• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I think a movie is fine for the Reze arc. It was never really that long in the first place and is rather action-oriented, meaning there won't be as much screentime taken up with dialogue. It'd make more sense for Chainsaw Man Season 2 to cover everything from the International Assassins arc to the end of Part 1, then season 3 would begin part 2. Then, I think a good place for season 3 to end would be when Nayuta reveals Fami’s plan to stop Death Devil and the apocalypse that will take place in six months. That's how I see the anime proceeding.

Last edited:
I don't think we give resistance to radiation just for being on outer space anymore
Especially when it was like 5 seconds if that and the character in question has cracked regen.
I think a possibly is warranted tho since Pochita did defeat and devour the Nuclear Weapons Devil

I think a possibly is warranted tho since Pochita did defeat and devour the Nuclear Weapons Devil
Yea this is a better justification.

Also since you brought it up, i've completely removed the whole "defeated the nuclear weapons devil" justification since that guy is featless and there's no reason for it to scale to actual nukes without evidance

Working on separating Dennis's and Pocheeto's profiles. I'm gonna add the rest of the scans tommorow and i'll make th CRT for the split
This is honestly the best way to go, I wasn't a fan of denji and pochita sharing a profile since they are two different people

I also think you should add pochitas weakened state for clarity on all his versions

I'll take out Fujimoto with my own two hands istg.

The Weapon Humans have gathered, Denji's normal life is over. Nayuta's Conquest was overwhelmed by Barem's intense emotions (consistent with Angel & Power vs Makima). Fumiko is there ig. Denji hears everyone justify his misery, and he sees Pochita wave in the burning remains of his last connections to Aki (the apartment), Power (Nyako), and Makima (the dogs). Denji has transformed for the first time in 6 months irl.

This doesn't feel triumphant, it feels like the villains are winning. Denji can't do anything but laugh while Nayuta worries, and a cross burns in front of them. Denji is having his happiness sacrificed to "save humanity", very Jesus-y with the burning cross imagery.

Next chapter will either see Denji slaughter the Weapon Humans or another twist will hit us... in 21 days. Glad Fujimoto is taking a nice Christmas break.

Working on separating Dennis's and Pocheeto's profiles. I'm gonna add the rest of the scans tommorow and i'll make th CRT for the split
The vore can be named smthn like "Name Consumption" or "Concept Consumption".

Also I think Pochita should definitely scale above the Gun Devil's speed. Nothing actually suggests the Gun Devil is weirdly fast for a Devil of it's calibre.

Goddamn, Denji's really being taken for a ride by these assholes. Sugo's trying to act like he's been behaving as Denji's friend, that everything he's done so far is for his and the world's sake, and even the Whip Hybrid can see how many mental hurdles this guy has to go through to justify himself. Sugo's REALLY gonna have to do something incredible or self-sacrificial if he's still got any hope of being Denji's guy friend.

But Denji really feels like he's being thrown into the depths of despair and insanity. He tries to imagine himself as fulfilling his new dream by transforming into Chainsaw Man, even visualizing Pochita giving him a wave of approval. But it really just feels like he's playing into the hands of Barem's group. Even Nayuta herself is unnerved by his behavior. Before, she wanted to see him fight as Chainsaw Man, but as he pulls his chord and the chainsaws are retracted, Nayuta is unnerved by his laughter. And she should be. Denji really feels like he's edging closer to the point of no return.

Though I was convinced that Denji's visions of Pochita have been real, these past two instances, I've become a bit more hesitant. It feels as though these past two moments have been more along the lines of Denji imagining Pochita to try and convince himself he needs to transform into Chainsaw Man, that becoming this persona is the right thing to do. All without considering the ramifications of his actions or how the actions of the Chainsaw Man Church could affect his powers. I just don't know if Pochita would go about enabling him in such a delicate situation. I could be wrong, though, and maybe Pochita just doesn't have enough emotional intelligence to consider what is best for Denji right now.

On another note, I feel like this chapter helps reaffirm a weakness that should be added to Makima's profile. Individuals with strong loyalty towards others are capable of resisting Makima's control. Power was able to resist Makima's control because of her intense loyalty towards Denji, and now Barem is able to resist Nayuta's control because of her intense loyalty towards Makima. Though Barem suggests it could be because Nayuta just can't take control of anyone who'd previously been controlled by Nayuta, the previous instance with Power gives more credence to the idea of personal loyalty being a factor in one's ability to resist the powers of the Control Devil. It really makes Makima seem less unstoppable as the versus fandom has made her out to be. Do you guys agree?

Last edited:
I'll take out Fujimoto with my own two hands istg.

The Weapon Humans have gathered, Denji's normal life is over. Nayuta's Conquest was overwhelmed by Barem's intense emotions (consistent with Angel & Power vs Makima). Fumiko is there ig. Denji hears everyone justify his misery, and he sees Pochita wave in the burning remains of his last connections to Aki (the apartment), Power (Nyako), and Makima (the dogs). Denji has transformed for the first time in 6 months irl.

This doesn't feel triumphant, it feels like the villains are winning. Denji can't do anything but laugh while Nayuta worries, and a cross burns in front of them. Denji is having his happiness sacrificed to "save humanity", very Jesus-y with the burning cross imagery.

Next chapter will either see Denji slaughter the Weapon Humans or another twist will hit us... in 21 days. Glad Fujimoto is taking a nice Christmas break.
Has it really been six months since Denji last transformed? I thought it was like a month or two at most.

I found a speed calc for Pochita that scales above the gun devils current speed
If it gets accepted this could support the fact that pochita is faster than the gun devil

I also still don't get why the darkness devil isn't faster than the gun devil despite being transcendent to him

Tbh it does represent fear of guns which do their thing by being really fast
It'd still ultimately be headcanon, given there's no statement that the Gun Devil is abnormally fast for such a strong Devil, and the Gun Fiend wasn't any faster than Transformed Denji.

On another note, I feel like this chapter helps reaffirm a weakness that should be added to Makima's profile. Individuals with strong loyalty towards others are capable of resisting Makima's control. Power was able to resist Makima's control because of her intense loyalty towards Denji, and now Barem is able to resist Nayuta's control because of her intense loyalty towards Makima. Though Barem suggests it could be because Nayuta just can't take control of anyone who'd previously been controlled by Nayuta, the previous instance with Power gives more credence to the idea of personal loyalty being a factor in one's ability to resist the powers of the Control Devil. It really makes Makima seem less unstoppable as the versus fandom has made her out to be. Do you guys agree?

I think it's the weakness we already know about; extreme emotion. Barem is finally revealing his vitriolic hatred towards Denji for killing Makima, allowing him to ignore Nayuta's powers. Just like how Angel regained his memories when he saw his boyfriend experience what Angel experienced himself, or when Power protected Denji out of love for her first friend.

My only sadness is Denji not getting the armored arms as he levels up.
How do we know he won't? Maybe as he fights, he'll experience the effects of the increased fear of chainsaws and cause his body to undergo further transformation. That, combined with his growing mental instability after seeing his home and pets burned alive, will probably allow us to witness something simultaneously badass and heartbreaking.

I wanted to bring this up because I haven't seen anyone discuss it
In this chapter we see Denji is able to regenerate with the power of "light" this light being fire

Later we see Pochita rip out his heart and throw it to regenerate a full body, the reason why I think he was able to regenerate this efficiently is by the power of "light" it being fire in this scenario or the heat of burning through the atmosphere.

Although later the clone left in space, regenerates a heart and returns to combat makima

I think this would mean Denji or Pochita only have High-mid Regeneration with the power of "light" which in this case which seems to be heat or fire

And since he can regenerate his heart (although he most likely only regenerated it through falling through the atmosphere) would give you Mid regeneration?

In this chapter we see Denji is able to regenerate with the power of "light" this light being fire

Later we see Pochita rip out his heart and throw it to regenerate a full body, the reason why I think he was able to regenerate this efficiently is by the power of "light" it being fire in this scenario or the heat of burning through the atmosphere.

Although later the clone left in space, regenerates a heart and returns to combat makima

I think this would mean Denji or Pochita only have High-mid Regeneration with the power of "light" which in this case which seems to be heat or fire

And since he can regenerate his heart (although he most likely only regenerated it through falling through the atmosphere) would give you Mid regeneration?
This is a misunderstanding of what's going on.

First, Denji is not using The Power of Light. The Power of Light is not an actual thing. He's just lighting himself on fire to counter Santa's defensive abilities that activate in the darkness. He is simply burning and regenerating.

Pochita regenerating from just his heart is a High-Mid feat. Burning up in the atmosphere had nothing to do with this.

I can't stress this part enough― the Pochita clone in the Cemetary was made by Denji. He pulled Pochita out of his chest, survived without his own heart by using Power's blood, and had Pochita regenerate his own body around his heart. The Pochita corpse is just a corpse floating in space, dead forever.

Huh

You answered it yourself he was weakened plus hybrid/devil regeneration is tied with blood, we have seen hybrids regenerate from decapitation just fine which is worse than this
We even see his clone unable to regenerate after makima tore his heart out
Blood he needs blood for his regen or needs to pull his cord, also the whole plan was to catch Makima off guard so regenerating here is actually working against that

Stop making abilities or weakness that aren't their
This is a misunderstanding of what's going on.

First, Denji is not using The Power of Light. The Power of Light is not an actual thing. He's just lighting himself on fire to counter Santa's defensive abilities that activate in the darkness. He is simply burning and regenerating.

Pochita regenerating from just his heart is a High-Mid feat. Burning up in the atmosphere had nothing to do with this.

I can't stress this part enough― the Pochita clone in the Cemetary was made by Denji. He pulled Pochita out of his chest, survived without his own heart by using Power's blood, and had Pochita regenerate his own body around his heart. The Pochita corpse is just a corpse floating in space, dead forever.
0096-007.png

Do you think this panel might imply a high mid regen for Denji too or maybe a possibly high mid

You answered it yourself he was weakened plus hybrid/devil regeneration is tied with blood, we have seen hybrids regenerate from decapitation just fine which is worse than this
so your saying he can pull the cord of the heart (the heart he tore out to make a clone pochita) and It will regenerate a new body?

This is what I'm mainly confused about

so your saying he can pull the cord of the heart (the heart he tore out to make a clone pochita) and It will regenerate a new body?

This is what I'm mainly confused about
The heart aka pochita is the source of, all of his powers, Denji removed his heart and pochita regenerated a body around it with power's blood on his own, the plan was to catch Makima off guard so Denji can deal the finishing blow, Pochita's whole role was to be a distraction.
the cord pull resurrects him so by extension some level of regeneration is involved

Back