • Remember to thoroughly read the basic statistics and powers of both profiles before posting on a versus thread. This prevents threads from becoming needlessly long and saves users the trouble of having to completely explain each character's powers and abilities for each and every thread.
His AP doesn't matter since he can't harm Katakuri via being slower and future sight dodging.
Well actually he has dura neg. So Totsuka stab GG.
Future sight and being faster than him dodges, maneuvering his body to forge around the Totsuka Blade dodges.

In this case, both are intent on killing, without prior knowledge or preparation, beyond the initial distance of 100 meters.

The referred Itachi is Edo Itachi. His immortality is restricted, but the other effects of Edo Tensei are still active.
You need to link the profiles.

Katakuri
Itachi

Katakuri's profile is Relativistic+. Ay was sub-rel dodging Amaterasu. And his future sight will tell him that he got burnt.

Genjutsu works on the 5 senses. Observation Haki is a 6th Sense. This will not work. And CoO users can fight with their eyes closed, and Katakuri is a master of CoO. Does Genjutsu have feats of working against extrasensory capabilities?

It doesn't matter what you scale his speed and AP, we have profiles here for a reason.

His AP doesn't matter since he can't harm Katakuri via being slower and future sight dodging.

Future sight and being faster than him dodges, maneuvering his body to forge around the Totsuka Blade dodges.
Okay- so the way Amaterasu works is that it just forms on whoever he's looking at (I can show scans for that). So his speed wouldn't matter. And I believe this is only the case for Itachi. It doesn't work with Sasuke or hasn't shown to. Itachi has resistance to precog and future sight due to Sharingan having that ability yet Itachi is still able to blitz Sasuke very easily. Also the Byakugan has future sight apparently and he beat up a guy with the Byakugan in the novel. I'd have to find that though. Btw, what is the extent of his Observation Haki?

No. It directly affects your chakra and under SBA, his Haki would be the same as chakra. He also has Kotoa which directly affects the brain. Itachi doesn't need eyesight either for Genjutsu. I can show scans.

Yeah- these profiles are not accurate at all lol. I refrain from using them a lot of the time. But if you insist.

No. They'd be equal in speed. They're reasoning for Sub-Relativistic was Itachi keeping up with KCM1 Naruto which he did so in 3 tomoe. His MS grants him a 10x amp.

Okay- so the way Amaterasu works is that it just forms on whoever he's looking at (I can show scans for that). So his speed wouldn't matter. And I believe this is only the case for Itachi. It doesn't work with Sasuke or hasn't shown to.
Sasuke has the same exact technique as him and people slower than Katakuri has blocked/dodged it (juubito, Raikage). Itachi gave Sasuke his own ability.
Itachi has resistance to precog and future sight due to Sharingan having that ability yet Itachi is still able to blitz Sasuke very easily. Also the Byakugan has future sight apparently and he beat up a guy with the Byakugan in the novel. I'd have to find that though.
Sharingan does not have resistance to precog or future sight. Sharingan has predictions while CoO has true precognition, huge difference.
Byakugan never showed future sight ever.
Btw, what is the extent of his Observation Haki?
5 seconds into the future, he sees everything that happens.
No. It directly affects your chakra and under SBA, his Haki would be the same as chakra. He also has Kotoa which directly affects the brain. Itachi doesn't need eyesight either for Genjutsu. I can show scans.
#1 Conqueror's Haki is a sixth sense that is not tied to your other five senses. SBA doesn't mean anything for that.
0259-009.png

Jiraiya says otherwise. It controls the chakra flowing through their brain, and CoO is passive, it works when they don't want it to work, so he can't manipulate CoO.
Yeah- these profiles are not accurate at all lol. I refrain from using them a lot of the time. But if you insist.
Not my rules, site rules. I'm assuming your from the forum that was just closed, that explains it.
No. They'd be equal in speed.
The OP would've said "equalized speed", he didn't, so this is a blitz. Equal speed, he still has future sight.
Katakuri dodged hits from people comparable/superior in speed. So if it's equal speed, he still dodges.
They're reasoning for Sub-Relativistic was Itachi keeping up with KCM1 Naruto which he did so in 3 tomoe. His MS grants him a 10x amp.
What type of headcanon?
When did Sharingan ever give AP or speed amps?

Sasuke has the same exact technique as him and people slower than Katakuri has blocked/dodged it (juubito, Raikage). Itachi gave Sasuke his own ability.

Sharingan does not have resistance to precog or future sight. Sharingan has predictions while CoO has true precognition, huge difference.
Byakugan never showed future sight ever.

5 seconds into the future, he sees everything that happens.

#1 Conqueror's Haki is a sixth sense that is not tied to your other five senses. SBA doesn't mean anything for that.
0259-009.png

Jiraiya says otherwise. It controls the chakra flowing through their brain, and CoO is passive, it works when they don't want it to work, so he can't manipulate CoO.

Not my rules, site rules. I'm assuming your from the forum that was just closed, that explains it.

The OP would've said "equalized speed", he didn't, so this is a blitz. Equal speed, he still has future sight.
Katakuri dodged hits from people comparable/superior in speed. So if it's equal speed, he still dodges.

What type of headcanon?
When did Sharingan ever give AP or speed amps?
That's a false equivalence. He has Itachi's eyes as well, doesn't mean he can use Tsukuyomi. Point dismissed.

No. It's blatantly shown to be precognition lol. Show me CoO in action. Send the scan of 5 seconds. Here's Byakugan future sight.

It's still Haki is it not?

Okay- you just proved my point. I said it affects chakra flow. Show me CoO being passive. And it being passive doesn't mean he can't manipulate it.

Yes. I am.

Doesn't matter what the OP didn't say, that's how Itachi's abilities work. Btw, it's stated in the databook and I think the Itachi novel stated something similar.

Translation:

The Power Of Hate!

Mangekyō Sharingan The Most Dangerous Dojūtsu! Aided By The Power Of Hatred The User Gains A Tremendous Jump In Power Tens Of His Own Power

That's a false equivalence. He has Itachi's eyes as well, doesn't mean he can use Tsukuyomi. Point dismissed.
Itachi gave him his Amaterasu. Read your own series.
No. It's blatantly shown to be precognition lol.
You're funny, They flat out say that it's not precognition.
Show me CoO in action.
0884-007.png

Send the scan of 5 seconds.

Here's Byakugan future sight.
That's the hugest reach ever. Why couldn't he see the rasengan flying towards him huh? He could see his chakra and such, which is why he commented on his Jogan in the future
It's still Haki is it not?
Define Haki since you apparently know what Haki is.
Okay- you just proved my point. I said it affects chakra flow.
Ok.
They say it affects the five senses through chakra. The 6th sense is not tied to it. Again. Enough. Haki is not a fluid, Haki is not something that can be "manipulated".
Show me CoO being passive. And it being passive doesn't mean he can't manipulate it.
Send a scan of Itachi manipulating precognition.
Send a scan of someone manipulating conqueror's haki.
Haki isn't a fluid you can mix around, it's like Sage Sensing. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Doesn't matter what the OP didn't say, that's how Itachi's abilities work. Btw, it's stated in the databook and I think the Itachi novel stated something similar.
The original post did not say "speed equalized", so speed is not equalized. The OP is how the fight works. If you don't care about the OP, go find a different wiki.
I don't read japanese, find a translation.

Itachi gave him his Amaterasu. Read your own series.

You're funny, They flat out say that it's not precognition.

0884-007.png

That's the hugest reach ever. Why couldn't he see the rasengan flying towards him huh? He could see his chakra and such, which is why he commented on his Jogan in the future

Define Haki since you apparently know what Haki is.

Ok.
They say it affects the five senses through chakra. The 6th sense is not tied to it. Again. Enough. Haki is not a fluid, Haki is not something that can be "manipulated".

Send a scan of Itachi manipulating precognition.
Send a scan of someone manipulating conqueror's haki.
Haki isn't a fluid you can mix around, it's like Sage Sensing. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The original post did not say "speed equalized", so speed is not equalized. The OP is how the fight works. If you don't care about the OP, go find a different wiki.
I don't read japanese, find a translation.

Yeah I know that. I'm not disagreeing with you. Just because he gave him his powers doesn't mean he can use it to the same degree. Do you understand what I'm saying?

For one, Why is Zabuza a credible source? Two, precognition is just the knowledge you have of a future event. Zabuza says read and see the future. Not the same thing. Three, prove Kakashi has mastered the Sharingan.

Mkay.

Because his Byakugan wasn't active.

I don't need to. Answer the question.

Why is the 6th sense not tied to it? Why can't it be manipulated?

That scan doesn't prove it's passive. Never claimed Itachi could. Never claimed they could. Doesn't have to be a fluid at all.

Did you even see my reasoning for equal speed? Also I gave the translation. All you had to do was read.

Until the OP says "equal speed" this is a blitz and it cannot be added.

Read the profiles we have. Thank you.

I don't really think it's immortality. More like really good regen.

Alright, so the opposition got banned.

Katakuri passively precogs where Amaterasu lands.
Katakuri can't be harmed by his attacks.

CoO is a 6th sense, Genjutsu affects only first 5 while CoO is independent of those.
Totsuka Blade can't hit, he'll just maneuver around it.

Kata gets my vote

Since when does a 6th sense instantly neg genjutsu especially tsukuyomi? KCM naruto and other sensory type ninjas have more then the traditional 5 senses and they aren't immune to genjutsu. CEE is sensory type ninja which is a 6th is a genjutsu expert and sasukes GJ clapped him. OH dosent grant resistance to perception sleep fear manip etc. Itachi can quite literally put him to sleep in a instant how does haki magically wake him up? Or if Kat is put in tsukuyomi how does Haki get him out of that?

I like how the writer of this statement forgot that visual genjutsu can be negated by stopping the user's sight from affecting them. Zabuza closed his eyes and he was immune to genjutsu.
Since when does a 6th sense instantly neg genjutsu especially tsukuyomi?
What I'm reading is "this does all of this inverse so L".
In One Piece, people can fight without using their five senses.
People can also fight with their eyes closed.

Tsukuyomi is a strong genjutsu that works through eyesight. Close your eyes, it's not working.
KCM naruto and other sensory type ninjas have more then the traditional 5 senses and they aren't immune to genjutsu.
Naruto is already resistant to Genjutsu idk what you thought you were doing w/ this.
CEE is sensory type ninja which is a 6th is a genjutsu expert and sasukes GJ clapped him.
Their senses are tied to their regular senses, which CoO is not. Their senses are not passive, which CoO is.
OH dosent grant resistance to perception sleep fear manip etc. Itachi can quite literally put him to sleep in a instant how does haki magically wake him up?
Simple, he doesn't get put under it,
Or if Kat is put in tsukuyomi how does Haki get him out of that?
"Aye Katakuri, you're in genjutsu, close your eyes".

Yeah, Tsukuyomi requires Itachi to make eye contact with his foe, but I think Itachi has various types of genjutsu that can work on Katakuri that don't need to make eye contact with him, just looking at him is enough.

Yeah, Tsukuyomi requires Itachi needs to make eye contact with his foe, but I think Itachi has various types of genjutsu that can work on Katakuri that don't need to make eye contact with him, just looking at him is enough.
Genjutsu needs a medium, whether it's sight, sound, smell, taste, or touch.

It wouldn't be farfetched to say he has them, but he hasn't shown it so it's not fair to say he can use it.

OP also says 100 meters apart -_- Katakuri has 100 meters to do whatever he wants

Katakuri suffocates.
0882-010.png
0883-002.png
0883-003.png
0883-004.png

How would he know he is under a genjutsu Even if he sees the future why would he assume his senses are being manipulated? Plus the future he sees would just be itachi standing still not the dreamscape itachi creates in kats his mind

zabuza closed his eyes because he knows about genjutsu... Kat dosent the future he sees wont show him the illusions itachi creates

Since when is COO passive? Thats something they actively have to use atleast its that way for future sight. When kat wanted to know why pudding fell to the floor the scan showed a closeup of his face and and exclamation points showing he is now using the ability

My naruto point was naruto has his 5 senses as well as emotion sensing clairvoyance etc yet itachis GJ can still work on hi,. So Gj can work on people with more then 5

Simple, he doesn't get put under it,
This doesn't really answer his question which was a hypothetical scenario in which Katakuri is put to sleep, and how Observation Haki would wake him up.
"Aye Katakuri, you're in genjutsu, close your eyes".
Same thing as above, but instead of being put to sleep he's under paralysis and the other effects of Sharingan Genjutsu.

He's asking how Observation Haki would break him out of these hypothetical scenarios.

Genjutsu GG.
Stop putting Itachi against characters without Genjutsu resistance, it's his first move.

Itachi starts with Genjutsu from the very beginning, so unless Katakuri knows he’s gonna use it, I’m unsure of how he can see it coming. I’m kinda neutral on Haki canceling out Sharingan precognition, but that in no way makes Itachi’s taijutsu useless, especially since he could fight KCM Naruto & SSM Kabuto, despite both having a pretty potent danger sense. Just Base SM Naruto could sense things across the entire planet, so KCM far exceeds.

Itachi also has far more versatility in his techniques, and I don’t see why he cannot simply burn the mochi away if it comes for him. Coupled with his explosive clones, Susanoo, TB, and YM, what exactly does Katakuri do to him?

Itachi starts with Genjutsu from the very beginning, so unless Katakuri knows he’s gonna use it, I’m unsure of how he can see it coming. I’m kinda neutral on Haki canceling out Sharingan precognition, but that in no way makes Itachi’s taijutsu useless, especially since he could fight KCM Naruto & SSM Kabuto, despite both having a pretty potent danger sense. Just Base SM Naruto could sense things across the entire planet, so KCM far exceeds.
Sharingan's precognition is analytical it predicts the best possible outcome meanwhile observation Haji shows the actual future

Em, analytical prediction is better than future sight in actual combat.
Whatever future you see is irrelevant since a person with analytic prediction acts depending on the actions of his enemy.

Em, analytical prediction is better than future sight in actual combat.
Whatever future you see is irrelevant since a person with analytic prediction acts depending on the actions of his enemy.
Analytical prediction works on the basis of the information that has been already provided so for Itachi to have a better precognition he will first need to figure out katakuri's observation Hali and his devil fruit

Well, first of all, if you want to add matches to their profiles, you can't remove abilities like you did. And this is a speedblitz in favor of Katakuri. If this is just for fun, fine, no problem. But matches with SBA have more attention

Analytical prediction works on the basis of the information that has been already provided
What you're describing is not Analytical Prediction, that's Prior Knowledge or Information.

Sharingan Analytical Prediction falls under the "Reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation" portion of the Precognition Page.

OP also says 100 meters apart -_- Katakuri has 100 meters to do whatever he wants

Katakuri suffocates.
0882-010.png
0883-002.png
0883-003.png
0883-004.png
We're forgetting that he has 100 meters worth of space and everyone's saying genjutsu gg while forgetting that? Okay.

What you're describing is not Analytical Prediction, that's Prior Knowledge or Information.

Sharingan Analytical Prediction falls under the "Reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation" portion of the Precognition Page.
didnt the sharingan used to be under precog I think last year is when it was changed to analytical prediction. But its not like they are guessing and reacting like a basketball player on defense they are legit seeing whats about to happen its all up to if they can react which is similar to COO/OH users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back