• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Page one of CSM 180
March 28th, 1999: 21.06 million people worldwide, all born in the month of september, vanish without a trace, leaving their empty clothes where they stood.
Ability activation confirmed:
Old Age's ability to make all babies born on a leap year turn inside out
Ability to cause all dust to turn into asbestos
Ability to make anyone married for more than 2 decades die of a heart attack instantly

and other esoteric abilities like those

What do you guys think will happen in 180?
We'll probably see Aging and Yoru going at it, Aging is prob gonna stomp but we’ll see. Also, I think we’re gonna get the pay off for Pochita asking for blood which might be the Blood Devil returning but there’s also the chance someone else comes to give him blood.

Some have noted that Yoru's hair is getting  really long in these recent panels. Like, her hair is just Asa's untied, but it reaches to her waist in some of this chapter's shots.

Makes me wonder how literal Aging's last words were.

Some have noted that Yoru's hair is getting  really long in these recent panels. Like, her hair is just Asa's untied, but it reaches to her waist in some of this chapter's shots.

Makes me wonder how literal Aging's last words were.
I think it means that it aging is older than Chainsaws and War, makes sense

0179-004.png

They're aging Pochita here or is he just breaking apart from damage? Also is War devil the youngest horsemen?

It was just Pochita breaking apart, he didn't fully regen. Ann yeah, Yoru/War Devil is implied to be the youngest of the bunch
Actually, I think their ages are in order of their appearances in the Bible, so Conquest is youngest, then War, then Famine, and Death is the eldest sister. Albeit, all that's confirmed is Famine is older than War, and Death is the oldest.

0179-004.png

They're aging Pochita here or is he just breaking apart from damage? Also is War devil the youngest horsemen?
Wasn't Quanxi like a Devil Hunter for a really long time with 0 signs of aging? And Hybrids Verbatim stated to be immortal? (Conceptual aging confirmed?!?!?)
Also, can we add Pochita's little blood flag as optional equipment? It will be funny.

Durability is just impossible to scale in this manga.
Wasn't Quanxi like a Devil Hunter for a really long time with 0 signs of aging? And Hybrids Verbatim stated to be immortal? (Conceptual aging confirmed?!?!?)
Also, can we add Pochita's little blood flag as optional equipment? It will be funny.
Pochita's chainsaws? 90% destroyed.
The sign? 90% intact.
Conclusion: The Give Blood sign is Pochita's best defensive equipment.

It's plausible that Aging statued the bullet as everything around him was frozen in place, even Yoru. But it's also plausible that time manipulation was utilized, but would he still scale to the bullet for reacting to it? I guess we can only find out via his fighting style in the upcoming chapters.

I can smell Aging Devil vs Shigaraki match ups from a mile away.

"If the feat is really 7-A, then why are only a few city blocks leveled?"

"Pochita took most of the energy."

"And Pochita has 7-A durability because?"

"Because the feat is 7-A."

[Chainsaw Man CRT: Death by Sushi Aftermath Upgrades has been locked]
Friction, son!
It reduces forces upon physical trauma!

It's plausible that Aging statued the bullet as everything around him was frozen in place, even Yoru. But it's also plausible that time manipulation was utilized, but would he still scale to the bullet for reacting to it? I guess we can only find out via his fighting style in the upcoming chapters.
Gotta be time slowed. Just my view but it looks like Yoru has been frozen or caught in slowed time while Aging is talking, the finger also loses its actions lines like it got stopped.

I can smell Aging Devil vs Shigaraki match ups from a mile away.
Shig either stomps in ap or Aging stomps in hax.

I wonder why we don't use friction to calculate the low-end for the bullet? I mean we have the height at which it's flying (not too high from the surface of the ocean), and the size of the bullet after all. Or is Friction too iffy to use? I mean yeah, Friction would make the feat ramp up to island level.

My money is on Aging, if it has time hax that is. Shigaraki aged to death.
I wonder why we don't use friction to calculate the low-end for the bullet? I mean we have the height at which it's flying (not too high from the surface of the ocean), and the size of the bullet after all. Or is Friction too iffy to use? I mean yeah, Friction would make the feat ramp up to island level.
Consolidate. Your. Messages. Please.

And do you mean watts to overcome drag? It's because if authors rarely think about KE joules, they definitely don't think about air resistance.

99.9999% of the time, comics are like highschool physics problems, where air resistance doesn't exist.

Real ones know that JJK caps at 6-C (Gojo's earthquake), Relativistic speed (EMW scaling) and Class P (Kenjaku vs Black Hole)
Kenjaku's case is quite special and I don't think it'll be useful against anything other than gravity hax users.

And it's funny how the whole JJK verse is trying so hard to reach country level via some inconsistent wacky calc
No, Chainsaw Man and Fraudjutsu Kaisen are NOT allowed to be 7-A
Fraudulent Kaisen who has never left Japan and cap at Mach 3 is indeed wall level, but Chainsaw Goat who fired a bullet from the other side of the earth and obliterates a town is allowed to be 7-A

Yeah... love Gege but that earthquake Gojo does, we should've seen like a max Red come out the ocean blasting a large amount of water into the air to show us what caused it. Dude left it so vague "Gojo kinda just idk".

Both are High 3-A
Fraudkaisen had to rely on some wacky stuff like "oh Gojo's domain is the universe, H3-A!
While CSM just casually reach that with cosmos devil and Pochiter
Gojo is just him bro. He made that earthquake because his presence made earth go horny
You know who else is horny?

Anyways, who cares about Potential Kaisen anymore? I had to drop right at the last chapter cause everything was so ass, Gojo was the Potential Accelerator and Sukuna was Kurama all along.

Last edited:
Perfect Sphere scaling vs Hell scaling.....
I literally forgor about Perfect Sphere... Ain't that just hax instead? Also did the perfect sphere actually works? I can't seem to actually comprehend how that could even destroy anything when it's just a ball, I mean you don't get hurt even with the smoothest ball in the world right?

Back