• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I'm curious about Chainsaw Man's regeneration, earlier he was able to regenerate his stomach, and even an entire body without blood. Maybe he has a limit to how much he can regenerate without the use of blood? Or the Aging Devil just turned up when he could have regenerated himself, after all, chainsaw man never dies and always comes back after being killed.
Maybe he's just nerfed.

Or maybe he got damaged too much, like he didn't get that much damage in the Makima fight

Maybe he's just nerfed.
...Pochita's as feared as things like Aging or Sickness, and literally just No-Sold a double fist-bump from Aging a couple chapters ago. He's AMPED.
Or maybe he got damaged too much, like he didn't get that much damage in the Makima fight
If Pochita takes too much damage, he can't heal without blood. This was shown when he did get nerfed, and then took Angel's 1,000 Year Spear.

...Pochita's as feared as things like Aging or Sickness, and literally just No-Sold a double fist-bump from Aging a couple chapters ago. He's AMPED.
Well, I mean he did kinda negged Makima though, he going around no diffing everyone is normal. Also aging probably didn't want to kill his/her love.
If Pochita takes too much damage, he can't heal without blood. This was shown when he did get nerfed, and then took Angel's 1,000 Year Spear.
Well again, he also didn't take much damage in the fight against Makima, on the other hand, he might have gotten quite some damage from Aging (the first attack)

the statue faces south-east
the sniper is facing the same way as the statue
japan is to the west
I just checked the panel and why is the One World Trade Center there? It's 1998, the Twin Tower's haven't been hit yet.

This is the second instance of future things being there when they haven't existed yet, the other being ChuChu Lovely MuniMuni MuraMura PrinPrin Boron Nururu ReroRero by Maximum the Hormone from the Karaoke chapter, which came out in 2007.

This is either intentional, or Fujimoto needs to check his reference images when drawing backgrounds.

I just checked the panel and why is the One World Trade Center there? It's 1998, the Twin Tower's haven't been hit yet.
Meta answer is that Fujimoto probably forgot and just drew from the modern reference. But it's CSM so Pochita can explain away things like that. Or the Gun Devil destroyed the towers when it first appeared.

Another inconsistency was in the Normal Life Arc, Denji's teacher has a modern laptop.

This is not even super lowballed anymore, this is extremely lowballed, leaving out every other factors but the bullet travelling.

Crazy...
I mean, the KE is by far the most impressive part, but I absolutely lowballed it into the ground. The bullet could easily be 100x as massive, I just assumed the smallest hole in the Liberty Rifle was the barrel width.

Considering that it one-tapped a Primal Fear level Pochita, a result in the high Megatons to low Gigatons wouldn't be a problem numerically speaking, although it's weird that Tokyo still exists given that AP, so results in the Gigatons probably wouldn't be accepted.

Also it's a Kinetic Energy feat, which makes it inherently bad to use.
Nuke Devil end up nerfing the verse by caping everyone at one megaton
Nuke's gonna be Chainsaw Man's "Mach 3"

Maybe he's just nerfed.

In the Makima fight he was able to regenerate from just a heart, and his regenerative properties were negated by Angel's Spear or by his depowerment.

He should have regeneration equivalent to a Primordial Devil (mid-high), however, we know his regeneration does take time to occur, so there's a chance that he was going to regenerate regardless of the Aging Devil's help. Maybe he's getting a re-design since he's about to eat a relatively strong Devil.

Considering that it one-tapped a Primal Fear level Pochita, a result in the high Megatons to low Gigatons wouldn't be a problem numerically speaking, although it's weird that Tokyo still exists given that AP, so results in the Gigatons probably wouldn't be accepted.
We don't know right now, but it could've done more damage after ripping through Pochita, Aging could've stopped it also. And destroying Tokyo takes more than High 7-C iirc.

"Bang"
Pochita:
0236-013.png
...Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 was actually released Sunday, September 24, 2023, meaning the reference was likely intentional on Fujimoto's behalf. (Especially considering shtick like Asa getting "stood up" by Denji on Valentine's Day, or the Nobara Fiend)

Fujimoto is sick mate he seriously drew a baby with the Up-For-Sacrifice kids
I just realized, this is literally a JJK Shibuya incident moment. Asa swapped back right after the shot.
Yeah idk what is with Fujimoto and killing anyone and everyone. And it'll be so random "Those born July-September are shot through the neck, aging from 1-9 years old" ??? "In order to use very big gun, Yoru must sacrifice 500,000 people's trigger fingers" ??? Like wtf but at least its not "ah yes I got stronger and can now use big attack because rage amp"

Imagine Naruto gaining KCM required him sacrificing 200,000 male fox's teeth. Ummm what??

Yeah idk what is with Fujimoto and killing anyone and everyone. And it'll be so random "Those born July-September are shot through the neck, aging from 1-9 years old" ??? "In order to use very big gun, Yoru must sacrifice 500,000 people's trigger fingers" ??? Like wtf but at least its not "ah yes I got stronger and can now use big attack because rage amp"

Imagine Naruto gaining KCM required him sacrificing 200,000 male fox's teeth. Ummm what??
Best power system in fiction.

Back