• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Categories

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
So what, the "Sword Users" category replaced the "Swordsmen" category somehow? When did this happen?

Also, the "Archers" category is used for archers, not "Bow Users." Same with "Marksmen" and characters that use guns.

I was also confused about things like this, how there are categories like "Intangibility" instead of "Intangibility Users".

Well, Lord Kavpeny used an automated script to adjust the names to be more in line with our general standards. But it is hard to make everything perfectly consistent.

If there is Swordsmen there can be Swordswomen So obviously Sword Users is the better term.But there are some other categories that requires renaming.

Intangibility = Intangibility Users

Gold Saint = Gold Saints

Webcomic characters = Webcomic Characters

Movie characters = Movie Characters

I am sure there are others like this.And we use either Marksmen or Gun Users not both. Same goes for Archers and Bow Users

Yeah. I may have to adjust those categories with the script.

There seems to have been a script error. When I attempted to change "Webcomic characters" to "Webcomic Characters" in the same manner that has worked fine previously it automatically removed the category entirely instead. It appears that it does not distinguish between regular and capital letters very well.

I will attempt to fix the problem as best I can, but the script is kind of wonky, so feel extremely free to check the edit history and help by adding the missing category to the pages in question.

I will take care of Noblesse One-Punch Man and God of Highschool verse (add Webcomic Characters)

How about this:

You can help out by telling me the names of the series that need to have the "Webcomic Characters" category added, and I can fix it via the automated script.

Thank you for the help.

Okay. I have now fixed all of the above, with the exception of "Movie characters", given that the script would likely remove the category again, due to not being sufficiently case-sensitive.

Okay I went through this entire page and found some more issues.

Bronze Saint = Bronze Saints

Fighting Game Character = Fighting Game Characters

Loyal = Loyal Characters

Marvel Movies = Marvel Cinematic Universe (since all of them aren't movies some are tv series)

Verse = Verses

Werewolf = Werewolves

Quincy = Quincies

Mecha = Mechas

Anti-Magic = Nullification Users (magic is not the only thing that can be nullified so...)

Soul Manipulators = Soul Users (this category already exists just Soul Manipulators have to be replaced by Soul Users

Matter Users = Matter Manipulators (same case as above)

Telekinesis = Telekinesis Users (same case as above)

Telepathy = Telepaths (same case as above)

Swordsme = Sword Users (same case as above)

Okay. Thank you. I will add revising them to the to-do list. I have probably spammed the recent changes list enough for one day.

Alright. I probably won't do them today though, but I am placing them in my to-do list.

I am uncertain about the "Nullification Users" renaming though. Wouldn't "Anti-Magic Users" or "Magic Nullification Users" be more in line with the original intention?

No, Actually. Ki/Chi can also be nullified. Saint Seiya Characters ca Nullify any ability after seeing it once. But they don't use Magic. So Magic Nullification Users or Anti-Magic Users won't apply to them. We will need another category.

Instead "Nullification Users" is a more generalized term and applicable to any verse.

Maybe "Power Nullification Users" is less confusing then?

Back