• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Kay

The new calc for Quanxi's feat.

Makima also scales until the Fear Scaling CRT since she blitzed her.
The speed calc is unusable for reasons mentioned on this thread

We really should get this thread accepted before we go making anymore speed changes

Luckily I made a new calc that would scale to all the hybrids

Also the new chapter has a decent speed feat for Quanxi that seems like it could get Supersonic+

I can adjust it to have it be only the puppets killed on the street level that were blitzed, shouldn’t be an issue since they die several seconds after being cut and no one perceived her until she stopped.

First concern isn’t an issue (?) because that isn’t how I based my timeframe

Should still be higher than Denji’s calc.

I can adjust it to have it be only the puppets killed on the street level that were blitzed, shouldn’t be an issue since they die several seconds after being cut and no one perceived her until she stopped.
There is quite literally no proof that she did all that under the timeframe of normal human reactions

Just because she initially blitzed the Devil Hunters does not mean that timeframe applies to the whole distance she traveled

There is quite literally no proof that she did all that under the timeframe of normal human reactions

Just because she initially blitzed the Devil Hunters does not mean that timeframe applies to the whole distance she traveled
She blitzed all of the dolls? At the very least the ones outside in the street lol. How did she not blitz the human dolls?

And if you wanna deny that much then we shouldn’t apply the logic that the dolls head took several moments to fall apart and I could use the timeframe of a head moving slightly off the neck due to gravity.

It's crazy how instant the fear created by Kiga and Barem was applied to Asa/Yoru.

One moment, Yoshida was able to easily sever her arm before she could use her powers. The next moment, he could barely scratch her skin, and she was so fast that neither Yoshida nor Yoru initially could keep up.

What on earth is gonna happen when Denji finally pulls his cord again...

It's crazy how instant the fear created by Kiga and Barem was applied to Asa/Yoru.

One moment, Yoshida was able to easily sever her arm before she could use her powers. The next moment, he could barely scratch her skin, and she was so fast that neither Yoshida nor Yoru initially could keep up.

What on earth is gonna happen when Denji finally pulls his cord again...

Bro gonna have more control over Pochita's power?

He might be able to go into the partial Chainsaw Devil mode now ( Graveyard Pochita's form with the forearm bracer things )

Idk why anyone would scale to the Typhoon Devil in that way since CSM doesn't have a UES, so uh me no thinks so
I mean, if we consider their physical stats to be on par with their typhoon, since that's their whole gimick. I don't see why not.
Typhoon was absolutely terrified of Reze, and Denji killed Typhoon Devil as well.

Also, there is the whole idea that the more feared a devil is, the more powerful they are. Which I honestly would argue does help the idea of at least the primal fear devil's scaling above Typhoon devil.

This wouldn't really scale to anyone accept Makima's attack speed if even that since this is the speed she launches Pochita into space, not the actual speed of her blast
Oh alright, In the mean time we can just use angels calc as it should still be accurate. Is it possible to get the makima attack speed calc checked for use?

Sounds good, Is there any replacement calc for quanxi in the meantime? Ive seen some attack speed calcs for makima giving her high end and low end MHS+
Her attack speed could likely be much higher, and I'm hoping Fear Scaling will allow Makima's combat/reaction speed to scale to Gun Devil's speed.

This wouldn't really scale to anyone accept Makima's attack speed if even that since this is the speed she launches Pochita into space, not the actual speed of her blast
I think that particular calc is for the speed it took Makima's shot to hit Pochita, so it would be calcing the speed of her Bang.

Her attack speed could likely be much higher, and I'm hoping Fear Scaling will allow Makima's combat/reaction speed to scale to Gun Devil's speed.
Idk how well that's gonna end up. Fear scaling as a whole, if it does get accepted, would require a lot of assumptions, especially when scaling things as abstract as the fear of control
I think that particular calc is for the speed it took Makima's shot to hit Pochita, so it would be calcing the speed of her Bang.
Looking through it you are right it is. Still it would only scale to Makima

Idk how well that's gonna end up. Fear scaling as a whole, if it does get accepted, would require a lot of assumptions, especially when scaling things as abstract as the fear of control
Chainsaw Man has always been a series that avoids explaining abilities in detail in order to maintain the atmsosphere that these are otherworldly monsters beyond comprehension.

It'd lead to a lot of likelies and possiblies, though Makima does have the support of Clinton saying "Fearing and strengthening Makima is nothing less than the history of humanity."

I don’t think it’s a good idea to do fear scaling. It would require many assumptions and steps in logic that could easily be undone by future chapters. We also don’t know whether fear empowerment varies for the different kinds of devils. Like whether the Four Horsemen and Pochita would receive a higher boost from the concept they embody being feared more compared to lesser devils.

There’s also the issue of quantity vs quality, whether how much a person fears a devil matters more than how many people fear a devil. From what’s been shown so far, it seems to be the latter, but the fact that Kishibe says fearless devil hunters are best means that fear from a single individual towards a devil can drastically change the tide of a battle.

It’s a mess that we probably shouldn’t bother touching.

Last edited:
I actually think Fear Scaling is both quite simple and far, far more accurate than what's currently done. If a Devil is more feared, it should be assumed that their stats eclipse the stats of less-feared Devils.

There’s also the issue of quantity vs quality, whether how much a person fears a devil matters more than how many people fear a devil.
There is no quality, only quantity. Fearing a Devil more increases the quantity of fear. More people fearing a Devil increases the quantity of fear.

It's a challenge I'm very eager to take on, personally.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to do fear scaling. It would require many assumptions and steps in logic that could easily be undone by future chapters. We also don’t know whether fear empowerment varies for the different kinds of devils. Like whether the Four Horsemen and Pochita would receive a higher boost from the concept they embody being feared more compared to lesser devils.

There’s also the issue of quantity vs quality, whether how much a person fears a devil matters more than how many people fear a devil. From what’s been shown so far, it seems to be the latter, but the fact that Kishibe says fearless devil hunters are best means that fear from a single individual towards a devil can drastically change the tide of a battle.

It’s a mess that we probably shouldn’t bother touching.
Fear scaling is simple, Devils were only stated to be more powerful via being feared. For example, Pochita in his weakened form is no stronger than a regular chainsaw and the chicken devil is no stronger than a regular chicken, as nobody fears the chicken devil, "Varies" is the safest option to go here as devils do indeed get stronger or weaker via the context of the situation.

So I believe the "varies" AP point, should be on all devil and hybrid profiles.

Fear scaling is simple, Devils were only stated to be more powerful via being feared. For example, Pochita in his weakened form is no stronger than a regular chainsaw
Do we really know that for sure? That’s where I feel kind of iffy. Are we positive that Pochita being drastically weakened to a level comparable to Denji was solely because of humanity’s new love for Chainsaw Man? Or did he merely assume that weakened form as part of the plan to fool Makima? Because both Denji and Pochita already knew about Makima’s contract that allowed her to transfer damage, so they had to get Makima to let her guard down without having to kill her so many times that all the populace of Japan would be killed. I also thought that splitting with Denji weakened him, though I could be wrong about that.

That’s assuming that you’re referring to Pochita when he impersonated Denji and not when he was in his small dog form.
and the chicken devil is no stronger than a regular chicken, as nobody fears the chicken devil, "Varies" is the safest option to go here as devils do indeed get stronger or weaker via the context of the situation.

So I believe the "varies" AP point, should be on all devil and hybrid profiles.
But then this also assumes that devils by themselves can’t get stronger in their own by training. I made this point before, and people argued that devils could indeed get stronger on their own without relying on the fear of others.

Do we really know that for sure? That’s where I feel kind of iffy. Are we positive that Pochita being drastically weakened to a level comparable to Denji was solely because of humanity’s new love for Chainsaw Man? Or did he merely assume that weakened form as part of the plan to fool Makima? Because both Denji and Pochita already knew about Makima’s contract that allowed her to transfer damage, so they had to get Makima to let her guard down without having to kill her so many times that all the populace of Japan would be killed. I also thought that splitting with Denji weakened him, though I could be wrong about that.

That’s assuming that you’re referring to Pochita when he impersonated Denji and not when he was in his small dog form.

But then this also assumes that devils by themselves can’t get stronger in their own by training. I made this point before, and people argued that devils could indeed get stronger on their own without relying on the fear of others.
Fair
It really depends on context, Devils can get stronger via training if they have a stable AP, While characters like "Bucky" the chicken devil are completely weak and cannot get stronger without the AMP of fear. Due to having low AP

Time for an Upgrade for this verse.

Do we really know that for sure? That’s where I feel kind of iffy. Are we positive that Pochita being drastically weakened to a level comparable to Denji was solely because of humanity’s new love for Chainsaw Man?
Yes, he was way weaker because humanity ate up the fear Devils have for him. Makima says "You're looking quite feeble now, aren't you?", and in response to Barem saying he's considerably weaker than before Makima says "The whole world has accepted Chainsaw Man. They're even turning him into a merchandised character for consumption now. There's no need to fear him anymore."

There's also no reason to think Weakened Pochita and Devil-form Denji are closely comparable. Pochita outsped and one-shot every single Hybrid Devil present, even Bow Devil Quanxi whom is too fast for Denji to react to.

I don't think they can increase their stats very much if at all by training, but they can get stronger by improving their skill and application of their powers. Fear clearly holds massive sway over Devil stats to the point that ignoring it feels impossible.

Time for an Upgrade for this verse.
Ironically, this would actually solve some of the scaling problems, and it would make more sense how some of the hybrids are able to lightly damage Pochita in his true form if he’s Low 7-C. Like the Spear Hybrid was able to pierce Pochita’s body while he was off-guard.

Though more than likely, another feat is going to appear in the future that will force us to create a new scaling chain.

Back