• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changes to the Stranger profile

CCMac27

He/Him
The Stranger was completely featless with 6-C AP and Durability for no reason. Updated some of his stats, I'll look through the game later for some actual destructive feats.

I looked into it, he has several casual feats of harming characters that can casually destroy walls, and from what's described with the destruction of the Scale's World is was a "civilization". I also think planet level via corruption should be removed as upon him landing on the planet the it's pretty clear what they meant by "the planet will die" as he passively kills everything on the planet via running around.

So where should we tier that? We can also just do "likely higher" if we can't figure it out

Uh

I did like two calcs for him ages ago that were Low 7-B

if anyone's interested in digging them up

He also did have the mentions of destroying the world and I'm sure I could find more feats, the two Low 7-B ones were literally just performed by the first two bosses

For reference, the Low 7-B feats were...

• The Jailer having a constant storm around his location
  • The Strap being able to destroy her own prison, even though it'd regenerate around her

I get the Jailer one (although didn't the general storm calc change?) but I don't get the Strap feat?? How is it Low 7-B

The Jailer one probably does need changes due to storm calcs. To be honest I never bothered to do them since it wasn't a verse I figured would get work. And the Strap... how do you mean?

I'm assuming the prison is that large. But if both calcs were accepted then this can be changed to "At least Low 7-B, possibly higher"

Actually laser dodging wasn't accepted on the premise that the thing firing lasers was also firing projectiles. I discussed those with DontTalk directly.

How does it firing other projectiles change the nature of the laser, though?

If there was generally no proof he actually fired a laser (Didn't reflect off of anything, didn't come from a lense) then maybe, but that doesn't really seem like good enough evidence.

DMUA said:
How does it firing other projectiles change the nature of the laser, though?
If there was generally no proof he actually fired a laser (Didn't reflect off of anything, didn't come from a lense) then maybe, but that doesn't really seem like good enough evidence.
It came from a spotlight, which is also the Strap's head. Don't ask me why. It refracted off the metal walls and went only in a straight line. So it does have qualities. But it was determined to be not enough. That is all.

That seems... really weird, that we would be that strict, but alright.

Also, I think the storm calculation could also fit under this

You can ask again for an evaluation of the laser feat. It seems warranted to count as light to me.

For reference, I could calc the destruction of the world he impacted with if somebody could find me a screenshot of it. I'm certain the world was shown when the various guardian areas were shown one on top of the other, and it would likely result in an upgrade at least.

Furiworlds
This was the only screenshot I could get. It's not very good, and I'm not even sure which world is the one he impacted.

It doesn't look like there's any visible damage to the planet, no.

The inside would have damage, though. It could work.

The main question is if this planetoid was his "world". As far as I know, the structures we see are built specifically to house threats like the Stranger, with the best of mankind being sent as guardians. The Voice is supposedly the architect and formerly one of the guardians before ultimately betraying them for certain reasons- but would this prison have been his world? At best it would have been a low-ball, as I suspect his "world" is an actual planet.

For now, honestly, I'd add a "Possibly High 6-A" for the decimation of a planet. I severely doubt the planet shown is in fact the world spoken of, and High 6-A is the minimum value given to destruction of a planet. It is made clear it was done with a singular impact- so this seems fair to me.

I think it's too iffy for a solid tier honestly

Wrong boss, bub. Strap is the second one.

DMUA said:
I think it's too iffy for a solid tier honestly
Hence possibly. If everyone else is against it, that's fine, but I'd feel fine with giving minimal world destroying tier, considering Orphan Boss' civilization and the tons of statements from bosses like The Beat saying "You are literally going to destroy our world".

I think they're more referring too the fact that his corruption quite literally passively corrupts all life on earth, The Beat even says "with you our world withers and dies".

Also they could call in an entire alien armada on them

Could be. But that has physical connotations to it.

I'm cool if people find the rating weird. "Possibly higher" is a neato phrase to use.

Back