• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Champa downgrade

This downgrade is not so much a downgrade in stats as it is a slight nerf in stats and overall, but it should be noted IMO

1) that it was stated that he's got low stamina since he's out of shape, which according to Vados IICR made him. Saying his stamina is unknown is a bit out of place. He should be listed as low for stamina as he cannot fight for lengthy periods and we have no timeframe of his fight between himself and Beerus.

2) Champa is weaker than Beerus and I'm pretty sure Beerus handily defeated Champa once before. That should be noted in his profile. This doesn't take away his 3-A rating or put him at "at least 3-B" but he should something like "(Comparable to but significantly weaker than Beerus)" on his profile.

3) While he is cunning in his own right he's also arrogant and makes miscalculations, as shown in U6.

Not sure, he fought equaly against Beerus, they should be equal strong; however, is possible that Champa is a little slower and have a little less stamina (like you stated above... and could be gag, but seems like he doesn't support much the heat)

He has never fought equally against Beerus and Beerus laughs at the very idea of that.

In U6 Arc he did a few punches and that was it. Champa can hold his own against Beerus but not indefinitely.

I Disagree with almost everything. 1) Champa stamina should still be unknown since we know nothing anything about him to just assume he has lower stamina than the Goku and Vegeta would be crazy.

2) Champa was sure he could take Hit and Goku easily even with time-skip and kaioken, the fight between Champa and Beerus was nearly even in then manga as well so that should keep his rating.

3) Yes, i agree he is cunning and arrogant but it still doesn't disprove his strength.

In the manga they showed equally fighting in that planet and it moons, physical strikes and ki blast should be in the same level; however, Beerus could be smarter, more skilled, those things that could make the difference

1) We know he's overweight and that Vados pointed out his lackluster stamina. To assume he was weaker would be crazy, but to assume he's got more stamina is not.

2) I didn't say he shouldn't, I just said he should be noted as weaker than Beerus. The anime makes it clear Beerus is considerably superior to him.

3) It's more something to put into intelligence.

Antoniofer said:
In the manga they showed equally fighting in that planet and it moons, physical strikes and ki blast should be in the same level; however, Beerus could be smarter, more skilled, those things that could make the difference
Beerus might not have been giving it his all.

Welp, I guess is true that Beerus is fitter than Champ, intelligent and can't be damaged by a table: with very similar level of strength, Beerus is a little above Champ, or at least hasn't as many weaknesses

Yeah it's comedic relief and in the manga the 2 fought a cross a solar system both at full power.Even if we go by the anime Beerus and Champa were sparing equally in speed and AP and had to be stopped because they were going to destroy Universe 6 and 7.

Champa was gonna kill Hit,who is a 3-A, with a casual ki attack.

If we were to use the Beerus is a 10 scale Goku with the Kaio-ken would be at 16 even higher than Whis and Hit is stronger than that so Champa is casually stronger than Beerus by this scale,I honestly hate this scale so much I can give like a billion other examples of why it should never be used.

The only thing I can kinda agree on is "Gets exhausted easily" and even then it's for someone who moves at billions of times the speed of light so since fights wouldn't even last 5 minutes it's minimal.

RadicalMrR said:
Yeah it's comedic relief and in the manga the 2 fought a cross a solar system both at full power.Even if we go by the anime Beerus and Champa were sparing equally in speed and AP and had to be stopped because they were going to destroy Universe 6 and 7.
Champa was gonna kill Hit,who is a 3-A, with a casual ki attack.

If we were to use the Beerus is a 10 scale Goku with the Kaio-ken would be at 16 even higher than Whis and Hit is stronger than that so Champa is casually stronger than Beerus by this scale,I honestly hate this scale so much I can give like a billion other examples of why it should never be used.

The only thing I can kinda agree on is "Gets exhausted easily" and even then it's for someone who moves at billions of times the speed of light so since fights wouldn't even last 5 minutes it's minimal.
No they weren't. Nothing states they were on even ground.

Hit is only 3-A by increasing his power in a fight via self improvement. Normally he's 3-A. Also I doubt Champa was casual with that look on his face.

I think the scale is still valid to Whis and Beerus, but not Goku.

Alright.

@Radical, this isn't an downgrade from 3-A to 3-B, this for a note for the Champa's skill and stamina, what apparently is significally slower than Beerus

Is stated that if Beerus and Champa fight, they will destroy both U6 and U7

So, basically that measn than Champa is surely 3-A

I disagree with the downgrade, Champa being fat and lazy is purely for comedy. Beerus respects Champa's power far more than Goku or Hit. Also they were spurring pretty evenly during episode 28. Nothing suggests they have much gap in power except for a few gag scenes

Beerus VS Champa ! - Dragon Ball Super Episode 28
Beerus VS Champa ! - Dragon Ball Super Episode 28

I though than this thread is about a note in his stamina and/or weakness, not an actual downgrade... maybe the name is confusing the users

Perhaps Champa's profile should receive a note regarding that he is sometimes presented as very out of shape and easily tired, and sometimes not?

Antvasima said:
Perhaps Champa's profile should receive a note regarding that he is sometimes presented as very out of shape and easily tired, and sometimes not?
We should wait for serious showings of Champa, him being tired after walking 5 minutes under the sun looks is pure gag, just like Goku punching krillin and krillin surviving

Well, it was treated as a major plot point that he is severely out of shape. Vados even mentiomed it to both Goku and Zen'o, on different occasions. I think that a mention of: "Weaknesses: Unknown. He is sometimes presented as very out of shape and easily tired, and sometimes not" would be appropriate.

That is an exesive number of >. Both are considered canon, is just that if the manga contradict the anime, the anime will be considered first.Personally, I prefer the manga when we're looking for feats, is more detailed, less inconsistence and has no filler

the DBS manga is as canon as the Dragon Ball Z anime is as canon to the DB/DBZ manga

I have now adjusted Champa's page, according to the first post.

Back