• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Or maybe the spear just scales to itself and not to Spear Man. Spear Man would just have higher ap with the spear
I actually wanted to make a CRT about this at some point. The weapons the hybrids use are far above their base stats (both AP and Dura)

Ironically, this would actually solve some of the scaling problems, and it would make more sense how some of the hybrids are able to lightly damage Pochita in his true form if he’s Low 7-C. Like the Spear Hybrid was able to pierce Pochita’s body while he was off-guard.

Though more than likely, another feat is going to appear in the future that will force us to create a new scaling chain.
Wait till you see what I'm cooking for the Gun Devil

About to get us some 7-B Gun Devil scaling 👀
FsC3qP3agAAzMXk.jpg

I'mma go do a rework on Aki's profile, it's quite lackluster right now and it doesn't mention some important stuff (like aki only receiving Future Devil's ability after losing the Fox Devil), and also lack of references and attacks/techniques part to further explain what he can do

How could Fujimoto do this to us?

He took away Aki and Power. Now he's taken away the last remnants of his past life: the apartment Aki left him and most of all, Meowy.

"Denji, this is a Contract. I'll become your heart, so in exchange... show me your dreams."

Denji's contract with Pochita was never to let him live a normal life, Makima was wrong. Pochita always simply wanted to see his dreams. Plural.

Denji attempts to be happy with his normal life, yet he clearly isn't satisfied. So his literal heart has to ask him what his new dream is, and he answers it's to be Chainsaw Man, right as this dream is "granted" right before his eyes.

Being a hero, and living a normal life, are mutually exclusive. Barem & Kiga have succeeded in their goal. Denji is about to pull his cord for the first time since the attack on the school, after resolving with Pochita what his new dream is.

Things are about to go mental.

"Denji, this is a Contract. I'll become your heart, so in exchange... show me your dreams."

Denji's contract with Pochita was never to let him live a normal life, Makima was wrong. Pochita always simply wanted to see his dreams. Plural.

Denji attempts to be happy with his normal life, yet he clearly isn't satisfied. So his literal heart has to ask him what his new dream is, and he answers it's to be Chainsaw Man, right as this dream is "granted" right before his eyes.

Being a hero, and living a normal life, are mutually exclusive. Barem & Kiga have succeeded in their goal. Denji is about to pull his cord for the first time since the attack on the school, after resolving with Pochita what his new dream is.

Things are about to go mental.
Damn, this is a very astute observation. That really makes me think about the nature of their contract now. So if Denji ever does not have a dream or if he's completed one of his dreams, would that mean that the contract is nullified and Pochita regains control if Denji doesn't find a new dream? It makes a man wonder.

Makima would not have done this
I think the correct way to phrase it would be that Makima wouldn't have done it LIKE this. She would've tried to manipulate the situation so that Denji accidentally killed the pets through a battle with a devil, or had a devil take control of the pets and force Denji to kill them, or have Power witness Denji kill Meowy and have her hate Denji. She wouldn't just outright kill Meowy to provoke Denji's anger.

Damn, this is a very astute observation. That really makes me think about the nature of their contract now. So if Denji ever does not have a dream or if he's completed one of his dreams, would that mean that the contract is nullified and Pochita regains control if Denji doesn't find a new dream? It makes a man wonder.
As seen in Death, Resurrection, Chainsaw, if Denji gives up on living (ergo, no more dreams), then control of their Hybrid body is passed to Pochita, who will attempt to bring back Denji's will to live by doing things Denji dreamed of, like eating a good burger or dating a girl.

International assassins is probably my favorite arc so far. Wonder if it will get a movie or just be start of S2
I'm guessing it will prolly be s2, as I don't see two movies for CSM happening. But I actually thought the international assasins arc was going to be selected as the movie but the reze arc as the movie makes more sense now that I think about it

Back