• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania - Everyone wants a piece of Chaos

Hello.

Well, I think that's simple.

From this accepted Blog of @Theglassman12, chaos and darkness are the same thing, synonymous. Chaos power refers to the power of darkness and vice versa.

Chaos and Darkness​

So this one is mostly to address some confusion when reading the profiles. In Castlevania, the terms "Darkness" and "Chaos" have been used interchangeably a lot of the times. Here's the proof: In Circle of the Moon, the introduction mentions Followers of Chaos trying to bring back Dracula,[19] while at the very end of the game Dracula mentions the Darkness in the hearts of men will bring him back.[19] In the novels they constantly reference the Chaos in the hearts of men for the creatures of chaos coming back from the dead. Castlevania Legends also mentions the same thing with Darkness existing and Dracula returning.[20] In Dawn of Sorrow, Celia uses gateways that lead to darkness to amplify her monsters in the castle[21] and when Soma was in the process of turning into the Dark Lord and dark energy flows inside of him, Celia mentions the powers of Chaos are gathering,[21] and Alucard has the dark powers in him reversed in the end of the game.[21] The CD Drama also refers to creatures of chaos as creatures of darkness[22] The novels also explain the Chaos in the hearts of men bringing the monsters back, when the other games mentions Darkness. Dracula channels the powers of chaos when doing anything, and in Curse of Darkness he even calls upon the "Power of Darkness" when doing so.[3] Lastly we have the description[21] on the Dark Lord[9] and Chaos itself being referred to as polar opposites to God in order to bring balance.[21] So all in all, whenever any character in the series remotely mentions Darkness or Chaos, they usually mean the same thing in the verse.
Well, what does that change? Basically any character who can use the dark element will gain the basic chaos passives.

Affected characters
There are characters who are affected by this but already have the ground abilities listed in their profile, like Nathan who has the power to turn into a skeleton (a ground creature) but he also has a magic to imbue the power of darkness in his whip.

If there is another character that I forgot that is affected by the CRT and does not have the ground passives listed in their profile for another reason, please let me know.

This was only something I realized watching the Blog thing and the Dark and Chaos thing. So I don't exactly have any other great arguments for this (At least not in my head right now) so I'll see what other Castlevania supporters have to say about it.

Vote

Agree: (2;0) @Theglassman12 (Also agrees with Simon, Maria and Belnades), @Planck69

Neutral:
(0;0)

Disagree: (0;0)

Last edited:
Looks fine to me, though if you’re going to push for this on anyone using dark powers, I don’t see why Simon or Maria are exempt from this when they have access to dark weapons and powers and equipment in Grimoire of Souls.

Also what about Yoko or Sypha having access to this given the Belnades was labeled as witches with dark powers back in the 15th century?

I don’t see why Simon or Maria are exempt from this when they have access to dark weapons and powers and equipment in Grimoire of Souls.
It's just that these two get these equipment from writing in the grimoire, etc., right?

As the Grimorio is not a representation of the Castlevania timeline, but rather a recreation of the timeline. They're not literally the same character, are they?

Like, our profiles of Simon and Maria are their verses from that time that are already dead in 203X. They didn't have this experience from their library recreations of getting weapons from the writing in the library.

But like I said, I haven't really seen much of GoS so if the votes agree to give them this equipment, I don't really have a problem.

Also what about Yoko or Sypha having access to this given the Belnades was labeled as witches with dark powers back in the 15th century?
I forgot that.

This is mentioned in the Castlevania 3 guide, isn't it? I remember that.

As they are a family of witches, and witches are considered creatures of chaos, naturally they should have.

But is there another place that talks about this about the Belnades family? I find Sypha's lines in Judgment strange, which at least to me suggests that she doesn't practice the dark arts, for example:
  • All who wield the dark arts must pay the price."
  • "I have no mercy for anything tainted by darkness."
  • "Foul creature of darkness--your end is nigh."
As Castle 3 had some small retcons like the origin of the vampire Alucard, I would feel more comfortable if there was another statement like this from the Belnades family.

I think that's another thing I'll leave to the votes.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out those two things.

It's just that these two get these equipment from writing in the grimoire, etc., right?

As the Grimorio is not a representation of the Castlevania timeline, but rather a recreation of the timeline. They're not literally the same character, are they?

Like, our profiles of Simon and Maria are their verses from that time that are already dead in 203X. They didn't have this experience from their library recreations of getting weapons from the writing in the library.

But like I said, I haven't really seen much of GoS so if the votes agree to give them this equipment, I don't really have a problem.

I forgot that.

This is mentioned in the Castlevania 3 guide, isn't it? I remember that.

As they are a family of witches, and witches are considered creatures of chaos, naturally they should have.

But is there another place that talks about this about the Belnades family? I find Sypha's lines in Judgment strange, which at least to me suggests that she doesn't practice the dark arts, for example:

As Castle 3 had some small retcons like the origin of the vampire Alucard, I would feel more comfortable if there was another statement like this from the Belnades family.

I think that's another thing I'll leave to the votes.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out those two things.
I will update the OP

It's stories of every single time someone's encountered Dracula's castle in someway shape or form, plus they're literally made to be as close to the original person as physically possible. Not only with their personalities intact but the whole entire subplot with bringing trevor back was that they had to recreate him from scratch from everything, through all 3 vampire killers available and Alucard's memories of Trevor to make him the real deal. Also literally every single weapon and armor they get is from the grimoires themselves, so whether or not they exist in 203X or not is kinda irrelevant when they're getting all of their powers and abilities back from the grimoires. That was also explained why Alucard's power wasn't at his peak since the grimoires only catalogues so much of what Alucard can do.

For Sypha she's also stated to have magic that controls the dead, which is considered dark magic so I doubt she doesn't dabble with the dark arts for her own cause, unless you wanna say Alucard doesn't have darkness within him despite the fact he has dracula's magic within him.

It's stories of every single time someone's encountered Dracula's castle in someway shape or form, plus they're literally made to be as close to the original person as physically possible. Not only with their personalities intact but the whole entire subplot with bringing trevor back was that they had to recreate him from scratch from everything, through all 3 vampire killers available and Alucard's memories of Trevor to make him the real deal. Also literally every single weapon and armor they get is from the grimoires themselves, so whether or not they exist in 203X or not is kinda irrelevant when they're getting all of their powers and abilities back from the grimoires. That was also explained why Alucard's power wasn't at his peak since the grimoires only catalogues so much of what Alucard can do.

For Sypha she's also stated to have magic that controls the dead,
Do you remember the scan that talks about Spypha using dark arts. I remember it was some Castle 3 manual, but I can't find it.

I added your vote.

Thanks for the time.

If you have anything else to add, please let me know.

Back