• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Some of the profiles for Chainsaw Man outdated or gained some new Powers/Abilities as well as a little speed boost. (Added the rest since Part 1 finished)

Denji
Denji: Conceptual Manipulation (Type 4. When Chainsaw Man consumes a Devil, its concept and the object it represents are erased from existence and forgot by everyone)
image0.png
image1.png
image2.png
image3.png

Denji: Should have his regeneration changed to High-Mid, Denji was able to regenerate just from his heart.
image1.png
image2.png

Denji: Intelligence could probably go to Above Average or higher.

Denji: Should have his speed changed to Massively Hypersonic because he could fight and keep up with Makima.

All of these should only be part of Chainsaw Devil

Denji: Should have 3 keys Denji | Chainsaw Man | Chainsaw Devil

All Devils
All Devil characters: Abstract Existence (Type 2. Devils are born with a name and are kept alive/empowered by the fear of the object they embody)
image4.png
image5.png

Power
Power: Should have her regeneration changed to Low-High because Power regenerated from the blood she gave Denji after she got stronger and on their level.
image3.png
image2.png
image1.png
image0.png

Power: As the image above shows she can now effect other people's blood and should be able to bypass durability so it should be added to her Blood Manipulation description.

Power: Should have her speed changed to Massively Hypersonic because she could fight and keep up with Makima.

Power: Regeneration Negation, Up to High-Mid she slowed Makima's regeneration long enough for Denji to be able to kill her. Unless this would be something else
image0.png

All of these should only be part of Blood Devil.

Power: Should have 2 keys Power | Blood Devil

Makima
Makima: Necromancy via the Zombie Devil, she can resurrect the dead Devil Hunters she has control over. Also should probably have the rest of the Weapon Devils added as well.
image0.png

I feel these should be added to their profiles.

Last edited:
Denji and Power shouldn't have Resistance to Mind Manipulation. That is a weakness of Makima's ability, not their own power/strength.

How do we know that it's a weakness? There seems to be no real explanation for how either of them resist her, just that they do from what I can remember.

Hmm, I think that would mean Denji shouldn't get it in that case. But Power should still qualify, since we don't have a statement from Makima or anything besides Power not being affected by her ability to show that Makima doesn't think Power lesser than herself anymore.

Not sure about the speed upgrade. Makima hasn't really displayed any feats of speed; even her fighting the Gun Devil was off-screen and what we did see consisted of her being killed by the Gun Devil, reviving, then spawning an attack above the Gun Devil's head.

I think the regeneration upgrade would only affect Power.

Power should be divided into two keys; one for her normal self, and one for being augmented by Pochita's power.

Conceptual Manipulation and Abstract Existence are fine.

It’s implied that she pretty much planned it all though and she could still reaction to his attacks.

I agree with Damage. Makima got shot from far away, revived then attacked. Assuming she did plan it that doesn't mean she actually could react to it although she should scale above normal Denji as she fought the Darkness Devil.

Her planning it means she had control of the Gun Devil which would means she should be more powerful aka as fast or faster and on top of that Denji versed the Gun Fiend (Aki) who should scale to the Gun Devil as it’s just him in a possessed body.

Last edited:
Even if it that’s the last resort that would mean the Gun Devil was losing to Makima and used Aki’s body as a last resort

Because she’s watching the bullets come at her and just lets them hit her it even shows she turns her head as the bullets fly by, I don’t see how there’s anything to constitute her speed not being on par as every time she’s been attacked in the series she allows herself to take damage.

The Gun Devil stopped very far from her and started to shoot. By the time the bullets reached her she had slightly turned her head and begun to use an ability. That really proves nothing as she has no feats that suggests she can even follow that speed.

The whole encounter happened over 6 seconds, the Gun Devil activates his ability in 1 second and she activated her ability in 2 seconds so their abilities activated relative to each other’s. There isn’t anything to disprove her not being able to react to his gunfire as the whole way she fights is by just taking damage she doesn’t worry about evading attacks so she just lets them hit her.

Yeah she can hurt him with whatever abilities she has but that doesn't translate to speed at all. It took Makima twice as long to activate and cast her power and unlike the Gun Devil her power lacks travel time as it was just spawning a portal over the target.

Yet the Gun Devil couldn’t avoid the abilities so the abilities would be relative to him in speed most abilities have a travel time that is relative to the user. It’s never stated that the only ability she used was the Judgement Devil.

We have no idea how majority of the fight went. All we know is Makima got killed before she could even make a move then tossed out her own ability after. Gun Devil could've killed her 50 times before going down for all we know. What we do know though is the Gun Devil activated and hit her in half the time it took her to activate and launch her own ability that we don't even know if it hit.

Lastly we have no clue if whatever portal she spawned had a travel time as not all abilities in fiction do.

I’m more talking about the Judgement Devil having a travel time to attack the Gun Devil because he couldn’t evade him. Denji could kill the Gun Fiend in one attack the only reason he didn’t is cause it was Aki which Makima is superior to the Denji that killed the Gun Fiend and there’s no way to tell how much weaker the Gun Devil would’ve gotten when becoming a fiend.

She died 26 times to Denji when he was in the Chainsaw Devil form which is stronger than the normal variant and she was able to react to his attacks on the other devils. The Judgement Devil is the thing that spawns out of the portal and I'm saying you can't say how much weaker the Gun Devil was when he became a fiend, even the Violence Fiend was stronger than most normal fiend.

Yh the Violence Fiend was a weird outlier and base Denji doesn't scale to Gun Devil.

I don't have to prove anything. Burden of proof is on you as it is your assertion that the GF is comparable to GD (I'm merely saying it is weaker than before and we shouldn't assume). Even then the fact that the GF never uses the same powers as the GD and can't cause anywhere close to the same level of destruction in anywhere close to the same timeframe it had done previously supports my point.

You are imply that he basically became 1,000x weaker as Denji has had no real boost in speed so he'd still be around Subsonic also the Gund Fiend hasn't necessarily had any drop in AP it was more range and AoE as the big first feat the Gun Devil ever displayed was weaker than BoS Chainsaw Devil Denji. It's not really an outlier it would most likely mean that the stronger you are the less weak you become as a Fiend.

Not sure about the speed upgrade. Makima hasn't really displayed any feats of speed; even her fighting the Gun Devil was off-screen and what we did see consisted of her being killed by the Gun Devil, reviving, then spawning an attack above the Gun Devil's head.

I think the regeneration upgrade would only affect Power.

Power should be divided into two keys; one for her normal self, and one for being augmented by Pochita's power.

Conceptual Manipulation and Abstract Existence are fine.
If Denji doesn't have the same level as her it should still be higher than it is currently as he regenerated from just a heart (High-Mid)
image1.png
image2.png

Oh yeah even if Devil mode Denji scaled to Gun Devil somehow Makima doesn't scale to that at all as she was repeatedly killed whenever he directly attacked her.

So GF has lost AP, AOE, his targeting abilities and it wouldn't be farfetched to say he lost speed. If it was a matter of your strength as a devil translates to strength as a fiend it would have been said instead the VF was just said to be weirdly strong.

Makima was still able to react to Denji's attacks, the Devils she controlled were able to react to him and attack him

Mind posting scans of Makima or the devils reacting to him cause off the top of my head I remember: All try to jump him and he escapes and blitzes arrow woman, he blitzes katana man , gets grabbed by bomb girl and blizes her, gets stabbed by Halberd man while he's distracted and after coming back from orbit grabs them all and slices them without them being able to do anything.

Makima never reacted to his attacks. The first time he attacked she got blitzed and sliced up even thiugh she was on guard with a sword.

https://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/Chain_87_008.jpghttps://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/Chain_87_015.jpghttps://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/chain_88_006.jpghttps://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/chain_88_017.jpg

image1.png
image0.png
image2.png

They all still saw the attack, and like I keep saying Makima doesn't really dodge attacks as she has no reason to dodge.
image0.png

The sword isn't anything special so she's not really on guard even in the next chapters she pulls out more stuff that she could've just used form the start.

Last edited:
The top 3 scans you posted are all of them getting him by surprise as he was focused on something else.

The fact that Makima doesn't dodge doesn't prove she's reacting at the very best we can give her unknown speed or a likely rating.

Yet she is one of the top 4 characters in the verse and fought 2 of them also beating the one already considered to be at that speed. The Judgement Devil she summons was far enough that the Gun Devil should be able to move or kill it yet the Gun Devil lost the fight.

We literally don't know if that was the attack that took it down.

Makima barely needs speed since she has superior survivability to almost every character in the verse along with her other hax.

Unless Makima proves she's as fast as the Gun Devil I am not budging on this and we aren't changing each other's minds so I'm just gonna wait for more input before I try to say anything else.

Back