• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters you have grown to dislike or have become irritated by.

WilliamShadow said:
How did this turn into "Who's wanked more" thread?
Because that tends to be the #1 reason why characters get hated on in the VS community. (And not just on this wiki, either.)

This is a thread about characters people have come to dislike and the reasons why. The discussion was eventually going to turn into that sooner or later.

Personally, I dislike downplaying more than wanking.

I have witnessed a "Madoka vs Zeno" thread in which people were claiming Goddess Madoka isn't even universal. Scans were provided, but they ignored it.

"I dislike a character because someone else wanks it and thinks they can do things they actually can't"

Shallow reason without any sense.

I am gonna say only that.

You can hate anything and anyone for any reason you want. I simply say that some reasons are shallow and stupid. At least for me.

Beyonder,,,

I like the character. He isn't bad at all. Just all of the arrogance that people use to him, how pepole view him as offical captial G-god , wank in the threads. It gets even WORSE if it's Pre-Retcon ... Post-Retcon isn't that bad. I have evidence of an 1-A Multi-Abstracts in my blog... But the way people treat him in debates and in casual chats makes me not like the mentioning of it. Much less BeyonderGodOmnipotent...

The character I hate the most... Probably Luke Skywalker. One of the most loved character ever, from my favorite (second..?) verse. I hate him for the ridiculous powers writers gave him. For his incompetence as a teacher (come on, almost anyone he teaches goes to the dark side). For being almost a Gary Stu. I hate him because it doesn't matter the deep lore all the verse might have, it all comes to him. Because Lucas didn't want him to die. He has a literal plot armor. How am I supposed to enjoy the novels or comics with him if I know for sure he's going to survive? Is simply boring. Is funny, because I loved the Exar Kun books, precisely because he wasn't the main character in that. He almost died, lol. It gave chance for others to shine, and made for some great and true peril.

The second character I hate the most is... Probably Yami from Okami. But I hate him for good reasons why you should hate someone. He's the bad guy, he commited atrocities for the sake of evil, he almost killed Ammy via a cheap move. I hate him in a fun kind of way, I guess. But excluding characters like him, the second I hate the most is probably Starkiller, also from Star Wars. The reason for him to exist... "He's what Luke would've become if joined Darth Vader". The almost disrespect for the lore by including him. "He created the rebel alliance".

And yes, I'm talking expanded universe here.

I completely disagree with you on the Star Wars characters. Even in legends there are still characters that would obliterate Lukes easily. (The bedlam spirits for example) And if Luke were a Gary Stu why would he suck at teaching? A Gary Stu, by definition is a character without any flaws. There is plenty of lore that has nothing to do with Luke. (KOTOR)

Same with Starkiller (or Galen Marek as that's his real name) in fact he's one of my favorites. He's the perfect foil for Vader maybe even more than Lukes is. (Vader was a Jedi who became a sith lord because of love. Galen was a sith apprentice who became a Jedi because of love. , Vader is a better duelist but a weaker force welder Galen has the advantage in the force but the novelization of the second game states that the best he could hope for in a duel against him was a draw, and in a way you could argue Galen is what Anakin could have become if he remained a jedi. Admittedly not nearly as powerful but still.) Galen is also one of the few Jedi to use both sides of the force. Kind of like Mace Windu and Revan.

Sorry Dragonmasterxyz, but...

Shakkouwho?
Why???

Shakkoumon is the embodiment of burning tires in Digimon. As a DNA digivolution of the second stupidest Digidestined Digimon, and one of the best (Sorry, Angemon fans. I'm not targeting the hate on you... ;-;), his overall poor design, and the fact he can outlast someone who can potentially become a Royal Knight founder at some point (Even V-mon's natural Mega Level seems to be a Royal Knight anyway.), makes me wonder how this guy still persists, and not tri. Gabumon's Evolutionary Line (We haven't seen Weregarurumon in forever.) how an Ultimate Level that can be the byproduct of one of the worst/best makes me wonder how Xross Wars even had complete garbage for evolutions... Weird can be fun, but when you are a Digidestined with trash like Armadillomon, I take offense when it comes to the extent of how bad a Digimon can be. If we get Armadillomon one more time, he better be competent at his abilities, not this... Sorry, Dragonmasterxyz, but of course Digimon had some crud, and Shakkoumon is the main standard of that... Please don't trigger, guys. I hated this guy even back when I was a kid. Now that I'm recollecting him, I'm surprised I knew I'd be better off with Terriermon anyway... ;-^

The abstract embodiment of burning tires...I like it. Reminds me of this game I played where the final boss was the abstract embodiment of doors.

Shakkoumon is cool tho, yo. A Jōmon Digimon, that's both clever and historically awesome!

I'm going to have to unfollow this charade. I already hated my childhood over one Digimon, & I don't want longtime fans of the series triggering over a clay Jomon Period statue incarnate. >~>

Nah, it's good. Never liked how an Angel and an ANKYLOSAUR made this thing in the first place. ovo

I don't really get irritated or get to dislike characters de facto. There are exceptions, but most of the time said characters were kind of geared towards being disliked (Dolores Umbridge, for example).

Now, for characters that get me annoyed in VS Matches... Well, these aren't the characters themselves. In fact, the haxxier the character, the more I tend to love it. It's more about the people who tend to defend them. Those would be Accelerator, Saitama and Sans. Which is kinda bad, since I like Accelerator and Sans and I really like Saitama as characters.

I would mention a character I hated from a source only I seem to be familiar with, but her background has references to stuff that would get me banned to begin with. Not taking chances since when Lordaizensama forced this fate through his head for something racist. Dunno what, but the unfollow didn't work... Somebody tell me how that works, then I'll pretend this didn't exist...

BTW, Darkanine, one should be lucky I never watched Xross Wars. Shakkoumon is like Gold Digizoid compared to (almost?) everything about that series. I'm just waiting for Gabumon's truly triumphant return... Fragging Shoutmon; he didn't even have a true digivolution line; just what seemed like Digimon fusing with one another without a true idea what a real digivolving is...

See ya, I can't believe what went wrong with an amazing franchise...

Dragonborn is starting to get a lot of my hate. A lot of 8 year old Skyrim fans who would look in confusion if I showed them the first game and said it was TES, wank him to unimaginable heights. They say he could ******* kill Sithis and Anu with fus ro dah.

In terms of character, he is.... okay.. but everything else just pisses me off.

Every single appmon. The series is an abomination and I wish they had just made Adventures 3 into an actual series rather than a string of movies

I have a huge love hate relationship with Yujiro Hanma. On one hand I love him for how completely and utterly badass he is. But on the other hand I hate him for how horrible of a person he is and the atrocious things he's done. On top of the fact that the whole show builds up to him finally getting defeated/receiving his commuppance, only for it to never happen. (Maybe he might eventually get beaten in the manga. I hope)

Ryukama said:
I have a huge love hate relationship with Yujiro Hanma. On one hand I love him for how completely and utterly badass he is. But on the other hand I hate him for how horrible of a person he is and the atrocious things he's done. On top of the fact that the whole show builds up to him finally getting defeated/receiving his commuppance, only for it to never happen. (Maybe he might eventually get beaten in the manga. I hope)

I just found myself a new character for a vs battle, thanks.

Yujiro's profile is bad in my opinion. His best stuff, stopping an earthquake with a punch, scaling to a guy who shook a town and it being stated that the latest 2017 missiles can't defeat him aren't on there because they never got calced. Lina also did a higher speed calc of the guy that isn't there. If you want to make a match for the inaccurate Yujiro for now then fine I guess lol

Gargoyle One said:
Isn't Dragonborn a blank slate?
Nope, ingame he is just for gameplay, he gets portrayed as such a hero that protects everything despite actually being a genocidal maniac who murders things for a version of Mephala disguised as Sithis, and ruthlessly slaughtering women and sometimes children as a werewolf.

Serious, go look at your kill count after you do a run of Skyrim, perfect example of a genocidal maniac masked by heroism. Yeah he might've stopped a weak Alduin from killing a bunch of people, and stopped a dragon priest who got corrupted by a Daedric prince, but trust me, he has done so many genocidal and apathic things, yet I hate how people who play the game treat him as such an amazing person and a hero who brought absolute harmony to Skyrim.... personally I'm fine with him being a genocidal freak and all, but just... he gets portrayed as such a good guy

In terms of vs debating: Mario because the biased fanboys that wank him to high heavens to make sure Sonic can't beat him. Things like canonicizing Paper Mario in spite of Paper Jam, using an obvious outlier/PIS (defeating Dreamy Bowser) as Mario's base tier, and some other fallacies.

As a character: Ophanimon because it's ******** and Magnadramon is Salamon's true Mega form. Take that fanboys!

I've seen people wank the Dragonborn to 1-A before...

I'm already well aware about that group of people... they think DB has CHIM and that CHIM is 1-A.

Gargoyle One said:
Who is the best Elder Scrolls character in your opinion?
Truthfully Vaermina, nocturnal, or sheogorath. Vaermina and nocturnal are very mysterious, deceptive, and interesting, and sheogorath is the funniest thing in existence

Ophanimon > Magnadramon. Fight me (Ó©ç ═á┬░ ═ƒ╩û ═í┬░)Ó©ç

I see Mario getting downplayed more than wanked to be honest. I'll admit I thought his Low 7-B feat was a huge outlier a few years back.

Darkanine said:
I see Mario getting downplayed more than wanked to be honest. I'll admit I thought his Low 7-B feat was a huge outlier a few years back.
Ryukama said:
IMO Mario is wanked here downplayed everywhere else.
He still gets some pretty nasty wankage from fanboys who want to make sure he beats Sonic.

Sega now makes Sonic games on Nintendo consoles, and they always do vastly worse than Mario games. Regardless of who beats who in a fight, we all know who won the war :)

(Note I'm just joking and I love Sonic as well. Imitating typical Mario fanboy)

Back