• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell fights a tree (Cell VS Whispy Woods)

Cell was destroying the many trees in the forest until Whispy Woods discovered what Cell is doing and became mad at the destruction of what he caused and attempts to shoo him off. Cell however, refuses and attacks Whispy in retaliation.

Cell is in his Super Perfect Cell Form
Whispy Woods starts out in his base form with access to his EX Form and High Sky Form. Clanky Woods however, is not used.
Speed not equalized
Battle starts in a forest
SBA is applied

Cell:
Whispy Woods:
Inconclusive:

Cell has regenerated from a tiny piece of his body.
I think the point of mentioning immense wind would be to BFR. But I'm unsure Whispy has strong enough wind to do so.
Dependin on what type of Whispy Woods this is, it either stomps or gets stomped.
This thread's opening post, at the time of my typing this post, states that:

"Cell is in his Super Perfect Cell Form
Whispy Woods starts out in his base form with access to his EX Form and High Sky Form. Clanky Woods however, is not used.
Speed not equalized"

Given the unequalized Speed:
Speed: Varies from FTL (Superior to Knuckle Joe who can move at these speeds) to Massively FTL+ | Massively FTL+
Speed:
At least FTL+ (Superior to Frieza and capable of keeping up with Android 16) | At least FTL+ | At least FTL+ (Can casually keep up with Goku at his full power) | At least FTL+

Exactly what are their AP, Durability, Striking Strength & Speed values?

BFR's useless since Cell learned Instant Transmission after Goku teleported the both of them to save Earth from the suicide attack.

BFR's useless since Cell learned Instant Transmission after Goku teleported the both of them to save Earth from the suicide attack.
cell would just faced him head on until he found out his opponent to strong for him and use destruction disk as he did to gohan and also instant transmission need to sense someone to teleport

I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is that I don't think Whispy has any actual win conditions here.

cell ap solar system level speed ftl
whisky multi solar system speed mftl
if you watch cell vs gohan you see how cell fight and what he does when he going to lose
destruction disk ignore durability
instant transmission only works when you can sense someone then you can teleport there

Ok, let me get this straight.

A.) While Whispy is far more powerful, he has no average means to completely destroy Cell (aside from explosion manipulation) due to that regeneration.
B.) Instant Transmission should probably work if Cell was blown away, because Cell teleported from the remains of King Kai's planet to Earth, which is really damn far away from Earth due to how DBZ universes. Also, Whispy is a tree and could likely be sensed by Cell.
C.) Cell has Zenkai boost due to his Sayin DNA, which lets him grow even stronger if he almost dies.
D.) Cell knows Destructo Disk, which supposedly ignores durability and could let him take down Whispy in a single blow.

I can think of this going 2 possible ways:
  • Whispy completely destroys Cell's body early on into the fight with a single rocket.
  • Cell gets his ass handed to him multiple times by getting hit with Gordos or apples getting thrown at him at MFTL speeds, until he regenerates and grows more powerful, or just gets mad and throws a Destructo disk at the tree.
Either way, it's a really big stomp.

cell ap solar system level speed ftl
whisky multi solar system speed mftl
if you watch cell vs gohan you see how cell fight and what he does when he going to lose
destruction disk ignore durability
instant transmission only works when you can sense someone then you can teleport there
In the anime, didn't Cell block a Destructo Disc with his neck, in fact blatantly exposing his neck to allow it to hit, thus implying sufficient durability CAN block the Destructo Disc?

Also, what exact speed & AP Values are they at. How many times faster is Whispy?
& also, isn't high enough AP sufficient to destroy beyond possibility of Regeneration?

Maximum Solar System Level (Cell's tier.) is roughly ~881.86 billion times higher than Baseline Solar System Level.
& Maximum Multi Solar System Level is roughly ~198.37 million times higher than Baseline Multi Solar System Level.

Hence: What are their exact AP values? Because I doubt Cell's maximum SSL, & if they were, both, say at the average value for their tiers, then, if I'm doing my math right....
Cell would be: 1,004,000,000,001,138,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( 1 octodecillion 4 septendecillion 1 quattuordecillion 138 tredecillion 500 duodecillion ) joules.
& Whispy would be: 526,500,001,004,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( 526 vigintillion 500 novemdecillion 1 octodecillion 4 septendecillion ) joules.

Meaning if I'm calculating right, & they were at the average AP values for their Tiers, Whispy would be roughly 524,402,391.43765235844357393704 (Over 524.4 million!) times stronger than Cell.

So pardon me, especially if their exact AP values that I don't know differ... but would a difference somewhere around that be NOT sufficient to overcome Regeneration?
& even if Whispy CAN'T overcome Regeneration, not only would he be faster, but having higher Durability means couldn't Cell end up exhausting himself Regenerating from repeatedly getting blown to bits/futilely trying to harm this dang tree?

Bruh it depends since whispy woods varies either cell stomps or he gets stomped
(This is maybe irrelevant to this But A side Note Cell's current speed evaluation is outdated & we will likely soon Upgrade it cause the calc is outdated as well as this was discussed before I guess no did a crt though but it will happen likely soon)

Bruh it depends since whispy woods varies either cell stomps or he gets stomped
(This is maybe irrelevant to this But A side Note Cell's current speed evaluation is outdated & we will likely soon Upgrade it cause the calc is outdated as well as this was discussed before I guess no did a crt though but it will happen likely soon)
Yeah, seems like. (Unless we count making Cell exhaust his stamina via Regeneration a win condition AND their AP/Durability is close enough.)

Yeah, seems like. (Unless we count making Cell exhaust his stamina via Regeneration a win condition AND their AP/Durability is close enough.)

destruction disk did work on freiza nappa vegeta and when kirllin hit cell wasn't that a filter and if not then probably retconned and I don't see any wincon for cell

does whisky have a way to bypass cell regeneration

destruction disk did work on freiza nappa vegeta and when kirllin hit cell wasn't that a filter and if not then probably retconned and I don't see any wincon for cell

does whisky have a way to bypass cell regeneration
In theory, Cell could get stronger through Zenkai Boosts, which occur if one recovers from near death. But that requires that Whispy's AP isn't sufficiently higher enough to defeat Cell in spite of his regeneration.

There's also the matter of Cell's Stamina possibly being spent on repeated regenerations if Cell CAN regen from it, as well as Whispy being faster. By how much, I'm regrettably unsure.

Isn't SSJ3 only like, 400 times stronger than SSJ2, officially? Super Perfect Cell was destroyed beyond his ability to regenerate by SSJ2 Gohan with the Father-Son Kamehameha that Goku helped with.
So apologies for using argument from incredulity, but considering how crazy a power boost SSJ3 is, I'd be surprised if the Father-Son Kamehameha is a bigger multiplier than hundreds of times greater; Gohan & Cell were fighting somewhat evenly prior, so while it probably was a boost, the fact that a crazier power up doesn't even reach a triple digits multiplier makes me assume that you certainly don't need to be greater than that to overcome Cell's Regeneration.
Hence the relevance of the exact difference between Cell & Whispy's statistics.

In theory, Cell could get stronger through Zenkai Boosts, which occur if one recovers from near death. But that requires that Whispy's AP isn't sufficiently higher enough to defeat Cell in spite of his regeneration.

There's also the matter of Cell's Stamina possibly being spent on repeated regenerations if Cell CAN regen from it, as well as Whispy being faster. By how much, I'm regrettably unsure.

Isn't SSJ3 only like, 400 times stronger than SSJ2, officially? Super Perfect Cell was destroyed beyond his ability to regenerate by SSJ2 Gohan with the Father-Son Kamehameha that Goku helped with.
So apologies for using argument from incredulity, but considering how crazy a power boost SSJ3 is, I'd be surprised if the Father-Son Kamehameha is a bigger multiplier than hundreds of times greater; Gohan & Cell were fighting somewhat evenly prior, so while it probably was a boost, the fact that a crazier power up doesn't even reach a triple digits multiplier makes me assume that you certainly don't need to be greater than that to overcome Cell's Regeneration.
Hence the relevance of the exact difference between Cell & Whispy's statistics.

yes cell can get stronger by zenkai boost but would it be able to make him match whisky ap and as we seen in db increasing your ap would increase you speed

says if whisky blow away cell body and whisky let his guard down would whisky durability stll be multi solar sytem level because as we seems in many anime letting your guard down can decrease your durability or does that not apply here

also that 400x multipler is for base ssj3 is 4x stronger then ssj2 it like this ssj 50x then ssj2 2x so 100x together ssj3 4x so 400x if we compare it to base stats and that father son kamehameha obliterated cell and his regeneration and whisky need to show if he can destroy regeneration on that caliber

yes cell can get stronger by zenkai boost but would it be able to make him match whisky ap and as we seen in db increasing your ap would increase you speed
All the more reason I wish I knew what exact statistical values within their tiers these two are.
says if whisky blow away cell body and whisky let his guard down would whisky durability stll be multi solar sytem level because as we seems in many anime letting your guard down can decrease your durability or does that not apply here
I'm unsure if letting your guard down would affect Whispy the same; DBZ characters are in part, so powerful because of their ki & such, but as far as I know, Whispy isn't using anything like Ki to bulk himself up; His durability is from who he scales to.
(Also, not THAT important for your question, but Whispy has other means of offense than blowing. Rockets, apples (Yes, really.), shooting parts of his body, etc.)
also that 400x multipler is for base ssj3 is 4x stronger then ssj2 it like this ssj 50x then ssj2 2x so 100x together ssj3 4x so 400x if we compare it to base stats and that father son kamehameha obliterated cell and his regeneration and whisky need to show if he can destroy regeneration on that caliber
I'm having trouble parsing this.
The 400x multiplier is for Base SSJ3, which is 4 times stronger than SSJ2. SSJ1 is 50 times stronger than Base, SSJ2 is twice is strong as SSJ1 (100x multiplier total.), & SSJ3 is 4x stronger than SSJ2, thus, effectively resulting in SSJ3 being effectively 400x stronger than Base?

In any case, my memory says that sufficiently higher AP can mean that you can kill someone in spite of Regeneration, which makes sense; If your attacks are strong enough, you can turn someone to "chunky salsa" with a single hit. Stronger still, you can vaporize them. Stronger still, atomize them. Etc. etc.
With a big enough difference in AP compared to your opponent's durability, the damage would be so high to the victim's physiology it would destroy them beyond their capacity to regenerate.

& in this match, depending on where Cell & Whispy's AP are, the difference ranges from near non-existent (IF Cell is maximum yield for Cell's tier, & Whispy is minimum yield for Whispy's tier.), to hundreds of millions (If both are at the average within their tiers.) to over quadrillions of times (If Whispy is maximum for his tier & Cell is minimum for his.) higher.

I think it's a fair assumption that you get very thoroughly destroyed if hit by an explosion or such from someone orders of magnitude stronger than you, & while I'm unsure, that could be the case here.

Last edited:
Pretty sure being hal a billion times stronger than someone is enough to vaporize them, so long as whyspy has some kind of energy attack or explosion.

if it's 5-A whispy: Cell Stomps
if it's 4-A whispy: Whispy stomps
Quoting the OP: "Cell is in his Super Perfect Cell Form
Whispy Woods starts out in his base form with access to his EX Form and High Sky Form. Clanky Woods however, is not used."
Whispy's Tier in base, is: Varies from 5-A to 4-A, up to at least 4-A

Since I haven't gotten any answers as to even what range of joules he's in, I wonder WHY he varies.
Pretty sure being hal a billion times stronger than someone is enough to vaporize them, so long as whyspy has some kind of energy attack or explosion.
Would strong enough wind suffice? There's also the question of if Whispy has his Explosion Manipulation in base.

Last edited:
Back