• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
There's no real connection that I can tell between these two other than the fact that that they're both 6-B and I wanted a 6-B match. But who cares...

Speed is not equal.

Who wins and why?

Celebi:

Pearl: 1

Inconclusive:

Pearl would take this with difficulty. Pearl is faster than Celebi so it'd be hard for the pokemon to tag her, plus Pearl is several thousand years older than Celebi so she'd definetly have the edge in experience. Not to mention Pearl has a literal army at her disposal so she'd eventually tire Celebi out while Celebi fights the Holo-Pearls. Voting Pearl.

I'm sorry but how does Pearl win this exactly? I'm pretty sure Celebi curb-stomps with Time Manip, Healing and Precog alone. Also what army are you talking about? True, I haven't read any of the comics or played that on game, but I don't remember her summonong an army at any point and even if she did, Celebi can just counter with her own army of herself from all across time.

Unless she starts with time manip she gets blitzed. The Holo-Pearl's which she can summon an infinite amount of are her army, she just doesn't use them that much in the show.

Oh hey your right, this is a blitz. Even if Celebi starts with Time Manip she get's blitzed. Equalize Speed cause this isn't a fight otherwise. What's the max number of Holo-Pearls Pearl has summoned and where is it stated she can summon them infinitly?

The max she's summoned at once in the show has been about 7 or more I think but in the Save the Light video game she can easily spawn dozens at a time. The reason they are infinite is because they take literally no effort to create and could thus just keep making them if she chose, they have even been shown to continue to exist for a period of up to 2 weeks after Pearl was poofed so they don't rely on Pearl to operate.

That's great. Speed still needs to be equalized.

Also great. Celebi can call for dozens of other Celebi's from across time, all of which are actually independant or she can just send Pearl into the distant past or future.

Pearl doesn't blitz she scales to .33c her speed was supposed to changed (plus was going to be removed) but nobody did for some reason.

Celebi I think is .24c while pearl is .33c. So pearl is only slightly faster. (Also Celebi is stated to be slightly faster than the feat on her profile so she should be able to keep up with Pearl)

I kinda feel like this is a stomp if Celebi just chucks Pearl into the future before she can do anything, but I don't know much about her so I'll wait.

Afaik, Celebi's precognition is from future sight which has to be manually used

Also I don't see how Relavistic+ vs <<<<<< .24c is a blitz anyway

To my knowledge Celebi is constantly jumping through time, but you may want to check with Cal on that one. He's the resident pokemon expert, right?

Time travel is Celebi's gimmick yeah, though she doesn't spam it in-battle afaik

What battle are you refering to? In-game battles where time travel isn't a thing or the 4th movie in which dozens of Celebi's from across time jump all to a single moment to save just one of them?

Celebi claps with Time manip. What counter does Pearl have to being swarmed by hundreds of Celebi sending her to World War 1 with time manip.

Back