• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know. You can ask The real cal howard and Thebluedash to reply here.

Er...not really Percy acknowledges his power, and Percy was winning because of one, skill, and two, Riptide>Khlopesh.

Should we close this thread then?

My knowledge is limited to the Percy Jackson franchise, I have not read the crossover with Carter Kane.

@Cal

can you give quotes of him acknowledging Carter's powers?

"Despite all the swamp water I'd swallowed, my throat felt dry. "Look," I said, "I'm sorry about hitting you with that fist spell. It was an accident. But the thing I don't understand…it should have killed you. It didn't. That doesn't make sense."

"Don't sound so disappointed," he muttered. "But while we're on the subject, you should be dead too. Not many people can fight me that well. And my sword should have vaporized your crocodile."

Excerpt From: Riordan, Rick. "The Son of Sobek." Disney Hyperion. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.

Well I mean hes just simply saying that he is somewhat formiddable because his crocodile didn't vaporize. Do we have any proof that Percy even went full out?

Carter only struggled due to Percy's speed and skill. Percy's strength wasn't really the issue. Though, he did seem a bit...casual.

@Cal

I don't think you understand... The statement "not many people can fight me that well" is not a reason to scale him. Percy by now is a skilled demigod so of course not many people can fight with him that well. Just because Carter Kane is someone who "hanged" with him in battle, he never damaged Percy. Percy also seems to be casual during most of the fight, so we can't even prove that Percy even tried that hard.

Damage, physical damage, visible damage, bruises, bleeding, the character mentions hes hurt. Knockback does not scale to attack potency.

He hurt Percy enough to give Percy the idea that he was a monster and open with waves. Carter was also capable of parrying his blows, something that shouldn't have happened if there was a massive difference in strength. Furthermore, they both took damage from the Son of Sobek. If Carter was weaker than Percy in the sense that he shouldn't scale, he'd have been obliterated.

Percy thinking that he was a monster isn't really all that impressive, not all monsters in this series are some top tier. Trading blows back doesn't matter if Percy was not going full power. For example, Ganos was trading blows with Goku during the tournament of power, but he's still rated as Planet level, because Goku didn't seem to try that hard.

I don't know what the Son of Sobek, but I suppose if its a super dangerous being or weapon that Percy finds to be a threat yet Carter also fought it, I guess that might work.

i have the book in my hands right now and there is absolutely no way carter and percy are equal. no way. percy sounded way too casual for carter to be equal.

also the thing is, carter has fought people with higher tiers than percy, such as him and sadie backing Seth into a corner who was utilizing the powers of the red pyramid at that time.

"I guess that spell was still in my head, ready to be triggered like a loaded gun. Facing Camper Boy, I was furious, not to mention dazed and confused; so when I meant to say the English word fist, it came out in Ancient Egyptian instead: khefa. Such a simple hieroglyph:

(Enter hand hieroglyph here)

You wouldn't think it could cause so much trouble. As soon as I spoke the word, the symbol blazed in the air between us. A giant fist the size of a dishwasher shimmered into existence and slammed Camper Boy into the next county. I mean I literally punched him out of his shoes. He rocketed from the river with a loud suck-plop! And the last thing I saw was his bare feet achieving escape velocity as he flew backward and disappeared from sight. No, I didn't feel good about it. Well…maybe a tiny bit good. But I also felt mortified. Even if this guy was a jerk, magicians weren't supposed to go around sucker-punching kids into orbit with the Fist of Horus."

Excerpt From: Riordan, Rick. "The Son of Sobek." Disney Hyperion. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-son-of-sobek/id624286658?mt=11

Percy went out like nothing happened, and rekt him in a swordfight, and could still talk casually when fighting, and Carter mentioned he "barely" managed to counter. Tier 7 for Carter would be reasonable.

Pretty much, Percy is faster and more skilled than Carter in h2h. Fist of Horus had no effect on percy, and he seemed casual in fighting. Ehere that puts Percy or Carter is up to you guys.

Separate keys for what specifically?

Okay. That should probably be fine.

That seems appropriate, yes.

@ Antvasima

Could you close/protect the pages for the Greek/Roman gods since they seem to be complete ? (Except Apollo, since there are still books coming out about him)

They do not seem controversial, popular, or high-tiered enough to admin-lock.

Yes. Let's stop derailing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back